Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lerkin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby Lerkin » 25 Apr 2021, 22:35

Another Horde member here. My experience with this series ended at MM6, so i might be working with bad info. I thought all the monsters re spawned on the over world maps every month or so. Did this change in MM7 and 8? Is there a way to force a respawn in the merge mod?

Zoltan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zoltan » 26 Apr 2021, 00:06

The game doesn't save your bolster percent choice you have to activate it every time you start up the Merge Mod is it suppose to do this?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 26 Apr 2021, 15:27

Lerkin wrote:Another Horde member here. My experience with this series ended at MM6, so i might be working with bad info. I thought all the monsters re spawned on the over world maps every month or so. Did this change in MM7 and 8? Is there a way to force a respawn in the merge mod?
MM6 and 7 also had auto respawns after some time, I think it's like 6 months or some such

Dashwell4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dashwell4 » 26 Apr 2021, 16:42

Without modding or editing, can a human peasant class become the dark elf class?

KayBur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby KayBur » 27 Apr 2021, 15:11

Xfing wrote:
Lerkin wrote:Another Horde member here. My experience with this series ended at MM6, so i might be working with bad info. I thought all the monsters re spawned on the over world maps every month or so. Did this change in MM7 and 8? Is there a way to force a respawn in the merge mod?
MM6 and 7 also had auto respawns after some time, I think it's like 6 months or some such
Hmm, I thought monsters don't respawn, they just randomly generate.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 27 Apr 2021, 21:20

They respawn when the region is regenerated. For Might and Magic 6, it varied by map (The Hive has a regeneration time of 7 days, New Sorpigal is 6 months, most overland regions and dungeons are 2 years). I believe for both Might and Magic 7 and 8 it was a flat 2 years for all maps (excepting special situations like "we haven't blown up the Regnan Fleet" or "We're still carrying the Gryphonheart Trumpet")

cmdrsausage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cmdrsausage » 04 May 2021, 14:58

Hey all,
Just found this mod after watching .. a Seth ... video. In my defence I was looking for videos on Might and Magic 7 cause I freaking love this game as a kid.
I've been kicking around with the combined mod and holy heck solid work! I've been trying to get the class unlocker to work but i was finding it was taking away a bunch of the races from the merged community pack. I know people have said I can change what classes are available from the data/tables folder but I'm a bit lost. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers!

Yelso
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yelso » 05 May 2021, 01:13

I am having some trouble. I got one of my party seemingly stuck in the merchant guildhouse in the breach. I have solved the riddles and got the follower, but I cant get my party member out. It shows the join button but does not work.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 11 May 2021, 21:57

Hello, I've got message from Pol and saw links in the first post being broken. Lots of work made in community branch impressed me, thus i decided to also implement community bugfixes and graphic polishing into base version. Special thanks to cthscr for repacking merge files, maintaining sources and helping with this version.

New link is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19M2FCl ... sp=sharing

New version does not contain any notable changes or features, only fixes, optimizations and little improvements - ocean of them.
Due to changed structure of game files, this update does not come as little patch, you'll have to download entire archive to apply it. If you use localization - update it aswell, links in the first post have been fixed.

If you use base version of the merge, simply extract archive into your game folder, replacing existing files. Do not forget to update localization files, if you use one.
If you are just installing the mod, order of actions stays same:
1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
2. Extract merge files into your game folder.
Optional:
3. Apply community files (link).
4. Apply localization.

If you use community version of the merge, updating process will be a bit more complicated:
1. Remove all files inside "DataFiles" folder of your game directory.
2. Apply merge files.
4. Update localization (if you use it).

All links and instructions are doubled to the first post.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 12 May 2021, 12:05

Rodril wrote:order of actions stays same:
1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
Optional:
4. Apply localization.
Thank you for the Update Rodril, does that mean we do not need to apply Grayface patch anymore? I do remember that being one the steps in the past, is it already included in the new version of the Merge?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 11.05.2021]

Unread postby raekuul » 12 May 2021, 12:25

It's included in the merge; you'd only need to apply Grayface separately if there's been an update to Grayface (and it looks like we generally should not do that separately anymore since this step likes to break multi-dialog plot-critical NPCs like Wilbur Humphrey, Lord Markham, and Bastian Loudrin)
Last edited by raekuul on 12 May 2021, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 12 May 2021, 17:44

Rodril wrote: 1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
Optional:
4. Apply localization.
hi,

1st
thx for coming back :tsup:

2nd
are 3 and 4 both optional? - i think the dialog for "localization out of date" at the start up of the game aint just there cause its pretty :D
buuut ... heres the question --> can step 3 be left out and just put the localization from step 4 into the game?
or do have both points to be attended?

best regards
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 12 May 2021, 18:07

hi,
i have found that the majestic chain mail isnt displaying properly - it should use the same grafic as galahad/apollo (edit: they are shown correctly in the inventory and on the paperdoll)

Last edited by justl on 12 May 2021, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 12 May 2021, 18:22

raekuul wrote:It's included in the merge; you'd only need to apply Grayface separately if there's been an update to Grayface (and it looks like we generally should not do that separately anymore since this step likes to break multi-dialog plot-critical NPCs like Wilbur Humphrey, Lord Markham, and Bastian Loudrin)
Thank you!

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 12 May 2021, 18:53

justl wrote: 2nd
are 3 and 4 both optional?l
Yes, both are optional, if you don't use community files, you can skip 3rd step.
justl wrote:hi,
i have found that the majestic chain mail isnt displaying properly - it should use the same grafic as galahad/apollo (edit: they are shown correctly in the inventory and on the paperdoll)
That will be fixed in minipatch, thank you.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 12 May 2021, 20:24

Rodril wrote:
justl wrote: 2nd
are 3 and 4 both optional?l
Yes, both are optional, if you don't use community files, you can skip 3rd step.
i skipped 3rd and used the german localization, but i still get the info, that it is outdated.
am i doing anything the wrong way? (copied it in the data folder)

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 12 May 2021, 20:27

raekuul wrote:It's included in the merge; you'd only need to apply Grayface separately if there's been an update to Grayface (and it looks like we generally should not do that separately anymore since this step likes to break multi-dialog plot-critical NPCs like Wilbur Humphrey, Lord Markham, and Bastian Loudrin)
It should break no more because of new lods structure.
Having non-english MM8 shouldn't break things as well.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 12 May 2021, 20:39

justl wrote:hi,
You don't have anything extra in Data or DataFiles, do you?
I actually suspect you have DataFiles/Items.txt.

Edit: nevermind, confused with Golden Chain Mail.
You can use this Data/03 LocalizeTables.txt to fix the problem.
Last edited by cthscr on 12 May 2021, 21:19, edited 3 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 12 May 2021, 22:05

Rodril's back! Nice, I might get to editing some more price values one of these days. Then again, I think that's already done and just waiting for approval and integration to the game. There have been tons of armors and apparel repainted and waiting for integration as well. Guess the time is coming to play the merge again, hehe

Dashwell4
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dashwell4 » 13 May 2021, 00:09

Is there a soft cap on how many Artifacts/Relics obtainable in this mm merge? If so, what is the limit?

I know it wouldn't matter if I could get the editor going...but I have no idea how it works at all. PM me, anyone willing to explain.

Return to “Might and Magic”