Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Rodril
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 272
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Rodril » Jan 27 2019, 20:27

Xfing wrote:Yeah, it would only be accessible via a promotion on Enroth that dude that promotes priests normally. A priest that refuses to adhere to a specific path, so draws from both of them (but limited to Master) would be a cool idea IMO. You could make it so High Priests can still be promoted to any one path on Antagarich, but lose the opposing magic skill by doing that. If there is only one slot for adding a class, then this one would be perfect, since like I suggested, moving to the Dark Path could make someone just a Necromancer, after which they could freely be promoted to Liches for example.

I keep overthinking this, there are no limits for new classes, just there was one slot to add class in convenient way. Maybe you are right. I'm thinking about adding two classes - high priest and great wizard, both exclusive for Enroth, both will be able to learn dark and light at master level, as you suggested, they will be able to become priests of light/dark, archamges/dark archmages > liches. Still i'm not sure about master level, maybe limitation to expert will be better, i'm going to implement and test it.

EDIT:
jester wrote:Oh, and I've found one more bug: can't place a statuette at Kriegspire's pedestal

You must click pedestal with character who carrying statuette, please try again. I've completed this quest myself, if problem persist, send me your savegame.
Last edited by Rodril on Jan 27 2019, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Xfing
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Posts: 666
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Xfing » Jan 27 2019, 23:57

Rodril wrote:
Xfing wrote:Yeah, it would only be accessible via a promotion on Enroth that dude that promotes priests normally. A priest that refuses to adhere to a specific path, so draws from both of them (but limited to Master) would be a cool idea IMO. You could make it so High Priests can still be promoted to any one path on Antagarich, but lose the opposing magic skill by doing that. If there is only one slot for adding a class, then this one would be perfect, since like I suggested, moving to the Dark Path could make someone just a Necromancer, after which they could freely be promoted to Liches for example.

I keep overthinking this, there are no limits for new classes, just there was one slot to add class in convenient way. Maybe you are right. I'm thinking about adding two classes - high priest and great wizard, both exclusive for Enroth, both will be able to learn dark and light at master level, as you suggested, they will be able to become priests of light/dark, archamges/dark archmages > liches. Still i'm not sure about master level, maybe limitation to expert will be better, i'm going to implement and test it.


Characters wishing to stick only to Enroth will still be much less effective than they would be in MM6 due to the skill overhaul and introduction of GM skill levels. You won't have divine intervention, power cure, resurrection and many other very useful spells you had in MM6. For that reason I don't think it's worth the effort to throw pure MM6 players so many bones, since there are already plenty of things you can do only on particular continents.

I'd still be wary about taht "dark archmage" class, since it's not very much lore-friendly. The only sorts of people that use dark magic are necromancers and Enrothian archmages - but due to the Archmage being light-devoted later on, I'd just keep the middle class, and call them
"Master Wizards", who could still be promoted to a lich Taleshire/Wynac (if Dark is chosen on Antagarich), or Archmage by Thomas Grey if Light is chosen. Giving them Master in Light and Dark would make them very useful and versatile, since these magics don't require Grand to be of use, unlike the elemental and self schools.

Alternatively, you could even have them GM both Light and Dark, but at the cost of Wizard-like HP and mana stats. Excessive physical frailty and lower mana reserves at the cost of being able to get the best magic. That could still make them somewhat unbalanced, but having both these schools of magic is precisely something that requires tons of mana to cast from. But perhaps the "capped at Master" variant would be the better idea after all.
Last edited by Xfing on Jan 28 2019, 6:12, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
justl
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 128
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby justl » Jan 28 2019, 6:08

Rodril wrote:
jester wrote:Oh, and I've found one more bug: can't place a statuette at Kriegspire's pedestal

You must click pedestal with character who carrying statuette, please try again. I've completed this quest myself, if problem persist, send me your savegame.


sometimes clicking hasnt worked in mm6 (was always a bug somehow, through original version)
try standing in front of the pedestal and hit space-key

User avatar
Templayer
Golem
Golem
Posts: 649
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Templayer » Jan 28 2019, 6:14

Rodril wrote:Have you downloaded latest patch or using old one? I've just tried to apply newest patch to my copy and it did not cause anything.
Also latest patch already applied to main files.

I have downloaded and applied the patch yesterday. When did you apply the patch to the main files?

I'm a bit flabbergasted at this point.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

jester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby jester » Jan 28 2019, 20:07

Rodril wrote:You must click pedestal with character who carrying statuette, please try again. I've completed this quest myself, if problem persist, send me your savegame.

Now I understand what's happening. I have a Tiger statuette in my inventory after completing four pedestals, but I need a Bear for Kriegspire's pedestal. I think, it's rare personal bug.

By the way, I've finished the game, thank you for wonderful mod!

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 31
Joined: 03 Mar 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Milky1988 » Jan 28 2019, 23:49

Flabbergasted is a fantastic word. I don't hear it enough.

User avatar
Templayer
Golem
Golem
Posts: 649
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Templayer » Jan 29 2019, 16:54

Milky1988 wrote:Flabbergasted is a fantastic word. I don't hear it enough.

That's what I got from watching Kikoskia on Youtube for TEN YEARS. :D

Also the dictionaries that Firefox uses for typo underlining recognize that word fully, without any modification.
Yay.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

tm317
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Jan 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby tm317 » Jan 30 2019, 2:30

Hey guys.
Is there a place to train Expert/Master Alchemy in MM6 merged?
I don't think they had the skill in MM6 so not sure where to go.

User avatar
Anubis
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 214
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Location: Canada

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Anubis » Jan 30 2019, 5:48

I think Diplomacy trainers in MM6 were replaced with Alchemy trainers. Don't quote me on this though. I could be wrong.
Last edited by Anubis on Jan 30 2019, 5:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Xfing
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Posts: 666
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Xfing » Jan 30 2019, 7:24

Speaking of alchemy - not sure if this idea has been suggested as of yet, but perhaps there would be some room to implement the MM6 potions in the MM7/8 system. I'm thinking White potion level specifically. All those potions adding 15 points to a stat and subtracting 5 from another could be reintroduced as white potions. Also, the simple "Energy" potion from MM6 that gave you +10 to all the stats could be translated to a "Divine Boost" black potion that combines the effects of all the white potions such as Might Boost, Accuracy Boost etc. Same would go for a black "all resists" potion that would combine the effects of all the white resistance potions etc etc.

I like brainstorming like this, so I could maybe come up with and put forward a concrete proposed system of potion recipes for effects found on MM6 potions, while also keeping all currently existing recipes intact. I would go through every potion from MM6 and see if bringing them to mm8 is warranted, and propose concrete recipes for them. I might even do it this evening :D ^^
Last edited by Xfing on Jan 30 2019, 7:26, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 272
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Rodril » Jan 30 2019, 11:30

Hello, patch link have been updated. Changes:
1. High priest and Master wizard classes have been added. Both are able to master dark and light magic. These classes replace Enrothian Archmage and Priest of Light promotions.
2. Random hirelings won't disappear by their own anymore, only way to get rid of them - manually dismiss in Adventurer's Inn.
3. Adventurer's Inn added into The Breach.
4. Main character now dismissable too from Adventurer's Inn screen, but can not be dismissed forever.
5. Outdoor NPC hirelings will be refilled each month instead of map's refill rate.
6. Skill bonus limit removed. Skill cap stays at 60, but items can raise skill level further.
7. Now taverns at Antagarich require your own card deck to play Arcomage.

Xfing wrote:Speaking of alchemy - not sure if this idea has been suggested as of yet, but perhaps there would be some room to implement the MM6 potions in the MM7/8 system.

I think it is good idea, there are no limits in adding new potions.
Anubis wrote:I think Diplomacy trainers in MM6 were replaced with Alchemy trainers. Don't quote me on this though. I could be wrong.

Yes. But if you use localization topics may stay named "Diplomacy".
Templayer wrote:I have downloaded and applied the patch yesterday. When did you apply the patch to the main files?

Before posting update note.

These bugs have been fixed, thank you for reporting:

Code: Select all

Reported by Strobe:
- Hirelings don't take gold/percentage
- Citizens are not changing randomly through reloading the saved game, or travel (spending some time)
- About Arcomage deck: the player shouldn't get a deck before the mm7 quest, or as an alternative, it could be buyable in some inn's in all over the 3 continent
- Starting kit should be more randomized imo

reported by: Xfing » Nov 6 2018, 6:25
- Make the 1st char in party dismissable too, as long as it's not the last character you have. That way you could rotate entire parties throughout your adventure if you so desire.

reported by: spawnsen » Nov 7 2018, 0:09 & Daedros » Nov 7 2018, 1:59
spawnsen: Apparently something around +38 is the max boni you can get off items before they turn negative! My Lich has 3 items which give a total bonus of 38 on Dark Magic. If I want to add another artifact/relic which boosts dark magic, the bonus "flips" and becomes -17. The same happens with my Priest: Here the bonus changes from +26 to -25. This isnt just a display error either. My dragons breath now hits for 1 dmg with Dark Magic 26 (-25). I couldnt test yet if this happens with other skills as well.
Daedros: Gear that increases your Magic skills, give +50% of your current skill. 10 Dark skill becomes 15 when wearing an item "of the Dark". 40 skill becomes 60 when wearing such an item. All skills max out at 60, trying to go over that with gear gives the negative skill bug. The effects of these items stack. A Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing a single "of the Dark" item goes up to 45 skill. That same Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing two pieces "of the Dark", goes up to 60 Dark Magic skill, the max. Wearing a third item "of the Dark", would take that Lich over into the negatives.

reported by: by spawnsen » Nov 8 2018, 15:22
Suggestion: Can we track the Inns where the game of ArcoMage has been won already? Might and Magic 8 did this IIRC but now it just lists the total wins and losses. It gets really hard to track manually where you have already won, especially if you play on jadame and anatagarich simultaneously.
Note from tracker guy: Since this was a vanilla MM8 feature, I'm considering the absence a possible glitch. (Rodril will know more, of course)
-- Wins tracked in Autonotes in "Misc" section, before merge they were tracked in awards, but there is not enough space to keep arcomage wins now.

reported by: Vetrinus » Nov 9 2018, 5:25
if I remember correctly regarding MM8, the sky in Dagger Wound is supposed to clear up and the volcano is supposed to stop erupting when you beat that game. I have beat MM8 long ago but so far this has not happened.
-- No it did not happen, i have not noticed any according code in game engine for now.

Reported by: Xfing » Nov 19 2018, 21:08
Teachers do now say you need to be promoted to learn a skill level, but they don't acknowledge branched Light/Dark promotions. For example, Torrent only tells my sorc that she needs to be promoted to Arch Mage to learn GM water, instead of Arch Mage/ Lich. :D

Reported by: panjaster » Dec 30 2018, 20:46
I found a bug in "Shadow guild" dungeon in Frozen highlands - there should be trap where you should fall down the floor to the room with spikes, however once you walk over it and nothing happens and return there, you actually can't fall or even go there, like it was an invisible wall blocking you to go to the trap. Because of this, you are just done as you can open escape route only from the hole with spikes I guess.

Reported by: by qtish » Jan 6 2019, 11:11
Missing images on characters on these items: Sun Cloak, Moon Cloak, Hermes Boots.
Response: WHERE have you found those?
Response to the response: By abuse top monsters drop. I got artifacts like Hermes, Cronos, Aphrodite and so... I even got Hands of the Master and Mordred from stalt-laced ores.
Getting an error, when equipping Supreme Plate on my knight.
Learning skill - I have tested different percentage of learning under different conditions and can confirm, that values are wrong. Killing a monster under circumstances where I should receive 350% exp, was getting somewhere in range of 240%. I have 3 instructors, which give +45 to learning, and put learning to 18 points, meaning its 18+45=63. In skill it shows bonus +45. If I put another point to learning, making it +19, skill bonus shows -19, and overall exp gained drops significantly

Reported by: several people, myself included
from the thread: (wetsuits) They were made equippable again in one of the latest updates. They now require the leather skill to wear and benefit from it in terms of protection. Maybe Cauri didn't have the leather skill. If she did and still couldn't wear the wetsuit, it would be a bug. (that is for Cauri not being able to wear a wetsuit)
Templayer: Can the first character be dismissed? Because otherwise if you make a dragon by using my unlocker as a first character, then you are basically soft-locking the progress of the story of For Blood and Honor campaign.
Xfing: Nope. I mentioned this very issue a few pages back, not being able to dismiss the first char is a bit problematic here indeed.
Milky1988: So.... As a dragon as my main character....MM7 ending....how...o.o
Templayer: Until Rodril fixes it, you're are softlocked. A fix would be simple in principle - make every character dismissable, and only the last character left in your party starts acting the way the first character works now.
-- First character can now be dismissed, also not necessary to wear wetsuit, enough to have it in inventory.

User avatar
Xfing
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Posts: 666
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Xfing » Jan 30 2019, 13:32

Beautiful! Thanks for the update, Rodril! This one includes some really cool features. I'll sit down and brainstorm for some potion recipes and effects so I have something to propose.

BTW, are you planning on making some of the apparel tiering changes anytime soon? Most pieces are not repainted yet, sure, but you could easily do rings, amulets and gauntlets since these are all available in the game and require no repaints.

EDIT: Also a minor bug report:
-The Arcomage Championship chest in Erathia restocks with Jadamean artifacts and relics after the area respawns. I believe it shouldn't, since it's a way too cheap way to get more artifacts and relics.
- Building names in Balthazar Lair don't display for all the buildings
- If you have a character in your party with the same model as one you encounter in a training hall, the one in the training hall will not have a "Join" line available
- Final promotion Priest class HP should be reduced, as as they are now, they rival Dark Elves and Vampires from MM8 in HP, while they're supposed to be more frail. Perhaps the final Priest promotion should come with no HP bonus at all, only mana bonus?
- While potion recipes appear to be sellable now (alchemy shopkeepers suggest they'll buy them and give their price), clicking on them still doesn't sell them and makes the player trying to do so do the "fail" face. This is probably quite easy to fix. BTW, while you're at it - think you could make potion recipes appear in actual loot, and not only be buyable from alchemists? This would make them a new and interesting class of treasure, as well as strengthen immersion and give players a potential new way to more organically learn potion recipes. They could be found unidentified and require a certain number of ID item points to identify, or be identified at a fee at an alchemist shop.
- The Shadowspire alchemist no longer says "Welcome to my laboratory" when entering his store. Not sure about others, this is one I saw. Makes me thing that maybe the Balthazar Lair alchemist was originally intended to have spoken lines too?

Suggestion: I think that with the High Priest/Master Wizard classes now avaialble, the path changing mechanic with masters of Light/Dark on Enroth is redundant. I'd remove it personally - especially since getting both Light and Dark magic is going to be quite easy now on Enroth anyway. This would let us remove the Dark Arch Mage class which is both redundant with the Lich, and questionable from a lore perspective. Master Wizards could instead, if they so wish, be promoted either to Archmages or Liches like normal Wizards on Antagarich (depending on the path the party chooses there), which would use the same mechanic of erasing their Dark or Light skill entirely if done. They could also be treated as regular necromancers by Taleshire and then Lathean on Jadame, getting promoted to Lich if they provide a Lich Jar, without needing to do the regular Wizard>Necromancer promotion by Lathean first. Of course once promoted that way, they would also lose Light Magic entirely. What do you think about such a solution?

Suggestion 2: If the Light path is chosen on Antagarich, make the Warlock quest inaccessible for lore reasons, as in: if completed, Light path Druids will still only get Honorary Warlock, not real Warlock. The familiar also shouldn't provide the magic bonus and spell regeneration that it does for actual Warlocks either. This is a big change, but my idea would be:
- Display the regular lines Tor Anwyn says when a Light path party approaches him for promotion.
- But upon doing so, make another quest option pop up, call it just "Quest" or "Dragon Familiar"
- Upon clicking it, Tor Anwyn will start "Then again..." and say that while you cannot become warlocks, you can still get a pet baby dragon if you do it for him - while it won't be a legit familiar, he'll still throw in a Honorary Warlock title for the effort. (I can write the necessary dialogue lines for you if you wish).
- You could then make the baby dragon an NPC hireling much like the vanilla dragon familiar is, but without the bonuses that one provides (this would probably require creating a separate NPC actor)
- After some conditions are met - maybe a time condition of like 3 months passing in-game + the familiar being fed 100 food, it could gain a dialogue option enabling it to change into a Level 1 red dragon player character that could then take up an empty slot in your party. I'm not sure what solution you are using now, as I haven't explored it yet, but perhaps they could be reconciled?
Last edited by Xfing on Jan 30 2019, 15:58, edited 7 times in total.

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Apr 2008

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Dess » Jan 30 2019, 15:41

Is there a way to add armsmaster trainers in Enroth somewhere? Similar to how Diplomacy got replaced by alchemy. The same is true to a lesser extent when it comes to ID monster, but it doesnt have as much impact on the viability of a class the way armsmaster is for knights. Maybe the Berserkers fury or Buccaneers, since most skills are learned from shops and temples instead.

Also reading this thread I see references to a place called The Breach, is that a new area added by the Merge quest?

User avatar
justl
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 128
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby justl » Jan 30 2019, 17:11

Xfing wrote:- After some conditions are met - maybe a time condition of like 3 months passing in-game + the familiar being fed 100 food, it could gain a dialogue option enabling it to change into a Level 1 red dragon player character that could then take up an empty slot in your party. I'm not sure what solution you are using now, as I haven't explored it yet, but perhaps they could be reconciled?


as the "baby-dragon-quest" is fairly late in mm7, imho it probably wouldnt have a place in an already high-level party.
but maybe it could be like a high level hireling and give bonuses as alternative

User avatar
Templayer
Golem
Golem
Posts: 649
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Templayer » Jan 30 2019, 18:18

jester wrote:
Rodril wrote:You must click pedestal with character who carrying statuette, please try again. I've completed this quest myself, if problem persist, send me your savegame.

Now I understand what's happening. I have a Tiger statuette in my inventory after completing four pedestals, but I need a Bear for Kriegspire's pedestal. I think, it's rare personal bug.

By the way, I've finished the game, thank you for wonderful mod!

... removed from the bug tracker. :D

Rodril wrote:Hello, patch link have been updated. Changes:
1. High priest and Master wizard classes have been added. Both are able to master dark and light magic. These classes replace Enrothian Archmage and Priest of Light promotions.
2. Random hirelings won't disappear by their own anymore, only way to get rid of them - manually dismiss in Adventurer's Inn.
3. Adventurer's Inn added into The Breach.
4. Main character now dismissable too from Adventurer's Inn screen, but can not be dismissed forever.
5. Outdoor NPC hirelings will be refilled each month instead of map's refill rate.
6. Skill bonus limit removed. Skill cap stays at 60, but items can raise skill level further.
7. Now taverns at Antagarich require your own card deck to play Arcomage.

Xfing wrote:Speaking of alchemy - not sure if this idea has been suggested as of yet, but perhaps there would be some room to implement the MM6 potions in the MM7/8 system.

I think it is good idea, there are no limits in adding new potions.
Anubis wrote:I think Diplomacy trainers in MM6 were replaced with Alchemy trainers. Don't quote me on this though. I could be wrong.

Yes. But if you use localization topics may stay named "Diplomacy".
Templayer wrote:I have downloaded and applied the patch yesterday. When did you apply the patch to the main files?

Before posting update note.

These bugs have been fixed, thank you for reporting:

Code: Select all

Reported by Strobe:
- Hirelings don't take gold/percentage
- Citizens are not changing randomly through reloading the saved game, or travel (spending some time)
- About Arcomage deck: the player shouldn't get a deck before the mm7 quest, or as an alternative, it could be buyable in some inn's in all over the 3 continent
- Starting kit should be more randomized imo

reported by: Xfing » Nov 6 2018, 6:25
- Make the 1st char in party dismissable too, as long as it's not the last character you have. That way you could rotate entire parties throughout your adventure if you so desire.

reported by: spawnsen » Nov 7 2018, 0:09 & Daedros » Nov 7 2018, 1:59
spawnsen: Apparently something around +38 is the max boni you can get off items before they turn negative! My Lich has 3 items which give a total bonus of 38 on Dark Magic. If I want to add another artifact/relic which boosts dark magic, the bonus "flips" and becomes -17. The same happens with my Priest: Here the bonus changes from +26 to -25. This isnt just a display error either. My dragons breath now hits for 1 dmg with Dark Magic 26 (-25). I couldnt test yet if this happens with other skills as well.
Daedros: Gear that increases your Magic skills, give +50% of your current skill. 10 Dark skill becomes 15 when wearing an item "of the Dark". 40 skill becomes 60 when wearing such an item. All skills max out at 60, trying to go over that with gear gives the negative skill bug. The effects of these items stack. A Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing a single "of the Dark" item goes up to 45 skill. That same Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing two pieces "of the Dark", goes up to 60 Dark Magic skill, the max. Wearing a third item "of the Dark", would take that Lich over into the negatives.

reported by: by spawnsen » Nov 8 2018, 15:22
Suggestion: Can we track the Inns where the game of ArcoMage has been won already? Might and Magic 8 did this IIRC but now it just lists the total wins and losses. It gets really hard to track manually where you have already won, especially if you play on jadame and anatagarich simultaneously.
Note from tracker guy: Since this was a vanilla MM8 feature, I'm considering the absence a possible glitch. (Rodril will know more, of course)
-- Wins tracked in Autonotes in "Misc" section, before merge they were tracked in awards, but there is not enough space to keep arcomage wins now.

reported by: Vetrinus » Nov 9 2018, 5:25
if I remember correctly regarding MM8, the sky in Dagger Wound is supposed to clear up and the volcano is supposed to stop erupting when you beat that game. I have beat MM8 long ago but so far this has not happened.
-- No it did not happen, i have not noticed any according code in game engine for now.

Reported by: Xfing » Nov 19 2018, 21:08
Teachers do now say you need to be promoted to learn a skill level, but they don't acknowledge branched Light/Dark promotions. For example, Torrent only tells my sorc that she needs to be promoted to Arch Mage to learn GM water, instead of Arch Mage/ Lich. :D

Reported by: panjaster » Dec 30 2018, 20:46
I found a bug in "Shadow guild" dungeon in Frozen highlands - there should be trap where you should fall down the floor to the room with spikes, however once you walk over it and nothing happens and return there, you actually can't fall or even go there, like it was an invisible wall blocking you to go to the trap. Because of this, you are just done as you can open escape route only from the hole with spikes I guess.

Reported by: by qtish » Jan 6 2019, 11:11
Missing images on characters on these items: Sun Cloak, Moon Cloak, Hermes Boots.
Response: WHERE have you found those?
Response to the response: By abuse top monsters drop. I got artifacts like Hermes, Cronos, Aphrodite and so... I even got Hands of the Master and Mordred from stalt-laced ores.
Getting an error, when equipping Supreme Plate on my knight.
Learning skill - I have tested different percentage of learning under different conditions and can confirm, that values are wrong. Killing a monster under circumstances where I should receive 350% exp, was getting somewhere in range of 240%. I have 3 instructors, which give +45 to learning, and put learning to 18 points, meaning its 18+45=63. In skill it shows bonus +45. If I put another point to learning, making it +19, skill bonus shows -19, and overall exp gained drops significantly

Reported by: several people, myself included
from the thread: (wetsuits) They were made equippable again in one of the latest updates. They now require the leather skill to wear and benefit from it in terms of protection. Maybe Cauri didn't have the leather skill. If she did and still couldn't wear the wetsuit, it would be a bug. (that is for Cauri not being able to wear a wetsuit)
Templayer: Can the first character be dismissed? Because otherwise if you make a dragon by using my unlocker as a first character, then you are basically soft-locking the progress of the story of For Blood and Honor campaign.
Xfing: Nope. I mentioned this very issue a few pages back, not being able to dismiss the first char is a bit problematic here indeed.
Milky1988: So.... As a dragon as my main character....MM7 ending....how...o.o
Templayer: Until Rodril fixes it, you're are softlocked. A fix would be simple in principle - make every character dismissable, and only the last character left in your party starts acting the way the first character works now.
-- First character can now be dismissed, also not necessary to wear wetsuit, enough to have it in inventory.

YAAAY! Also removed a LOT of bugs from the tracker. Screw them. Seriously, the amount of bugs you fix in a week is more than some AAA devs do in a half a year. It's almost hilarious and absurd (what one competent man can do in comparison to a team of ... <self-censorship>).

Xfing wrote:EDIT: Also a minor bug report:
-The Arcomage Championship chest in Erathia restocks with Jadamean artifacts and relics after the area respawns. I believe it shouldn't, since it's a way too cheap way to get more artifacts and relics.
- Building names in Balthazar Lair don't display for all the buildings
- If you have a character in your party with the same model as one you encounter in a training hall, the one in the training hall will not have a "Join" line available
- Final promotion Priest class HP should be reduced, as as they are now, they rival Dark Elves and Vampires from MM8 in HP, while they're supposed to be more frail. Perhaps the final Priest promotion should come with no HP bonus at all, only mana bonus?
- While potion recipes appear to be sellable now (alchemy shopkeepers suggest they'll buy them and give their price), clicking on them still doesn't sell them and makes the player trying to do so do the "fail" face. This is probably quite easy to fix. BTW, while you're at it - think you could make potion recipes appear in actual loot, and not only be buyable from alchemists? This would make them a new and interesting class of treasure, as well as strengthen immersion and give players a potential new way to more organically learn potion recipes. They could be found unidentified and require a certain number of ID item points to identify, or be identified at a fee at an alchemist shop.
- The Shadowspire alchemist no longer says "Welcome to my laboratory" when entering his store. Not sure about others, this is one I saw. Makes me thing that maybe the Balthazar Lair alchemist was originally intended to have spoken lines too?

Added to the bug report. }:-)

Dess wrote:Also reading this thread I see references to a place called The Breach, is that a new area added by the Merge quest?

Yes. Echo and Rodril made additional areas / quests.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Xfing
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Posts: 666
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Xfing » Jan 30 2019, 19:38

Ok, so after a few hours of thinking, I've come up with a list of exciting new potions that could add some spice to the game, while improving and rounding off the potion variety and reintroducing all the functionalities from the MM6 potion system. The sole exception is the potion that adds flat armor class, because it's redundant with the Stoneskin potion, which ironically is also available in MM6. This is one thing they didn't think over. Otherwise though, reading the list myself makes me really excited! It's going to make even Master alchemists much more handy to have, while GMs (Druids) are going to become really wanted for potion brewing skills, and thus more valuable.

Features:
- 18 new potions, most of which with multiple brewing formulae - much like the Swift/Flaming/Shocking/Noxious potion or Rejuvenation from vanilla, but with even more variations. For veteran alchemists only!
- 53 new brewing formulae, 24 of which make use of the newly introduced potions
- No existing potion recipes affected - these new ones would only replace "dead end" mixes which now always result in explosions
- 8 new White potions giving unprecedented usefulness to Master-restricted alchemists
- Some formulae are "symmetric" (based on calculated reagent quotas, and therefore easy to deduce), while others quite haphazard. Again, for veteran alchemists only!
- Suggested potion recipe text for recipes for these new potions, to help you with the above point. These will include useful hints for all those multi-formula potions.

The potions themselves:
Divine Boost (black) - Temporarily increases all seven stats based on potion strength
Divine Protection (black) - Temporarily increases Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Mind and Body resistances based on potion strength
Divine Elevation (black) - Raises the character's level by 20 for a duration dependent on potion strength
Essence of Might (white) - Permanently raises Might by 15 while reducing Intellect by 5, single-use
Essence of Intellect (white) - Permanently raises Intellect by 15 while reducing Might by 5, single-use
Essence of Personality (white) - Permanently raises Personality by 15 while reducing Speed by 5, single-use
Essence of Endurance (white) - Permanently raises Endurance by 15 while reducing all other stats by 1, single-use
Essence of Accuracy (white) - Permanently raises Accuracy by 15 while reducing Luck by 5, single-use
Essence of Speed (white) - Permanently raises Speed by 15 while reducing Personality by 5, single-use
Essence of Luck (white) - Permanently raises Luck by 15 while reducing Accuracy by 5, single-use
Potion of the Gods (black) - Permanently raises all seven stats by 20 at the cost of 10 years of magical aging, single-use
Potion of Doom (white) - Permanently adds 1 to all seven stats, HP, SP, AC and resistances at the cost of 5 years of magical aging
Pure Fire Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Fire Resistance, single-use
Pure Air Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Air Resistance, single-use
Pure Water Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Water Resistance, single-use
Pure Earth Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Earth Resistance, single-use
Pure Mind Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Mind Resistance, single-use
Pure Body Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Body Resistance, single-use

The only thing I haven't taken into account are "reduction" recipes, such as for example when you mix a Haste (Orange + Red) with a plain Red potion, there are 3 red parts to one yellow, and thus the result is a completely Red potion again. I saw that mixing some layereds with each other also reduces them to a plain yellow potion, mixing some other potions reduces them to catalysts etc. I don't know if these formulae are hardcoded like the ones for the higher-tier potions, or just calculated based on the relationships between the number of any given color of reagents. It seems that black potions rarely "reduce" to simpler ones and almost always blow you up when you try mixing them, but some white ones potentially have this effect. I cannot tell whether this will need to be coded for when the new potions are introduced, or the game has its own mechanics to deal with it.

But other than that it looks rather OK in my opinion. I hope Rodril likes it, and all of you as well :D

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yijcwwjztwwyk ... .docx?dl=0

User avatar
Templayer
Golem
Golem
Posts: 649
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Templayer » Jan 30 2019, 20:19

Xfing wrote:Ok, so after a few hours of thinking, I've come up with a list of exciting new potions that could add some spice to the game, while improving and rounding off the potion variety and reintroducing all the functionalities from the MM6 potion system. The sole exception is the potion that adds flat armor class, because it's redundant with the Stoneskin potion, which ironically is also available in MM6. This is one thing they didn't think over. Otherwise though, reading the list myself makes me really excited! It's going to make even Master alchemists much more handy to have, while GMs (Druids) are going to become really wanted for potion brewing skills, and thus more valuable.

Features:
- 18 new potions, most of which with multiple brewing formulae - much like the Swift/Flaming/Shocking/Noxious potion or Rejuvenation from vanilla, but with even more variations. For veteran alchemists only!
- 53 new brewing formulae, 24 of which make use of the newly introduced potions
- No existing potion recipes affected - these new ones would only replace "dead end" mixes which now always result in explosions
- 8 new White potions giving unprecedented usefulness to Master-restricted alchemists
- Some formulae are "symmetric" (based on calculated reagent quotas, and therefore easy to deduce), while others quite haphazard. Again, for veteran alchemists only!
- Suggested potion recipe text for recipes for these new potions, to help you with the above point. These will include useful hints for all those multi-formula potions.

The potions themselves:
Divine Boost (black) - Temporarily increases all seven stats based on potion strength
Divine Protection (black) - Temporarily increases Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Mind and Body resistances based on potion strength
Divine Elevation (black) - Raises the character's level by 20 for a duration dependent on potion strength
Essence of Might (white) - Permanently raises Might by 15 while reducing Intellect by 5, single-use
Essence of Intellect (white) - Permanently raises Intellect by 15 while reducing Might by 5, single-use
Essence of Personality (white) - Permanently raises Personality by 15 while reducing Speed by 5, single-use
Essence of Endurance (white) - Permanently raises Endurance by 15 while reducing all other stats by 1, single-use
Essence of Accuracy (white) - Permanently raises Accuracy by 15 while reducing Luck by 5, single-use
Essence of Speed (white) - Permanently raises Speed by 15 while reducing Personality by 5, single-use
Essence of Luck (white) - Permanently raises Luck by 15 while reducing Accuracy by 5, single-use
Potion of the Gods (black) - Permanently raises all seven stats by 20 at the cost of 10 years of magical aging, single-use
Potion of Doom (white) - Permanently adds 1 to all seven stats, HP, SP, AC and resistances at the cost of 5 years of magical aging
Pure Fire Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Fire Resistance, single-use
Pure Air Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Air Resistance, single-use
Pure Water Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Water Resistance, single-use
Pure Earth Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Earth Resistance, single-use
Pure Mind Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Mind Resistance, single-use
Pure Body Resistance (black) - Permanently adds 40 to Body Resistance, single-use

The only thing I haven't taken into account are "reduction" recipes, such as for example when you mix a Haste (Orange + Red) with a plain Red potion, there are 3 red parts to one yellow, and thus the result is a completely Red potion again. I saw that mixing some layereds with each other also reduces them to a plain yellow potion, mixing some other potions reduces them to catalysts etc. I don't know if these formulae are hardcoded like the ones for the higher-tier potions, or just calculated based on the relationships between the number of any given color of reagents. It seems that black potions rarely "reduce" to simpler ones and almost always blow you up when you try mixing them, but some white ones potentially have this effect. I cannot tell whether this will need to be coded for when the new potions are introduced, or the game has its own mechanics to deal with it.

But other than that it looks rather OK in my opinion. I hope Rodril likes it, and all of you as well :D

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yijcwwjztwwyk ... .docx?dl=0

Nice. I would vote to rename the Divine Elevation to Divine Transcendence though.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Apr 2008

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Dess » Jan 30 2019, 21:21

Yes. Echo and Rodril made additional areas / quests.


Ah I see, are there any in game hints to get there? I finished the Enroth world and have started both Erathia and Jadame, plus finished making hte telelocator rod, but after I finished that it seems no more quests will pop up from Verdant.

User avatar
Xfing
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Lord of the High-Slung Bottoms of Zob
Posts: 666
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Xfing » Jan 30 2019, 23:58

BTW, @Rodril - if you get around to implementing my potion ideas, check out this guy's guide:
https://www.gamesradar.com/cheats/7800/

He reverse-engineered the entire system and deduced what needs to be done to get lower potions for every combination. The new potions will be using formulae that right now lead to explosions, but it does appear that the other formulae were hardcoded too. I believe you should be able to get all of them from the game files now that we know that, and build similar formulas for the new potions in a similar fashion, if needed. Since pretty much all of the new potions are much more complex than the existing ones, maybe they should always explode when attempting to mix them outside of set recipes? Dunno, really.

Also, I agree with Templayer - Divine Transcendence sounds great.
Last edited by Xfing on Jan 31 2019, 7:33, edited 2 times in total.

Rodril
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 272
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Postby Rodril » Jan 31 2019, 8:22

Dess wrote:Ah I see, are there any in game hints to get there? I finished the Enroth world and have started both Erathia and Jadame, plus finished making hte telelocator rod, but after I finished that it seems no more quests will pop up from Verdant.

She will talk with you after finishing all of three continent stories, also you can contact her with connector gem.

@Xfing
Ideas about potions are great. One note, what if we'll make "Essense of <stat>" potions able to be used multiple times but will change their effect to subtract equal amount of stat that it adds, for example: Essence of might: +15 might, -15 intellect - any amount of drinks.

About Master wizard and High priest. I want to keep things as they are now (npcs that allow to choose/change your path). Master wizard can grandmaster all spell schools, and personally i am would not prefer to promote him anymore, while promoters to Archmage promote whole party at once, and even if i click promotion topic of Gavin Magnus to promote someone else, i'll loose my Master Wizard as well. Consider Dark Archmage as subclass, maybe i should rename him to Master Necromancer, because he can grandmaster all elemental spell schools + dark magic, he will be able to become lich usual way.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CLS94 and 10 guests