Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 29.03.2020]

Unread postby cthscr » 11 May 2020, 20:20

SpectralDragon wrote: :gong:
DaveHer wrote:Have the hats that you and I made been placed in the game yet?
They finally came into Community Branch. Thank you!

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 19.04.2020]

Unread postby m&m_fan » 13 May 2020, 01:45

Couple of more potential bugs that I didn't see anywhere. One, if Sulman's letter is given to Humphrey first, and a second letter is obtained from the seer to give to Andover, the quest to give the letter to Humphrey is given and cannot be completed. Two, I'm not sure exactly what caused this, but I talked to Avalon and all the other people in the town in Garrot Gorge for quests. Then I went to the dragon cave to start an alliance with the dragons. I already had the egg, so I handed it over and secured the alliance. I then proceeded to start doing the slaughter quests for the dragons and dragon slayers. When I was finished I went to get my reward from Avalon and there was no speech prompt, so I could never turn in the quest. So infuriating to have one uncompleted quest at the end of two games lol

plenum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby plenum » 13 May 2020, 04:04

Hello! Just saw this amazing project.
Is this merge fully playable or still suffers from game-breaking bugs? Or maybe balance not adjusted yet?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 13 May 2020, 13:36

m&m_fan wrote:Couple of more potential bugs that I didn't see anywhere. One, if Sulman's letter is given to Humphrey first, and a second letter is obtained from the seer to give to Andover, the quest to give the letter to Humphrey is given and cannot be completed. Two, I'm not sure exactly what caused this, but I talked to Avalon and all the other people in the town in Garrot Gorge for quests. Then I went to the dragon cave to start an alliance with the dragons. I already had the egg, so I handed it over and secured the alliance. I then proceeded to start doing the slaughter quests for the dragons and dragon slayers. When I was finished I went to get my reward from Avalon and there was no speech prompt, so I could never turn in the quest. So infuriating to have one uncompleted quest at the end of two games lol
They slaying quests were like that in MM8 as well. They can only be completed if you are allied with the appropriate party or still undecided. If you ally with the dragon hunters, the dragons won't let you complete their quest, and vice versa.
Last edited by Phobos on 13 May 2020, 13:38, edited 3 times in total.

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m&m_fan » 13 May 2020, 20:33

Phobos wrote:
m&m_fan wrote:Couple of more potential bugs that I didn't see anywhere. One, if Sulman's letter is given to Humphrey first, and a second letter is obtained from the seer to give to Andover, the quest to give the letter to Humphrey is given and cannot be completed. Two, I'm not sure exactly what caused this, but I talked to Avalon and all the other people in the town in Garrot Gorge for quests. Then I went to the dragon cave to start an alliance with the dragons. I already had the egg, so I handed it over and secured the alliance. I then proceeded to start doing the slaughter quests for the dragons and dragon slayers. When I was finished I went to get my reward from Avalon and there was no speech prompt, so I could never turn in the quest. So infuriating to have one uncompleted quest at the end of two games lol
They slaying quests were like that in MM8 as well. They can only be completed if you are allied with the appropriate party or still undecided. If you ally with the dragon hunters, the dragons won't let you complete their quest, and vice versa.
Ah, ok. It's been a long time since I've played MM6/8, so I didn't remember that. Kinda crappy they didn't make it erase the quest if you mess up so it's not on your quest list forever. I know it'd be way down on the list of things to worry about, but maybe this can be changed at some point?

BlackHawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackHawk » 14 May 2020, 08:23

I'm really enjoying this mod. Huge admiration to everyone involved - you're doing amazing (and very professional) job.
I've started playing in MM7 - the only complain I have so far is the game is way too easy. The 5th party member is making everything so much easier. Boosting the monsters to 200% doesn't seem to do anything except for increasing the HP/AC of peasants.
I have questions about the Light/Dark Magic - I will go for the Light route so I should be able to achieve GM expertise in Light Magic. What about Dark Magic - I see the expert trainer for Dark Magic says Priest of Dark/High Priest is required. Does this mean that if I do the quest in MM6 for High Priest I should be able to achieve Dark Magic Master or GM level? How does this work exactly? Since there are no GM trainers in MM6 is it possible to achieve GM if you only stick to Enroth?

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m&m_fan » 14 May 2020, 14:31

The seer in MM6 repeatedly gives monthly pilgrimages if you complete them. Not sure if works for every month, but it works for the temple in Ironfist. You can just make laps or use Lloyd's beacons to get as many resistance points as you want. Not sure if this works for all of them or not, but it's pretty game breaking. If this is already known about, my bad, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 14 May 2020, 16:21

BlackHawk wrote:Since there are no GM trainers in MM6 is it possible to achieve GM if you only stick to Enroth?
Master Trainers in MM6 double as the Grandmaster trainers.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 14 May 2020, 16:39

m&m_fan wrote:The seer in MM6 repeatedly gives monthly pilgrimages if you complete them. Not sure if works for every month, but it works for the temple in Ironfist.
Thats a vanilla thing from mm6 - without visiting the seer you could visit the shrines, but wouldnt get anything out of it.
If you visit a shrine after the seer (in the respective month) the first time you get +10, second time +5, and everytime after +3 for whatever that shrine stands for.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 14 May 2020, 20:44

justl wrote:If you visit a shrine after the seer (in the respective month) the first time you get +10, second time +5, and everytime after +3 for whatever that shrine stands for.
According to both MM6 and Merge events code there should be no +5 second time, just +3.

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m&m_fan » 14 May 2020, 21:48

justl wrote:
m&m_fan wrote:The seer in MM6 repeatedly gives monthly pilgrimages if you complete them. Not sure if works for every month, but it works for the temple in Ironfist.
Thats a vanilla thing from mm6 - without visiting the seer you could visit the shrines, but wouldnt get anything out of it.
If you visit a shrine after the seer (in the respective month) the first time you get +10, second time +5, and everytime after +3 for whatever that shrine stands for.
I'm saying you can do it without delay. As soon as you take a pilgrimage, you can go directly back to the seer, and get it and complete it again. You could get 100's of points of resistance on everyone in one day. That cannot be intended...

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m&m_fan » 15 May 2020, 03:36

Found another quest that can't be finished if you don't do it in proper sequence. Not sure where I messed up exactly, but I have "Find Cauri Blackthorne then return to Dantillion in Murmerwoods with information of her location" stuck in my quest book. Dantillion only has a speech prompt about the stone circle, so I can't tell him what's going on. 3 playthroughs, 3 times I've had a quest that couldn't be completed...RAWR!

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 15 May 2020, 07:02

m&m_fan wrote:I'm saying you can do it without delay. As soon as you take a pilgrimage, you can go directly back to the seer, and get it and complete it again. You could get 100's of points of resistance on everyone in one day. That cannot be intended...
Indeed. Scripts/Global/StdQuestsFunctions.lua, evt.Global[1354].

https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/621
Last edited by cthscr on 15 May 2020, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 16 May 2020, 06:55

Looks like the both of Russian localizations doesn't work with the last patch.

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m&m_fan » 16 May 2020, 14:07

Hareck's Leather gives +5 bonus to Unarmed skill in addition to its listed effects. I checked on a thief and a monk and having just realized that stealing still isnt't implemented, I'm wondering if stealing bonuses are now unarmed bonuses..?

m&m_fan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m&m_fan » 19 May 2020, 16:38

Here's a few more things I've found, not sure if they've been reported or not.
The armsmaster skill rolls over at 63. You can keep putting more points in, but it's like it starts over at lvl 1. If this is intentional, then it doesn't happen with other skills. (edit: it doesn't actually start over at 1, the level will keep going passed 63, but it's effects do roll over)
Magic lamps either don't give stat points at all, or after a certain stat value. The lamps give the stat wish, but my characters don't get any stat points and it's just a wasted lamp.
The bounties in MM8 do not seem to load in the same area. It could very well have been that I couldn't find them, but it was very easy to locate them in MM7 (except for Celeste, I did not try The Pit). I haven't tried doing bounties from MM6.
Last edited by m&m_fan on 19 May 2020, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 19 May 2020, 19:15

m&m_fan wrote:The armsmaster skill rolls over at 63.
For Attack and Damage but not for Attack Delay. See https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/issues/105

ktflash
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ktflash » 21 May 2020, 09:48

Sorry for the possibly dumb question:
I have reached the breach and found the entrance through the mine but i have no idea what to do now.
I flew around the map checking houses or the walls inside the tower, but i might be blind because i havent found anything useful other than the entrance through the mine.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 21 May 2020, 16:49

You need to go through the mine.

There's a handful of switches you need to hit in the tower. You'll know when you've hit them because your party will be moved upwards.
Last edited by raekuul on 21 May 2020, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

ktflash
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ktflash » 22 May 2020, 07:48

raekuul wrote:You need to go through the mine.

There's a handful of switches you need to hit in the tower. You'll know when you've hit them because your party will be moved upwards.

I just went through the mine again to see if i missed something and tried touching everything inside the tower.
Inside the tower all i see is a tree and water, which all tried touching for 20 minutes. The only thing that looks like a switch is this thing in the screenshot, but i cant reach it.

Is there something i need to do before that somehow prevents a trigger?
I tried entering the tower various ways and always got reset back on the map.
I have still 3 quests open:
- Find your Friends
- Find entrance to main Breach structure
- enter controled breach, find runaway Chaos and bring it to the uneasy origin matter

Is one of these quests blocking some kind of trigger or something?

Return to “Might and Magic”