Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Dec 2019, 17:20

Kahooli wrote:Can anybody clarify the way promotion system is working? "Promotions Visual Guide", if I understood it correctly, shows that Master Wizard from MM6 can become Archmage and after that Master Necromancer (and vice versa), and later Lich. Similar thing with High Priest from MM6. I wonder how it's implemented, taking in consideration the fact that in MM7 Archmage and Master Necro are mutually exclusive. Just want to know what current party may potentially become.
I would also like to add that your character doesn't "become" promoted in a real sense.

What happens internally that those are all just classes, and the "promotion", when it boils down to the base, is just a class change. You change one class to another. And the other one has higher limits in vanilla and better stat gains and such.
If you "promote" a class that has a skill the class being promoted into doesn't have, then you are allowed to keep that skill and expertise. (last time I checked, unless Rodril changed that.) With the exception of the magic thingie mentioned, that is lost.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 11 Dec 2019, 22:37

Templayer wrote: I would also like to add that your character doesn't "become" promoted in a real sense.

What happens internally that those are all just classes, and the "promotion", when it boils down to the base, is just a class change. You change one class to another. And the other one has higher limits in vanilla and better stat gains and such.
If you "promote" a class that has a skill the class being promoted into doesn't have, then you are allowed to keep that skill and expertise. (last time I checked, unless Rodril changed that.) With the exception of the magic thingie mentioned, that is lost.
Thank you FYI. BTW, the issue with fountains which I described above also applies to the shrines (except Shrine of the Gods) - if your party prayed there and later get a new NPC, and you'll visit that shrine next year, new party member will get 3 attribute/resistance points, not 10.

wuxiangjinxing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wuxiangjinxing » 12 Dec 2019, 15:38

Is it possible to integrate mod contents into the merge, such as Chaos conspiracy for MM6 and Maestro for MM7? In one Chinese community there are also some very interesting mods. For instance, there is one MM7 mod that allows druid to summon various kinds of monsters, from the low-tier skeleton to the top-tier titan to fight on his side by casting earth magic.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Dec 2019, 19:59

Kahooli wrote:
Templayer wrote: I would also like to add that your character doesn't "become" promoted in a real sense.

Thank you FYI. BTW, the issue with fountains which I described above also applies to the shrines (except Shrine of the Gods) - if your party prayed there and later get a new NPC, and you'll visit that shrine next year, new party member will get 3 attribute/resistance points, not 10.
Added to your original report on fountains on Bug Tracker.
wuxiangjinxing wrote:Is it possible to integrate mod contents into the merge, such as Chaos conspiracy for MM6 and Maestro for MM7? In one Chinese community there are also some very interesting mods. For instance, there is one MM7 mod that allows druid to summon various kinds of monsters, from the low-tier skeleton to the top-tier titan to fight on his side by casting earth magic.
Possible? Yes. Easy? Not at all. Some Chaos Conspiracy stuff has already been made compatible by DaveHer. I do not know where he put it though.

That is some awesome mod. Is the spell book modified in any shape or form? Because the inability to implement spells that do not exist in MM8 is a problem and one of the last things to implement.
For example some spells from MM6 and MM7 (the list is in the Tracker) do not exist in MM8, and because the Merge is based on MM8, they do not exist in the Merge. Like the Finger of Death spell, which makes some monsters into pushovers.

I wish GrayFace would reverse engineer spells and magic next, so that we could for example add new spells, new schools of spells, new pages to the spellbook, etc.

It would certainly be cool to be able to turn the pages like in Heroes 3, with the same effect, but in the Merge. :D
Wait, isn't that already in in some manner? I cannot remember if there is any effect if you switch elements in the spellbook in MM8. (well, it has been 5 years since I really played MM8, and I haven't played the Merge yet...)

wuxiangjinxing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wuxiangjinxing » 12 Dec 2019, 20:14

Templayer wrote: That is some awesome mod. Is the spell book modified in any shape or form? Because the inability to implement spells that do not exist in MM8 is a problem and one of the last things to implement.
The spell book is not modified. What that mod did was change the effects of different earth spells to summoning when casted by druid. They still have the same effects if casted by other careers such as archer or wizard.

That mod was made via exe expansion and I don't know the very details. The original post is http://gamerhome.com/bbs/forum.php?mod= ... D23&page=1. The post is all in Chinese but what we need is the attachment MM7_Summon_Mod_070929.zip, anyway here is a simple translation of that post:

Druid can summon monsters with earth spells.

The summoned monsters have different versions (A/B/C) based on the druid's earth skill level, just like the wisp in original mm7.

Novice/Expert: summon version A, max 3 summons, duration = 10 * LV (minutes)
Master: summon version B, max 4 summons, duration = 15 * LV
Grand Master: summon version C, max 5 summons, duration = 15 * LV.

If you try summoning again after you reach the max summon limit, the first summoned monster will be removed.

All the AI of those monsters are set to be 'Suicidal'.

Attacking those summoned monsters will not make them hostile to you.

You can unsummon those monsters by casting "Dispel" on them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can download the attachment but I cannot figure out how to upload it here. You can download it via my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YIvOio ... sp=sharing

Morthan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Morthan » 12 Dec 2019, 20:51

Hi, there seems to be a bug in Colony Zod: the cage with Roland does not appear.
[Edit] Nevermind, I've seen it's on Bug Tracker already
Last edited by Morthan on 12 Dec 2019, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Dec 2019, 22:26

wuxiangjinxing wrote:
Templayer wrote: That is some awesome mod. Is the spell book modified in any shape or form? Because the inability to implement spells that do not exist in MM8 is a problem and one of the last things to implement.
The spell book is not modified. What that mod did was change the effects of different earth spells to summoning when casted by druid. They still have the same effects if casted by other careers such as archer or wizard.

That mod was made via exe expansion and I don't know the very details. The original post is http://gamerhome.com/bbs/forum.php?mod= ... D23&page=1. The post is all in Chinese but what we need is the attachment MM7_Summon_Mod_070929.zip, anyway here is a simple translation of that post:

Druid can summon monsters with earth spells.

The summoned monsters have different versions (A/B/C) based on the druid's earth skill level, just like the wisp in original mm7.

Novice/Expert: summon version A, max 3 summons, duration = 10 * LV (minutes)
Master: summon version B, max 4 summons, duration = 15 * LV
Grand Master: summon version C, max 5 summons, duration = 15 * LV.

If you try summoning again after you reach the max summon limit, the first summoned monster will be removed.

All the AI of those monsters are set to be 'Suicidal'.

Attacking those summoned monsters will not make them hostile to you.

You can unsummon those monsters by casting "Dispel" on them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can download the attachment but I cannot figure out how to upload it here. You can download it via my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YIvOio ... sp=sharing
Thanks, nice.

That spell actually exists in MM8 too, so instead of making a new spell, it modifies an existing spell.

Hmm. It would be nice if every element had a summon, at least one.
Except for Dark Magic. It already has a summon as well. It's called Raise Dead! :D :D :D

wuxiangjinxing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wuxiangjinxing » 13 Dec 2019, 00:47

Templayer wrote:That spell actually exists in MM8 too, so instead of making a new spell, it modifies an existing spell.
This mod does not only change one single spell. Actually it changes all kinds of earth spells, and assigns one specific monster kind to be summoned for each spell.

I guess it might be possible to make a replication of this mod using the scripts of MMExtension. I know it is possible to get the skill level of a player, get the class, summon a friendly monster. But I don't know whether it is possible to execute a personal function when "a spell is casted by one of the player".

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Dec 2019, 10:04

wuxiangjinxing wrote:
Templayer wrote:That spell actually exists in MM8 too, so instead of making a new spell, it modifies an existing spell.
This mod does not only change one single spell. Actually it changes all kinds of earth spells, and assigns one specific monster kind to be summoned for each spell.

I guess it might be possible to make a replication of this mod using the scripts of MMExtension. I know it is possible to get the skill level of a player, get the class, summon a friendly monster. But I don't know whether it is possible to execute a personal function when "a spell is casted by one of the player".
I was referring to the spell that is being used, not the spells that are being replaced.
Yes, it replaces some spells, but it replaces them with ONE spell (the Summon Elemental spell that calls forth dancing lights / wisps) that is modified to summon other monsters.
Last edited by Templayer on 13 Dec 2019, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Dec 2019, 11:02

wuxiangjinxing wrote:mod
I've uploaded it to here:
https://ulozto.net/file/WKLRrIj2GQDc/mm ... 070929-zip
It would be really nice if specific classes could have "another page" in the spellbook where their special abilities would be.
Master Monk, Ninja, Warrior Mages, Rangers, ... those all could have special class skills, like races have.

Some melee or ranged weapon oriented spells for Warrior Mages, Bombs and such for Ninjas, tracking for Rangers,....

... however it would have to be optional content and any bugs would have to be sorted out and fixed by the author and the community. Rodril is swamped with work as it is. (currently working on an AI revamp. No more 20 enemies getting stuck in a corner and trickling at you one by one simply by your party moving a bit forward and backward. :D :D (yeah, the vanilla AI isn't the best, and is easily exploitable.) )

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 13 Dec 2019, 13:51

wuxiangjinxing wrote:But I don't know whether it is possible to execute a personal function when "a spell is casted by one of the player".
Doesn't Merge already prove this is possible with Town Portal?

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 13 Dec 2019, 19:15

raekuul wrote:
wuxiangjinxing wrote:But I don't know whether it is possible to execute a personal function when "a spell is casted by one of the player".
Doesn't Merge already prove this is possible with Town Portal?
yes it does :)

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 14 Dec 2019, 03:51

old character unlocker is outdated, so I made one myself new version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N6ldD6 ... sp=sharing

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Dec 2019, 10:50

majaczek wrote:old character unlocker is outdated, so I made one myself new version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N6ldD6 ... sp=sharing
Actually you are kinda right. Some classes were added that aren't in the uploaded unlocker, but are in my personal one. I might have forgotten to upload it. But it should work none the less, I think? I will upload my own version.

Your still have screwed up the Portrait Exception section for Jadame - you have moved empty cells from there to the end of the next row, for some reason.

Next time you are going to do something like that, please try notifying me first. I can get very pissy about it otherwise. :devious:
Last edited by Templayer on 14 Dec 2019, 11:21, edited 5 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Dec 2019, 11:22

V4 of Unlocker uploaded. It was sitting on my harddrive all along, because I forgot to upload it and put it on the Tracker.

That's what I get for living a hasty life.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 14 Dec 2019, 11:50

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yr37ol ... sp=sharing
fixes for character creation screen. Now you always get race general skill at begining of gameplay.
compatible with Racial Skills and/or Character Unlocker

Tested and it works :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Dec 2019, 12:40

majaczek wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yr37ol ... sp=sharing
fixes for character creation screen. Now you always get race general skill at begining of gameplay.
compatible with Racial Skills and/or Character Unlocker

Tested and it works :)
For now. The problem with your modification is that it is fragile - you just modified an existing (and decently sized) lua with a few lines of code. This will work for the current version, sure. But once ANYTHING there is changed by Rodril, then...

... the user installs Merge with changes that aren't in your lua -> the user then overwrites the changes by using your modified (but now obsolete) lua -> f*ckup.

Hmm.

I will add this to the Tracker like this - I will tell the user where to make the modification in the lua file (with your credit). That way should be more "safe" for users.

EDIT: What is the last race? For me the last race is a Zombie. Which race gets the Blaster as a starting skill? (const.Skills.Blaster?)

Code: Select all

local BaseRacialSkill = {const.Skills.Learning, const.Skills.VampireAbility, const.Skills.DarkElfAbility, const.Skills.Axe, const.Skills.Regeneration, const.Skills.DragonAbility, const.Skills.Regeneration, const.Skills.DarkElfAbility, const.Skills.Alchemy, const.Skills.Repair, const.Skills.Regeneration, const.Skills.Blaster}
		-- if CurRace then
			-- local CurRacialSkill = BaseRacialSkill[CurRace]
			-- Party[0].Skills[CurRacialSkill] = true
			Party[0].Skills[BaseRacialSkill[ CurRace + 1 ] ] = true
			-- Party[0].Skills[const.Skills.Sword] = true
			-- MessageBox(BaseRacialSkill[1])
		-	- end

I won't add it to the tracker until you explain that, because I think you might be developing another race (android? defender?) and this shouldn't be there for the normal Merge without that. But that is only my guess.
Last edited by Templayer on 14 Dec 2019, 12:48, edited 2 times in total.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 14 Dec 2019, 12:54

there are no more races, this is some garbage left from my debugging and only in this table.
Skills.Blaster is marker for "Holy Snow Something is wrong"

If you prefer the code may be simplified to:

Code: Select all

local BaseRacialSkill = {const.Skills.Learning, const.Skills.VampireAbility, const.Skills.DarkElfAbility, const.Skills.Axe, const.Skills.Regeneration, const.Skills.DragonAbility, const.Skills.Regeneration, const.Skills.DarkElfAbility, const.Skills.Alchemy, const.Skills.Repair, const.Skills.Regeneration}
Party[0].Skills[BaseRacialSkill[ CurRace + 1 ] ] = true
Last edited by majaczek on 14 Dec 2019, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

ValexAV
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ValexAV » 14 Dec 2019, 13:02

Hi,
Enroth, Silver Cove, The Monolith - the door to the third room does not open
http://skrinshoter.ru/i/141219/SqgQTDgd
help me please...
Last edited by ValexAV on 14 Dec 2019, 13:05, edited 2 times in total.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 14 Dec 2019, 13:09

and there may be needed a fix for Immunities and for dracoliches but it was just simply "add me my skill from my Race, IDK if it is possible to learn it :P"

PS: Could I experiment more with this script? it seems I can add another features to the character creation screen :)

Return to “Might and Magic”