Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Daedros
Scout
Scout

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby Daedros » 11 May 2019, 09:22

Kaikhorus wrote:Buying cheap weapons in new sorpigal, dagger wound etc. and GM fire aura then selling for max profit is an easy mid/late game gold boost. Similar strategies apply with enchant item.
Yeah, i used to do that a lot years ago on vanilla M&M8. +2k Gold Value to a weapon from adding "Of Infernos" with the Fire Aura spell at GM. Still, that gets extremely tedious for such a low return at late game.
Hirelings taking gold out of your Trade Items and Arena winnings annoys me. The hirelings say they take from gold that you find, which suggests anything you loot from a corpse or chest. They say nothing about taking gold from your rewards or sales. In fact, if you sell something directly to a shop, they don't take gold from that, which suggests that they shouldn't be taking gold from your Trades either.
Last edited by Daedros on 11 May 2019, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 May 2019, 10:40

Daedros wrote:Hirelings are affecting the amount of gold you receive from selling trade items, breaking the purpose of trade items. For example, i buy a Forged Credit Voucher for 6,500 Gold. With no Hirelings, i sell that Forged Credit Voucher for 7,237 Gold, a profit of 737 Gold. However, with 3 Instructors (-21% Gold), i sell that same Forged Credit Voucher, for 5,710 Gold, a loss of 790 gold. Conversely, Bankers and Factors will increase the profit you make from trade items.
Hirelings really should not be affecting the value of trade items.
justl wrote:another artifact/relic related thing:

some of the mm7 ones with good/evil had their premises removed (old nick https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/I ... ldnick.jpg can be worn by everyone with dagger ability), whilst racial ones (goblin, elves) seem to be inconsistent (elvenbane double hand sword https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/I ... lfbane.jpg can only wielded by goblins, whilst the elven armor https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/I ... panzer.jpg can be worn by any chainmail user)

with mm8 artifacts it is like you can wear the "neutral" ones (no premises) whilst racial/class ones are "locked".
there is an inconsistency (imho) between the continents - a mishmash kind of thing, maybe there could be thoughts about that?

thx
justl
Added both to the Bug Tracker.
Daedros wrote: Hirelings taking gold out of your Trade Items and Arena winnings annoys me. The hirelings say they take from gold that you find, which suggests anything you loot from a corpse or chest. They say nothing about taking gold from your rewards or sales. In fact, if you sell something directly to a shop, they don't take gold from that, which suggests that they shouldn't be taking gold from your Trades either.
Added as an addition to the Bug Report.
Daedros wrote:Most NPCs walking about are spawning as nameless Peasants that can't be hired. Only a small handful have professions that can be hired. I haven't seen a hireable Peasant that can be turned into a party member of any class in a long time, even when my party isn't full.

Suggestion. Allow profession NPCs to spawn inside of shops. For example, Bankers and Factors could pop up inside of Banks, Instructors could show up inside of Training Halls, Armsmasters inside of Weapons Shops, Scholars inside of Magic Item and Reagent shops, Spell Masters and Psychics/Mystics inside of Spell Shops, Healers inside of Temples, Jesters, Pipers, and Chefs inside of Taverns, etc. This would allow us to hunt for specific hirelings easier.
First added to the Bug Tracker, second to the Suggestion Tracker.
Lucius wrote:Bug: Clanker's Amulet artifact +15 Alchemy bonus not stacking
Clanker's Amulet(15) + Ring of Fusion(5) + Ring "of alchemy"(25) expected bonus 45
real bonus:
25 if equip Ring of Fusion then equip Ring "of alchemy"
30 if equip Ring "of alchemy" then equip Ring of Fusion
Added to the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 12 May 2019, 03:12

I have a suggestion of making not working Protection from Magic Potion to Regeneration(as per spell)
But that feels better as White potion I think

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 May 2019, 13:47

Lucius wrote:I have a suggestion of making not working Protection from Magic Potion to Regeneration(as per spell)
Since the Protection from Magic potion is not working, I am going to add that to the Bug Tracker instead.
Also just fixing the Protection from Magic Potion might also be a solution… I know, how surprising, right?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 12 May 2019, 14:12

hi,
a question about game mechanics anyone might know:
if i have a relic that does negative regeneration (like ethrics staff, or hades sword) and at the same time an item, which does positive regeneration.

when i have the premise, that every of that items does +/-1 regen per tick (with tick i mean the time it takes to regen 1 pt, not the actual timetick), do the effect cancel themselves out? so (outside battle) you wont see an effect overall
or is it more like positive first, then negative (or other way round)? which would make any extra (green ones) bonus from wells/etc. obsolet, cause it cancels them.
i know from vanilla might and magic 6 that regeneration items (either life or magic points) had the effect of canceling out green bonus on life/magic cause of that.

thx for any answers
justl
Last edited by justl on 12 May 2019, 14:20, edited 2 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 12 May 2019, 14:48

Bug: MM7 relic Glory Shield Spirit Magic bonus not working

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 May 2019, 15:47

Lucius wrote:Bug: MM7 relic Glory Shield Spirit Magic bonus not working

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 12 May 2019, 23:38

Bug: +5 level "of Power" enchantment does not stack with itself (is was stacking in vanilla MM6)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 May 2019, 15:18

Lucius wrote:Bug: +5 level "of Power" enchantment does not stack with itself (is was stacking in vanilla MM6)
Added to your yesterday's Bug Report on the Bug Tracker.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 13 May 2019, 15:47

Templayer wrote:
i have to counter that ... it is working.
without glory shield, my highpriest has +5 to spirit magic, with glory shield its +10 ... maybe you hit a kind of "magic barrier of stacking"?
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 May 2019, 17:59

justl wrote:
Templayer wrote:
i have to counter that ... it is working.
without glory shield, my highpriest has +5 to spirit magic, with glory shield its +10 ... maybe you hit a kind of "magic barrier of stacking"?
Your note has been added to the report. Let God (i.e. Rodril) sort you two out.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 May 2019, 21:35

Templayer wrote:
Lucius wrote:I have a suggestion of making not working Protection from Magic Potion to Regeneration(as per spell)
Since the Protection from Magic potion is not working, I am going to add that to the Bug Tracker instead.
Also just fixing the Protection from Magic Potion might also be a solution… I know, how surprising, right?
Rodril has mentioned that it won't work and why. Regeneration is an interesting idea for a potion for sure, so it could either replace Protection from Magic (in Pain Reflection's place) or I could devise a whole another recipe so that we can have both.

BTW, is adding the new recipe scrolls for the potions proving problematic mechanics-wise?

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 13 May 2019, 21:50

justl wrote:hi,
a question about game mechanics anyone might know:
if i have a relic that does negative regeneration (like ethrics staff, or hades sword) and at the same time an item, which does positive regeneration.

when i have the premise, that every of that items does +/-1 regen per tick (with tick i mean the time it takes to regen 1 pt, not the actual timetick), do the effect cancel themselves out? so (outside battle) you wont see an effect overall
or is it more like positive first, then negative (or other way round)? which would make any extra (green ones) bonus from wells/etc. obsolet, cause it cancels them.
i know from vanilla might and magic 6 that regeneration items (either life or magic points) had the effect of canceling out green bonus on life/magic cause of that.

thx for any answers
justl
They cancel each other out. My Lich uses Ethric's Staff, a Wyvern Belt of Plenty (+HP/SP Regen) and has Regeneration skill. The Ethric's Staff and Wyvern Belt of Plenty cancel each other out, while the Regeneration skill allows him to regen a % of his max HP, so he still regens Health over time.

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 14 May 2019, 04:37

May I ask exactly how to extract a map please ?

Would love to extract :)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 14 May 2019, 22:40

UnknownHuman wrote:May I ask exactly how to extract a map please ?

Do you mean a map to be edited with a 3D software? You have to use MMEditor and MMExtention and in stall them to a MM6-8 game. :) Then there are scripts for land maps found in lua files. OUTE3.lua is for the map of New Sorpigal. These files can be found at GrayFace Site. They have been Decompiled by him. :-D
David

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 15 May 2019, 05:41

Reputation is broken again. You can't gain Reputation from completing quests in either Antagarich or Jadame, and killing Peasants isn't dropping Reputation either, not even with Armageddon.

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 15 May 2019, 12:01

DaveHer wrote:
UnknownHuman wrote:May I ask exactly how to extract a map please ?

Do you mean a map to be edited with a 3D software? You have to use MMEditor and MMExtention and in stall them to a MM6-8 game. :) Then there are scripts for land maps found in lua files. OUTE3.lua is for the map of New Sorpigal. These files can be found at GrayFace Site. They have been Decompiled by him. :-D
David

Thank you very much :)
Yes was going to put all the Maps together in Serious Engine for fun and run around.
Did this with Wizardry 8 and wanted to do this with MM6-8 as well :)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 15 May 2019, 14:25

Hello there, everyone, I've been observing this post for quite a while since I was made aware of it and well, now I'm here, mostly because I have a question regarding training racial abilities outside of Jadame.

Is there any possibility that you can use the previous icon for the Baby Dragon in MM7 (the one that the vanilla game uses once you finish Tor's quest) as an icon for a hidden Dragon Ability trainer somewhere in Enroth/Erathia (MM6/MM7) while Blaze the Circus Master (only benigh Red Dragon in MM6, Circus) could be implemented as a trainer for either Dragon Ability Master or Grandmaster?

The reason for it is mainly due to the fact that travelling back to Jadame in order to train your Dragons would be quite inconvenient. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 15 May 2019, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 15 May 2019, 14:37

Lucius wrote:Bug: Clanker's Amulet artifact +15 Alchemy bonus not stacking
Clanker's Amulet(15) + Ring of Fusion(5) + Ring "of alchemy"(25) expected bonus 45
real bonus:
25 if equip Ring of Fusion then equip Ring "of alchemy"
30 if equip Ring "of alchemy" then equip Ring of Fusion
Clanker's Amulet not stacking is not a bug in my opinion. It does not stack in the original either. The stacking of skill bonuses is generally only for artifacts, which the amulet is not. Ring of Fusion should stack no matter if it's equipped first or second, so that does sound like a bug to me.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 May 2019, 15:55

SpectralDragon wrote:Hello there, everyone, I've been observing this post for quite a while since I was made aware of it and well, now I'm here, mostly because I have a question regarding training racial abilities outside of Jadame.

Is there any possibility that you can use the previous icon for the Baby Dragon in MM7 (the one that the vanilla game uses once you finish Tor's quest) as an icon for a hidden Dragon Ability trainer somewhere in Enroth/Erathia (MM6/MM7) while Blaze the Circus Master (only benigh Red Dragon in MM6, Circus) could be implemented as a trainer for either Dragon Ability Master or Grandmaster?

The reason for it is mainly due to the fact that travelling back to Jadame in order to train your Dragons would be quite inconvenient. ^^;
Since the Dragon Familiar that a Warlock gets is a playable NPC now, this should go the same way as Armsmaster, Alchemy and GM trainers in Enroth. I.e. for people that do not wish to leave for Jadame without finishing the continent first, there should be a way to train Dragon Abilities in Antagarich.

Added to the Suggestion Tracker.

Return to “Might and Magic”