Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby raekuul » 09 Jul 2021, 10:25

The problem with associating Axe with the Mino class is that neither of the Enroth trainers for Armsmaster have the "Become Ranger" option, presumably because the first pass was done to trainers that already existed in the base games, and there is no Enroth trainer for ID Monster (yet).

Which was what prompted this whole thing in the first place. Right now, if you play without the Unlocker, you cannot do anything with a Ranger in Enroth.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Jul 2021, 22:51

raekuul wrote:The problem with associating Axe with the Mino class is that neither of the Enroth trainers for Armsmaster have the "Become Ranger" option, presumably because the first pass was done to trainers that already existed in the base games, and there is no Enroth trainer for ID Monster (yet).

Which was what prompted this whole thing in the first place. Right now, if you play without the Unlocker, you cannot do anything with a Ranger in Enroth.
Well obviously, Enroth doesn't have promotion quests for Rangers anyway. There are still those restrictions that not much can be done about without seriously overhauling the game.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 10 Jul 2021, 13:07

Fair enough, I'm just annoyed that Knife promotes to Thief and Staff promotes to Monk but Axe doesn't promote to Ranger

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 Jul 2021, 19:52

hi,
after finding (and clearing) the old troll home in murmurwood i came back to the iron desert and volog had a wrong text prepared for me:

justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 11 Jul 2021, 13:06

hi

mm8, murmur wood, druide circle:

the druid circlet of power found there can only be worn be a grand druid, since its an mm8 item
but we are the merge, so i want to ask if the item could be customized to be worn by a mm6 arch druid too (since basically they are the same, but mm7/8 uses grand- instead of arch- ...)
Last edited by justl on 11 Jul 2021, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 11 Jul 2021, 14:57

hi,

found a bottle of pure mind resistance
couldnt drink it, cause it cant be used this way? (what else way then?)

justl

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 11 Jul 2021, 17:09

Hello! Thanks for the info.
justl wrote:hi,
after finding (and clearing) the old troll home in murmurwood i came back to the iron desert and volog had a wrong text prepared for me:
This is a known bug: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/212
Sooner or later it will be fixed.
justl wrote: found a bottle of pure mind resistance
Did this character already drink Pure Mind Resistance? If no, that's a definite bug. If yes, perhaps, the game still needs a better message.

Feel free to create your own report in GitLab: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/ . Any context can be of great help (like, a save or at least more detailed description of a situation).
justl wrote: the druid circlet of power found there can only be worn be a grand druid, since its an mm8 item
but we are the merge, so i want to ask if the item could be customized to be worn by a mm6 arch druid too (since basically they are the same, but mm7/8 uses grand- instead of arch- ...)
Can it be worn by anyone? It was unwearable in MM8, and AFAIR in the merge as of ~6 months ago. I did not find any mentioning of it in Gitlab, but I guess it makes sense to make it wearable and give it some powers. Feel free to add it to Gitlab.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Unread postby andrey » 11 Jul 2021, 17:14

dont know if its original mm8 behaviour or not, but the prophecies of the sun (for stephen in murmurwood, found in the abandoned temple on daggerwound isle) dont disappear after completing the quest.

justl
Hm... That should have been fixed: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/136
Which version did you play?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 11 Jul 2021, 18:57

i only do rodrils version - havent played the community merge

Demran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Demran » 12 Jul 2021, 12:28

Hi,
I am not sure if this is mentioned, I searched quite a bit but couldn't find any info about it.

About skills (and skill caps);
While there doesn't seem to be an apparent skill cap (it keeps rising), when you reach 64 on a skill, in this case Armsmaster, it seems to reset entirely starting from beginning. Not the actual skill, but it's effects on the character.

I have 220+ skill points on my Knight but when I level Armsmaster more then 21 (+10 from Wallace / +7 from Terminus / +17 from Belt / +8 from Fleetfinger for a total of +42 Bonus that stacks on top of the actual 21, reaching 63 skill points) my damage lowers back to scratch as if I only have 0 or 1 points in Armsmaster.

Haven't tried it yet but I am assuming Light/Dark/Elemental skills might come across the same problem soon. I currently have 28 in Light and Dark Magics with bonuses of +28 on both which translates into 56 Skill Points. A few more levels and when it reaches 64 I am pretty sure they will act like I have 0 or 1 skill in them.

Is there any report or information on this subject?
Should we simply not reach those numbers in game or my game files have a problem or something?

Also was wondering if there is still the Artifact number limit that MM 6-7-8 originally had.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 12 Jul 2021, 15:57

Demran wrote:Also was wondering if there is still the Artifact number limit that MM 6-7-8 originally had.
Nope, you can find all artifacts in the game, provided you get the artifact every time and don't let a map respawn with artifact unclaimed (this is especially annoying with Dragon Caves in Garrote Gorge, as they house 3 artifacts at end of long tunnel packed with strong enemies with a respawn of 6 months), though Merge might have already patched that, someone else will have to chime in.
Last edited by Eksekk on 12 Jul 2021, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 13 Jul 2021, 15:51

hi,
can anyone give me the console (how do i open it again?) codes for the following items:
forge gauntlets and minds eye?
thx,
justl

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 13 Jul 2021, 16:42

You open console with ctrl + F1, execute script by pressing ctrl + enter.

Code: Select all

-- forge gauntlets
evt.GiveItem{Id = 1336}

-- mind's eye
evt.GiveItem{Id = 1334}

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 13 Jul 2021, 18:55

Eksekk wrote:You open console with ctrl + F1, execute script by pressing ctrl + enter.

Code: Select all

-- forge gauntlets
evt.GiveItem{Id = 1336}

-- mind's eye
evt.GiveItem{Id = 1334}
thx

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 13 Jul 2021, 19:02

tomchen1989 wrote:If you change Game.NPCText[???], NPC greeting messages (mainly in Enroth) will not change.

This causes a pretty big localization issue: for these NPC greeting messages, "\Data\Text localization\LANG_NPCText.txt" file does not work, LANG_NPCText.txt file has indeed been loaded, and Game.NPCText[???] have all been changed as expected, but it still shows the original, English NPC greeting messages.
I've updated related file in my branch: https://gitlab.com/letr.rod/mmmerge/-/b ... lowers.lua
These lines should correctly refer to NPCText now.
tomchen1989 wrote:Questions:
Why 6intro.bik, citytrtr.bik, and mm6end1.bik, mm6end2.bik etc. which are originally .smk files, have been converted to .bik format?
As far as i remember, MM8 engine gave errors upon playing .smk using evt.ShowMovie, thus i had to convert them to .bik .
tomchen1989 wrote:Also, archie.bik and citytrtr.bik should be 460 x 344 px, not 640 x 480 px.
I've upscaled these videos intentionally. They were supposed to be played on top of user interface in MM6, covering house screen, in MM8 they do not cover house screen properly, so i made them fullscreen.

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 14 Jul 2021, 13:33

CATMAN wrote:mail.ru
yandex.ru
...just in case I will repeat here...

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 14 Jul 2021, 18:00

hi,

ive got no idea if its vanilla mm8 or only a localisation error in the english one (can anyone check the otherlocalisations plz? or the vanilla game), but i think it shouldnt be "ilsingore, ilsingore and old loeb". - one should be yaardrake (ilsingore in the ironsand desert, old loeb in regna and yaardrake in shadowspire)

justl
Last edited by justl on 14 Jul 2021, 18:03, edited 2 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 14 Jul 2021, 23:44

ive got no idea if its vanilla mm8 or only a localisation error in the english one (can anyone check the otherlocalisations plz? or the vanilla game), but i think it shouldnt be "ilsingore, ilsingore and old loeb". - one should be yaardrake (ilsingore in the ironsand desert, old loeb in regna and yaardrake in shadowspire)

justl
That's vanilla MM8 yeah, maybe report this in the GrayFace patch thread

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 16 Jul 2021, 14:23

Anyone else feel that monster bolster should give more experience for killing them?

Eris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Eris » 16 Jul 2021, 16:47

Found this today, and it's amazing.

That being said, two questions:
How do disable weather;
Is item ID as a skill straight up unavailable in the entire mod, unavailable just in 6, or has it simply been removed from the starting town in 6? I checked the Buccaneer's guild - and then literally every other house on the starting map - and found no-one who teaches it, only an npc who can do the ID-ing for me.
Last edited by Eris on 16 Jul 2021, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”