Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

Unread postby cthscr » 26 Sep 2020, 08:06

pheYonyx wrote:
tomchen1989 wrote:I don't fully understand what these changes were made for and how they result in the bugs
If I'm not mistaken, they were made for cross-game promotions adding up to three (four?) re-promotions in a different world in addition to already existing 2-4 lines NPC already had. Without that change new Promotion lines were not appearing.
They could be related (or not) to this issue: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/559 (which is about breaking lua events halfway)

CERBOT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CERBOT » 29 Sep 2020, 22:27

Hi, in New Sorpigal I killed everything in the Abandonded temple, but I didn't find the spider queen heart anywhere. Is there a way to complete the quest (e.g. by giving myself the necessary item through an editor)? Thanks

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 30 Sep 2020, 14:30

Maslyonok wrote:The new version of russian localization is done! There should be no errors due to the loc. in the latest version of the mod (16.08.20). The names of the items have been translated in accordance with the "Subtiers of Items". In general, the translation has been improved and corrected. :)
Link to download: https://dropmefiles.com/9wkOu

If you notice an error in the text or incorrect display of it in-game - write to me.
Files was deleted. :( BTW, was this localization compatible with The Community branch?

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 30 Sep 2020, 16:46

CERBOT wrote:Hi, in New Sorpigal I killed everything in the Abandonded temple, but I didn't find the spider queen heart anywhere. Is there a way to complete the quest (e.g. by giving myself the necessary item through an editor)? Thanks

Code: Select all

evt[0].Add("Inventory", 2101)
Jezebeth Noir wrote:BTW, was this localization compatible with The Community branch?
With 'rodril-fixes' - yes, with 'master' - no. Well, you can use it with 'master' but several files (including NPCTopic.txt) will be overridden by [english] ones from DataFiles folder, which contain our modifications.

duncanklysh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby duncanklysh » 01 Oct 2020, 05:26

I had a strange popup thing, I was clearing the Hive in MM6 timeline, and as I got the reactor this came up.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...GOG Galaxy\Games\Might and Magic 8\Scripts\Maps\hive.lua:64: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
...GOG Galaxy\Games\Might and Magic 8\Scripts\Maps\hive.lua:64: in function 'v'
Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:68: in function <Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:63>

arguments of 'v':
mon = (table: 0x2bbc47a0)

upvalues of 'v':
BadEnd = (function: 0x2c507148)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

I closed the popup window and game progressed just fine

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 01 Oct 2020, 14:33

cthscr wrote:With 'rodril-fixes' - yes, with 'master' - no. Well, you can use it with 'master' but several files (including NPCTopic.txt) will be overridden by [english] ones from DataFiles folder, which contain our modifications.
What are the specific changes in race and class systems? Have you a more detailed description?

duncanklysh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby duncanklysh » 02 Oct 2020, 01:39

Hey is it intended that my rep drop to next to nothing after freeing archi, in MM6 and not get fixed by clearing the Hive and saving the world? Everyone hates me in Enroth so much right now I can't do shit due to costs and guards attacking me.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 02 Oct 2020, 13:21

duncanklysh wrote:Hey is it intended that my rep drop to next to nothing after freeing archi, in MM6 and not get fixed by clearing the Hive and saving the world? Everyone hates me in Enroth so much right now I can't do **** due to costs and guards attacking me.
That's exactly what happens in the original. Donate in the temple to become respectable again.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 02 Oct 2020, 13:51

Jezebeth Noir wrote:
cthscr wrote:With 'rodril-fixes' - yes, with 'master' - no. Well, you can use it with 'master' but several files (including NPCTopic.txt) will be overridden by [english] ones from DataFiles folder, which contain our modifications.
What are the specific changes in race and class systems? Have you a more detailed description?
Some basic info can be found at https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/wikis/Features
Phobos wrote:
duncanklysh wrote:Hey is it intended that my rep drop to next to nothing after freeing archi, in MM6 and not get fixed by clearing the Hive and saving the world? Everyone hates me in Enroth so much right now I can't do **** due to costs and guards attacking me.
That's exactly what happens in the original. Donate in the temple to become respectable again.
Though there might be some reputation award added, as we see our heroes to become respectable nobles.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 02 Oct 2020, 19:10

Error:
cthscr wrote:Some basic info can be found at https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/wikis/Features
Could archers and palladins switch their tier 2 class between light and dark sides?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 02 Oct 2020, 19:33

Jezebeth Noir wrote: Files was deleted. :( BTW, was this localization compatible with The Community branch?
Reuploaded the file to the hosting. I'm waiting for Rodril to attach this version to the header.
cthscr wrote:
Jezebeth Noir wrote:BTW, was this localization compatible with The Community branch?
With 'rodril-fixes' - yes, with 'master' - no. Well, you can use it with 'master' but several files (including NPCTopic.txt) will be overridden by [english] ones from DataFiles folder, which contain our modifications.
I promise to make compatibility with The Community branch sometime =)

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 02 Oct 2020, 21:28

Maslyonok wrote:Reuploaded the file to the hosting. I'm waiting for Rodril to attach this version to the header.
Thanks. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Oct 2020, 21:38

Hello! :wave:

I was reading the first post and I just wanted to clarify something:

This merging is already working, playable thing or is it being tested? Reading the Wiki in that Community Branch, it sort of feels like it's a tool that can be tweaked here and there and I actually didn't understand if the 3 games are merged in a single one, bigger version where you can travel hither and thither all locations from any of them at your leisure, or if they are simply linked, but each has its beginning and ending.

I think that's all I wanted to ask for now, if someone could elucidate that, please. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 03 Oct 2020, 06:38

Panda Tar wrote:Hello! :wave:
This merging is already working, playable thing or is it being tested?
They have been merged; all three games and some added features. You can download it and install by following the instructions. There are some bugs that are being fixed but the merge is fully playable.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Oct 2020, 07:58

Ah, nice! :-D Thanks for answering me.

I'll make note to give it a try the next days. :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 03 Oct 2020, 08:45

Jezebeth Noir wrote:Error:
You could at least name the map (and you should actually when you got an error after loading new map). While there is obvious check missing for presence of v.Race it is unknown to me if its absence legitimate or not in this case.
Jezebeth Noir wrote:Could archers and palladins switch their tier 2 class between light and dark sides?
They should be able to, like in Base Merge.
Panda Tar wrote:This merging is already working, playable thing or is it being tested? Reading the Wiki in that Community Branch, it sort of feels like it's a tool that can be tweaked here and there and I actually didn't understand if the 3 games are merged in a single one, bigger version where you can travel hither and thither all locations from any of them at your leisure, or if they are simply linked, but each has its beginning and ending.
Playable thing that is under development and testing.-) Games are merged, but you may find several features missing. There are tons of issues still though, several of them are bugs from vanilla games even.
As for tool that can be tweaked - this is my approach to make changes configurable.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 03 Oct 2020, 10:15

I traveled between Shadowspire and Ironsands while it happens.

Wormwood
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wormwood » 03 Oct 2020, 15:35

Howdy!

So I tried reinstalling the mod a few times to make sure I hadn't goofed somewhere. Eventually I realized my problem (not being able to access the hireling menu) was because I didn't know about the mouse lock (silly me!). After clicking capslock everything went fine and I've been rampaging across continents ever since!

Oh, but I encountered another problem, namely whenever I enter the Ironsand map, an error/debug message pops up. Entering the map from adjacent maps (Alvar and Shadowspire) only makes the message pop up (see img#1), after closing the box everything proceeds as normal. However, if I enter a dungeon (Larder, dragon cave, Tunnel of fire etc) and exit back into Ironsand (townportal is unaffected) a similar error message pops up (see img#2-3) and the game crashes. The crash happens even if I try to save real fast and re-load after restarting the game. Also, attempting to play arcomage in the tavern results in another error message, followed by a crash (see img#4-5).

(I have no idea how to post screenshots etc in the forums, sorry for imgur link!)

https://imgur.com/a/RhtGJiy

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Please bear in mind that I'm not technologically gifted (see above story about the caps lock, lol), so if anyone has a solution please be as detailed as possible (imagine I'm your senile ol' granny).

Thanks in advance!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Oct 2020, 17:21

cthscr wrote:There are tons of issues still though, several of them are bugs from vanilla games even.
Right. :) Do we report these bugs somewhere? List them together or so? Considering that we don't know which bugs are known arealdy, that is.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 03 Oct 2020, 21:57

I encountered an interesting, though not serious bug. Playing Rodril's base Merge version (the one from first post).

Got this from wine rack in Mercenary Guild in Tatalia.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Return to “Might and Magic”