Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Xfing
Druid
Druid
Posts: 867
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Xfing » Jun 15 2021, 13:44

Magic shops always carried clubs, and they can be sold there too - they're an exception of sorts, since they don't require a weapon skill to be used.

User avatar
raekuul
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 217
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby raekuul » Jun 15 2021, 19:58

justl wrote:the alchemist ship in silver cove (mm6) aint supposed to sell weapons? maybe those clubs are categorised false?
Do other MM6 General-Store-Turned-Alchemist shops sell clubs? Because I feel like that would be a leftover from MM6.

rampage77t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Jun 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby rampage77t » Jun 15 2021, 20:01

rampage77t wrote:Image

Sorry if someone ever answered it or if it is very easy to do but how do I make those messages are at the bottom of the screen, just above the characters?


In addition to that query I have a problem, in enroth every time I enter the hive the game closes, I cannot pass the game if I do not complete the killing of the demon queen

User avatar
justl
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby justl » Jun 15 2021, 20:55

rampage77t wrote:
In addition to that query I have a problem, in enroth every time I enter the hive the game closes, I cannot pass the game if I do not complete the killing of the demon queen


try this solution from rodril - i had the same problem with a hard crash

justl wrote:
Rodril wrote:I think i've found it. Put this file into your "Scripts\Modules" folder, replacing existing, issue should be fixed.


works fine so far!
thx
Last edited by justl on Jun 15 2021, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Rodril » Jun 15 2021, 20:59

rampage77t wrote:
rampage77t wrote:Sorry if someone ever answered it or if it is very easy to do but how do I make those messages are at the bottom of the screen, just above the characters?


In addition to that query I have a problem, in enroth every time I enter the hive the game closes, I cannot pass the game if I do not complete the killing of the demon queen


Hello.
To change position of status bar, open "mm8.ini" in your game folder with any text editor, find line "StatusbarPlace=2" and change it to "StatusbarPlace=0" (without quotes).
To fix Hive map, put this file into your "Scripts\Modules" folder, replacing existing. It will be included in next patch.

keksua
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 18
Joined: 08 Nov 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby keksua » Jun 16 2021, 8:33

raekuul wrote:which character isn't wearing the wetsuit?

Cleric. Turns out you now need to have leather skill to use wetsuits.

Also I've done with mm7 and I must say I'm greatly impressed with this work, thank you guys! Graphics is stunning great!
And I love new pathfinding, despite minor issues w it outdoors(sometimes full hp mobs trying to escape for some time).
I've just cleared Temple of Baa in Castle ironfist and now, when all sceletons knows how to get to you I wonder if I would need to carefully clear them one by one with low level party as I did more then 20 years ago before I realized there's a secret passage lol.
ps: collected a list of bugs, hope this will be helpful:

Code: Select all

1. One master spell of all magic schools are missing in guilds (fly, physic shock etc.)
2. Breeding zone and Walls of mist mobs give xp and gold.
3. Mobs sometimes stuck in the textures.
4. Broken relations between wyverns and troglodites in caverns (wyverns  should be hostile to everyone there)
5. Artifacts can be crafted from ore
6. Enslaved monsters don't fight( e.g. Necromansers and Minotaurs, works fine on Archmages)
7. Revived magi don't summon wisps
8. Galahad lost its +10 protection stat.
9. Lady's escort lost its "feather fall" ability
10. Quest "Retrieve the bones of the Dwarf King" available for dark side party ( So I've done both druid quests)
11. A lot of crashes in Land of Giants. Most repeatable case- just get to a genie lamp near portal shrine (item isn't required, and I guess it's related to mobs as no crashes when all cleared)
I can provide savegames and logs for this one.
12. Protection from magic sometimes refuses to work, for istance against blood titans (didn't catch any depencies)

Last edited by keksua on Jun 16 2021, 8:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Xfing
Druid
Druid
Posts: 867
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Xfing » Jun 16 2021, 11:36

keksua wrote:
Also I've done with mm7 and I must say I'm greatly impressed with this work, thank you guys! Graphics is stunning great!
And I love new pathfinding, despite minor issues w it outdoors(sometimes full hp mobs trying to escape for some time).
I've just cleared Temple of Baa in Castle ironfist and now, when all sceletons knows how to get to you I wonder if I would need to carefully clear them one by one with low level party as I did more then 20 years ago before I realized there's a secret passage lol.
ps: collected a list of bugs, hope this will be helpful:

Code: Select all

1. One master spell of all magic schools are missing in guilds (fly, physic shock etc.)
2. Breeding zone and Walls of mist mobs give xp and gold.
3. Mobs sometimes stuck in the textures.
4. Broken relations between wyverns and troglodites in caverns (wyverns  should be hostile to everyone there)
5. Artifacts can be crafted from ore
6. Enslaved monsters don't fight( e.g. Necromansers and Minotaurs, works fine on Archmages)
7. Revived magi don't summon wisps
8. Galahad lost its +10 protection stat.
9. Lady's escort lost its "feather fall" ability
10. Quest "Retrieve the bones of the Dwarf King" available for dark side party ( So I've done both druid quests)
11. A lot of crashes in Land of Giants. Most repeatable case- just get to a genie lamp near portal shrine (item isn't required, and I guess it's related to mobs as no crashes when all cleared)
I can provide savegames and logs for this one.
12. Protection from magic sometimes refuses to work, for istance against blood titans (didn't catch any depencies)


Hey. I'd like to confirm or comment on some of those bugs:
1. That's intentional - the top master spell now only appears in "paramount" guilds. Probably to restrict access to Fly.
2. True, noticed that too. Shouldn't be happening.
3. Yeah, they can still get stuck in walls. Previously I've only see it happen in the Eeofol tunnels (almost always at least a single medusa), now it doesn't seem to happen there, but it does in other random locations.
4. Yeah, trogs are supposed to be wyvern food. I think the wyverns aren't hostile like they should be.
5. True, reported this already. Not only can you get artifacts and relics, but also ones not corresponding to the ore trader's profession (like armor from a "make weapon" craftsman etc.)
6. Haven't noticed it. The spell seemed to work exactly like Charm in vanilla mm7 and 8 - the monsters would turn hostile the moment you attacked them contrary to what the spell description said - but it seems to be alright in the merge, at least that aspect of it. Enslaved monsters definitely should more actively seek out hostile monsters to attack, though.
7. Nice, very specific so I didn't know that
8-9. Yes, all the artifacts probably need a look at to check if their bonuses match the descriptions. Hareck's Leather adds +5 to Unarmed rather than Stealing for instance. And don't get me started on that big post I made about the MM6 unique weapon mechanics haha
10. The same is true for the Warlock quest for light path parties. I know it's meant to be an excuse to obtain a dragon character in Erathia, but you can legitimately get promoted to a Warlock if you finish that quest first, before the Arch Druid one. A long time ago an alternate solution was proposed where Tor Anwyn just gives you an alternative quest to get a dragon (non-familiar one) if you're on the light path, but that would probably take a lot of work to implement.
11. Crashes seem to be random, I seem to have a corrupted Tularean Forest map for some reason - it automatically brings up the console and shows some bugs every time I enter the map and the water textures at the edges seem wonky.
12. Works for me every time, keep in mind that the spell gets weakened per every attack it endures, so it can disappear much quicker than you'd think based on the spell duration itself. I'd like to take this as an opportunity to remind about the Protection from Magic potions :D Pls change them to some single-character spell effect: the remaining ones are Hammerhands, Regeneration and Pain Reflection. Not really much of an idea for another non-spell effect, since we've pretty much got all those covered already.

User avatar
justl
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby justl » Jun 16 2021, 21:45

hi,

ive another one of those pre-determined wands near the titan stronghold (north/northeast of it) in avlee - it also holds no charges.

justl

rampage77t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Jun 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby rampage77t » Jun 17 2021, 0:04

Rodril wrote:
rampage77t wrote:
rampage77t wrote:Sorry if someone ever answered it or if it is very easy to do but how do I make those messages are at the bottom of the screen, just above the characters?


In addition to that query I have a problem, in enroth every time I enter the hive the game closes, I cannot pass the game if I do not complete the killing of the demon queen


Hello.
To change position of status bar, open "mm8.ini" in your game folder with any text editor, find line "StatusbarPlace=2" and change it to "StatusbarPlace=0" (without quotes).
To fix Hive map, put this file into your "Scripts\Modules" folder, replacing existing. It will be included in next patch.


It worked to fix the hive, but now I went to Antagarich and in watchtower 6 the same thing happens, the game closes when going up the elevator

keksua
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 18
Joined: 08 Nov 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby keksua » Jun 17 2021, 7:10

Xfing wrote:6. Haven't noticed it. The spell seemed to work exactly like Charm in vanilla mm7 and 8 - the monsters would turn hostile the moment you attacked them contrary to what the spell description said - but it seems to be alright in the merge, at least that aspect of it. Enslaved monsters definitely should more actively seek out hostile monsters to attack, though.

Some of them just ignore everything after Eslave, something crashes in them as some monsters fight as supposed to (Archmages)
But most are just charmed, like Minotaurs, Hydras, Necros etc.
Xfing wrote:11. Crashes seem to be random, I seem to have a corrupted Tularean Forest map for some reason - it automatically brings up the console and shows some bugs every time I enter the map and the water textures at the edges seem wonky.

You mean some maps can crash randomly? Because I have in LoG some "spots" where you crash every time you get near it. have 2 saves that can infinitely replicate it. I wonder if it can be replicated on different computers.(how do you attach files here?)
Xfing wrote:12. Works for me every time, keep in mind that the spell gets weakened per every attack it endures, so it can disappear much quicker than you'd think based on the spell duration itself. I'd like to take this as an opportunity to remind about the Protection from Magic potions :D Pls change them to some single-character spell effect: the remaining ones are Hammerhands, Regeneration and Pain Reflection. Not really much of an idea for another non-spell effect, since we've pretty much got all those covered already.

I know that, and have 1x1 with Megadragon and Blood Titan that instakilled me despite the protection. Tbh it was only 2 mobs entire game, maybe smt broke in their variables, not in spell.
Last edited by keksua on Jun 17 2021, 7:14, edited 4 times in total.

Rodril
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Rodril » Jun 17 2021, 8:18

rampage77t wrote:It worked to fix the hive, but now I went to Antagarich and in watchtower 6 the same thing happens, the game closes when going up the elevator

If possible, send me "ErrorLog.txt" from your game folder and your savegame, please.
keksua wrote:You mean some maps can crash randomly? Because I have in LoG some "spots" where you crash every time you get near it. have 2 saves that can infinitely replicate it. I wonder if it can be replicated on different computers.(how do you attach files here?)

Send me these savegames, please. I think, only way to attach file is to post it somewhere on filehosting and post link here.

rampage77t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Jun 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby rampage77t » Jun 17 2021, 17:10

Rodril wrote:
rampage77t wrote:It worked to fix the hive, but now I went to Antagarich and in watchtower 6 the same thing happens, the game closes when going up the elevator


Rodril wrote:If possible, send me "ErrorLog.txt" from your game folder and your savegame, please.



https://mega.nz/file/r5ZWBTCD#WksO-PmxH ... mmNhR-rTbQ

User avatar
justl
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby justl » Jun 17 2021, 19:30

justl wrote:hi,

i did do the "win acromage at all taverns"-quest in mm7.
opened the chest in steadwick - but only got the elfen chain mail and elfbane as a reward - the other things like 100000 gold, Mind's Eye, Forge Gauntlets and some of the very good ores were not in there.
bug or feature? (havent found them artifacts/relics anywhere else in the game too - not with dragons etc.)

justl

edit: this chest always had fixed content in it - maybe it was bugged up with the tier-redesign of the chests?
cause i also got a bit of low level crap in it, when opening after winning the championship


found another elfbane somewhere else (sorry cant remember where it popped up), than in that chest

programmdude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Jun 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby programmdude » Jun 18 2021, 1:46

I'm getting a crash just after entering Land of the Giants, right after archibald talks to you. This is with the latest game files (03.06.2021, and community patch from cthscr's branch). It seems to be a repeatable issue.

Download containing the save and error log is here. It seems to be a null pointer issue. I tried with PlayMP3=0, didn't seem to change anything.

Godwinson
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Feb 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Godwinson » Jun 18 2021, 12:32

Hello !
After completing MM8
I located round ball ( I found that in Dwarven City) and now need to find the Controlled Breach something .
I have no idea where that can be ?

User avatar
justl
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby justl » Jun 18 2021, 18:52

hi,
i dont know what causes this, but some peasants in the pit do strange things will in round based fighting mode:
Image
Image

justl

Rodril
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Rodril » Jun 19 2021, 8:07

programmdude wrote:I'm getting a crash just after entering Land of the Giants, right after archibald talks to you. This is with the latest game files (03.06.2021, and community patch from cthscr's branch). It seems to be a repeatable issue.

Download containing the save and error log is here. It seems to be a null pointer issue. I tried with PlayMP3=0, didn't seem to change anything.

Looks very similar to recent pathfinder bug, try this: put this file into your "Scripts\Modules" folder, replacing existing.

rampage77t wrote:It worked to fix the hive, but now I went to Antagarich and in watchtower 6 the same thing happens, the game closes when going up the elevator

Cannot reproduce it yet, need some time, let me know if you'll have another crashes like that.

User avatar
Xfing
Druid
Druid
Posts: 867
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Xfing » Jun 19 2021, 8:41

I had this instacrash error several times when opening the secret bookshelf in the dragon hunters' keep, the one where you find Snake. It eventually worked fine, but sounds like it's the same error as the elevator crash.

DrDeft
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby DrDeft » Jun 19 2021, 8:48

Hello! Please tell how to enable wide screen mode. 2560*1440 resolution. I have merge 03.06.2021 version installed to the GOG version of MM8.
Now game starts with black stripes at left and right, like 4*3 old displays.
Last edited by DrDeft on Jun 19 2021, 8:50, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Xfing
Druid
Druid
Posts: 867
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby Xfing » Jun 19 2021, 9:35

DrDeft wrote:Hello! Please tell how to enable wide screen mode. 2560*1440 resolution. I have merge 03.06.2021 version installed to the GOG version of MM8.
Now game starts with black stripes at left and right, like 4*3 old displays.


Enable the hardware acceleration mode.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests