Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby alekssandros » 13 Oct 2019, 15:51

Not sure to understand xD But I posted that it's solved with a Clean re-install

By the way I didnt updated, I installed a new win in an empty HDD
Last edited by alekssandros on 14 Oct 2019, 14:55, edited 4 times in total.

Kiruha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kiruha » 14 Oct 2019, 12:57

About Warlocks promotion quest and Baby Dragon - this is neat, but I think that Adult dragon should be removed permanently from hirelings after you add him to your party - if you dismiss him then, he will be in Adventures Inn anyway, and again in hirelings for some reason.
Last edited by Kiruha on 14 Oct 2019, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 14 Oct 2019, 15:07

Are you going to fix monks? Imho they're not too strong and there's no need to divide their skills between dark and light promotions.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Oct 2019, 18:49

@Templayer
Welcome back! ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 15 Oct 2019, 17:14

Jezebeth Noir wrote:Are you going to fix monks? Imho they're not too strong and there's no need to divide their skills between dark and light promotions.
Monk is the strongest character in MM7, albeit the most egoistic. He always has the highest hit points + enough spell points to heal himself, sometimes others.
With GM learning, he's always levels ahead of dumb knight (basic learning) + same gm body building.
Plus double weapons (unarmed+staff), comparable with double handed axe damage of ranger + double armor (dodging+leather), avoiding missile attacks.

My level 65 monk inflicts 140-160 damage with a below average staff without hammerhands.

Ninja and master are quite different paths. One has more specialized in magic, the other one more in utilities, so the default setting are correct imo.
Last edited by candida on 15 Oct 2019, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 16 Oct 2019, 07:59

candida wrote:Ninja and master are quite different paths. One has more specialized in magic, the other one more in utilities, so the default setting are correct imo.
Ok, monks are strong, but mastery in stealing and disarming are practically useless specializations. Thus, the dark monk promotion is just weaker than its light counterpart.
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 16 Oct 2019, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Oct 2019, 08:30

Mirondor wrote:Can i make a wish for further patches, please? :)
Is there any way to change the attack button be turbo immediately?
Now it takes time after first click to begin hit constantly, which makes one mad if he has a high attack speed.
It depends on key press delay set up in the system. I wrote it down.
Mirondor wrote:Another future the game misses a lot (in my opinion) is ajustable hotkeys for spells.
Is it possible to implement them?
Should be fantastic. Casters could combine spells like stun mob than cast an attack spell, or paralise than cast an attck spell ect... Now it is nearly impossible in real-time mode because you have no hotkeys for that.
I'm planning a second quick spell. Not sure about the details of how to do it best yet.
qtish wrote:
Kaikhorus wrote:After rescuing the elemental lords and Escaton is destroyed, if you had a Loyd's Beacon placed in Escaton's Palace/Plane Between Planes etc. you can go and talk to him in his throne room still. One solution might be to lock his door once the MM8 questline is over? I'm sure it's tough to do anything about people going back if they had a beacon set.

I'm think this is in vanilla too, but I can't remember if I ever tried it out there.
100% in vanilla. Abused it many times.
The whole place is supposed to be destroyed. I don't think I'll do it in the patch, but in the Merge it can be fixed by turning it into an easter egg.
Thonkerton wrote:Edit Ps. It also seems like the game doesn't behave nicely with OBS push-to-talk regardless of mouse or keyboard bindings, regardless of fullscreen or windowed, it'd be nice to have a workaround or a fix for that too for streaming the game :yes:
What key is push-to-talk assigned to? What happens?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 16 Oct 2019, 09:13

GrayFace wrote:
Thonkerton wrote:Edit Ps. It also seems like the game doesn't behave nicely with OBS push-to-talk regardless of mouse or keyboard bindings, regardless of fullscreen or windowed, it'd be nice to have a workaround or a fix for that too for streaming the game :yes:
What key is push-to-talk assigned to? What happens?
I tried Mouse 3, 4, numpad 7, ö, k and §, none work. Basically when the game is focused and I'm recording/streaming using OBS and have it set to use Push-to-talk key, the key is never registered as active when MM is the active screen, only when I click or tab out of it.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 16 Oct 2019, 12:39

GrayFace wrote:
qtish wrote:
Kaikhorus wrote:After rescuing the elemental lords and Escaton is destroyed, if you had a Loyd's Beacon placed in Escaton's Palace/Plane Between Planes etc. you can go and talk to him in his throne room still. One solution might be to lock his door once the MM8 questline is over? I'm sure it's tough to do anything about people going back if they had a beacon set.
I'm think this is in vanilla too, but I can't remember if I ever tried it out there.
100% in vanilla. Abused it many times.
The whole place is supposed to be destroyed. I don't think I'll do it in the patch, but in the Merge it can be fixed by turning it into an easter egg.
This should totally be done if you ask me. :D I´m all too glad in revisiting Plane Between Planes even if it would be just an easter egg. :D :D

In the wake of both videos I saw of how MMMerge works when it comes to Dragons (at least) that were made by Altered Gamez, I´ve returned in order to commentate about some stuff and well, this one is pretty much for everyone. You pals can see both videos here:
https://youtu.be/oA_ocVo5RCs
https://youtu.be/nPmHiOkWdHc
Rodril wrote: :gong:
According to what I˙ve saw in those 2 videos, the Dracolich´s "blink" animation has been placed on the wrong expression/portrait and vice versa. The "blink" portrait for it (number 13) is supposed to be this one:
while in the video it˙s shown that the game/mod sees this one (which is numbered as "19" aka standard "moving head" animation) as "blink" instead:
while in the same vein the standard "moving head" animation is reversed. I hope this little annoyance (to me at least) is much easier to fix than it is implementing customized voices (both English and localized ones) for uncommon Liches and Zombies (which can both have all voice variations according to their race, depending which variation is either turned into a Lich or Zombie) in there ... and I´m very sorry that this is the most I can do when it comes to helping you. If I˙d known how stuff like that work, then I˙d try my hand in this myself, especially in the wake of new headgear incoming, as you probably saw in Content Implementation Queue. ^^; Hope to hear ya there as well as here and thank you as well as GrayFace for everything you both do. :) :hug: :hug:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 16 Oct 2019, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 16 Oct 2019, 13:53

Just in case you people wouldn˙t be mad if Gold Dragon´s expression portraits don˙t look like the paperdoll itself when it comes to spike positions and horns and whatnots, here is the official HoMM III Gold Dragon image:

Those bloody facial spikes are being just so problematic to add ... -.-;;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 16 Oct 2019, 14:28, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 16 Oct 2019, 15:44

So we have a clean-shaven and neatly-trimmed gold dragon. It's still one more character than we had before. Thank you for your work ^^

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 17 Oct 2019, 04:38

raekuul wrote:So we have a clean-shaven and neatly-trimmed gold dragon. It's still one more character than we had before. Thank you for your work ^^
More like a younger version of one if you ask me, but yesh, I ain´t getting into bloody nestled head spikes thing again, sorry. Black Dragon was enough bother with it as it was. ^^; That aside, thank you ... and I promise you, it might not be as clean shaved as you think he might be. :tongue:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 17 Oct 2019, 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 17 Oct 2019, 15:21

Jezebeth Noir wrote:
candida wrote:Ninja and master are quite different paths. One has more specialized in magic, the other one more in utilities, so the default setting are correct imo.
Ok, monks are strong, but mastery in stealing and disarming are practically useless specializations. Thus, the dark monk promotion is just weaker than its light counterpart.
I fail to understand why disarming is useless.... 8|

If you don't use a thief, the next available for disarming is ranger (e) or monk (apart from MM8 dark elf).

Stealing on the other hand is also useful if you don't want to fight tolberti or you have no money at the beginning of the game..

IMO, monks must do meditation (who else!?), but giving them more would make them too powerful (they are already close to invincibility due to GM learning and body building).

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 17 Oct 2019, 16:19

candida wrote:I fail to understand why disarming is useless.... 8|
Because all you need to disarm any trap is an enhanced ring or amulet, of course.
Stealing on the other hand is also useful if you don't want to fight tolberti or you have no money at the beginning of the game..
There's no stealing in this mod. :)

IMHO, expert magic skill is still nothing. Mages begin from the master level.
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 17 Oct 2019, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Oct 2019, 17:37

Kiruha wrote:About Warlocks promotion quest and Baby Dragon - this is neat, but I think that Adult dragon should be removed permanently from hirelings after you add him to your party - if you dismiss him then, he will be in Adventures Inn anyway, and again in hirelings for some reason.
Added to the Bug Tracker. You have been added to the Credits section under Bug Catchers.
Pol wrote:@Templayer
Welcome back! ;)
At this point I should get "I'm Back!" as a custom title. :D
Jezebeth Noir wrote:
candida wrote:Stealing on the other hand is also useful if you don't want to fight tolberti or you have no money at the beginning of the game..
There's no stealing in this mod. :)
Because it is not implemented yet. So if we were to balance a class based on the lack of an unimplemented skill, we would have to balance it back when the skill gets finally implemented.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 17 Oct 2019, 17:38

Thanks for the wonderful development.

Sorry for not being able to read the thread, it seems to be quite active lately. So, probably some of my reports are old news.
I might still be able to post here from time to time, hope this helps.

Currently playing the latest build (upd. 22.09 + merge patch 8.10 + MMPatch 2.4), starting with Enroth.

Bugs/inconsistencies found so far:
  1. 0. Some of the messages related to the guilds are unchanged from the original MM6, so people mention skills from the vanilla game instead of actual ones.

1. In Castle Ironfist, the Expert Shield instructor (located in the outskirts of the town near Expert Plate and Expert Chain) tells that his services cost 2000 gold, but charges 1000 instead.

2. Phirna Root from MM6 can be eaten (I am playing solo Knight so I can't tell if it increases mana or not). Phirna Root from MM7 cannot be used that way. Widowsweep Berries from MM6 and MM7 work in the same way: they can be eaten and give 1 food to the party.
    • However, MM6 Widowsweep berries are called "Widoweeps berries". Yes, I know that it was like that in MM6, but, well. :)
    3. The Seer, if asked for lost quest items, gives you a white connection gem (even though I already have a charged one in the backpack).

4. The hireling system surely needs some work (thanks for it anyway). If you have a spellcasting hireling in a second slot, choosing the "cast spell" dialogue option triggers the dialogue start with another hireling in the first slot, because the portrait is located just under it. Sometimes it's not even possible to use the Town Portal because the window opens and closes fastly in favor of the new dialogue. Avoidable by pressing carefully in the edge area of the clickable zone so that the first portrait is not clicked, but very uncomfortable.

5. Probably well-known, but people giving the player membership in guilds have their messages broken when the player presses the respective dialogue options for the first time. It's hard to tell if it's already clicked or not.

6. Probably a feature of MMPatch, but there is no clear explanation of mouse look mechanics (toggled to vanilla mouse click mechanics by Caps Lock button). I had a good while of trying to guess what was doing wrong when I tried to select my hirelings.

7. In cases when the magic animation is played for character portraits and there is only one character in the party (for example, when the party dies), the animation is also played over the second empty character slot.
A suggestion: it's very strange to have duplicate effect body armors from different sequels of the game. All hard work with fitting armor to new dolls goes to dust, especially with low-level armors. It would be cool to have them differentiated at least by +1 armor class point per each so that the player had chances to spend at least some time with each armor worn.
Last edited by orzie on 17 Oct 2019, 17:59, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Oct 2019, 17:46

PS: The Czech translation for the Merge has been completed a long time ago. I sent it through email to Rodril, but he hasn't responded. So now I sent it through a PM here as well. You can check it out on the implementation queue on the Tracker.

Took me a bloody day to translate the riddles so that they would rhyme and work decently enough in Czech. :-S

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Oct 2019, 17:48

orzie wrote:Thanks for the wonderful development.

Sorry for not being able to read the thread, it seems to be quite active lately. So, probably some of my reports are old news.
I might still be able to post here from time to time, hope this helps.

Currently playing the latest build (upd. 22.09 + merge patch 8.10 + MMPatch 2.4), starting with Enroth.

Bugs/inconsistencies found so far:
  1. 0. Some of the messages related to the guilds are unchanged from the original MM6, so people mention skills from the vanilla game instead of actual ones.

1. In Castle Ironfist, the Expert Shield instructor (located in the outskirts of the town near Expert Plate and Expert Chain) tells that his services cost 2000 gold, but charges 1000 instead.

2. Phirna Root from MM6 can be eaten (I am playing solo Knight so I can't tell if it increases mana or not). Phirna Root from MM7 cannot be used that way.

3. The Seer, if asked for lost quest items, gives you a white connection gem (even though I already have a charged one in the backpack).

4. The hireling system surely needs some work (thanks for it anyway). If you have a spellcasting hireling in a second slot, choosing the "cast spell" dialogue option triggers the dialogue start with another hireling in the first slot, because the portrait is located just under it. Sometimes it's not even possible to use the Town Portal because the window opens and closes fastly in favor of the new dialogue. Avoidable by pressing carefully in the edge area of the clickable zone so that the first portrait is not clicked, but very uncomfortable.

5. Probably well-known, but people giving the player membership in guilds have their messages broken when the player presses the respective dialogue options for the first time. It's hard to tell if it's already clicked or not.

6. Probably a feature of MMPatch, but there is no clear explanation of mouse look mechanics (toggled to vanilla mouse click mechanics by Caps Lock button). I had a good while of trying to guess what was doing wrong when I tried to select my hirelings.

7. In cases when the magic animation is played for character portraits and there is only one character in the party (for example, when the party dies), the animation is also played over the second empty character slot.
A suggestion: it's very strange to have duplicate effect body armors from different sequels of the game. All hard work with fitting armor to new dolls goes to dust, especially with low-level armors. It would be cool to have them differentiated at least by +1 armor class point per each so that the player had chances to spend at least some time with each armor worn.
Added to the Bug Tracker and you have been added to the Credits tracker as a Bug Catcher.

For the suggestion - check the tracker in my signature. Items have been differentiated by values by putting them into tiers and such. It is not all implemented yet.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 17 Oct 2019, 18:02

orzie wrote: A suggestion: it's very strange to have duplicate effect body armors from different sequels of the game. All hard work with fitting armor to new dolls goes to dust, especially with low-level armors. It would be cool to have them differentiated at least by +1 armor class point per each so that the player had chances to spend at least some time with each armor worn.
Check the tracker, there is already an entire system in place for that. It just awaits implementation. Probably will be done when all the armor from all 3 games is in. Same goes for all the other categories of gear too. You can see this already implemented with weaponry.
Last edited by Xfing on 17 Oct 2019, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 17 Oct 2019, 18:03

Thanks. I added a little bit of info in the message above, didn't notice the reply at first. Don't know if I will have some chances to keep eye on bug trackers constantly though, much sorries. Moreover, it's damn heavy to load as a webpage.
2. Phirna Root from MM6 can be eaten (I am playing solo Knight so I can't tell if it increases mana or not). Phirna Root from MM7 cannot be used that way. Widowsweep Berries from MM6 and MM7 work in the same way: they can be eaten and give 1 food to the party.

However, MM6 Widowsweep berries are called "Widoweeps berries". Yes, I know that it was like that in MM6, but, well. :)
Another comment is related to Widowsweep berries. Their effect is too valuable compared to making potions from them (1 HP red potion in vanilla vs. 1 party food). Don't know if that's intended, but one of the effects might need to go anyway, or regulated so that I cannot get party food beyond some point, at least.
Last edited by orzie on 17 Oct 2019, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”