Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 23 May 2019, 16:43

schubi wrote:Good day.

First of all, wanted to thank you for your work you put into this mod.

I've encountered a problem which gets me stuck into progressing now.
Being silly to try to beat the game with a peasant party and scaling enemies, I'm in the pit now, beating the breeding zone (which is a nightmare with this party).
Achieving this, going back to Archibald to unlock the following quests of the dark path, he just says to deal with the breeding zone and doesn't give any progress. Tried it even twice, and he still doesn't change his mind that I should beat it, again.

Possible problem may be that he gives the option to become sorcerers twice instead of just once.
https://i.imgur.com/Bke0awm.png
Not sure if it's the cause, but something's wrong that I can't progress anymore. Files are up to date on my end.

Hope that you can fix this problem if it's indeed a problem, or know how to fix it on my end to try to continue this difficult party setup.
Added into the Bug Tracker.

Also be sure to be patient and Rodril will give you console code blocks to fix the issue in your savegame (if simple script replacement won't do the trick).
This is how corrupt savegames' quests were fixed many times before, in this very thread.

EDIT: I've also added you to the Credits section on the tracker, under Bug Catchers.
Last edited by Templayer on 23 May 2019, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

schubi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schubi » 23 May 2019, 18:28

I'm not in a rush, so I can wait until it's fixed or if something can provided to help me a bit earlier. Gives me some time to recover from that hard run~
And thank you.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 23 May 2019, 23:06

schubi wrote:I'm not in a rush, so I can wait until it's fixed or if something can provided to help me a bit earlier. Gives me some time to recover from that hard run~
And thank you.
Hello. I'll fix this bug in next update, thank you. To continue your current walkthrough you'll have to use debug console:
1. Start conversation with Archibald.
2. Press alt+f1 to open debug console.
3. Type or copy code: evt.SetNPCTopic{427,0,918}
4. Press ctrl+enter to execute it, topic will come back.
Jamesx wrote: It's just a lich body pack for dwarves, I suppose we can use the original mm8 lich heads for them) For now I can't see another options, because mm7 heads are exactly the same.
Thank you a lot. I'll insert them in next update.
I don't know, though, if dwarf or minotaur liches have ever existed in MM lore.
LupusArmis wrote: There are no boots. Anywhere. Neither armorsmiths nor magicians seem to carry them, and I've not looted any from mobs. Is this a known issue?
Strange. Can not even imagine what can cause this.
Crusader_bin wrote:All conversations are working, but I have same issue when I talk about joining the buccaneer guild and blade guild. But maybe that was intended?
Yes, mercenary guilds does not work like they did in original MM6 at the moment.
Last edited by Rodril on 23 May 2019, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 24 May 2019, 03:36

@ Rodril
Is there a limit as to how many sprites you can put into the over all game or per map? I placed some sprites and models in Sutter's Bay (The Chaos Conspiracy) and it almost worked find except that the horse shoes and the barrels you sell for 200 gold were gone. Also, when I did the same to another map, it did not work at all( crash to desk top) when I enter the map. :(
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 24 May 2019, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 24 May 2019, 15:14

Rodril wrote:
schubi wrote:I'm not in a rush, so I can wait until it's fixed or if something can provided to help me a bit earlier. Gives me some time to recover from that hard run~
And thank you.
Hello. I'll fix this bug in next update, thank you. To continue your current walkthrough you'll have to use debug console:
Jamesx wrote: It's just a lich body pack for dwarves, I suppose we can use the original mm8 lich heads for them) For now I can't see another options, because mm7 heads are exactly the same.
Thank you a lot. I'll insert them in next update.
I don't know, though, if dwarf or minotaur liches have ever existed in MM lore.
LupusArmis wrote: There are no boots. Anywhere. Neither armorsmiths nor magicians seem to carry them, and I've not looted any from mobs. Is this a known issue?
Strange. Can not even imagine what can cause this.
Crusader_bin wrote:All conversations are working, but I have same issue when I talk about joining the buccaneer guild and blade guild. But maybe that was intended?
Yes, mercenary guilds does not work like they did in original MM6 at the moment.
Thanks a lot for all the info! You guys are amazing in general :)

I just have one question, how do I gain ID Item skill, if I can't access Buccaneer's Lair in New Sorpigal?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 24 May 2019, 15:31

Rodril wrote: I don't know, though, if dwarf or minotaur liches have ever existed in MM lore.
Um. Are you aware that you can make a Dwarf Liche in both vanilla MM7 and the Merge without the optional modifications?

Also. WE MAKE THE LORE NOW. :P

So technically, as of now, lore-wise - you cannot distinguish a dwarf liche from a normal liche, because as everyone knows, upon Liching the dwarf gains in length and loses his beard! :D :D :D

schubi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schubi » 24 May 2019, 16:59

Rodril wrote:
And thank you.
Thanks for your help.
I did as you said, and I'm able to finish the quest now.
However, the following four houses with the next dark quests remain empty, and Archibald gives the option for becoming a sorcerer twice again, just like it was before. Trying to use the command multiple times didn't help, so progress is still stuck on my end. Using the command doesn't unlock the next main quests as it seems.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 25 May 2019, 19:33

is there any hint when mm6/7 helmets/boots are coming back in the game? (most armour types are already redrawn, i dont know the time it takes, sorry i dont wanna rush anyone with it)
havent seen twilight cloack (mm7) either, cloak of darkness/light are already back ingame
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 25 May 2019, 19:51

here is something i wanted to say a long time ago for sure, but always forgot to think about it: thx for the mod.

i always had thought about how cool it would be, to have a mod for those 3 games, but in a little different way:
having 2x4 chars from mm6, mm7 and 5 from mm8 fighting together in a 13 people group :D - no i wouldnt have done 13 dragons, but i would have tried 1 time for sure - but i guess V snatched them 9 others chars away from that dream :D

there would have been every race from all 3 games availiable with classes from mm6+7 and 8 combined (like now) but with a mixture of good and evil chars (like mm8, mm7 wouldnt happen to have light/dark path)
artifacts/relics were a plenty for everyone to wear - a mixture for everyone (paperdolls would only have fitted the game-relevant items (mm6 for mm6 chars)
dragons wouldnt have gotten xp from slaying dragons; minotaurs not from slaying minotaurs; elves ...; dwarves ...
Last edited by justl on 25 May 2019, 19:54, edited 3 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 May 2019, 06:21

justl wrote:is there any hint when mm6/7 helmets/boots are coming back in the game? (most armour types are already redrawn, i dont know the time it takes, sorry i dont wanna rush anyone with it)
havent seen twilight cloack (mm7) either, cloak of darkness/light are already back ingame
As far as I know no one is doing the repaints now.

So the current estimate on that is infinity. :( :(

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 May 2019, 06:28

schubi wrote:
Rodril wrote:
And thank you.
Thanks for your help.
I did as you said, and I'm able to finish the quest now.
However, the following four houses with the next dark quests remain empty, and Archibald gives the option for becoming a sorcerer twice again, just like it was before. Trying to use the command multiple times didn't help, so progress is still stuck on my end. Using the command doesn't unlock the next main quests as it seems.
Seems to be a bigger problem than originally anticipated. Don't worry, if anybody can sort that out, it is Rodril.
Added to your original bug report for now.

Also Rodril will have it fixed for the next update, so you might wait for that and then load before applying the first fix, maybe then it won't be triggered again for the subsequent quests. Just talking out of my arse here, of course.

schubi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schubi » 26 May 2019, 09:15

Templayer wrote: Seems to be a bigger problem than originally anticipated. Don't worry, if anybody can sort that out, it is Rodril.
Added to your original bug report for now.

Also Rodril will have it fixed for the next update, so you might wait for that and then load before applying the first fix, maybe then it won't be triggered again for the subsequent quests. Just talking out of my **** here, of course.
I'll wait then and hope that I won't have to report more issues afterwards. If the dark quest line has that issue, the light quest line may have the same.
I have saves at the end of the breeding zone and outside as well, so one save file should work out once the update is there. Thanks~

toreadorlelder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toreadorlelder » 27 May 2019, 07:42

Got things up and running, yay!

Started in MM7. Still early on. One of my favorite MM7 tricks to deal with the Arena quest, is to use an explorer hireling. Explorer reduces all travel by a day...which means, Harmondale -> Arena is 3 days. Coming back from the Arena used to take 4 days...but now, it's 0. Which is kinda cool. Intentional? It used to be a simple 7 day loop...3 out, 4 back, you're back at the stables, let's do it again! Long as you had the explorer. And there are still some uses...Erathia on Saturday to Tatalia goes from 2 days to 1...so bingo, you're there on Sunday. So I'll probably keep the explorer until I hit the Island at least once....

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 May 2019, 11:07

Got an idea:
Instead of showing NPC panel the NPC button could bring up the dialog with one of NPCs with the ability to switch between them. Though, it probably isn't worth the hassle. Shortcuts for NPCs and showing/hiding NPC panel should be enough.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 May 2019, 14:16

toreadorlelder wrote:Got things up and running, yay!

Started in MM7. Still early on. One of my favorite MM7 tricks to deal with the Arena quest, is to use an explorer hireling. Explorer reduces all travel by a day...which means, Harmondale -> Arena is 3 days. Coming back from the Arena used to take 4 days...but now, it's 0. Which is kinda cool. Intentional? It used to be a simple 7 day loop...3 out, 4 back, you're back at the stables, let's do it again! Long as you had the explorer. And there are still some uses...Erathia on Saturday to Tatalia goes from 2 days to 1...so bingo, you're there on Sunday. So I'll probably keep the explorer until I hit the Island at least once....
Added to the bug tracker with an annotation saying that it might not be a bug. Keep going, good catch if that is indeed a bug.
I do however think that in one of the games it really took 0 days to go back from the Arena (I might be mistaken however). In any case it makes no logical sense for a party to travel 4 days to a location and 0 days back. I have added you to the Bug Catcher section of the Credits Tracker.
GrayFace wrote:Got an idea:
Instead of showing NPC panel the NPC button could bring up the dialog with one of NPCs with the ability to switch between them. Though, it probably isn't worth the hassle. Shortcuts for NPCs and showing/hiding NPC panel should be enough.
Added to the Suggestions Tracker, and I made a new colour suggestion type -> Suggested by GrayFace. Enjoy. You are the only one person that gets that VIP status there. *and his word was LAW*

Also I have added a suggestion of my own to the Suggestion Tracker.

Secret dungeon with all the people who have contributed to the Merge
Templayer » May 27 2019, 16:07
Since we have the Credits Tracker now and we know pretty much everyone who has ever contributed something to this project, maybe it is time to make a Merge secret dungeon. The individual contributors should preferably be programmer art. :D (and Rodril, of course, should be a Crashing Flying Cacti on a throne of some weird material, with GrayFace being a MM6-style 2D NPC on the ceiling). And perhaps do something nice for the various types of contributions (like Bug Catchers should get their own personal thing, a special place if you will)

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 27 May 2019, 17:53

Templayer wrote: And now .... MINOTAUR LICHES. The head would be the problem in there, but you could find some pictures of bull skeletal heads, pixelize them, upscale them back, and then tweak as neccessary to make the feel. Portrait sprites will take a lot of time though, but if you had more than one angle on the skull, and used the same method,.... too bad I can't draw for crap, right? :D :D
I'm afraid I don't have any drawing skills to make this come true))))
I think the minotaurs cannot become a liches at all, because they are originally magical creatures. Even if they go through such a ritual, they are unlikely to become liches in our conventional sense... Maybe they can became undead, or bone minotaures, like a bone dragons.. Anyway I'm afraid I can not do something like that(
Speaking about bone dragons
Here is a something for you))
:down:
DOWNLOAD
Just found a 3D model of bone dragon and use it to make this portrait. Based on mm8 pc25 dragon
Like I said before any character maded with different models that not belongs to mm looks some strange.. but it's all I can do for now)
I would suggest that it is rather a Bone Dragon, because the process of turning a dragon into a lich form is beyond my understanding :D :D But It also can be a Dragolich, whatever you want it to be)))

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 27 May 2019, 20:44

Jamesx wrote: Speaking about bone dragons
Here is a something for you))
:down:
DOWNLOAD
Just found a 3D model of bone dragon and use it to make this portrait. Based on mm8 pc25 dragon
Lol. That's Skyrim's Skeletal Dragon.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-creatu ... gon_02.jpg
Last edited by Daedros on 27 May 2019, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 27 May 2019, 21:48

Daedros wrote:
Jamesx wrote: Lol. That's Skyrim's Skeletal Dragon.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-creatu ... gon_02.jpg
Yes, that's him.
Sadly, that Tes lore doesn't contains minotaures liches :D

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 02:32

Jamesx wrote: Yes, that's him.
Sadly, that Tes lore doesn't contains minotaures liches :D
That image of a Bone Dragon is alright and all, but what I personally find most jarring about it is the fact that it's a 2-legged dragon compared to pc25 dragon itself, which have 4 legs. I honestly expected something like that.
https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm4/ ... dragon.jpg

Just saying. 8|

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 28 May 2019, 06:31

SpectralDragon wrote: That image of a Bone Dragon is alright and all, but what I personally find most jarring about it is the fact that it's a 2-legged dragon compared to pc25 dragon itself, which have 4 legs. I honestly expected something like that.
https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm4/ ... dragon.jpg

Just saying. 8|
I see... Honestly I didn't thought about that :D
unfortunately, I didn't found a model like that yet. If I can find a 3d model with 4 legs, I'll make an update)))

Return to “Might and Magic”