Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby cthscr » 25 Feb 2021, 18:06

Blackjack wrote:I am having a hard time getting this to work. I followed the installation instructions and the game starts up fine, but after I choose my starting continent, make my party, and click Okay an error window pops up. After closing it, the game starts like normal but I only have one character in my party.
Newly added bug on 2021-12-22. Fix pushed. Thanks for the report.

This bug also shows that I have changed 'Race Skills.txt' format once again. Now it can have race-class settings (rather than race-class_kind only) and bonus to skill value. See https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/ ... _514480778 (I'm not sure when I create proper documentation page).
Last edited by cthscr on 25 Feb 2021, 18:13, edited 2 times in total.

Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nirran » 02 Mar 2021, 02:39

great mod ppl loving it :)

can anyone point me twards a list of event numbers? wanta make well stats thingies affect all party members and once per well,and cauldrons all party too

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 02 Mar 2021, 08:26

Nirran wrote:can anyone point me twards a list of event numbers?
I guess your assumption is kinda wrong here. ;) Anyway - here are decompiled events (might be overwritten by Scripts/ so you have to check there as well).
Nirran wrote:wanta make well stats thingies affect all party members and once per well
Map events, not global ones. Numbers are different depending on map of course.
Nirran wrote:and cauldrons all party too
See Scripts/Structs/After/GlobalEventsNewHandler.lua

Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nirran » 02 Mar 2021, 21:25

cthscr wrote:See Scripts/Structs/After/GlobalEventsNewHandler.lua
tyvm this is exactly what i wanted!

TrentWoodruff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TrentWoodruff » 03 Mar 2021, 08:29

I couldn't find anything searching through this thread, so I wanted to ask everyone if there is a list of "connecting points" between the various continents, and are there pre-conditions for that ability to open up? For example, when/where can I jump out of Jadame to head toward Enroth? Or does such an animal even exist?

Or is it a situation where I must complete each world's story before I can move on to the next?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 03 Mar 2021, 12:27

Check the link in my signature. Long story short, Town Portal, but in specific locations. There are also scrolls of "Dimension Door..." once in a blue moon.

E: Verdant tells you about one location per continent (you can talk to her again by using the communication orb thingy she gave you):
Enroth - the pond at Abdul's Discount Resort in Dragonsand (near where you put the statuette)
Antagarich - Evenmorn Islands (I don't remember where precisely since it's a pain in the ass to get there)
Jadame - Just outside the entrance to a useless dungeon the Druid Circle in Murmurwoods
Last edited by raekuul on 03 Mar 2021, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nirran » 04 Mar 2021, 03:25

thanx,gonna fight against boosting

1) hwo do i make it run boosting on every critter?

2) seen these in the script

Code: Select all

mon.Experience = TxtMon.Experience
	mon.TreasureItemPercent = TxtMon.TreasureItemPercent
	mon.TreasureItemLevel	= TxtMon.TreasureItemLevel

mon.Level = TxtMon.Level
i looked at https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ref/# ... ck-up-(MM8

didnt find the gold drops

in my monster.txt i gave all critters '{level of monster}D10' of gold drops,is it possible with scripting?

thnx loving ur mod
Last edited by Nirran on 04 Mar 2021, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby darkdill » 06 Mar 2021, 08:58

How would one go about changing the GM effect of Axes? The whole "Chance to halve enemy Armor Class" doesn't seem to work, even when I have really high Axe skill.

I'd much prefer GM Axe be the crit chance mechanic that Daggers have.

voidlistener
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby voidlistener » 06 Mar 2021, 15:17

Having a blast with the mod :applause:

Can promotions be altered? I remember seeing a concept of separate race/class promotions and think of creating table for that.

If items weren't completely pregenerated, ID item skill could be used to roll for a better enchantment.

I see a comeback for diplomacy if NPCs get levels. Persuading higher ones to join you or to tell secrets about items/places.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 07 Mar 2021, 06:30

voidlistener wrote:Can promotions be altered? I remember seeing a concept of separate race/class promotions and think of creating table for that.
They can whatever you mean by "altered". See Global/PromotionTopics.lua. Also there is Data/Tables/Promotions.txt in Comm master, which affects a few promotions only yet (MM8 ones). Note that promotion quest is separated from promotion itself for MM8 there, making it [promotion] to be used on per-character basis rather than for full party at once.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 08 Mar 2021, 08:30

Nirran wrote:2) seen these in the script

mon.Level = TxtMon.Level

Gold is mon.Items[3] with mon.Items[3].Bonus2 being an amount. See also events PickCorpse and CastTelepathy.

Nirran
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nirran » 09 Mar 2021, 01:39

cthscr wrote:
Nirran wrote:2) seen these in the script

mon.Level = TxtMon.Level

Gold is mon.Items[3] with mon.Items[3].Bonus2 being an amount. See also events PickCorpse and CastTelepathy.
Thanks

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 11 Mar 2021, 00:47

cthscr wrote: :gong:
Rodril wrote: :gong:
Alrighty, after so much time, I was finally able to properly test MMMerge as it is (with Community Master branch included) and immediately I˙ve came across 2 very negative surprises:

-> These paperdolls all have their arms broken (even though when it comes to Troll one, it definitely looks like it needs to have its body positioned instead of arms due to that wonky ground shadow, unlike Mino Lich. ^^;):
(Minotaur Zombie is included because his left (our PoV) arm isn´t aligned properly)

-> This issue: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/356 still being very much unresolved and thus the new (uncommon) undead (Dracoliches, Ghost Dragons, Zombie Trolls + Minotaurs and Lich Trolls + Minotaurs) still not having their new voices.

I was honestly kind of expecting that these would be resolved by now, not gonna lie, and thus I´m absolutely devastated. If only I˙d know how to assist in all this the best I can assist, especially the latter (as I´d gladly add these in there myself and make them work, but honest to everyone I don´t have a slightest hint of idea what to do when it comes to coding, like which files to change to accommodate for added stuff and how to make them respond properly in the mod, especially regarding condition and promotion changes :sad:), as these are the only issues that are stopping this mod from being complete in my book (counting off corrupted pixelated sprites of swamp trees and that one trash heap in the Breach ^^; ).
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 11 Mar 2021, 23:11, edited 4 times in total.
Yes?

voidlistener
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby voidlistener » 12 Mar 2021, 13:13

Finished the game.It was pretty fun.
Searching for different ingredients was the hardest late game part. Monsters didn't seem to bolster much without assist. On the other hand, Rock Blast seems completely fair and balanced. 8|
What type Game.Classes.Skills[class][skill] has? Assigning negative numbers makes the parameter go back to 255, apparently.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 13 Mar 2021, 07:10

voidlistener wrote:Monsters didn't seem to bolster much without assist. On the other hand, Rock Blast seems completely fair and balanced. 8|
At least Rock Blast can be resisted by Earth Resistance when a monster hits you with it. Dragon Breath (Lich King & Queen of the Dead) and Shrapmetal are much nastier, since you can't resist those (Dark damage). Invading the Pit is incredibly nasty (even for very high level parties) due to that.

If you're talking about player use of the spell, point-blank Shrapmetal is absolutely ridiculous. My Lvl 126 Vampire Lich has 44 Dark Magic Grand (+66 from gear), and can sit in Mist Form for immunity to Physical, while point-blank Shrapmetaling anything to death. He can kill a Great Wyrm with a single point-blank Shrapmetal, or clear out a swarm of mobs on him with one point-blank Shrapmetal. He can rapidly fire off Shrapmetal too.

voidlistener
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby voidlistener » 13 Mar 2021, 08:19

I am talking about big Boulders and Earth Elementals from MM8. Health vanishes quite quickly even with 100 resistance. Other Elementals were pathetic.
Boulders either have a fancy ranged area attack or Rock Blast explosion somehow lingers in place.

voidlistener
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby voidlistener » 15 Mar 2021, 19:11

How would I go about changing classes in community Merge? I have tables set up for 51 classes and constants are properly changed, at least I think so. Game sees them, but indexes are messed up. Only the first class(Archer) remains intact, others have messed up starting skills and initialisation classes. For example, Knight gets Cleric starting skills and on game beginning becomes a Barbarian.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 15 Mar 2021, 19:29

voidlistener wrote:How would I go about changing classes in community Merge? I have tables set up for 51 classes and constants are properly changed, at least I think so.
Use Community Merge tables as template. 122 class there (half of them aren't used though).

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 16 Mar 2021, 02:13

1_ There is something like MM6's golden pyramids on MM7/MM8?

2_ Can one get in Dragonsand special items from MM7/MM8 in exchange by pyramids?

Auto-Answer to 2

Yes, just got some gems and regents from MM7 and MM8 :applause:
Last edited by alekssandros on 16 Mar 2021, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.

TrentWoodruff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TrentWoodruff » 17 Mar 2021, 00:00

Bug Note: In the Mercenary Guild in Tatalia, I clicked on the Wine Rack there are received a "reagant" that has no picture, name, or description. The picture is just the circle with the slash through it.

Return to “Might and Magic”