Here is thing i did for past time: merge of mm6, mm7, and mm8 on base of mm8 using MMExtension.
Game files v. 12.07.2020
MEGA: https://mega.nz/file/zvh3nJrQ#ABcmCuolD ... 1joc_GNnpQ
Update (if you have game files of previous version): https://mega.nz/file/n7oH3DZJ#VIxXt_S7T ... OUBvOU_H2Q
Update localiztion files after applying this update, if you use them.
How to install:
Warning: do not install MMPatch before applying game files.
1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
2. Copy mod files into MM8 folder, replacing existing.
3. [Optional - skip this step if game already works] Install MMPatch 2.4.1 (https://github.com/GrayFace/Misc/releas ... v2.4.1.exe )
4. [Optional] - download localization files, links below.
Check community branch for hotfixes and additional features.
Known unfixed bugs/issues:
1. One half of double-leaf doors in MM6 dungeons sometimes stays impassable, second part usually works fine.
2. Check tracker for more.
Possible contributions if someone would:
2. Repainting mm6/7 armors to fit mm8 dolls. (List of armors requiring to be repainted: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uxa88lcbioif ... t.txt?dl=0)
(video-example at 1:18 : https://youtu.be/lipriutf3SI (video a bit outdated, use dump(*table*) function to find new fields of structures)).
3. Some texts have not been localized yet, translate any, and share them here, please.
Here is list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qzcvdzeajg5z ... t.txt?dl=0
put this file into "Data" folder to see new texts in game. Open debug console with ctrl+f1 and execute "RelocalizeTables()" (without quotes) with ctrl+enter to see new texts without relaunching game.
- Two elf females and woman from MM7 by J.M.Sower.
- Two elf males and man from MM7 by Albahr.
- MM7 dwarves, goblins, and all MM6 characters by Jamesx.
- Two connective cross-continent questlines by Echo.
- Items splitted into subtiers by Xfing: Weapons, Armors (not fully implemented yet), Apparel (not implemented yet)
- Water frames, body armor conversion and code fixes by GrayFace.
- Suggestions/bugs/tasks tracker by Templayer: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xf4 ... mZ3o/edit#
- MM6 -alike interface by Vinevi
This is English version based on GOG releases. I did external database to not get confused with all game files, i think, i can use it to automatically replace current files with other localization, send me your *.lod archives from game folder, so i can try to do it.
German: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l44xd3is36ix ... Dwb0a?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio.
Polish: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hs5tur167a50 ... bVeXa?dl=0
- Texts and mm7/mm8 audio. If mm6 sound localization exist, send it to me, please.
Russian: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5ld445zeqi8 ... o1B0a?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio + localized cross continent quests. There are two options: by Alexeevdenis and by Maslyonok.
French: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8u2mgfe73vfk ... 9_Pla?dl=0
- Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio + localized cross continent quests by Mozaki.
Czech: *awaits bugfixing*
- Only mm6/mm7/mm8 texts + localized cross continent quests by Templayer.
Spanish localization by Roor (might be outdated): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/chkqg9sonz7z ... c6dua?dl=0
- copy files in your "...\Data" folder to apply localization.
These localizations were made mostly automatically, and have not been tested enough yet. English texts were manually reviewed by Phobos, misspells and some quest descriptions were corrected, which stays in localizations, texts for new quests does not have existing translation, if you'll resolve some of this issues, please, share new texts here.
1. At certain points of stories you will receive instructions about traveling to other continents and explanation of it's purpose.
2. Party can be filled up at start or during gameplay by hiring random followers.
3. Game have weather effects (snow and rain), these are toggleable by new button in "Controls" menu.
4. Simple way to achieve high resolution (provided by China community): https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16658
Grayface's mmpatch 2.1 supports high resolution without any side software, check it's "readme".
5. I've used Marcon Phoenix's world map for new game menu.
6. Game bolstering monsters to match them with high levelled parties, who have already finished one of continents, if this became gamebreaking or annoying - disable or adjust bolster in "Controls" menu.
7. Use "f4" button to switch windowed and fullscreen mode in game.
8. Music is disabled by default, to enable it: open file "mm8.ini" via notepad, find line "PlayMP3=0", change it to "PlayMP3=1".
9. If music does not loop, convert .mp3 files into .wav (all music files stored in "Music" folder).
10. Cheat engine for merge: http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9058
11. "How-to" modify in-game graphics: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16923
12. "How-to" encode .smk videos for MM engine: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16916
So...Here ,where I live , MEGA it's pretty much impossible to reach via Opera , Firefox or Chrome and I've been looking for a link for this Mod (that I would really like to play) in other platforms like github , Dropbox and MediaFire.
Thanks for the attention and Help if you bring some