- Armor values and prices accounted for, same goes for armor values of boots, cloaks, helmets, gauntlets etc. Now every armor and piece of equipment in general is different from all others in price, defense value, flavor text and skill requirement to identify/repair.
- All unique armor, shield and apparel values have been tweaked in accordance with what's in the tracker (slightly increased armor values, mostly)
- Actually fixed a bug - the MM6 tier 5 chainmail (Majestic Chain Mail) had a typo in its sprite reference, so the sprite wasn't displaying in-game. Fixed by putting in the proper reference, now works like a charm.
- Swapped the positions in the pecking order of the MM6 and MM7 Tier 3 leathers (Enchanted Leather and Officer's Leather). I think it has been suggested before, but it took seeing the sprites with my own eyes to realize it makes sense. The MM6 version looks stronger and has better coverage. Also changed the MM6 version's flavor text to reflect this, as it was identical to the MM7 armor's (can't believe how lazy they were with something that takes so little time between these two games!)
- Changed the item class for the MM6 gemstones from "Gem" to "Gemstone". Unified flavor text for gemstones from all 3 games according to the following format. "A (optional adjective) [continent-an] (gemstone name), (optional short description). As a gem quality stone it has no magical properties, so you might as well sell it".
- Changed prices of the gemstones to prevent redundancy. The top diamond is now 3500 with the next in line being at 3250, with the remaining gems ranging from 100 to 3000 in price. Here are the specific gem values:
Since this took so much time, I'll have to take a look at the treasure classes in another sitting, I gotta go to sleep now. But I'll definitely do it, and soon
Rodril wrote:Heads up!
Rodril, feel free to integrate the file into the next patch, it's been checked and verified to be safe.
On an unrelated note, I've noticed that the alchemy system still needs a tweak or two, so just a little reminder here. I could take care of this myself, but I'm not sure I understand the file structure enough to do it, so guess someone else will have to:
- The Protection from Magic potion grants the spell to the entire party, something that doesn't happen when drinking any other potion - where the effects are always individual, and rightly so. Someone has pointed this out for me early on when I was introducing the idea for this potion (it's the latest one I came up with), and I agreed, but despite this it hasn't been changed yet. Out of remaining individual effect spells that we could use, I would choose Pain Reflection personally, since at Expert level it affects only a single character and it's a decently powerful effect suitable for a White Potion. The recipes for the potion work nicely, so it would be a waste to cut it out entirely - but changing the spell (and potion name) to Pain Reflection would be a nice quick resolution for the idea. There are of course some other options like say, Fate or Regeneration but the first is absolutely underpowered (especially for a white potion), and the latter the opposite, absolutely OP and would make Divine Cure redundant - hence why Pain Reflection seems to be a good choice.
- Potion Recipe scrolls are once again sellable to Alchemy vendors, which is a definite improvement over vanilla, but the new potions still don't seem to have recipes of their own as in-game items, plus the potion recipes don't appear anywhere outside of alchemy shops (can't loot them randomly). It would be nice to have both these things implemented.