Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby joanthedark » 21 Feb 2020, 18:44

cthscr wrote:I can't reproduce this from that save. Vase is always on its place to me (even without 7d18.lua). Any particular way to reproduce?
No idea honestly, my game is still using the 2 files you provided in the past though:
Complex item pictures.txt - For the Golden Plate placement fix.
ExtraEvents.lua - For the 500 monster out-of-bounds fix.

But I doubt they're the ones causing the conflict.
cthscr wrote:And while inside manor please do:

Code: Select all

dump(mapvars)
There is some related code ("Fix monsters flickering in indoor maps") that may affect vase appearance.

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Debug Mode Started. Press Ctrl+Enter to execute commands.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> dump(mapvars)
  "{\
  ActiveSprites = {\
  },\
  EffectWasActive = false,\
  LastVisitDay = 3,\
  LastWeatherState = 0,\
  LightSrcsConns = {\
    {\
    },\
    {\
    }\
  },\
  RoomLightsFix = {\
    [0] = {\
    },\
    {\
    },\
    {\
    },\
    {\
    },\
    {\
    },\
    {\
    }\
  },\
  RoomSpritesFix = {\
    [0] = {\
    },\
    {\
      [0] = 1\
    },\
    {\
    },\
    {\
    },\
    {\
    },\
    {\
      [0] = 2\
    }\
  }\
}"
>
toreadorlelder wrote:Now, tho, SpellTweaks.lua is bombing on a null pointer, in events.MonsterCanCastSpell.
I haven't had that issue happen to me so far, maybe cthscr can help you with it.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 22 Feb 2020, 02:10

Hello.
I'm pleasantly surprised, people are still interested in this topic, thank you.
Last time i posted here, i've mentioned pathfinding implementation for monsters, i was obsessed with that idea, and finally i have something to test.
This weekend I hope to prepare .zip file with scripts requiring testing, along with some old bugfixes.
Short demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fco50wdhcwaqn ... g.mp4?dl=0
I have not read recent posts, yet, but i saw there are some community fixes and gitlab page. Thank you for contributing.

toreadorlelder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toreadorlelder » 22 Feb 2020, 02:50

OK...I re-downloaded ExtraEvents.lua and slapped it in. Not getting the problems any more.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 22 Feb 2020, 04:47

That looks very promising! Thank you for your hard work Rodril!

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 22 Feb 2020, 05:37

During my Arena adventures I found some peculiar monsters:

Were these included in the mod or are they part of Vanilla (made by NWC devs)?

Were they planned to be included in towns? Since they're already in the game I imagine it can't be too hard to do so, feels like a waste they're only available in low level Arena matches.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 22 Feb 2020, 06:28

Lovely to see you again, Rodril! Welcome back :) Good work with the monster pathfinding, it should make things interesting! Been enjoying the game a lot recently and I've recently found a couple of things to report.

There seems to be a very annoying bug where hireling Town Portal often fails to bring up the map, preventing you from teleporting. However, the spell is still spent for the day. When I click on the very right-hand edge of the hireling's casting prompt, I can get it to activate, but otherwise it just doesn't work.

Treasure bags (in the Temple of Baa treasure room, for example) give gold 100% of the time in the original, now only a part of the time.

The red light on Free Haven Dragon Tower doesn't light up properly when you use the key on it. There is a very small change in lighting around the button, which is hard to notice, so it's quite confusing. It's just a graphical glitch though, so it does register as activated and you can complete the quest.

Sometimes you can't fill all your hireling slots when there are quest NPC's following you. I fired one of my hirelings when I had quest NPC's (I think I had Sherell and Sharry from MM6) and couldn't replace him. Could it be made so that each quest NPC increases the NPC limit by 1 or something like that?

Water Masters only cast Water Walk for 30 minutes, which is too little. It's 3 hours in the original MM6.

Keep up the good work! :)
Last edited by Phobos on 22 Feb 2020, 08:06, edited 2 times in total.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 22 Feb 2020, 10:32

Rodril wrote:Hello.
I'm pleasantly surprised, people are still interested in this topic, thank you.
This weekend I hope to prepare .zip file with scripts requiring testing, along with some old bugfixes.
I have not read recent posts, yet, but i saw there are some community fixes and gitlab page. Thank you for contributing.
Yay, Rodril's back! I don't have to learn all these disasm things to fix Bow skill at Attack and Recovery time modifiers being mod 0x40!

Here's diff of small fixes against 8.10.2019: https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/-/ ... dril-fixes. Just in case.
(I think I failed at guess about Zombie Peasant in 'Characther selection.txt' though and it should be '-' though. And there was one erroneous "fix", which is reverted now.)

May I ask you to create your repo at Gitlab or Github?

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 22 Feb 2020, 10:40

I installed GitLab version: master branch, remove Scripts folder, copy on top of 8/10 patch (over GoG version). Now I see that tent symbol in character creation (so something definitely changed), but I still don't see an option to start as a zombie on any continent. Is there some configuration that I might have missed? Something else to install?

Old bug reports added to GitLab:
Character takes melee hits when monsters fight each other
Voice reaction does not match the events for MM6 characters
“Sudden death syndrome” in Abandoned Temple in New Sorpigal
Artifacts can appear from wrong source: ore, shops, on the ground, etc.

New bugs:
Scaling cliffs is much harder in hardware 3D
Clubs counted as items
Lich can have repair skill, if received as a wizard
Mash counted as mace

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 22 Feb 2020, 10:44

andrey wrote:I still don't see an option to start as a zombie on any continent. Is there some configuration that I might have missed? Something else to install?
You have to unlock race and race/class combinations in 'Data/Tables/Character selection.txt'. Or copy "Unlocker" version of the file.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 22 Feb 2020, 13:06

joanthedark wrote:Were these included in the mod or are they part of Vanilla (made by NWC devs)?

Were they planned to be included in towns? Since they're already in the game I imagine it can't be too hard to do so, feels like a waste they're only available in low level Arena matches.
They're monster IDs 463-474, between the last MM7 addition and the first MM6 addition. Either they're filler added to the MM6 roster or they're vanilla assets that never made it to production. Either way, have fun with cheesing the MM7 Champion quest!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Feb 2020, 03:26

Anyone up for a bit of an egg hunt when it comes to getting different Dragons from Tor via upgrading his questline after the initial one, as proposed quite a while by xfing, I think (only this time, you˙d need quite a heavy sum of cash)? ;D

Well, now it can be made possible via this link:
https://ulozto.net/file/zsHZjEhm5QjD/dragon-eggs-zip
Stuff is designed to spawn randomly from playthrough to playthrough, so that people roll chances to get every single living (!!!) Dragon possible in both Antagarich (MM7) and Jadame (MM8). Can also be used as nest assets.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 23 Feb 2020, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Feb 2020, 03:52

joanthedark wrote:During my Arena adventures I found some peculiar monsters:
(images)
I like to imagine those were probably planned to be included in the NWC Dungeon, but didn˙t make it in there, given that they share the (sort of) same name as "Blaster Guy C". :D :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 17:37

eilacomeva wrote:
Templayer wrote:
eilacomeva wrote: When I did it it took me FOREVER for him to understand that yes means yes, don't be discouraged if the bug is still there.

Oh, btw, when I did it I wanted sorcerer=>light and cleric=>dark, but my sorcerer knew a couple of dark spells, those were erased ALSO from my cleric - not sure if it's been fixed since.
The input bug should already be fixed, I think, but I do not remember anybody reporting that second thing with a Path change.
Added to the Bug Tracker and as an GitLab Issue.

Character allignment change also removes the opposite allignment spells from other party members (while their class stays)

EDIT:
cthscr commented on the GitLab Issue:
It's done for Game.CurrentPlayer only (if we speak about Enroth). Is it reproducible?
That's how it was in August 2019; I didn't keep a savegame from back then and I'm not sure if it's still the case with the updated version.
@TheAnyKey do you have a game where you can verify that? Assuming you want light GM, you need to have two characters with a cheap dark spell, switch ONE character to the light path, and check if the OTHER still has that dark spell.

Otherwise I'll try starting a game to check.
Character allignment change also removes the opposite allignment spells from other party members (while their class stays)

Fixed by cthscr (the reported bug was fixed already, but some additional stuff had to be fixed)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 17:39

tomchen1989 wrote:Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) localization for MMMerge is complete.

MM6,7,8,Merge i18n project:
https://github.com/might-and-magic/mm678-i18n
The project is intended to be not only for Chinese but any language. But for now there's only an introduction in Chinese for non-developer players. However you can get a glance in workflow.md, settings.py and tools. .po (gettext) files are in 3_i18n directory.

==================

You may take a look at the final production files of zh_CN i18n:
https://github.com/might-and-magic/mm67 ... CN/mmmerge

There are several i18n-readiness issues for MMMerge:

In order to localize NPC names, I had to alter ProcessNamesTXT() in Scripts/General/NPCNewsTopics.lua.

(In data folder) There are several images in select.icons.lod that need to be localized, and select.icons.lod is loaded after "10 LocZHCN.icons.lod", so I had to rename it to "z10 LocZHCN.icons.lod". Which is a little messy there.

==================

I had to write these files to make MM8 w/ GrayFace Patch support double-byte character set. My DBCS script works well for MM8 but currently not very well for MM7 and 6.

Python script to generate .fnt files (MM678/H3's font file):
https://github.com/might-and-magic/fnt-generator

==================

It's funny and weird that
Localized string for "You found %lu gold (followers take %lu)!" must always end with "%lu)!"
In the localized string for "You win! +3 Skill Points" (+3 can be +5 or +7 or +10), "+" must always be preceded by two spaces " "
Added to the GitLab Issue: Font double-byte support and other features for localization efforts

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 17:49

Troll Liches WIP:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 17:55

joanthedark wrote:Good day people, the gloves Fleetfingers do not seem to be giving +8 damage to those with Grandmaster Bow. First here's the gloves for those who don't know them:

Next I show how the +8 Bonus is working on the character by right-clicking the Bow skill:

The Shoot Bonus is also working because at Expert level it reduces recovery time (first image without Fleetfingers, second with it equipped, less is better):

Now I demonstrate how the Attack Bonus increase works (Normal Bow), but Attack Damage doesn't (Grandmaster Bow), despite the character being Cauri Blackthorne (she has Grandmaster Bow by default):

Additional info might be that I have still not used the character unlocker so this issue exists in the regular version of the Merge mod as is (for all I know it could be in vanilla even and was never fixed by GrayFace or the merge modders, worth looking into).
Added to the Bug Tracker and as a GitLab Issue: The gloves Fleetfingers do not seem to be giving +8 damage to those with Grandmaster Bow

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 18:12

eilacomeva wrote:btw, maybe I'm not such an idiot after all... I tried to just hire random peasants on the streets and I couldn't find anyone to join - all the hunters etc were now useless NPCs instead of being available to join my team, while after, you know, you finish the game and choose a certain option, I quickly started to find peasants (or even "grand" peasants :D)
Added to the Bug Tracker and to GitLab Issues: No usable NPCs on the first iteration of game / continent

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 18:16

eilacomeva wrote:
joanthedark wrote:Good day people, the gloves Fleetfingers do not seem to be giving +8 damage to those with Grandmaster Bow. First here's the gloves for those who don't know them:

(...)

Additional info might be that I have still not used the character unlocker so this issue exists in the regular version of the Merge mod as is (for all I know it could be in vanilla even and was never fixed by GrayFace or the merge modders, worth looking into).
Confirmed in vanilla mm8 with latest grayface patch - savegame at https://1fichier.com/?sfoffhuht065bkp8y1nc
Added to the Bug Tracker and to the GitLab Issue https://gitlab.com/templayer/mmmerge/issues/110

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 18:25

eilacomeva wrote:Btw, I believe sometimes adult NPCs have the dialogue meant for children - eg with https://1fichier.com/?3cu5v2l3heqkm9a18y2v ("believe" because it's not a human, but iirc it also happened in some other city, I just forgot to take a screenshot)
please use imgur or ulozto.net for those printscreens next time...

Added to the Bug Tracker and as a GitLab Issue: Adults sometimes have dialogue for children

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Feb 2020, 18:27

TheAnyKey wrote: I have hired a Necromancer and selected for my Priest the Light Path (Ki Lo Nee - Eel Infested Waters). Only the priest lost his Dark Magic skill, the Necromancer remained unchanged.
Necromancers do not have a light side variant as of yet. What would they gain after losing Dark Magic?

Return to “Might and Magic”