Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 24 Feb 2020, 21:42

Hello.
So here it is, Pathfinder for monsters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdwgfrtiq0phz ... r.zip?dl=0

Extract archive into your game folder, replacing existing files (only events.lua was modified just a bit, check new code by searching "-- Rod" tag).
To disable pathfinder - remove "MonsterPathfinding.lua" from "Scripts\Global" (like that, while it is in test state).

What exactly script does:
̶1̶.̶ ̶C̶r̶a̶s̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶.̶
1. Makes every monsters, you been seen by at least once, hunt you as good as they can, unless you are too far.
2. Allows to bake Way Maps.

Notes:
1. At the moment, pathfinder works only in indoor maps.
2. Monsters will try to hunt Party down, but not the other targets (to be honest, i have not tested friendly monsters behaivor at all yet.)
3. Pathfinding might be perfomance consuming: depending on you PC configuration, monsters will need more or less time to find you, but it should not affect framerate too much, tell me if you experiencing freezes/lags.
4. You can bake way points data to make pathfinder work faster:
1. Open console with ctrl+f1, execute command with ctrl+enter:

Code: Select all

Pathfinder.MakeWayPoints()
2. This process have not been optimised yet, be ready for up to 30 min geneation time in big Enrothian maps.

I have not manage to gather existing fixes and inspect GitLab yet, I hope to do it soon.
Last edited by Rodril on 24 Feb 2020, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 24 Feb 2020, 21:47

eilacomeva wrote:Title: NPCs can be hired as mercenaries at the beginning of the game, but later they morph into useless NPC
Most probably this issue related to max number of players limit. Try to remove few characters (visit Adventurer's Inn, choose character you are not interested in, click dismiss twice, he will be completely removed from the game, thus scripts will get new spot to generate hireling).

astropheonix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby astropheonix » 25 Feb 2020, 02:12

*bug found
After completing the Breach and going through the portal to restart the game progress, I am unable to interact with the obelisks in MM6 - the ones in 7/8 still work fine.

toreadorlelder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toreadorlelder » 25 Feb 2020, 03:28

Bug...

In Bootleg Bay at the Circus. Just picked up Nicolai, as I'm about to start in on the castles...good time to do it.

So I'm gonna grab a few pyramids for grins and doing some of the games. The entryways are showing something TOTALLY wrong...

Speed -> "Freehaven"
Luck -> "Drink from Fountain"
Accuracy -> "Circus (Winter)" which might be right?
Endurance -> "Castle Ironfist"
Might -> "Obelisk"

and there was nothing at the Int game.

Loic2402
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Loic2402 » 25 Feb 2020, 13:15

Hello everyone, i am sure the question is already posed, but i can't remember where are the books in Antiagarich (MM7) for travel to Enroth and Jadame. I finish the MM7 story (light path) and I searched in almosty everywhere, but I miss something. I know there are 2 books because i found it in the fist time I played this game in dark path, but now I don't remember... ^^ And Verdant can't really help me with her little ball ^^

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 25 Feb 2020, 13:51

Loic2402 wrote:Hello everyone, i am sure the question is already posed, but i can't remember where are the books in Antiagarich (MM7) for travel to Enroth and Jadame. I finish the MM7 story (light path) and I searched in almosty everywhere, but I miss something. I know there are 2 books because i found it in the fist time I played this game in dark path, but now I don't remember... ^^ And Verdant can't really help me with her little ball ^^
Hello!

Are there any guaranteed books of dimension door? I thought they could only be generated as treasures in the chests, but it is a complete chance.

BTW you are not required to have these books in order to travel between continents. Instead you can cast Town Portal in special "places of power". There are 2 per continent: one of them is a place where you meet Verdant, another is a secret. The places are indicated by a message: "You feel high magic presence here". If noone in your party can cast TP, you can still travel between continents using TP scroll or gate master hireling.

Loic2402
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Loic2402 » 25 Feb 2020, 15:13

Oh thanks ! I know where is the other place of power, it is in front of the Water magic guild in Evernorn Isle. I didn't know the utility of that. Thanks for the information ! :)

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 25 Feb 2020, 16:35

Rodril wrote:
eilacomeva wrote:Title: NPCs can be hired as mercenaries at the beginning of the game, but later they morph into useless NPC
Most probably this issue related to max number of players limit. Try to remove few characters (visit Adventurer's Inn, choose character you are not interested in, click dismiss twice, he will be completely removed from the game, thus scripts will get new spot to generate hireling).
That worked, thank you!

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 25 Feb 2020, 16:55

Templayer wrote:
eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote: Maybe it is triggered by a factor that we do not know anything about.

Or some version shennanigans.

Oh how I hate the base merge + patches method instead of having one solid download with the latest version. I did cry about it, but nobody listened...
Provide both? not sure if anyone here comes from places where connection speed is atrocious, but I've seen a few people with numbered GB per month (mostly elderly to be honest)
Well, I don't live in 'Murica, so we actually get a decent connection here. I once uploaded about 3.5 TB (yes, TB) in a matter of three weeks. Oh how I love synchronous upload speeds.
Italian here, good speed; some older relatives, neighbors etc have those... not sure what they are called, a teeny tiny wireless thingy that is a decent replacement for a router if you use the internet only once in a while, but some of them were slow (<100KB/s) and you pay extra after a certain amount of GB/month.
Templayer wrote: The hotfix for ulozto's file manager next day had a hilarious line in the changelog: "Upload speed cap for people with seemingly infinite upload speeds." :D :D :D :rofl: :anime: (you can probably still read that, it was version 1.9.x or something like that :D ) I almost died laughing my as.s off!
LOL

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 25 Feb 2020, 17:12

Btw - it's in vanilla mm8, but I'm reporting it here to warn & reduce the chances of duplicates...
if you use a weapon with skill-based damage (spear, mace, axe - I found out with a troll) and you want something in the left hand (dagger/sword)
the damage bonus goes away; I just noticed a couple of days ago after almost 20 years :D

PS
What do you guys do with your trolls? unused left hand?
And what about archers? I thought spear+dagger would be nice, but...

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 25 Feb 2020, 17:15

andrey wrote:
Loic2402 wrote:
You are welcome! BTW Verdant tells you all of that if you click "Time travel guide".

Some old bug reports are now added to GitLab:
Eclipse shield cannot be used by High Priest
I have a mm6 cleric with Eclipse in my first game, are you sure? Or is it just the version that gets to be master of light+dark but no great mastery?

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 25 Feb 2020, 17:18

andrey wrote:
cthscr wrote: You have to unlock race and race/class combinations in 'Data/Tables/Character selection.txt'. Or copy "Unlocker" version of the file.
Thanks! I will play around with config.

New bug reports:
Stanley's treasure - one untrapped chest
In vanilla mm8 all are trapped (I'll need to get a gitlab account)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Feb 2020, 20:18

Rodril wrote:Hello.
So here it is, Pathfinder for monsters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdwgfrtiq0phz ... r.zip?dl=0

Extract archive into your game folder, replacing existing files (only events.lua was modified just a bit, check new code by searching "-- Rod" tag).
To disable pathfinder - remove "MonsterPathfinding.lua" from "Scripts\Global" (like that, while it is in test state).

What exactly script does:
̶1̶.̶ ̶C̶r̶a̶s̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶.̶
1. Makes every monsters, you been seen by at least once, hunt you as good as they can, unless you are too far.
2. Allows to bake Way Maps.

Notes:
1. At the moment, pathfinder works only in indoor maps.
2. Monsters will try to hunt Party down, but not the other targets (to be honest, i have not tested friendly monsters behaivor at all yet.)
3. Pathfinding might be perfomance consuming: depending on you PC configuration, monsters will need more or less time to find you, but it should not affect framerate too much, tell me if you experiencing freezes/lags.
4. You can bake way points data to make pathfinder work faster:
1. Open console with ctrl+f1, execute command with ctrl+enter:

Code: Select all

Pathfinder.MakeWayPoints()
2. This process have not been optimised yet, be ready for up to 30 min geneation time in big Enrothian maps.

I have not manage to gather existing fixes and inspect GitLab yet, I hope to do it soon.
Info added to https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/114 (also made a backup copy of the file, hosted on GitLab)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Feb 2020, 20:21

eilacomeva wrote:
Rodril wrote:
That worked, thank you!
So to really solve it we need to raise the limit substantially. :P

Added all information into the gitlab issue. https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/111
Last edited by Templayer on 25 Feb 2020, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Feb 2020, 20:23

Last edited by Templayer on 25 Feb 2020, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Feb 2020, 20:25

Loic2402 wrote:Oh thanks ! I know where is the other place of power, it is in front of the Water magic guild in Evernorn Isle. I didn't know the utility of that. Thanks for the information ! :)
Be sure to check the Tracker in my signature. It has tutorials, optional modifications, etc. Currently it serves as a "manual" for the game.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Feb 2020, 20:27

eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote:
eilacomeva wrote:
Provide both? not sure if anyone here comes from places where connection speed is atrocious, but I've seen a few people with numbered GB per month (mostly elderly to be honest)
Well, I don't live in 'Murica, so we actually get a decent connection here. I once uploaded about 3.5 TB (yes, TB) in a matter of three weeks. Oh how I love synchronous upload speeds.
Italian here, good speed; some older relatives, neighbors etc have those... not sure what they are called, a teeny tiny wireless thingy that is a decent replacement for a router if you use the internet only once in a while, but some of them were slow (<100KB/s) and you pay extra after a certain amount of GB/month.
Isn't that called a ... you know ... phone? :D :D :D :D
eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote: The hotfix for ulozto's file manager next day had a hilarious line in the changelog: "Upload speed cap for people with seemingly infinite upload speeds." :D :D :D :rofl: :anime: (you can probably still read that, it was version 1.9.x or something like that :D ) I almost died laughing my as.s off!
LOL
:devious:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Feb 2020, 20:30

eilacomeva wrote:Btw - it's in vanilla mm8, but I'm reporting it here to warn & reduce the chances of duplicates...
if you use a weapon with skill-based damage (spear, mace, axe - I found out with a troll) and you want something in the left hand (dagger/sword)
the damage bonus goes away; I just noticed a couple of days ago after almost 20 years :D

PS
What do you guys do with your trolls? unused left hand?
And what about archers? I thought spear+dagger would be nice, but...
Check out these Issues and their comments, I will add your comment to one of them.

Dual Wielding Formulas fix

Left-hand Wield for Spear Mastery

Return to “Might and Magic”