Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby darkdill » 17 Mar 2021, 22:42

voidlistener wrote:I am talking about big Boulders and Earth Elementals from MM8. Health vanishes quite quickly even with 100 resistance. Other Elementals were pathetic.
Boulders either have a fancy ranged area attack or Rock Blast explosion somehow lingers in place.
This has to do with their ranged attack. Their ranged attack deals Physical damage, not Earth damage, so it can't be resisted except via the Chain GM and Plate M perks.

I personally change them to deal Earth damage with their ranged attacks instead, as otherwise they're too obnoxious.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 18 Mar 2021, 05:17

darkdill wrote:
voidlistener wrote:I am talking about big Boulders and Earth Elementals from MM8. Health vanishes quite quickly even with 100 resistance. Other Elementals were pathetic.
Boulders either have a fancy ranged area attack or Rock Blast explosion somehow lingers in place.
This has to do with their ranged attack. Their ranged attack deals Physical damage, not Earth damage, so it can't be resisted except via the Chain GM and Plate M perks.
Or Mist Form. Complete immunity to Physical Damage. Some melee-applied effects can still bypass it though. For example, Mist Form makes you immune to the Physical Damage dealt by a Greater Werewolf, but it can still instantly knock you Unconscious through it. Protection from Magic doesn't protect against that effect either :/. Caught me by surprise when my Vampire Lich was in Mist Form spamming Shrapmetal to clear out the hordes of Werewolves in the Lair of the Wolf, when he suddenly got knocked unconscious, despite still being in Mist Form. Cursed status from being meleed by Skeleton Lords or Harpy Witches bypasses both Mist Form and Protection from Magic as well.

Boulders also explode when killed, dealing damage to you if you're within melee range when they die.
Last edited by Daedros on 18 Mar 2021, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mortis » 19 Mar 2021, 10:26

There is more than mist form that doesnt work properly in MM6 world. Vampire's Levitation - skill doesn't prevent from water and lava damage, my characters equipped with yoruba and cloak of the sheep easily get disease, poison drinking from well from example.
I don't know if it is a bug or normal situation in MM6.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 19 Mar 2021, 21:10

It sounds like the extra effects from MM6 attacks aren't checking for the proper immunities - there's a lot in Enroth that GM Prot.Magic should be protecting from and doesn't.

TrentWoodruff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TrentWoodruff » 21 Mar 2021, 21:34

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else in the thread, but my wife has started the Merge on her laptop and run into a problem I didn't encounter. She selected to start in MM7 so she is on the Emerald Island. When she goes to talk to Lord Markham and the Judge, the text of their conversation won't come up when she clicks on something (like "What do you have?").

So when she clicks on their individual picture, it will show the brief text introducing them. But when she tries to CONTINUE the conversation with them, clicking on those text boxes on the right-hand side don't bring up the appropriate text from either Lord Markham or the Judge.

However, when she goes into, for example, the Armorer, that works fine. So it looks like places that sell things are fine, but talking to people doesn't work.

Any idea what might be causing this?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 21 Mar 2021, 23:10

A corrupt installation (this happens more often than you would think). Set up just the base mod again and try that

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 22 Mar 2021, 04:59

Most probably, GrayFace's patch installed before Merge. Files like 'Data/00 patch.games.lod' and 'Data/00 patch.T.lod' are conflicting with Merge's ones.

lordTrolldemort
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lordTrolldemort » 23 Mar 2021, 09:50

Can someone (preferably the author) share the mod files somewhere like dropbox or google drive? Ever since Sseth published his video the traffic has become so high that the site barely works and it's impossible to download the files.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Mar 2021, 10:19

@lordTrolldemort
Hello, it will be made available again this night. Pls a bit of patience.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

kirtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kirtis » 23 Mar 2021, 10:20

Pol wrote:@lordTrolldemort
Hello, it will be made available again this night. Pls a bit of patience.
Thank you so much! I think there's an influx of people who want to try it out now :)

lordTrolldemort
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lordTrolldemort » 23 Mar 2021, 11:12

sweet, thank you :) I can't wait to try it

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 23 Mar 2021, 12:43

I started in MM6

Is there a way to visit Emerald Island?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Mar 2021, 20:11

*unhides from the shadows*
lordTrolldemort wrote:Ever since Sseth published his video the traffic has become so high that the site barely works and it's impossible to download the files.
Interesting. In the past few days, I had quite a few people contacting me through email, thinking that I made the MMMerge and / or asking questions. Unfortunately I've been out of the loop for such a long time that it was hard for me to answer, but I did always tell those that thought that I made the MMMerge that Rodril made it, etc. This lead me to appear here and check what the ever-loving heck is happening. I might have to check this "Sseth" just in case of him not giving out proper information. Seems too weird to be a coincidence. :canthear:
mightandmagicplayer wrote: 3)I don't really think the transition area should be in Dragonsands. That's basically an endgame area, and if I want to hop continents early on (for example, to promote my thief), it encourages sequence breaking.
There are quite a few more locations for dimensional jumps, few of them secret, check the Tracker for a guide. Dagger Wound has one. New Sorpigal has one. And I think Harmondale has one as well. Someone else might have answered this already though, I just read it randomly... :hug:

The only thing I'm doing for the MMMerge now is protecting the Tracker from people actively trying to screw it up. Maybe I should finish the website for MMMerge ( http://www.mmmerge.templayer.cz ) so that people would have a proper information aggregator? Send me an email to TemplayerATseznamDOTcz if you want it. :tsup:

*returns from whence he came*
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Mar 2021, 20:17

alekssandros wrote:I started in MM6

Is there a way to visit Emerald Island?
Yes, there is. :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 23 Mar 2021, 22:59

Once I got to Erathia, I got invitation to participate in competition for Harmondale Castle ownership. Then you get option to travel to Emerald Isle by boat.

MageWithBlackWings
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MageWithBlackWings » 24 Mar 2021, 02:10

Yeah, Sseth led me here as well and I thought I had installed it properly but several links on 1st page here aren't working as well as 1 at the github so I hadn't successfully downloaded the mod even though the game seemed to be working correctly. when I made my character I didn't get any options to choose which game to start in and I ran around on a lizardman island being attacked by pirates for a bit. So I guess I'm wondering if there is anywhere that has the working links or if I should start sifting though the 300 pages of this thread. Sorry if a million other people have asked this in the last couple days and everyone is tired of catering to the needy noobs.

ExpiredCranberry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ExpiredCranberry » 24 Mar 2021, 04:32

The downloads don't seem to work anymore, or is this just because of Sseth's video? Need to redownload so I can play again and I can't get any links to work.

PEP1C
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PEP1C » 24 Mar 2021, 07:28

Hello everyone! I had trouble finding a working link too, but the one cthscr uploaded to mega a couple days ago worked for me. Here is the link I had used:
https://mega.nz/file/Ly5wDRBb#GWnXjPB3h ... CS1sk2y1xk

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Mar 2021, 07:47

Yes, that one is correct. Fixed the link in the Rodril's opening post, hope he won't mind.
Last edited by Pol on 24 Mar 2021, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Might and Magic”