Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Vetrinus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Vetrinus » 24 Nov 2018, 04:45

I just found out that Clanker's Lab has opening hours from 6am to 6pm... that ain't right... right?
Also, the last chest in The Maze's tunnel section no longer opens for some reason.
Last edited by Vetrinus on 24 Nov 2018, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 24 Nov 2018, 11:04

Xfing wrote:This could be remedied by:

a) short term: reintroducing monsters cut from the games except for vestigial appearances like the arena, particularly Manticores from MM7 or weak regnan arbalesters from MM8, just to name a few examples. (not really ranged, but I've also mentioned how MM8 is completely devoid of classes 1 and 3 of dark elven warriors and minotaur warriors).
b) long term: supplement areas that could use some distance mobs with mobs fitting the theme from one of the other two games. This could bring the games even closer together and make the merge more total.
Also seconded. :D
Restoring cut content like the Manticores would be a blessing. Also replacing their arrow projectiles with some poisonous barb or something like that...
Vetrinus wrote:I just found out that Clanker's Lab has opening hours from 6am to 6pm... that ain't right... right?
Also, the last chest in The Maze's tunnel section no longer opens for some reason.
Added to the bug tracker.
Last edited by Templayer on 24 Nov 2018, 11:08, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 24 Nov 2018, 13:37

Templayer wrote: Also seconded. :D
Restoring cut content like the Manticores would be a blessing. Also replacing their arrow projectiles with some poisonous barb or something like that...
A non-spell green projectile would be fine I guess. Like some of the projectiles fired by certain monsters (pirate mages, liches, beholders), only green so as to indicate poison. A simple enough change probably.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 24 Nov 2018, 14:42

Xfing wrote:
Templayer wrote: Also seconded. :D
A non-spell green projectile would be fine I guess. Like some of the projectiles fired by certain monsters (pirate mages, liches, beholders), only green so as to indicate poison. A simple enough change probably.
But we can do so much more, Xfing! We can make an unique projectile! THE DARK SIDE HAS COOKIES!

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 24 Nov 2018, 17:42

Personally I'm content with minimalist solutions but hey, we don't really know what's gonna happen, right? :D

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 24 Nov 2018, 18:26

I also second that. :)
keksua wrote: Basically, my whole point is if we have a beautiful merge, it would be great to merge the strongest parts of all parts:
in mm6 it's balance:
- Monsters are strong, there's very few in whole game you can safely clear very few locations due to monsters magic.
- trading is not op so you always low on money until you buy all the spells you want( and complete light or dark char spellbook cost like a castle)
- magic is balanced: you have to use combat spells through all the game because there's always a ton of strong monsters and you have to use AOE until they come close and then targeting monsters to kill them faster and dark is not so op( it is as strong as in 7-8 but cost twice high for mana, so even in late game in VARN or castles you must think doest it worth 100 mana for dragon breath or use fireballs or inferno, and toxic cloud for 50 is not the best single target option, sometimes it's better to use acie burst ect. ect. in mm7- you use fireball in low lvl and other combat magic just have no usage, cause light party have way more dmg with weapons and dark magic is superior in every way)
also in mm6 you can live without light magic and if you decide so- you need to put skillpoints in ego masteries and you can cast day of gods wow! in mm7-8 i don't know any usage of mind magic.. maybe enslave just for fun.. loosing 55 skill points for gm in ming is less fun though..
- energy damage that kick your ass despite how strong you are(i miss it)

mm7 has way better roleplay, im mm6 creators wanted to make complicated rep system(i guess the plan was not to allow to be master in dark and light) and it wasn't good enough.
- most unused spells from mm6 was changed to good stuff.
- class skills restrictions( we're already have it in merge cause of mm8 engine)
- allies (also have)

mm8 have interesting mercenary system, broken but interesting. and i lowe the way it is made in merge. and races.
and a nice interface and engine that allows this beautiful merge.

so in the end in merge we have all the benefits of 7 and 8 part but no benefits of 6, in fact some of benefits of 6 are gone now..
Last edited by unknownone on 24 Nov 2018, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Trissle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trissle » 25 Nov 2018, 01:54

Hi, so I have a few questions, and I truly apologize if they could have been answered by reading through more of the thread, but I seem to be having issues finding the answer. So first off, when starting the game in Jadame (mm8), I noticed Fredrick Talimere (cleric) does not have the light magic skill by default. I then went to the Murmurwoods to see if I could learn the skill at the Light magic guild there, but no luck, no option to learn it. Is there something I'm missing/doing wrong? The other thing I wondered about was about the fly spell. As far as I can tell, the shop that would normally sell it in mm8 does not stock Fly at all. Just curious if there is something I'm missing, I can live without fly for awhile, but not having light magic is making my cleric not so useful. Thanks very much in advance, really enjoying this mod so far. Great work :D

StoneM
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby StoneM » 25 Nov 2018, 07:07

Hello all.
Maybe someone can help me. In the game I have unreadable text in different places.
Please, see the screenshots:
http://prntscr.com/lmniwo
http://prntscr.com/lmnj5y

Normal text:
http://prntscr.com/lmnj9g

System info: Windows 10 Pro x64 , ENG localization.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Nov 2018, 09:12

Trissle wrote:Hi, so I have a few questions, and I truly apologize if they could have been answered by reading through more of the thread, but I seem to be having issues finding the answer. So first off, when starting the game in Jadame (mm8), I noticed Fredrick Talimere (cleric) does not have the light magic skill by default. I then went to the Murmurwoods to see if I could learn the skill at the Light magic guild there, but no luck, no option to learn it. Is there something I'm missing/doing wrong? The other thing I wondered about was about the fly spell. As far as I can tell, the shop that would normally sell it in mm8 does not stock Fly at all. Just curious if there is something I'm missing, I can live without fly for awhile, but not having light magic is making my cleric not so useful. Thanks very much in advance, really enjoying this mod so far. Great work :D
The classes have been rebalanced and recombined with MM6 and MM7, and promoting him is easy enough. I do not know where you can be taught light magic though, probably the guild of light?
The Fly is now only available on the restored magic guild on Regna, which was originally cut from the vanilla game due to a dev mistake. And one other spell I think. Cannot remember which one, though.
StoneM wrote:Hello all.
Maybe someone can help me. In the game I have unreadable text in different places.
Please, see the screenshots:
http://prntscr.com/lmniwo
http://prntscr.com/lmnj5y

Normal text:
http://prntscr.com/lmnj9g

System info: Windows 10 Pro x64 , ENG localization.
Seems like a bad install to me. Make sure you install the mod properly and exactly as Rodril instructs in the first post in this thread. Also if you tried to put a localization there for vanilla MM8, that wouldn't work either I assume. There are localizations for this mod, even though you have mentioned you have an English version, I don't think you gave us the whole "picture".

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 25 Nov 2018, 09:32

Trissle wrote:Hi, so I have a few questions, and I truly apologize if they could have been answered by reading through more of the thread, but I seem to be having issues finding the answer. So first off, when starting the game in Jadame (mm8), I noticed Fredrick Talimere (cleric) does not have the light magic skill by default. I then went to the Murmurwoods to see if I could learn the skill at the Light magic guild there, but no luck, no option to learn it. Is there something I'm missing/doing wrong? The other thing I wondered about was about the fly spell. As far as I can tell, the shop that would normally sell it in mm8 does not stock Fly at all. Just curious if there is something I'm missing, I can live without fly for awhile, but not having light magic is making my cleric not so useful. Thanks very much in advance, really enjoying this mod so far. Great work :D
Light Magic is not available until you are promoted to Priest of Light. The availability of the top 2 spells is limited to the grandmaster guilds, so for Fly, it's Regna, Free Haven and Celeste (plus random drops and artifact shops).

Trissle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trissle » 25 Nov 2018, 11:13

Phobos wrote:
Light Magic is not available until you are promoted to Priest of Light. The availability of the top 2 spells is limited to the grandmaster guilds, so for Fly, it's Regna, Free Haven and Celeste (plus random drops and artifact shops).
Thank you very much for the info! Appreciate it very much.
Templayer wrote:
The classes have been rebalanced and recombined with MM6 and MM7, and promoting him is easy enough. I do not know where you can be taught light magic though, probably the guild of light?
The Fly is now only available on the restored magic guild on Regna, which was originally cut from the vanilla game due to a dev mistake. And one other spell I think. Cannot remember which one, though.
Thank you Templayer! I think that's an interesting choice in terms of balance with MM8, seeing as the vanilla standard game is so easy in comparison to the others.

Thanks again to both of you!

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 25 Nov 2018, 13:07

Hello, patch link have been updated. Only minors this time.

@Kristal
I've added new chainmails, but i can not add new leathers, they definetely need any kind of pants or skirt, otherwise it does not look like it provide any defence. Look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbmdp68rgtnno ... r.png?dl=0

@Xfing
I've noticed comment under video in Youtube, it is my video, i did those converions, but i don't have any other.

@StoneM
Check your data folder for files named "LocalizeTables.*.txt", remove them.

These bugs can be removed from tracker:

Code: Select all

Reported by Phobos:
The rings in characters' starting items used to have quite a high chance of giving random bonuses to attributes ranging from 1 to 5. I haven't seen those bonuses in the merge.

reported by: Yaknchuk » Oct 18 2018, 14:38
Alchemy doesn’t exist in Enroth and the Potion Settings.txt “Required mastery” makes it impossible to create anything other than basic potions on Enroth. Alchemy is also attainable as a skill on Enroth and should be removed as there are no alchemy trainers on Enroth. But…without getting the alchemy skill you cannot mix potions at all.
-- Rod: diplomacy trainers were replaced with alchemy trainers, problem could be reported because of wrong topic names in localization files.

reported by: Xfing » Oct 19 2018, 22:28
The Smuggler's Cove is always hostile after respawning, even after you ally with the Wererats
Ogres from MM8 scale up way too fast in terms of hp. Ogre Brawlers in my game have over 2000 hp now (party's close to level 200), while normally they have 67, while most monsters initially more powerful haven't scaled up this drastically. I believe a more reasonable scaling is called for when it comes to Ogres.

reported by: Xfing » Oct 28 2018, 14:20
Some things you've fixed but haven't mentioned are the sword sprites. Oh, and Ullyses the bow's damage value still looks broken.

reported by: CERBOT » Nov 4 2018, 2:41
when I open a door in a dungeon, the creatures behind it will not attack me until I do that first (at least that's the case if I don't enter the room first). And only the ones that I've attacked will come after me.
-- Rod: it is bug/feature of original engine, i'm not sure it should be tweaked anyhow.

reported by: Xfing » Nov 6 2018, 6:25
- Jadamean Green Apples make the eating sound when consumed, but Erathian red ones just play the usual ding tune.
- Ullyses the bow is still 5d2+13 instead of 6d2+14.
- Do weapons with the Elf Slaying property work on Dark Elves too? I think they should (Elfbane, Old Nick and the generic enchantment perhaps, if it even spawns) -- Rod: yes.
- Minotaurs should have at least Druids and definitely Sorcerers selectable as classes when creating characters. Minotaur sorcerers are prevalent in lore of both MM and HoMM. I do realize the biggest obstacle for minotaurs being sorcerers is the lack of a Mino-Lich portrait (and that's probably something we won't soon overcome, if at all), but letting them choose Druid would be a good second choice (Darkstorn the Warlock, anyone?). In fact, we could just handwave it just like MM7 itself did with dwarf liches and zombies becoming tall again and just have minos became regular humanoid male liches. Bit of a waste but oh well, there are always the Enroth promotions -- Rod: they have these options, when player starts game at Enroth/Antagarich.
- Hume's Master promotion quest is still busted as of now.

reported by: spawnsen » Nov 7 2018, 0:09 & Daedros » Nov 7 2018, 1:59
spawnsen: Apparently something around +38 is the max boni you can get off items before they turn negative! My Lich has 3 items which give a total bonus of 38 on Dark Magic. If I want to add another artifact/relic which boosts dark magic, the bonus "flips" and becomes -17. The same happens with my Priest: Here the bonus changes from +26 to -25. This isnt just a display error either. My dragons breath now hits for 1 dmg with Dark Magic 26 (-25). I couldnt test yet if this happens with other skills as well. 
Daedros: Gear that increases your Magic skills, give +50% of your current skill. 10 Dark skill becomes 15 when wearing an item "of the Dark". 40 skill becomes 60 when wearing such an item. All skills max out at 60, trying to go over that with gear gives the negative skill bug. The effects of these items stack. A Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing a single "of the Dark" item goes up to 45 skill. That same Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing two pieces "of the Dark", goes up to 60 Dark Magic skill, the max. Wearing a third item "of the Dark", would take that Lich over into the negatives.
-- Rod: engine does not support skill level above 60. Now game will decrease bonus amount, when overall value crosses this border.

reported by: spawnsen » Nov 8 2018, 22:20 & CERBOT » Nov 8 2018, 21:48
Although I chose the Dark Path in MM7, all minions in Celeste are friendly. And I can use the artifacts/relics which should only be usable on the Light Path. The guards in the other major cities are hostile though. A friend of mine chose the Light Patch and the enemys in the Pit are hostile to him. So I dont know if thats a bug that occurs only if you choose the Dark Path or if its just my game.
Vetrinus added: I have noticed this too. Celeste was previously hostile to me but, after the latest update, they respawned non-hostile.

reported by: Xfing » Nov 12 2018, 11:25
Also, when I rest too long, the Weak condition gets cleared immediately from my characters after I stop resting (in other words, they reset to Good). That doesn't reset the "time without resting" timer though, as if you have them not rest for a long enough time, they will still start randomly dying or going insane.
Also I've noticed that the Raise Dead spell shows the same animation as Resurrection did in MM7. MM8 cut both of them from the final game, so it's nice to have this one back, but I don't think it's necessary to show the "restoration from eradication" mechanic for just Raise Dead, where the body is intact.

Reported by: Xfing » Nov 13 2018, 21:25
Another issue I've noticed: Skill teachers no longer have the "you have to be promoted to X to learn this skill level" line, they always say "This skill cannot be learned by class X". This could be misleading to new players.
Grognard the goblin warlord is named "Zog" instead.

Reported by: Jamesx » Nov 13 2018, 22:53 and commented upon by the community
Found a bug with character conditions: when characters get cursed or something else, their portraits changes for a moment, but then returns to normal. don't know if this happen after last update or previous.
Kliff: Yeah, I'm checking a bit and when my party had Haste wear off, Weakness was applied for all of a couple milliseconds before, poof, everyone was fine again.
Xfing: for some reason since the latest patch the weak condition doesn't display on the portraits. I suspect this has something to do with Rodril working in the zombies, I might be wrong though.
Vetrinus: I noticed that too. When reviving a character from death they don't come back weak.
Jamesx: Not only weakness, other conditions like curse or madness have the same problems

Reported by: Phobos » Nov 19 2018, 20:34
I just noticed another anomaly: Fame is counted wrong. It seems to show the complete amount of EXP earned during the game, so it reaches massive numbers. I guess it should be divided by a certain number or something?

Reported by: Xfing » Nov 19 2018, 21:08
One lil' thing I've noticed is that when I make a Zombie using Reanimate, their status bar in the character screen displays their time as a zombie quite inaccurately (instead of the actual time, mine showed 4999 days or something). These are the things I've noticed today.

Reported by: Vetrinus » Nov 21 2018, 2:07
I've noticed that, after the latest update, the bolster is not applying to any of the elementals from MM8.
Also, every time Balthazar's Lair refreshes, the tritons come back as well.

Reported by: Vetrinus » Nov 24 2018, 4:45
I just found out that Clanker's Lab has opening hours from 6am to 6pm... that ain't right... right?

Darrel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Darrel » 25 Nov 2018, 13:52

Hi, I just tried to do an install, and the conversation scripts don't seem to be running. As in I click on a conversation option in a building, and nothing happens when I click on any of the options. Such as when I try to talk to Lord Markham during the treasure hunt, he won't respond to any of the options. Trainers seem to work fine, and standard shops, but no specific conversation options. I must have done something wrong, but I am not sure what it is.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Nov 2018, 13:56

Thanks for hte heads up, Rodril. If that video is yours, then I'd definitely suggest using that version of the mm7 leather armor over Kristal's. That's just me though.

As for the loin parts of armors - while I do understand your impressions, the issue was the same in MM7 - the armors only covered the torso area and the legs remained uncovered, so maybe you're seeing too much value in that? Anyway, most MM6 leathers have visible loin parts that could be exteneded, even the lowliest leather armor from MM6 has those triangular bits of leather hanging down - those could be made longer on the paperdoll, much like for example the Alvarian Leather's loin portion is longer compared to the inventory sprite and covers the pelvic regiopn. If the only alternative is re-using existing female leg/loin portions of the armors, maybe it would be better to just let go altogether and roll with it? I don't think many people would mind.

Another thing - I think this is something everyone here wants: is there a way to permanently remove the limitations on Adventurer's Inns?
- All characters dismissed from your party go to the inn, they are thenceforth selectable in every region and they never get deleted while travelling between regions (so they never become irretreivably lost). This is important, since for example if you want to collect Dark path promoted chars while you've chosen the Light in the MM7 portion of the game, you would now have a chance to do so.
- Jadamean characters dismissed from the Inn could return to their homes in the cities again (Cauri returns to the home were Relburn Jeebes lives, which is designated as Cauri Blackthorne's house anyway). Is this feasible?

Oh, and the link hasn't been updated from the 19.11 version yet :D
Last edited by Xfing on 25 Nov 2018, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

yanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yanna » 25 Nov 2018, 14:50

Hi all,

first of all, great work!!

But I encountered a problem that is quite a plot stopper right now:
Starting MM7 story, I am encountering a Devil King right outside of Harmondale at level 5. It is flying above the goblin fortress and attacks once I get in range. Obviously, I am not able to kill it yet. In harmondale, there is a bounty for devil kings, so I assume this triggers creature spawns in appropriate regions - but this is definately not appropriate and I can only guess it's a bug.

I tried to find savegame editors or trainers (basically all from here, and some more), but all savegame editors corrupt or change my savegame (as I am using portraits, races, classes unknown to MM8, so it force changes them).
No trainer is able to detect the running game, so I can't temporarily increase HP to defeat this single mob.
I searched this thread for "cheat" and encountered mostly "never cheat in singleplayer game, what kind of person are you?!?" posts, which I mostly agree to, but here I would like to progress without having to "come back in 2 years when you can beat it on your own".

1) Random monster bounties seem to enable spawns in non-appropriate regions or level ranges.
2) Is there any working cheat/trainer or other way to get rid of the devil king? If you don't want to post it here, please PM any solution!

Thanks.

edit: oook, further research in this thread suggests that I triggered the devil spawn by accepting the bounty hunter quest. ok, so far so good, but now it means either restart (no save that old) and avoid bounties, or stop playing altogether?
Last edited by yanna on 25 Nov 2018, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 25 Nov 2018, 14:55

@Rodril

Yandex translator: Can I add a fresh Russian localization with the update ? Can prepare quickly.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 25 Nov 2018, 15:48

I've fixed link.
Xfing wrote:Another thing - I think this is something everyone here wants: is there a way to permanently remove the limitations on Adventurer's Inns?
I'm afraid it can not be done fast. Player roster is main game structure, and removal of it's limits will lead to insane amount of little, hard to find, bugs.
alexseevdenis wrote:Yandex translator: Can I add a fresh Russian localization with the update ? Can prepare quickly.
Yes. Localizations are destributed separately, so you can do it anytime.

@Yanna
While you at Harmondale, open debug console with ctrl+f1 and execute this with ctrl+enter:

MonId = vars.BountyHunt[Map.Name].MonId
for i,v in Map.Monsters do
	if v.Id == MonId then
		v.AIState = const.AIState.Removed
	end
end
Bounty hunt targets won't be insane stronger than player after latest update.
Darrel wrote:Such as when I try to talk to Lord Markham during the treasure hunt, he won't respond to any of the options.
Have you followed installation order from first post? Do you use any localization? Make sure you don't have extra *.lod files in "Data" folder, and "DataFiles" folder does not contain anything, except files with *.bin extension.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Nov 2018, 16:05

yanna wrote:BlahBlah about an issue that just got solved by Rodril
Rodril posted an answer. Just saying for you to be notified by quoting you, I'm not sure if @yanna (i.e. Rodril's post with the code for the console for your problem that removes the Devil King's AI) will actually notify you about his answer to your problem.
Rodril wrote: These bugs can be removed from tracker:

Reported by Phobos:
The rings in characters' starting items used to have quite a high chance of giving random bonuses to attributes ranging from 1 to 5. I haven't seen those bonuses in the merge.

reported by: Yaknchuk » Oct 18 2018, 14:38
Alchemy doesn’t exist in Enroth and the Potion Settings.txt “Required mastery” makes it impossible to create anything other than basic potions on Enroth. Alchemy is also attainable as a skill on Enroth and should be removed as there are no alchemy trainers on Enroth. But…without getting the alchemy skill you cannot mix potions at all.
-- Rod: diplomacy trainers were replaced with alchemy trainers, problem could be reported because of wrong topic names in localization files.

reported by: Xfing » Oct 19 2018, 22:28
The Smuggler's Cove is always hostile after respawning, even after you ally with the Wererats
Ogres from MM8 scale up way too fast in terms of hp. Ogre Brawlers in my game have over 2000 hp now (party's close to level 200), while normally they have 67, while most monsters initially more powerful haven't scaled up this drastically. I believe a more reasonable scaling is called for when it comes to Ogres.

reported by: Xfing » Oct 28 2018, 14:20
Some things you've fixed but haven't mentioned are the sword sprites. Oh, and Ullyses the bow's damage value still looks broken.

reported by: CERBOT » Nov 4 2018, 2:41
when I open a door in a dungeon, the creatures behind it will not attack me until I do that first (at least that's the case if I don't enter the room first). And only the ones that I've attacked will come after me.
-- Rod: it is bug/feature of original engine, i'm not sure it should be tweaked anyhow.

reported by: Xfing » Nov 6 2018, 6:25
- Jadamean Green Apples make the eating sound when consumed, but Erathian red ones just play the usual ding tune.
- Ullyses the bow is still 5d2+13 instead of 6d2+14.
- Do weapons with the Elf Slaying property work on Dark Elves too? I think they should (Elfbane, Old Nick and the generic enchantment perhaps, if it even spawns) -- Rod: yes.
- Minotaurs should have at least Druids and definitely Sorcerers selectable as classes when creating characters. Minotaur sorcerers are prevalent in lore of both MM and HoMM. I do realize the biggest obstacle for minotaurs being sorcerers is the lack of a Mino-Lich portrait (and that's probably something we won't soon overcome, if at all), but letting them choose Druid would be a good second choice (Darkstorn the Warlock, anyone?). In fact, we could just handwave it just like MM7 itself did with dwarf liches and zombies becoming tall again and just have minos became regular humanoid male liches. Bit of a waste but oh well, there are always the Enroth promotions -- Rod: they have these options, when player starts game at Enroth/Antagarich.
- Hume's Master promotion quest is still busted as of now.

reported by: spawnsen » Nov 7 2018, 0:09 & Daedros » Nov 7 2018, 1:59
spawnsen: Apparently something around +38 is the max boni you can get off items before they turn negative! My Lich has 3 items which give a total bonus of 38 on Dark Magic. If I want to add another artifact/relic which boosts dark magic, the bonus "flips" and becomes -17. The same happens with my Priest: Here the bonus changes from +26 to -25. This isnt just a display error either. My dragons breath now hits for 1 dmg with Dark Magic 26 (-25). I couldnt test yet if this happens with other skills as well. 
Daedros: Gear that increases your Magic skills, give +50% of your current skill. 10 Dark skill becomes 15 when wearing an item "of the Dark". 40 skill becomes 60 when wearing such an item. All skills max out at 60, trying to go over that with gear gives the negative skill bug. The effects of these items stack. A Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing a single "of the Dark" item goes up to 45 skill. That same Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing two pieces "of the Dark", goes up to 60 Dark Magic skill, the max. Wearing a third item "of the Dark", would take that Lich over into the negatives.
-- Rod: engine does not support skill level above 60. Now game will decrease bonus amount, when overall value crosses this border.

reported by: spawnsen » Nov 8 2018, 22:20 & CERBOT » Nov 8 2018, 21:48
Although I chose the Dark Path in MM7, all minions in Celeste are friendly. And I can use the artifacts/relics which should only be usable on the Light Path. The guards in the other major cities are hostile though. A friend of mine chose the Light Patch and the enemys in the Pit are hostile to him. So I dont know if thats a bug that occurs only if you choose the Dark Path or if its just my game.
Vetrinus added: I have noticed this too. Celeste was previously hostile to me but, after the latest update, they respawned non-hostile.

reported by: Xfing » Nov 12 2018, 11:25
Also, when I rest too long, the Weak condition gets cleared immediately from my characters after I stop resting (in other words, they reset to Good). That doesn't reset the "time without resting" timer though, as if you have them not rest for a long enough time, they will still start randomly dying or going insane.
Also I've noticed that the Raise Dead spell shows the same animation as Resurrection did in MM7. MM8 cut both of them from the final game, so it's nice to have this one back, but I don't think it's necessary to show the "restoration from eradication" mechanic for just Raise Dead, where the body is intact.

Reported by: Xfing » Nov 13 2018, 21:25
Another issue I've noticed: Skill teachers no longer have the "you have to be promoted to X to learn this skill level" line, they always say "This skill cannot be learned by class X". This could be misleading to new players.
Grognard the goblin warlord is named "Zog" instead.

Reported by: Jamesx » Nov 13 2018, 22:53 and commented upon by the community
Found a bug with character conditions: when characters get cursed or something else, their portraits changes for a moment, but then returns to normal. don't know if this happen after last update or previous.
Kliff: Yeah, I'm checking a bit and when my party had Haste wear off, Weakness was applied for all of a couple milliseconds before, poof, everyone was fine again.
Xfing: for some reason since the latest patch the weak condition doesn't display on the portraits. I suspect this has something to do with Rodril working in the zombies, I might be wrong though.
Vetrinus: I noticed that too. When reviving a character from death they don't come back weak.
Jamesx: Not only weakness, other conditions like curse or madness have the same problems

Reported by: Phobos » Nov 19 2018, 20:34
I just noticed another anomaly: Fame is counted wrong. It seems to show the complete amount of EXP earned during the game, so it reaches massive numbers. I guess it should be divided by a certain number or something?

Reported by: Xfing » Nov 19 2018, 21:08
One lil' thing I've noticed is that when I make a Zombie using Reanimate, their status bar in the character screen displays their time as a zombie quite inaccurately (instead of the actual time, mine showed 4999 days or something). These are the things I've noticed today.

Reported by: Vetrinus » Nov 21 2018, 2:07
I've noticed that, after the latest update, the bolster is not applying to any of the elementals from MM8.
Also, every time Balthazar's Lair refreshes, the tritons come back as well.

Reported by: Vetrinus » Nov 24 2018, 4:45
Holy Beetlejuice, that is a lot of bugs squashed! Removed from the bug tracker!

@Xfing - if you read the removed bugs list, you will find out that the sword sprites have been fixed! Or something.
Darrel wrote:Hi, I just tried to do an install, and the conversation scripts don't seem to be running. As in I click on a conversation option in a building, and nothing happens when I click on any of the options. Such as when I try to talk to Lord Markham during the treasure hunt, he won't respond to any of the options. Trainers seem to work fine, and standard shops, but no specific conversation options. I must have done something wrong, but I am not sure what it is.
Things like that are usually caused by people not following the installation procedure in the first post made by Rodril correctly. Also if you have used anything else (translation, etc.), please tell and try it without it.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Nov 2018, 16:39

Yeah, the sword sprites have been fixed for several weeks now.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Nov 2018, 17:44

The Fine Chain Mail (MM7) coordinates for the male paperdoll are wrong. Also, you could just use Grayface's sprite that he made for the Elven Chain Mail (Arcomage reward) if you'd like - Grayface's repaints are spot-on in general.

Return to “Might and Magic”