Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby raekuul » 08 Sep 2021, 10:39

The stone just allows you to talk to Verdant; you can actually jump across time portals on Day One if you start in MM6 and go Fly Scroll > Dragonsand > Gold from NWC > Portal Master from Abdul's Desert Resort (V should interrupt you the first time you try in order to give you the connector stone)

Verdant does assign you quests that are unique to MMMerge, they have to do with building a new Telelocator so that she can attempt to fix her mistakes. She does give you hints towards completing the games' main story quests but all she seems to do is echo what the local Seer would tell you to do.
Last edited by raekuul on 08 Sep 2021, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

wedge5096
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wedge5096 » 08 Sep 2021, 12:47

I started a game with five peasants in Jadame, and I hoping to eventually make one of them into a necromancer. I searched the thread for info about this, and it appears to be possible, but I'm not sure if I should turn the character into a sorcerer first, or if there is a way to go straight from peasant to necromancer. I couldn't find a trainer in the Dagger Wound Islands who would turn a peasant into a necromancer.

Any advice is appreciated!

konva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby konva » 08 Sep 2021, 18:29

hello, how to find that mentioned rod for verdant? I have some comunicating stone and im in mm6 world.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 08 Sep 2021, 20:01

konva wrote:hello, how to find that mentioned rod for verdant? I have some comunicating stone and im in mm6 world.
Verdant will give you a series of quests - use that communicating stone to get more details.

The quests go in the order of MM8, MM7, MM6. You will have trouble trying to complete the MM8 leg of the quest below level 25, and the MM7 leg of the quest causes the Dwarfs to go hostile until their area resets (so don't do that part until you've returned the petrified dwarfs). The MM6 leg of the quest can be completed concurrently with the Archmage promotion quest from Albert Newton.
wedge5096 wrote:I started a game with five peasants in Jadame, and I hoping to eventually make one of them into a necromancer. I searched the thread for info about this, and it appears to be possible, but I'm not sure if I should turn the character into a sorcerer first, or if there is a way to go straight from peasant to necromancer. I couldn't find a trainer in the Dagger Wound Islands who would turn a peasant into a necromancer.

Any advice is appreciated!
You should refer to the Trainers spreadsheet in my signature
Last edited by raekuul on 08 Sep 2021, 20:04, edited 3 times in total.

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 09 Sep 2021, 06:34

raekuul wrote:The stone just allows you to talk to Verdant; you can actually jump across time portals on Day One if you start in MM6 and go Fly Scroll > Dragonsand > Gold from NWC > Portal Master from Abdul's Desert Resort (V should interrupt you the first time you try in order to give you the connector stone)

Verdant does assign you quests that are unique to MMMerge, they have to do with building a new Telelocator so that she can attempt to fix her mistakes. She does give you hints towards completing the games' main story quests but all she seems to do is echo what the local Seer would tell you to do.
So I've been carrying that Stone around for the entire game, already jumping between worlds, thinking it was necessary to jump, not finding Verdant anywhere, and only just now figured out that you need to use it to talk to her! On track now - thanks
Last edited by Ossie on 09 Sep 2021, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.

NoNickNeeded
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NoNickNeeded » 09 Sep 2021, 14:23

If you use the Invisibility spell they will not turn hostile and you can take whatever you want from the treasury. Though the automatic message that warns you back turns off invisibility, so only cast it after the dwarves tell you to turn back.

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 09 Sep 2021, 21:47

May already be logged somewhere in these 340+ pages, but flagging a couple of MM7 anomalies here:

* after making Light/Dark party choice, most promo quests for the opposing path are unavailable, but Warlock quest is still given after choosing Light path (haven't completed yet)
* after 2nd castle upgrade on Light path, the bench hiding the secret tunnel in the basement is already open, and the torture note hinting at the location of the Tomb of the Master is missing

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 09 Sep 2021, 22:43

Warlock is specifically exempted from the path lockout now since it can lead to a new character in Merge. Also I believe the Tomb of the Master simply doesn't exist on the Light route anyway? At the very least I remember it not being accessible in vanilla, though I may be misremembering.
Last edited by raekuul on 09 Sep 2021, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 Sep 2021, 05:25

raekuul wrote: Also I believe the Tomb of the Master simply doesn't exist on the Light route anyway? At the very least I remember it not being accessible in vanilla, though I may be misremembering.
you remember correctly
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 10 Sep 2021, 05:37

justl wrote:
raekuul wrote: Also I believe the Tomb of the Master simply doesn't exist on the Light route anyway? At the very least I remember it not being accessible in vanilla, though I may be misremembering.
you remember correctly
Tomb can't be entered on Light path in vanilla, but note with location could always be found in the castle dungeon. And that bench hiding the tunnel was always in place regardless of path - only time I've ever seen it already slid across to expose the tunnel was now in the merge mod. Not a big deal though really, and arguably an improvement if you can't access the quest anyway
Last edited by Ossie on 10 Sep 2021, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

Gumdoc999
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gumdoc999 » 10 Sep 2021, 21:13

Hi All,

Just discovered the merge and really love it! Question: is there some type of manual or guide that references the changes? For example, I notice that my spell casters now have 5 slots for quick cast, do those correspond to specific keys on the keyboard? Also have no clue about adding peasants and how they differ from other classes. Any help is appreciated.

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 11 Sep 2021, 00:51

Gumdoc999 wrote:Hi All,

Just discovered the merge and really love it! Question: is there some type of manual or guide that references the changes? For example, I notice that my spell casters now have 5 slots for quick cast, do those correspond to specific keys on the keyboard? Also have no clue about adding peasants and how they differ from other classes. Any help is appreciated.
I'm not sure who created the merge mod but I believe it was raekuul - in any event he's a frequent poster on here. Check out the links at the bottom of his sig, or at the start of this thread, for most answers. In relation to peasants, I believe they are intended to be a challenge for those wanting to play classes that can't learn/train many skills, although you can switch from Peasant to any other class at any time (at least you could when starting in MM6)

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 11 Sep 2021, 08:20

Hi!
Have you tried just search it in this thread via key words? I'm pretty sure what your questions are already answered.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 11 Sep 2021, 11:57

Ossie wrote:

I'm not sure who created the merge mod but I believe it was raekuul - in any event he's a frequent poster on here. Check out the links at the bottom of his sig, or at the start of this thread, for most answers. In relation to peasants, I believe they are intended to be a challenge for those wanting to play classes that can't learn/train many skills, although you can switch from Peasant to any other class at any time (at least you could when starting in MM6)
Rodril created the merge, not me

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 11 Sep 2021, 12:46

So just cleared the Dark Dwarf mines in Alvar, no Infused Metal Rod - have I missed something?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 11 Sep 2021, 13:37

Ossie wrote:So just cleared the Dark Dwarf mines in Alvar, no Infused Metal Rod - have I missed something?
Try opening all the chests in this area, you should find whitey thing

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 12 Sep 2021, 09:27

Maslyonok wrote:
Ossie wrote:So just cleared the Dark Dwarf mines in Alvar, no Infused Metal Rod - have I missed something?
Try opening all the chests in this area, you should find whitey thing

Yeah literally the only chest in the entire dungeon that I had missed was the one that held the rod. Like can happen with Eclipse sometimes, not sure whether it was too full & didn't show up on first opening? Anyway - found now - thanks
Last edited by Ossie on 14 Sep 2021, 03:39, edited 1 time in total.

Ozmandias
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ozmandias » 12 Sep 2021, 10:54

Thank You! The instructions to do this merge were great... it worked and the game looks wonderful. One question...

The sound that is made every time I go into turn-based combat is SO annoying! Is there any way to turn that off?

TIA

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 13 Sep 2021, 23:57

OK haven't seen this mentioned previously in the thread but this is a change from (what I remember as) vanilla MM8.

The housed Cleric on DWI (Frederick Talimere sp?) has the Power Stone to activate the portals to other islands. But I've somehow acquired two Power Stones: the descriptions are different, with one described as having a "high bell tone" and one with a "medium bell tone", and the graphic for each Stone is slightly different.

Is this just something else that already existed in vanilla MM8 and both Stones do the same thing, and I just never noticed/can't remember, or is it a Merge Mod change with a meaning/purpose/quest I have not yet discovered? (for eg it seems like there might be a third with a "low bell tone" still to be found)
Last edited by Ossie on 14 Sep 2021, 03:38, edited 2 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 14 Sep 2021, 04:52

Ossie wrote:OK haven't seen this mentioned previously in the thread but this is a change from (what I remember as) vanilla MM8.

The housed Cleric on DWI (Frederick Talimere sp?) has the Power Stone to activate the portals to other islands. But I've somehow acquired two Power Stones: the descriptions are different, with one described as having a "high bell tone" and one with a "medium bell tone", and the graphic for each Stone is slightly different.

Is this just something else that already existed in vanilla MM8 and both Stones do the same thing, and I just never noticed/can't remember, or is it a Merge Mod change with a meaning/purpose/quest I have not yet discovered? (for eg it seems like there might be a third with a "low bell tone" still to be found)
its a vanilla thing, but i have never found a third stone there either
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Return to “Might and Magic”