Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

cthscr
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Postby cthscr » Jun 11 2021, 8:19

raekuul wrote:E2: Got a skill training bug - Necromancer > Lich doesn't seem to count as far as getting Expert Repair

Lich doesn't have it in neither Base nor Comm Merge. Master Necromancer (technically you may call him non-undead Lich) has it in Comm as well as in Base.

Sabreas85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Sabreas85 » Jun 11 2021, 13:30

I would need some help.
The textures of my game seem to be still 640x480, can i change this in some way ??

https://imgur.com/y4UJ8F9

Eversmile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Eversmile » Jun 11 2021, 14:20

I'm having an issue; I cleanly install and it runs fine, but if I use the Race Skills.txt from the RaceSkillsAlternate folder in the community mods the game keeps throwing exceptions invoking the debugger menu. What am I doing wrong, please? I would like M&M7 style party stats but with minotaurs etc.

justl
Conscript
Conscript

Postby justl » Jun 11 2021, 15:26

raekuul wrote:
EDIT: Yeah so apparently my raw MM8 was pre-patched and that was screwing up my attempts at switching over to community. Doing a fresh setup fixed basically everything (except my -3080 reputation)

actually you can use cheatengine to get rid of the -minus rep.
write up the minus rep
open cheatengine with mm8.exe, first scan that value
do 1x spending at the temple, note the new minus rep - next scan the new value
repeat until you got the adress and write it 0

raekuul
Scout
Scout

Postby raekuul » Jun 11 2021, 19:16

justl wrote:
raekuul wrote:EDIT: Yeah so apparently my raw MM8 was pre-patched and that was screwing up my attempts at switching over to community. Doing a fresh setup fixed basically everything (except my -3080 reputation)
actually you can use cheatengine to get rid of the -minus rep.

I'm trying not to resort to Cheat Engine for stuff like that (if anything I'll just use CE to give me infinite gold since that's the main thing that having massive negative rep affects at this point), and it was "only" a few trips back and forth between New Sorpigal and Dragonsand to fix anyway.

It's really just more griping about how so much commerce is impacted by reputation (and the fact that MM6's reputation rewards are still orders of magnitude larger than MM7/8's). Ideally the exploity way to do this is to run Enroth early and up to Tanir's Bell (leaving before de-petrifying Archibald), then save the rest until after clearing MM7/8 to abuse the reputation effects (even if they only apply to Enroth, that's still going to make it the most efficient place money-wise to do much of anything)
Last edited by raekuul on Jun 11 2021, 19:18, edited 3 times in total.

Xfing
Succubus
Succubus

Postby Xfing » Jun 11 2021, 21:25

I've noticed another weird issue. After starting a new Antagarich party, I'm receiving what appears to be a double bonus to magic skills from the Ghost Ring and Faerie Ring on my Druid. He's not wearing any other magic boosting stuff and he's getting a bonus of 4 to Spirit Magic (skill at 4) from just the Ghost Ring, and a bonus of 8 to Air Magic (skill at 7, strangely enough). Looks like the algorythm for the bonuses got inverted somehow, no idea why. Not having this problem with my other save Jadame party.

EDIT: Also, light guild membership on Antagarich doesn't seem to be working as intended, since you should only have it after completing the test mission, and you have it before that. Perhaps the way guild memberships work should be checked again and fixed per continent (need to get it separately in Erathia and Enroth).

BTW I'll be taking another pass at the crowns, since it looks like more of them need their sprite position adjusted. I'll take a look at all of them and fix it if need be.

I also checked what's wrong with the Cure Paralysis potion recipe. Turns out you can indeed get a notification sparkle while mixing both, but one of them is not present in the recipe list anyway. No idea why that would be.
Last edited by Xfing on Jun 12 2021, 22:08, edited 3 times in total.

arabezzz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby arabezzz » Jun 12 2021, 19:32

Hi guys, thank you for your impossible and incredible work! I'm SO HAPPY to play this again! But:

I don't understand Verdant quest :(

I started from MM6; first, I met her in New Sorpigal, she gave me black perl and quest 'find a locator from dwarves' (not sure how it calls in original version as I'm playing russian localization; btw there is a localization mistake, it says 'Find it from Alwar dwarves").

Then, I get a letter "let's meet in Dragon Sand'. Okay, I go to Dragon Sand and nothing happens, no one waits me, I speak to Verdant and she tells nothing special

I find book for teleportation between continents, travel to Erathia, find locator in Stone City, speak with Verdant - nothing happens, no cues about it from her.

Where am I wrong?

P.S. I thought it will be possible, like, constantly travel between continents, not like - reach level 60 in Enroth and after that you're allowed to go to Emerald Island and fight the dragonflies (

Xfing
Succubus
Succubus

Postby Xfing » Jun 12 2021, 20:54

arabezzz wrote:Hi guys, thank you for your impossible and incredible work! I'm SO HAPPY to play this again! But:

I don't understand Verdant quest :(

This is mostly a list of fetch quests. You will be told what your current fetch quest is in the quest journal. After they are all done, you'll have access to a new, unique location and have to do a quest there too.

P.S. I thought it will be possible, like, constantly travel between continents, not like - reach level 60 in Enroth and after that you're allowed to go to Emerald Island and fight the dragonflies (

Turn on monster bolstering, it should equal out the challenge.

Return to “Might and Magic”