Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby Eksekk » 16 Jul 2021, 17:24

Eris wrote:How do disable weather
Go into Settings->Controls->Extra Settings (at the top), from there you can disable it.
Eris wrote:Is item ID as a skill straight up unavailable in the entire mod, unavailable just in 6, or has it simply been removed from the starting town in 6? I checked the Buccaneer's guild - and then literally every other house on the starting map - and found no-one who teaches it, only an npc who can do the ID-ing for me.
Learning skills operates on rules of MM8 - for ID item you should check the magic store.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 16 Jul 2021, 19:25

Eksekk wrote:Anyone else feel that monster bolster should give more experience for killing them?
This has been suggested several times and the answer keeps coming back "no" - one of the goals of Bolster is to rein in overpowered parties, not make it easier to become even more overpowered.

Besides, once you've completed Enroth's storyline the rest of MMMerge is a joke anyway

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 16 Jul 2021, 19:36

raekuul wrote:This has been suggested several times and the answer keeps coming back "no" - one of the goals of Bolster is to rein in overpowered parties, not make it easier to become even more overpowered.
But bolster depends on party lvl, doesn't it? So the extra levels gained from boosted monsters experience will come to bite you in the butt by making bolster even stronger. Besides, one can always rush other continents' storyline to gain even more levels from quests, and I personally see little point in fighting stronger monsters without boosted rewards.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 16 Jul 2021, 19:39

Eksekk wrote:Anyone else feel that monster bolster should give more experience for killing them?
I wouldn't be averse to that at all - optimally it'd be optional and toggled in the .ini file so that the in-game option menu isn't to cluttery. But the question is the formula - monsters peak at 30,000 hp anyway, regardless of bolster percentage - no idea if their damage and armor class also similarly cap, but the formula appears to still be quite wonky, or at least complicated. So needless to say, another probably equally complicated formula would be needed for that :P
Eksekk wrote: But bolster depends on party lvl, doesn't it? So the extra levels gained from boosted monsters experience will come to bite you in the butt by making bolster even stronger. Besides, one can always rush other continents' storyline to gain even more levels from quests, and I personally see little point in fighting stronger monsters without boosted rewards.
I think currently if you set the bolster percentage just right, the bolster won't overtake the tempo of your party getting stronger. Because at the highest bolster levels it definitely will, so you'll basically be giving yourself a disadvantage by leveling up higher.
Last edited by Xfing on 16 Jul 2021, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 16 Jul 2021, 21:01

That and your damage output is only weakly correlated to party level. Your skill ranks are far more important and there are ways to bypass needing to level up (particularly if you're playing with the unlockers if you favor melee combat like I do - lots of combinations get M+ Armsmaster with weapons that deal extra damage per point of skill) and there are only a very small number of monsters that must be fought (and most of them are in Enroth)

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 17 Jul 2021, 16:11

hi,

slight logical inconsistency for me in mm8:
the triton people in the plain of water can do sparks and lightning bolts as spells (fire does fire, air does air, earth does earth, water does air?).
maybe the spells were wrongly assigned in the redesign of the merge?

and a minor grafical issue (throughout the whole game):
ice bolt and ice blast face the right way when you shoot them at the enemy
when some monster casts them at you they dont face the right way (it looks as if you casted it but comes towards you)

justl
Last edited by justl on 17 Jul 2021, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 18 Jul 2021, 15:04

hi,

the history of zacharias bone isnt shown completly:

also i always wondered about wands in general... (even back in vanilla) -
they always have the same sale-value no matter how many charges are still left on them (a 1 shot wand should be cheaper then a 30 shot wand of the same spell)

justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

Ocsicnarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ocsicnarf » 19 Jul 2021, 15:17

Hello fellow MMers.

I want to start this merge, over from scratch.
What is the latest community patch that goes with the latest Rodril's patch on the 1st post?
mmmerge-comm.zip has files dated from 14-07-2021
mmmerge-master.zip from 04-03-2021
Which is correct?
Thanks!

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 20 Jul 2021, 08:42

Ocsicnarf wrote:I want to start this merge, over from scratch.
What is the latest community patch that goes with the latest Rodril's patch on the 1st post?
mmmerge-comm.zip has files dated from 14-07-2021
mmmerge-master.zip from 04-03-2021
Which is correct?
mmmerge-comm.zip. See them links in https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17261

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 20 Jul 2021, 18:51

hi,

some site say, the front gate of the abandoned keep on regna (#D4 on that map https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm8/G ... Island.jpg ) can only be opened from the inside (via the passage under regna). only when you go outside the first time, its unlocked from outside too.
(can anyone confirm or disapprove that?)

in this patch i can enter it from the outside, even if i have not been in the passage before.

in the pirate stronghold on regna are some friendly mercs (i guess no one told them, the enemy (me) is here) : (all the green dots)

some times when i fight with wands in one characters hand i see it happen that the character gets jumped over in the line of attack - never attacking with the wand - when i take the wand out of the hand of the character (reequip) he comes "into the game" again

justl
Last edited by justl on 20 Jul 2021, 19:37, edited 6 times in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 21 Jul 2021, 11:56

I think it's due to recovery time. Wands have a long recovery time, so if the others are meleeing, they might get two hits for every one the wand user gets, so it looks like the wand user skipped a turn.

Or is the wand user not attacking at all? That sounds like a bugged wand then.
Last edited by Phobos on 21 Jul 2021, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 21 Jul 2021, 19:06

justl wrote:hi,

some site say, the front gate of the abandoned keep on regna (#D4 on that map https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm8/G ... Island.jpg ) can only be opened from the inside (via the passage under regna). only when you go outside the first time, its unlocked from outside too.
(can anyone confirm or disapprove that?)

some times when i fight with wands in one characters hand i see it happen that the character gets jumped over in the line of attack - never attacking with the wand - when i take the wand out of the hand of the character (reequip) he comes "into the game" again

justl
ok, first thing here ... you can enter d4 through the front door, but cant get past the first inner door from this side - the sites on the internet seem to be a bit wonky about not entering - no bug then :)

2nd thing: concerning the wands - it also happens, when all 5 characters have wands equipped, so i think its a bugged check of speed or such

justl

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 21 Jul 2021, 20:01

hi,

one thing about regna i havent found out yet:
there is a door above the inn in harecksburg - how can it be opened?(you can click on it, and it says "it seems to be locked")
anyone got a clue?

justl
Last edited by justl on 23 Jul 2021, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

nowy0000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nowy0000 » 24 Jul 2021, 11:23

Link Polish localization is broken, where can i download them?

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 24 Jul 2021, 20:43

Hello, could someone please tell me where to find the master/grandmaster armsmaster trainer in Enroth? I found the Expert trainer in the house with the guy who buys gongs in Free Haven. I also need to find the master/grandmaster alchemy trainer. Thanks.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 25 Jul 2021, 10:01

BMJedi wrote:Hello, could someone please tell me where to find the master/grandmaster armsmaster trainer in Enroth? I found the Expert trainer in the house with the guy who buys gongs in Free Haven. I also need to find the master/grandmaster alchemy trainer. Thanks.
Check in MMMerge Tracker, section "Teachers' Guide".

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 25 Jul 2021, 15:02

@Eksekk, Thank you, I found the information I was looking for there.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 26 Jul 2021, 06:16

...where to put localization files from the "Text localization" folder? Without them, the game gives an error ...

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 27 Jul 2021, 13:00

hi,

mm8, plane between planes:
the ether knights/champions/lords clearly look undead, but the "destroy undead" spell aint working on them.
anyone got an idea what type of monster they are?

justl

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 27 Jul 2021, 18:14

Hello, I started a game in Erathia, and discovered I can't climb hills. Pressing X is supposed to start you climbing, and you should be able to climb a hill. Now it just makes you hop up and down at the bottom. This means I can't access the cave where the Arcomage deck is located, which is a semi-serious problem. Is this a known bug, or is something changed I don't know about?

Return to “Might and Magic”