Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
justl
Demon
Demon

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 09.03.2019]

Unread postby justl » 16 Mar 2019, 09:46

justl wrote:Hi,

began a new party with the recent changes (havent played in a while, so i threw away the old save files).
When i started out in Enroth and had a person to resuce (like the child in New Sorpigal, or the Gal from the Thieves Guild@Iron Fist) with me, i realised they were taking money from every stash inside a robbed chest - they didnt do corpse money though.

I'm not sure, if that was already in the original MM6 too, but i think i better write here, just in case.

Justl
Noticed another thing on the new go:

at the New Sorpigal temple where you can learn Merchant/Unarmed/Dodging, you can also learn Meditation - but only after you leave and reenter the temple, it isnt shown before - it doesnt matter if the char hasnt learned unarmed/dodging (no 3rd skill is showing up after those two when you learn merchandise).
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 16 Mar 2019, 13:15

justl wrote: Noticed another thing on the new go:

at the New Sorpigal temple where you can learn Merchant/Unarmed/Dodging, you can also learn Meditation - but only after you leave and reenter the temple, it isnt shown before - it doesnt matter if the char hasnt learned unarmed/dodging (no 3rd skill is showing up after those two when you learn merchandise).
Added to the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 16 Mar 2019, 13:31

justl wrote:

began a new party with the recent changes (havent played in a while, so i threw away the old save files).
When i started out in Enroth and had a person to resuce (like the child in New Sorpigal, or the Gal from the Thieves Guild@Iron Fist) with me, i realised they were taking money from every stash inside a robbed chest - they didnt do corpse money though.

I'm not sure, if that was already in the original MM6 too, but i think i better write here, just in case.

Justl

next one:

in new sorpigal i had a queen cobra as bountyhunt -> it appeared _in the water_ near the obelisk island there.
(and just for fun: there is a bouye there, which, in the original mm6, made this island spew fire, like a vulcano - this isnt functioning any more - no must have but a nice to have some time again :) )
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 16 Mar 2019, 14:42

justl wrote:
justl wrote:

Justl

next one:

in new sorpigal i had a queen cobra as bountyhunt -> it appeared _in the water_ near the obelisk island there.
(and just for fun: there is a bouye there, which, in the original mm6, made this island spew fire, like a vulcano - this isnt functioning any more - no must have but a nice to have some time again :) )
I dont remember such MM6 island, there was one in MM8 tho...maybe you mixed them up?

Also about the bountyhunt I think that is not bug, but feature from mod maker...to make it easier to do bountyhuntings...it happens in all other cities with town halls (Silver Cove and Mist, idk about outside of Enroth as I didnt progress much on those continents yet) aswell :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 16 Mar 2019, 18:11

Piottor wrote:
justl wrote:

next one:

I dont remember such MM6 island, there was one in MM8 tho...maybe you mixed them up?

Also about the bountyhunt I think that is not bug, but feature from mod maker...to make it easier to do bountyhuntings...it happens in all other cities with town halls (Silver Cove and Mist, idk about outside of Enroth as I didnt progress much on those continents yet) aswell :)
justl: You mistook it for MM8.
Piottor: justl probably meant the fact the queen cobra appeared IN THE WATER as a bug.

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 16 Mar 2019, 18:57

Templayer wrote: Piottor: justl probably meant the fact the queen cobra appeared IN THE WATER as a bug.

Oh, Ive seen countless (atleast 20) monsters in water that werent supposed to be in water that were part of bounty hunt then :D Ive seen somebody stated that monster spawning for bounty was a feature (might be you actually) so I never considered it to be bug...I thought it was feature to protect town populace in case something like dragon spawned :)

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 16 Mar 2019, 19:31

Templayer wrote:
Piottor wrote:
justl wrote: Also about the bountyhunt I think that is not bug, but feature from mod maker...to make it easier to do bountyhuntings...it happens in all other cities with town halls (Silver Cove and Mist, idk about outside of Enroth as I didnt progress much on those continents yet) aswell :)
justl: You mistook it for MM8.
Piottor: justl probably meant the fact the queen cobra appeared IN THE WATER as a bug.

nope, i didnt mistake it for mm8
it was this one at 5 Image
when you stand above the 2 like described here ( https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2335/t ... t-obelisk/ ) you might see it.
Last edited by justl on 16 Mar 2019, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

Vetrinus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vetrinus » 16 Mar 2019, 19:37

Templayer wrote:
Vetrinus wrote:
Templayer wrote:If you are referring to the ones that have a "strange presence" around them, just use Town Gate while in the "strange presence". Those I do not consider secret. :)
The real secret pathways require no activation and are offered somewhat earlier than the ones that I think you are referring to. ^_^
Wait, what?
Since when are there secret pathways that don't require Town Portal? I know there used to be six points of "high magical presence" across all three continents... has this changed?
No, it hasn't, and those aren't really that secret. But there are secret ones which do not require townportal. I can PM you one if you wish.

Can you PM me what towns they're in? I wanna find them myself but the entire game and every object in it are too much to look through.

Altergot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Altergot » 16 Mar 2019, 20:01

Is it possible to upscale & enhance the textures with ESRGAN?
After that M&M can looks much better.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 16.03.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 16 Mar 2019, 20:08

Hello. Patch link have been updated.
Now game have french localization, look for link in "Localizations" section of first post. Though this is machine combining of original texts, so cross continents quests are not translated.
Bolster adjusted further, i think it is in quiet good state now. Also random draw of monsters on arena is fixed. Few other minors, i'll note them on tracker a bit later. Thank you for reporting.
majaczek wrote:excuse me for repeating myself, but how to use telelocator properly?
I'm going to fix it in next update. Currently you can locate NPC by typing it's name, telelocator will say at which map and in what house that NPC is, other option is to look for item, telelocator will seek through all shops assortments and will type at what map and in what shop item is. Also after finishing cross continent storyline you can use telelocator at top of The Breach to travel back in time.
Altergot wrote:Is it possible to upscale & enhance the textures with ESRGAN?
After that M&M can looks much better.
Currently mm8 engine does not support texture scaling. Grayface mentioned possibilities for hd mods in upcoming updates though.

Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mozaki » 16 Mar 2019, 23:11

justl wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Piottor wrote: justl: You mistook it for MM8.

nope, i didnt mistake it for mm8
it was this one at 5 Image
when you stand above the 2 like described here ( https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2335/t ... t-obelisk/ ) you might see it.
I do remember this, but it's far away in my head lolll...
Rodril wrote:Hello. Patch link have been updated.
Now game have french localization, look for link in "Localizations" section of first post. Though this is machine combining of original texts, so cross continents quests are not translated.
Bolster adjusted further, i think it is in quiet good state now. Also random draw of monsters on arena is fixed. Few other minors, i'll note them on tracker a bit later. Thank you for reporting.
Thank you very much Rodril :-D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 Mar 2019, 01:08

Piottor wrote:
justl wrote:

next one:

I also think its a feature and I for one like it.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 17 Mar 2019, 09:18

another thing im missing in the merge is the gamma correction option in the video section - any clue where it might have went?
(no blood splatters either, seems like this whole section was left out)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Mar 2019, 09:54

Piottor wrote:
Templayer wrote: Piottor: justl probably meant the fact the queen cobra appeared IN THE WATER as a bug.

Oh, Ive seen countless (atleast 20) monsters in water that werent supposed to be in water that were part of bounty hunt then :D Ive seen somebody stated that monster spawning for bounty was a feature (might be you actually) so I never considered it to be bug...I thought it was feature to protect town populace in case something like dragon spawned :)
Yes, it is a feature that they should spawn somewhere on the map, and yes, they shouldn't spawn in towns, but that doesn't mean they should spawn in water if they are not water mobs! -_-
Vetrinus wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Vetrinus wrote:
Wait, what?
Since when are there secret pathways that don't require Town Portal? I know there used to be six points of "high magical presence" across all three continents... has this changed?
No, it hasn't, and those aren't really that secret. But there are secret ones which do not require townportal. I can PM you one if you wish.

Can you PM me what towns they're in? I wanna find them myself but the entire game and every object in it are too much to look through.
As I have said in the post you have quoted, I only know about one. I sent you a PM with the exact location.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Mar 2019, 10:06

Guys, nevermind me talking about the pathways where you do not require Town Portal to access other continents. I was wrong.

I just tried it, jumped into the dormant vulcano in MM8 at the very first island of Dagger Wound, the one filled with water with pirates almost constantly spawning around it, and it told me that "I feel a strange presence here", so the Town Portal spell is still needed.

Crud. I have no idea why I was so convinced that it worked like that.

@Rodril
Maybe you could add "ultra-secret" passageways in all the early locations (Dagger Wound Islands, New Sorpigal, Harmondale) that wouldn't require Town Portal; there is now quite a few of us that want to hop across the continents in little parts instead of finishing up one continent and starting another. As several people have said now, they want to do it like I would - finish up for example all the starting locations, then move on, etc.

Vetrinus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vetrinus » 17 Mar 2019, 13:16

Templayer wrote:Guys, nevermind me talking about the pathways where you do not require Town Portal to access other continents. I was wrong.

I just tried it, jumped into the dormant vulcano in MM8 at the very first island of Dagger Wound, the one filled with water with pirates almost constantly spawning around it, and it told me that "I feel a strange presence here", so the Town Portal spell is still needed.

@Rodril
Maybe you could add "ultra-secret" passageways in all the early locations (Dagger Wound Islands, New Sorpigal, Harmondale) that wouldn't require Town Portal; there is now quite a few of us that want to hop across the continents in little parts instead of finishing up one continent and starting another. As several people have said now, they want to do it like I would - finish up for example all the starting locations, then move on, etc.
That's why I was surprised when you said there is one...
While having spots that don't require Town Portal is neat, they would also make the ones that do require Town Portal pointless. Just a thought. :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Mar 2019, 15:46

Vetrinus wrote:
Templayer wrote:Guys, nevermind me talking about the pathways where you do not require Town Portal to access other continents. I was wrong.

@Rodril
That's why I was surprised when you said there is one...
While having spots that don't require Town Portal is neat, they would also make the ones that do require Town Portal pointless. Just a thought. :)
Not if they were "ultra-secret". That is why I have used that word. ;)

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 17 Mar 2019, 16:07

Existing secret spots are already feel like "ultra-secret", since people rarely find them. I think, i have to add hints. I'll keep town portal spell necessary, you don't need spellbook, even spell scroll will work.
[Spolier] All hidden spots: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjz4c4kppxxw9 ... s.png?dl=0

New MMPatch have been released today, i have not tested it myself yet, you can go ahead:
1. Install it in game folder, uncheck all flags during installation.
2. Reapply latest update to fix water textures.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Mar 2019, 18:56

Rodril wrote: [Spolier] All hidden spots: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjz4c4kppxxw9 ... s.png?dl=0
Spoiler: You do not require the Water Walk spell for the MM8 one. Just be prepared to take damage. :D (I tested it several days ago with a party fresh from the character creation, i.e. no water walking, and while drowning the game did give me the message. :D )

Also it looks like I will have to use the console to trigger the spots in order to play the Merge the way I (and a few other people here) want. Which is quite a bummer. But whatever.

For the fountain secret, does the water disappear? If it does, I see no reason why it couldn't let you travel randomly to the other ones by jumping into the empty fountain. For a hint - you could make a dimensional fissure graphic, doesn't have to be big, and make it appear at the bottom of the fountain after the water is gone. And one the hill lake. And make jumping in there also just straight randomly teleport you to the other spots. And on a door on the second floor of the laboratory, and make clicking it do the same thing. :hug: :S

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Mar 2019, 20:52

So I skimmed over the programming.

DO NOT READ further if you do not wish to know where the hidden dimension door places are (mapwise). Except for the three given by Rodril.

I wish there was a spoiler block like in pretty much every other forum I have ever been to. Anyway...

SPOILER!

Murmurwoods; Evenmorn; Dragonsand

If you wish to cast Town Portal without having the spell learned or a scroll (for example to play the starting locations in tandem), open up the console (CTRL+F1) and type in:
CastSpellScroll(31)
then mash CTRL+ENTER
(if you do that in the secret places, it will get transmuted into Dimension Door)

Or if you wish to cast the Dimension Door anywhere, type in:

Code: Select all

TownPortalControls.GenDimDoor()
	TownPortalControls.SwitchTo(4)
	Game.GlobalTxt[10] = " "
	ExitCurrentScreen(false, true)
	CastSpellDirect(31, 10, 4)
	Mouse.Item.Number = 0
	Timer(TownPortalControls.RevertTPSwitch, const.Minute, false)
then mash CTRL+ENTER

SPOILER END!

Added to the Tracker (one with the SPOILER prefix, other with CHEATS) inside Tutorials.

@Rodril -
The way you check for some of those is genius. (on tile sound event (which usually creates the stepping sound), check if in certain place, if yes, enable Town Portal transformation into Dimension Door!) :D :D :D
Last edited by Templayer on 17 Mar 2019, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”