Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 38
Joined: 14 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby candida » Oct 21 2019, 19:04

SpectralDragon wrote:
raekuul wrote:So we have a clean-shaven and neatly-trimmed gold dragon. It's still one more character than we had before. Thank you for your work ^^

More like a younger version of one if you ask me, but yesh, I ain´t getting into bloody nestled head spikes thing again, sorry. Black Dragon was enough bother with it as it was. ^^; That aside, thank you ... and I promise you, it might not be as clean shaved as you think he might be. :tongue:


Just because of curiosity:

How can you distinguish a female and male dragon? :D :D

Do you also have some plans to make female trolls and minotaurs?

That gold dragon is pretty handsome :D

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 486
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 21 2019, 22:32

candida wrote:Just because of curiosity:

How can you distinguish a female and male dragon? :D :D

Do you also have some plans to make female trolls and minotaurs?

That gold dragon is pretty handsome :D

Glad you asked. :D
I'd say male dragons are buffer (or more muscular), with more masculine undertone to their voices, more mellowed down overall when it comes to their personalities (she-dragons would be definitively more demanding to take care of imo due to all duties they'd need to do as future mothers like nest preparation, defense of hatchlings that might include other dragons even and more I currently cannot imagine. Imagine crocodile mothers in that case, but with dragons. ^^; ) when not being threatened (except adventuring, they would gladly jump in those sort of things like Ithilgore does, bless him, while she-dragons would, in my imagination, generally prefer staying near their lairs) and having longer and broader growths on themselves like horns and spikes even as juveniles. Optionally they'd also be more vividly colored than she-dragons or dragonettes as MM8 calls them (if you ask me, that is) and potentially reaching bigger sizes overall even if I think that both males and females of dragons are same-sized, just having different body shapes and general personalities. Thanks to all that I just call dragons "it" in here while if I do slip up at times, I generally still don't slip up so hard because masculine terms are seen as gender-neutral terms too.

Nowadays no, since from what I know Rodril already has quite a lot of problems implementing new customized voices to uncommon Liches + Zombies (if they would even be, which I honestly hope they would be just to add more variety and diversity to Liches and Zombies and not make them, well, into recolored versions of the living ones. Rodril, if more is needed, just tell me or Templayer) as well as making an Undead race off Zombies that 1, wouldn't make the mod fragile to other updates (aka each next update to the mod would cause a host of bugs and crashes due to Undeads only being implemented by the community instead of the developer while the developer never would implement them and thus the updates never take regard to this change) and 2, would have same voices as Zombies themselves (both common and uncommon Zombies, that is) and making female versions of both Minotaurs and Trolls would pose too much work for him unless they'd be in a mod of their own.

Just as a general insight, this is what a new character needs in order to enter into MMMerge from my knowledge:
-> Customized paperdoll and 56 expressions
-> Customized Lich version of both things above
-> Customized Zombie version of both things above
-> Customized voices for all 3 (living/common, Lich, Zombie) versions in next languages: English, Spanish, Polish, German, Russian and French. (at least)

Thanks! :)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 22 2019, 8:57, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 486
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 22 2019, 6:46

That bloody face.
Image

Why does the Brown Dragon have the best Insanity expression?
Yes?

User avatar
orzie
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 79
Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby orzie » Oct 22 2019, 9:56

Again, a handful of reports on the MM6 section.

    1. Nicolai Disappearance Bug: the message doesn't fit the text bar, and appears regardless of the party resting or being awake (I got it while being engaged in a turn-based fight, but the message classically says that Nicolai fled while I was resting), as if there is some kind of in-game elapsed timer. Interestingly, reloading game starts this "timer" again, so you can "postpone" the disappearance of Nicolai for a little while.

    2. Winter Circus tent names: in Bootleg Bay, the names of the tents are all messed up except one with the Accuracy test correctly named "Circus (Winter)". The main tent doesn't have a name, even. This is also visible for tents on the location map.

    3. Cooking Child: in Free Haven, one of the teacher houses in the Western part of the town features a child, who has a Join option similar to a Cook hireling. Hiring this person doesn't seemingly change anything, but I am playing solo character so can't tell for sure.

    4. Some of the quest descriptions may have punctuation (absent dot in the end) different from others.

    5. In the same Circus of Bootleg Bay, I had 115 Luck (boosted by white and black potions of Luck, if that matters) and playing the Luck game sometimes shows inconsistency between the awarded prize and text message. In particular, sometimes I won lodestones, but got the message assigned for harpy feathers. Sometimes, however, the messages are correctly displayed for lodestones and harpy feathers altogether. Getting four-leaf clovers works fine anytime.

    6. In Blackshire, the shrine is still called Shrine of Magic (with the Seer also addressing it as that), but there is no such stat as Magic Resistance anymore. The shrine is active in December and provides +10 Fire Resistance, displaying the message "+10 Magic".

    7. It is possible to open the Rest dialogue while trying to walk over water and spamming R. When Water Breathing potion is used, the character actually can rest and heal, if the potion lasts for enough time (maybe, it's even logical since it's called Water Breathing in MM6). When the potion effect wears off, further rest can easily kill the party if it waits for too long.
Last edited by orzie on Oct 22 2019, 9:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phobos
Demon
Demon
Posts: 308
Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Location: Finland

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Phobos » Oct 22 2019, 14:36

Maybe the shrine of magic should be renamed the shrine of self, providing +10 body and mind resistances?

User avatar
Echo
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 206
Joined: 02 Aug 2012

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Echo » Oct 22 2019, 15:50

SpectralDragon wrote:That bloody face.
Image

Why does the Brown Dragon have the best Insanity expression?


You're back? I was afraid you were going away after that post a week or two ago. Glad to drop by and see you around :) Keep on the dragon works!

To be a bit more useful this time in case you ever looked for more dragon inspirations. This is a wildly different dragon than the original MM ones, but it doesn't get more canon than that. It's from Heroes of Might & Magic 3 :yes:

Image

Then there's also this one, similar to Escaton dragons for MM8 too:

Image

Rust dragon for just some small design changes:

Image

And the good ole Azure Dragon:

Image

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 486
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 22 2019, 18:20

Echo wrote:You're back? I was afraid you were going away after that post a week or two ago. Glad to drop by and see you around :) Keep on the dragon works!

To be a bit more useful this time in case you ever looked for more dragon inspirations. This is a wildly different dragon than the original MM ones, but it doesn't get more canon than that. It's from Heroes of Might & Magic 3 :yes:

Then there's also this one, similar to Escaton dragons for MM8 too:

Rust dragon for just some small design changes:

And the good ole Azure Dragon:

I'm always taking effort in checking what's happening here, thus when I'm off, I'm just silent or working. And no worries, that Gold Dragon is coming, I'll just give Rodril and other coders some more time before getting it in (it isn't even complete by this point), since there's already a nice bunch of stuff to get in like Zombie Dwarves, Trolls and headgear. ^^; :D

Thanks for the images, these will be useful. Just mind that these will either take quite a while to be processed or not at all for these reasons:

-> Faerie Dragons have an unfamiliar design compared to others, thus they'd need their own Lich and Zombie versions as well as completely unique voices so that they show that they're their own brand of dragon separate from familiar ones like Browns, Golds, Reds and Blacks. ^^; VERY slim chance they'd manage to get here (as slim as female versions of Minotaurs and Trolls in fact)
-> Crystal Dragons are considered as "golems", thus they won't be able to make into the playable character roost. The most they can be a NPC, like a standard Golem from MM7, only of a Crystal Dragon variety (imagine having one of these protect Castle Harmondale! :D :D :D )
-> Rusts and Azures have the most chance in getting in as "neutral dragons", since what they only need are different voice alterations and some unique voices of their own, but like I've said before, I'll first let Rodril sort out the mess with voices and other paperdolls/characters before continuing. He's just one person after all. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 22 2019, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 979
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 22 2019, 19:47

orzie wrote:UPD. Got it now. For some reason, the reputation drops because I sell those bones to a guy in Free Haven collected from various places. Can't say I remember the feature in the original, and can't say I feel it really required, because there is practically no sense in bad reputation in MM6. The bones, according to the description, belong to human _or_ humanoid monster, so there is little logic in the feature.

"Moreover, it's damn heavy to load as a webpage" - What I am doing is that I let it load in the background in a non-selected tab. You do not have sit and watch it slowly load, staring at the screen. (actually that might be false for some browsers and browser settings...)
Also since when is food a problem in-game? Does the food dispenser from MM6 secret dungeon still work? I'll add that to the Bug Tracker.

The dispenser does work. Yet, the original game was designed in the way that the player normally doesn't reach it. In this modification, food is no longer a problem and the option to buy food from taverns is useless.

1. That is in vanilla (I am currently playing vanilla MM6).
2. Um, I got there in the first 30 minutes of my first playthrough through MM6, so the "player normally doesn't reach it" makes no sense to me personally. On the other hand, I have OCD. CLICK EVERYWHERE! :D

Rodril wrote:Hello.
Currently i am swamped with work and daily tasks, so can not post newest update right now, i will do it a bit later - today or tommorow.
On the good side, i've finally got to last files of Czech localization and finished it. Here is link (also added to the first post), - thanks Templayer for translation of cross-continent quests related texts. Note, that most part of localization was made automaticly and it might contait errors, such as wrong topics or wrong texts, please warn me if you find any.
Thank you for keeping reporting bugs and suggestions.

Just for others to clarify - my translation was not made automatically, because Google Translate sucks big time for Czech. So I guess I should go fix the automatic parts, because those are going to be wrong in 99.99% cases (might copy paste some hilarious ones, though). There is an enormous gap in quality between for example English <-> Russian automatic translation, and a Czech one.

Phobos wrote:3) By the way, are the rest of the hirelings meant to be included at some point? Like Bard, Duper and Pirate? Or is the effect involving reputation hard to implement?

Diplomacy hasn't been implemented yet I believe, and that would probably be the reason.

orzie wrote:Again, a handful of reports on the MM6 section.

3. Cooking Child: in Free Haven, one of the teacher houses in the Western part of the town features a child, who has a Join option similar to a Cook hireling. Hiring this person doesn't seemingly change anything, but I am playing solo character so can't tell for sure.

Once again, that is a vanilla feature. You can hire children in MM6. For some reason. :D

candida wrote:How can you distinguish a female and male dragon? :D :D

I would tell you but that would be against community guidelines on this forum. :D :D

SpectralDragon wrote:That bloody face.
Image

Why does the Brown Dragon have the best Insanity expression?

You actually managed to scare me. Good job. That doesn't happen very often. :D

SpectralDragon wrote:
Echo wrote:You're back? I was afraid you were going away after that post a week or two ago. Glad to drop by and see you around :) Keep on the dragon works!

To be a bit more useful this time in case you ever looked for more dragon inspirations. This is a wildly different dragon than the original MM ones, but it doesn't get more canon than that. It's from Heroes of Might & Magic 3 :yes:

Then there's also this one, similar to Escaton dragons for MM8 too:

Rust dragon for just some small design changes:

And the good ole Azure Dragon:

I'm always taking effort in checking what's happening here, thus when I'm off, I'm just silent or working. And no worries, that Gold Dragon is coming, I'll just give Rodril and other coders some more time before getting it in (it isn't even complete by this point), since there's already a nice bunch of stuff to get in like Zombie Dwarves, Trolls and headgear. ^^; :D

Thanks for the images, these will be useful. Just mind that these will either take quite a while to be processed or not at all for these reasons:

-> Faerie Dragons have an unfamiliar design compared to others, thus they'd need their own Lich and Zombie versions as well as completely unique voices so that they show that they're their own brand of dragon separate from familiar ones like Browns, Golds, Reds and Blacks. ^^; VERY slim chance they'd manage to get here (as slim as female versions of Minotaurs and Trolls in fact)
-> Crystal Dragons are considered as "golems", thus they won't be able to make into the playable character roost. The most they can be a NPC, like a standard Golem from MM7, only of a Crystal Dragon variety (imagine having one of these protect Castle Harmondale! :D :D :D )
-> Rusts and Azures have the most chance in getting in as "neutral dragons", since what they only need are different voice alterations and some unique voices of their own, but like I've said before, I'll first let Rodril sort out the mess with voices and other paperdolls/characters before continuing. He's just one person after all. ^^;

I can do the voice stuff, like always. Which reminds me, the Black Dragon voiceset is next in the production line. :)
Last edited by Templayer on Oct 22 2019, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 486
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 22 2019, 20:27

Templayer wrote:
candida wrote:How can you distinguish a female and male dragon? :D :D

I would tell you but that would be against community guidelines on this forum. :D :D

Don't worry, I answered that for you and even when it comes to their unmentionables, regular reptiles have them tucked in their body anyways. Like Drago from Dragonheart 3 says, "You're making assumptions again." (slaps his crotch twice with his tail) "Armored."

SpectralDragon wrote:That bloody face.
Why does the Brown Dragon have the best Insanity expression?

You actually managed to scare me. Good job. That doesn't happen very often. :D

Haha, thanks, even if you should thank the devs for it. Brown Dragon's looks just as messed up, with YELLOW EYE IRISES even instead of standard red. O_O

SpectralDragon wrote:I'm always taking effort in checking what's happening here, thus when I'm off, I'm just silent or working. And no worries, that Gold Dragon is coming, I'll just give Rodril and other coders some more time before getting it in (it isn't even complete by this point), since there's already a nice bunch of stuff to get in like Zombie Dwarves, Trolls and headgear. ^^; :D

Thanks for the images, these will be useful. Just mind that these will either take quite a while to be processed or not at all for these reasons:

-> Faerie Dragons have an unfamiliar design compared to others, thus they'd need their own Lich and Zombie versions as well as completely unique voices so that they show that they're their own brand of dragon separate from familiar ones like Browns, Golds, Reds and Blacks. ^^; VERY slim chance they'd manage to get here (as slim as female versions of Minotaurs and Trolls in fact)
-> Crystal Dragons are considered as "golems", thus they won't be able to make into the playable character roost. The most they can be a NPC, like a standard Golem from MM7, only of a Crystal Dragon variety (imagine having one of these protect Castle Harmondale! :D :D :D )
-> Rusts and Azures have the most chance in getting in as "neutral dragons", since what they only need are different voice alterations and some unique voices of their own, but like I've said before, I'll first let Rodril sort out the mess with voices and other paperdolls/characters before continuing. He's just one person after all. ^^;

I can do the voice stuff, like always. Which reminds me, the Black Dragon voiceset is next in the production line. :)

Let's first await Rodril in getting the new uncommon Lich and Zombie voices in first (if possible, please?), shall we? :devious:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 22 2019, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
orzie
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 79
Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby orzie » Oct 23 2019, 6:02

Templayer wrote:
orzie wrote:The dispenser does work. Yet, the original game was designed in the way that the player normally doesn't reach it. In this modification, food is no longer a problem and the option to buy food from taverns is useless.

1. That is in vanilla (I am currently playing vanilla MM6).
2. Um, I got there in the first 30 minutes of my first playthrough through MM6, so the "player normally doesn't reach it" makes no sense to me personally. On the other hand, I have OCD. CLICK EVERYWHERE! :D

Of course, in vanilla the dispenser does work. What I meant is that the developers probably never meant that it can be reached without the Fly spell (just like the house on the second story of the bank building). It's the people who found the exploit. So, at least you would need to hire a Wind Master for that matter (as well as to get away from the location, if Gate Masters are on holidays).

With Widowsweep berries lying around in great amounts, being sold in many shops, etc., the amounts of food never drop low, so neither the tavern food option, nor the cook hirelings make any sense. In the vanilla game, at least sometimes I had to plan my trips and visit that tavern in the desert to refresh the food stock.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 486
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 23 2019, 6:12

orzie wrote:With Widowsweep berries lying around in great amounts, being sold in many shops, etc., the amounts of food never drop low, so neither the tavern food option, nor the cook hirelings make any sense. In the vanilla game, at least sometimes I had to plan my trips and visit that tavern in the desert to refresh the food stock.

I´d be grateful for this option still if I were you, since even with greater amount of reagents/herbs lying around you never know when can stuff go abysmally wrong, especially if you decide to hang around the world you picked until you ultimately "complete" it (or rather win the story of that world) and honestly, I wish that the horror stories involving the lack of food in vanilla games don´t happen in this mod. Verdant also says that she was supposed to monitor 3 groups of heroes, but accidentally erased 2 of them, thus it makes sense why would there still be "seemingly senseless" food-related options like this: they´re supposed to be for that group instead of yours, which would be "locked" in that world with no chance to travel between them. Just saying. (shrug)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 23 2019, 6:13, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
fanasilver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Oct 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby fanasilver » Oct 23 2019, 10:43

Hi guys,
I am an old M&M player since 2001 when I was in Primary school. Almost 18 years passed and I am thrilled to have MMMerge here as a new life is given to the series and I truly believe that this merge should be the best game of the year.

Upon some quick test I have formed my party and will start in Enroth. Detailed bug report to be followed.. And with a quick question, do we have Expert & Master Alchemy and Armsmaster in Enroth already? I heard that Free Haven might hold one or two, but am not sure.

raekuul
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 70
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby raekuul » Oct 23 2019, 10:51

Free Haven holds both the Expert (Lawrence Aleman) and Master trainer (some housed NPC up by Carlo Tormini) for Armsmaster. I haven't looked too closely for Alchemy but I believe an Expert trainer can be found in Castle Ironfist and the Master can be found up at Castle Stromgard
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 38
Joined: 14 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby candida » Oct 23 2019, 15:15

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:
candida wrote:How can you distinguish a female and male dragon? :D :D

I would tell you but that would be against community guidelines on this forum. :D :D


You misunderstood my question. Dirty guy :D :D

What I meant was:

Are the dragons in MM8 world male or female, for instance?

Or gender neutral, the new trend :D
Last edited by candida on Oct 23 2019, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 486
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Oct 23 2019, 15:22

candida wrote:You misunderstood my question. Dirty guy :D :D

What I meant was:

Are the dragons in MM8 world male or female, for instance?

Or gender neutral, the new trend :D

I´d say Dragonettes (medium rank of "shooter Dragons") are she-dragons. All others are males, if you ask me, that is (except Great Wyrms, for these I have no idea. These could be either. (shrug)) and as for Dragons you get as playable characters ... yesh, males too.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Oct 23 2019, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
justl
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 145
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby justl » Oct 23 2019, 15:36

orzie wrote:
Templayer wrote:
orzie wrote:The dispenser does work. Yet, the original game was designed in the way that the player normally doesn't reach it. In this modification, food is no longer a problem and the option to buy food from taverns is useless.

1. That is in vanilla (I am currently playing vanilla MM6).
2. Um, I got there in the first 30 minutes of my first playthrough through MM6, so the "player normally doesn't reach it" makes no sense to me personally. On the other hand, I have OCD. CLICK EVERYWHERE! :D

Of course, in vanilla the dispenser does work. What I meant is that the developers probably never meant that it can be reached without the Fly spell (just like the house on the second story of the bank building). It's the people who found the exploit. So, at least you would need to hire a Wind Master for that matter (as well as to get away from the location, if Gate Masters are on holidays).


i doubt these were meant as exploits, as you can read here: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16614
i dont know if the document is still online, but i made pictures to it and put it at https://filehorst.de/d/cdpEtAyj

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 979
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 23 2019, 20:27

orzie wrote:
Templayer wrote:
orzie wrote:The dispenser does work. Yet, the original game was designed in the way that the player normally doesn't reach it. In this modification, food is no longer a problem and the option to buy food from taverns is useless.

1. That is in vanilla (I am currently playing vanilla MM6).
2. Um, I got there in the first 30 minutes of my first playthrough through MM6, so the "player normally doesn't reach it" makes no sense to me personally. On the other hand, I have OCD. CLICK EVERYWHERE! :D

Of course, in vanilla the dispenser does work. What I meant is that the developers probably never meant that it can be reached without the Fly spell (just like the house on the second story of the bank building). It's the people who found the exploit. So, at least you would need to hire a Wind Master for that matter (as well as to get away from the location, if Gate Masters are on holidays).

Errr... you can actually find a secret scroll of flight by clicking on one of the walls of the buildings (I think it was the bank building?) in New Sorpigal. And that is not an exploit. Pretty easy to find, actually.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 979
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 23 2019, 20:40

fanasilver wrote:Hi guys,
I am an old M&M player since 2001 when I was in Primary school. Almost 18 years passed and I am thrilled to have MMMerge here as a new life is given to the series and I truly believe that this merge should be the best game of the year.

Welcome!
Be sure to check out the Tracker!
(quite a few people here lamented not reading the Tracker before starting to play, so they didn't for example know about the Character Creation Unlocker that lets you play as any race class combo on any continent, which is an optional thing to download, etc.)

I was very young when I pirated (it's not as if it was possible for me to buy it back then...) a copy of MM6 from my uncle. It took 12 hours to make an image from an official cd with proper subchanneling that enabled me to burn bad sectors purposefully. The copywrong check then checked if bad sectors were in the specific physical spots on the burned cd, and since they were, the game thought the disc wasn't a pirate copy (it was a Czech version). A "cracked cd" if you will. Oh those were the days. My uncle still has a 600 pages long Czech manual for the game, and that booklet is a BEAST.

Which reminds me that I should send the original developers a letter with money. The one major middle-finger I can give to publishers that usually take 95%, or in the case of older games - nothing goes to the people who actually made the game. Just pirating games and sending money to the people that deserve the money as gifts. :D :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 979
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Oct 23 2019, 20:42

@All Bug Catchers
There are some posts with bugs that I haven't pushed to the Tracker yet, do not worry, I have them perma-opened in side tabs, I will get myself to do that eventually. Quite a hectic week.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
orzie
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 79
Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby orzie » Oct 24 2019, 8:00

Errr...

Please read carefully. The meant exploit is in the fact that no one needs that said Fly scroll. The NWC Dungeon is reachable with simple mouse look+clicking.

Personally, I never knew about the hidden Fly scroll, and it does not work with Knights anyway.

The fact that a player can bring only more or less 10000 gold from the dungeon and low amount of high quality items there may suggest that the dungeon was meant to be visited at early stages of the game. But, what is really important is that this is just one more thing that currently ruins the game food balance, which I pointed at in several messages already. It's cool to have the dungeon as an optional one-time boost (say, 10000 gold and 50 food), but currently it can be used repeatedly forever to get money and food, if the player has enough patience to do so. So, I suggest doing something with the dispenser sometime, and probably with the gold chest, too.
Last edited by orzie on Oct 24 2019, 8:12, edited 3 times in total.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests