Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby raekuul » 11 Oct 2019, 12:35

It's not a sound effect or a popup. It's just a status message, like the "you feel high magic presence here" message.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 11 Oct 2019, 16:09

Xfing wrote:
candida wrote:
Xfing wrote:
Probably not a good idea. The point here is to make the course of the game whatever you want it to be, so restricting the freedom to move between the continents even further would harm the experience IMO. Also, Lloyd's Beacon is something you need to work really hard to get, keep that in mind.
Well, I politely disagree. 10 GM Water Magic is quite easy to get (something around Level 20 25 max), nothing special. In MM7, my Druid was already 7 Master around level 18-20 (where the game is still challenging due to Nighon tunnels).

After level 30, the game becomes quite easy and after 40, there is no difficulty at all and you can play like FPS, given the fact that 99% of the players have fly spell.

I am not saying that traveling across continents should be entirely removed, but it should be limited one way or another. Current system allows the player to wreak havoc across continents. With a real monster bolstering and further limitations and difficulties, everything might become more interesting, I think.
You seem to be forgetting that in the merge the GM spells cannot be bought in shops (nor can the highest Master spells). So it'll take you quite a while before you can even have Fly, not to mention Lloyd's Beacon.
I'm afraid you're not correct.

There is a master air guild in tulerean forest in Antagarich. And it has invisibility and fly. The only thing you have to do is getting air magic master level 7 (piece of cake).
And air magic master instructor is just next to it, in avlee.

Kiruha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kiruha » 11 Oct 2019, 19:56

candida wrote:There is a master air guild in tulerean forest in Antagarich. And it has invisibility and fly. The only thing you have to do is getting air magic master level 7 (piece of cake).
I reloaded many times and I never got Fly from Forest. Best place for master spells is Free Heaven

Gatlin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gatlin » 12 Oct 2019, 03:28

Thonkerton wrote:
Gatlin wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before, I just found out about this merger a few days ago and am very new here. I tried searching for a resolution but found none, so I created an account.

I am at the point with Verdant where she wants me to snag chippings from the frames inside the elemental planes. So, I zipped over to Jadame, and it happened to put me on Dagger Wound Island, so I went ahead and flew on in the earth plane. I tried smacking the frame from every which angle, with blasters, bows, swords, tridents, and bare fists, to no avail. The quest log mentions finding the chipping near the frame, so I searched high and low, ultimately clearing the entirety of the dungeon and checking every chest along the way. I even zoomed in the mini-map and had wizard eye running to make sure I didn't overlook any hot spots... but still no chipping.

I'm stumped. Is this a bug? Did I do something wrong?
You just need to enter the gates to visit all 4 planes and that's it. Might be that just teleporting to the plane works, haven't tried it. You should get a sound effect or at least a small text indicating that you collect a shard upon entering the plane, there's nothing else needed to do for that.
Oh heck, well thanks!! I definitely missed the sound effect cuz I had the volume down (was playing at work LOL) and I probably just missed the message cuz I knew there were enemies directly ahead and started blasting away. Much appreciated!!

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Oct 2019, 09:12

Kiruha wrote:
candida wrote:There is a master air guild in tulerean forest in Antagarich. And it has invisibility and fly. The only thing you have to do is getting air magic master level 7 (piece of cake).
I reloaded many times and I never got Fly from Forest. Best place for master spells is Free Heaven
Because you don't get Fly there, like I said the 10th and 11th spells are restricted to the GM guild in the Merge

plookey78
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby plookey78 » 12 Oct 2019, 09:44

So i installed this mod and started mm6 with it but i cant click on some npc dialog, like the first npc who gives you gold in the tawern has just one dialog that works, the "quest" and "letter" dialog are clickable but nothing happens. Anyone can help me with this problem or is this somehow intended?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 12 Oct 2019, 10:56

You have to reinstall mod carefully following instructions when installing Grayface's mmpatch: uncheck all falgs which mention MM678 merge.
Last edited by Rodril on 12 Oct 2019, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 12 Oct 2019, 11:35

Xfing wrote:
Kiruha wrote:
Because you don't get Fly there, like I said the 10th and 11th spells are restricted to the GM guild in the Merge
How's that work, when MM8 didn't have GM guilds in the first place?

Kiruha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kiruha » 12 Oct 2019, 12:01

raekuul wrote: How's that work, when MM8 didn't have GM guilds in the first place?
in MM8 i think that there is only one GM elemntal guild on Regna island. Anyway, it's better to go to Free Heaven for shopping. Also you could get Armagedoon spell book as loot from dragons, from Darkmore Castle in MM6 or buy it in MM7 in Pit. About Divine Intervention - you can get it in Pit, also you can get it from obelisk treasure in MM6
Last edited by Kiruha on 12 Oct 2019, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 12 Oct 2019, 12:22

Xfing wrote:
Kiruha wrote:
Not correct, I got it there. If it's really intentionally restricted, it doesn't work.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 12 Oct 2019, 12:27

UPDATE
Just a couple of my suggestions (also available in Templayer's Tracker).
Thanks for commenting / rejecting / giving feedback.

Making Emerald Island Accessible All The Time
I think it would be quite useful because unless your characters learned staff there, there is no chance until the pit or celeste + for the integrity (like Dagger Wound Island in MM8), some side quest would be nice (kill the dragon, bring the XXX from the dragonfly, etc.)....

Adding Sounds for Rough and Snow
As the merge is based on MM8, there is no sound while walking on snow and rough terrain (Tatalia, Deyja, etc.), I think it can be copied from MM7. And there is no sound neither on grey terrain (mountains) in Jadame, nor on sand (Ironsand Desert)

Artifacts and Relics from Monsters
I am of the opinion that artifacts and relics should be only on the ground or in chests, not “inside” dragons or titans. Furthermore, no artifacts or relics from ores (from the yellow ore, it is possible to make an artifact in Erathia).

Temple Donation
It is related to reputation, but in any case, it should not give hour of power for low levels or the beginning IMO

Town Portal to Stone City?
It’s quite a city and should be accessible via Town Portal IMO (via Nighon tunnels or from Harmondale, it’s a real hassle)

Krewlod town in Antagarich
That would be very difficult to add, but a new town of barbarians would be great (it’s a shame that HOMM3 Stronghold is not represented in MM world.
Templayer: There is a guy that already works on that.

Music in MM8 Jadame
Music in Jadame does not follow a correct and noticeable pattern at all (like in 6 and 7), furthermore some tracks do not really fit in the maps they are played (very eery one in Alvar which is a rich merchant city, the same as in Plane of Earth, Dark Dwarven Compound, Abandoned Temple). Or the same music in Murmurwoods & Ogre Fort and Ravenshore & Plane of Air… It would be nice to “assign” tracks to particular maps, with distinction of outdoor and indoor, maybe some music from MM9 or Heroes can be used but I don’t know how to change it per map instead of replacing the mp3 in the game folder?

New Skills All the levels can be of course discussed, I roughly classified them

1- Pathfinding : Shortens the traveling time on foot (no accumulating effect, only the highest skill level is applicable), skill can be learned from stables or taverns
Basic: 1 Less Food - Thief, Dark Elf
Expert: Traveling time reduces by 1 day - Druid
Master: Traveling time reduces by 2 days - Troll
GM: Traveling time reduces by 3 days - Ranger, (maybe Dragon)

2- Logistics: Increases the accessibility of destinations, skill can be learned from stable, havens or taverns
Basic: +1 new destination (price 3X higher than normal)
Expert: +1 new destination (normal price)
Master: +2 new destination (normal price)
GM: All destinations accessible every day via stables or havens from each town

3- Navigation: Shortens the traveling time by vessel (no accumulating effect, only the highest skill level is applicable), skill can be learned from taverns, havens or water magic guild. That would be also very useful and interesting with transcontinental ships maybe after a while (like the way Charles Quixote came from Erathia to Garrote Gorge)?
Basic: Skill reduces the cost of navigation -
Expert: Traveling reduces by 1 day - Cleric, Sorcerer, Necromancer
Master: Traveling reduces by 2 days - Dark Elf
GM: Traveling reduces by 3 days, other continents accessible - Knight and Paladin?

4- Mysticism: Spell point regeneration, analogous to Regeneration, skill can be learned from magician shops or guilds
Basic: Minotaur, Ranger
Expert: Archer, Paladin, Vampire, Dark Elf
Master: Sorcerer, Cleric, Necromancer
GM: Druid and Dragon

5- Estates: Gives gold per day, learn skill from Catherine or Elf King or Merchant Guild or even the banker himself (skill should be accumulating), kind of interest on the bank account, not the "take away" money
Basic: 10 gold per day - Archer, Paladin (or based on X% percentage)
Expert: 25 gold per day - Cleric, Dark Elf, Minotaur
Master: 50 gold per day - Knight
GM: 100 gold per day - Vampire

6- Eagle Eye: Gives the hero a chance to learn spells cast by enemy spellcasters in battles (as long as it fits with the spell skill, dark and light excluded), learn skill from magician shops
Basic: Chance to learn casted spells from 1st level - Paladin, Monk
Expert: Chance to learn casted spells from 2nd level - Dark Elf, Archer, Vampire
Master: Chance to learn casted spells from 3rd level - Cleric
GM: Double effect - Druid, Sorcerer, Necromancer

7- Scouting: Less damage from missile attacks and spells, skill can be learned from instructors
Basic: Druid, Paladin
Expert:Knight, Monk, Minotaur, Thief
Master: Archer, Dark Elf, Troll
GM: Ranger, Dragon

Female Minotaurs and Trolls?
Would be nice to create paperdolls for them

Town Portal and Lloyd’s Beacon
There should be a limit of casting these spells per day (maybe 3x in M level, 4x in GM level) to prevent temple and pedestal collecting.
In Jadame, town portal does not work for Shadowspire or Garrote Gorge (IMO, they are big enough to be accessible via TP) and the town portal map has enough space for them

Different Types of Peasants in Jadame
By: candida
Alvar doesn’t have guards and only male peasants, Ravenshore only female

Rodril wrote:ping
Last edited by candida on 13 Oct 2019, 19:33, edited 14 times in total.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 12 Oct 2019, 14:15

candida wrote:Mysticism: Spell point regeneration, analogous to Regeneration, learn skill from magician or guilds
Imho, it's what the meditation should do, in addition to bonus SP.

plookey78
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby plookey78 » 12 Oct 2019, 15:08

Rodril wrote:You have to reinstall mod carefully following instructions when installing Grayface's mmpatch: uncheck all falgs which mention MM678 merge.
Alright, reinstalled and so it seems like i didnt install the merge patch which i thought i didnt actually need since it wasnt mentioned in the install instuctions.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Oct 2019, 15:54

candida wrote: Not correct, I got it there. If it's really intentionally restricted, it doesn't work.
It used to work just fine - you wouldn't get Fly and Starburst in the Alvar guild and have to wait until Regna until you got them. The Regnan guild in MM8 was cut content, but it was restored for the Merge. No idea why they got rid of it in the base game, it has an implemented shop animation and all. Maybe they thought restricting the best spells until Regna was overkill? Anyway, I think it was a pretty good decision to restore it in the merge. If you really can get Fly in Alvar, then I believe it's a bug and Rodril needs to take a look

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 12 Oct 2019, 16:09

Xfing wrote:
candida wrote: Not correct, I got it there. If it's really intentionally restricted, it doesn't work.
It used to work just fine - you wouldn't get Fly and Starburst in the Alvar guild and have to wait until Regna until you got them. The Regnan guild in MM8 was cut content, but it was restored for the Merge. No idea why they got rid of it in the base game, it has an implemented shop animation and all. Maybe they thought restricting the best spells until Regna was overkill? Anyway, I think it was a pretty good decision to restore it in the merge. If you really can get Fly in Alvar, then I believe it's a bug and Rodril needs to take a look
I think you've misread my post. I got it in TULEREAN forest, not in Alvar.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 12 Oct 2019, 18:31

candida wrote:Just a couple of my suggestions
Emerald Island
Unless it was actually used for some quests, I don't see why staff learning should be changed by adding the entire island, I'd assume it's easier to just add it to Weapon stores or Temples (since it's Monk-ish/ascetic stuff). Emerald Island certainly has a lot of empty area for potential use.

Artifacts and relics
Don't really see the point of this nerf, especially since most artifacts and relics are rarely the best gear available, especially if using Bolster, then they become a lot worse. A result of this change is likely something you suggest against which is that monsters would drop actually good gear since their drop table isn't filled with Artifacts and Relics. A possibly more useful change would be to change item tables for high level chests to contain less useless garbage, currently you might need to empty the entire chest so the actually nice stuff can appear when you open it the second time, making chests quite the chore to loot through.

Krewlod in Antagarich
Not quite exactly what you mean but there's already at least two ogre fortresses, though new areas would always be cool. Adding new classes seems a bit excessive as there's already 10 starting classes and 5 "class races", all of which are yet to be properly balanced. Also, Battle Mage is already thing, it's just called Warrior Mage. Some new Promotion options might be nice though, like one of the hybrid classes being able to focus on a single spell school in order to be able to Master/Grandmaster it. Similar to how there's monsters Archer and Fire Archer.

New Skills
Pathfinding, Navigation and Mysticism seem nice skills just as you describe them. As I understand, currently Meditation gives mana regeneration, making it even more no-brainer to stack up, it'd also allow for some needed distinction between classes by having some classes have more mana pool while others would replenish mana faster and to further balance classes. As such I wouldn't give GM Mysticism to Dragon, which is already a flying machine of death.
Estates seems like an interesting idea with perhaps some alterations, rather than giving a static amount of gold, it could be a capped proportional gain over time to gold stored in the banks, with only highest skill counting for amount of gold gained over time. Something like 50 gold per day seems far too excessive considering how you could just spam Resting in taverns for cheaper than that. The amount of interest gained in banked money could be balanced out with similar profits one could gain from doing the trade routes, though obviously less money than actual trading goods to still have trading goods be feasible option. Also while it would fit Dark Elf, with current setup I think Dark Elf already has more than enough useful skills to Grandmaster and Master to a point that you don't really need any other class for utility skills and pretty comfortable at taking over Air Magic utilities. Dragons are also already overpowering so don't see why they'd get GM, especially since Estates is decidedly a civilization based skill. Dragon wealth is more based on the fact that they can just go and take it, not from clever investments.
Eagle Eye
Seems interesting but not very useful unless you really go out of your way to gather the spells just to save the money on the books. Getting the low to mid tier spells is pretty simple and no creature really casts the higher end spells you'd need to look for like utility spells. Similar effect could be added to ID Monster to make it more useful.
Scouting
This seems pointless as view distance is already a setting in the options and even then it's mainly to remove the annoyingly low sight range when flying rather high up, it wouldn't really give any utility. Removing the setting from options and also changing the bow range and monster range would add some utility, but it'd also make the game more bow kiting than it already is, having reduced damage from missile attacks even more so. As with other ones, Dragon getting another GM is eh.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 13 Oct 2019, 02:12

@Rodril
The helmets are finished. Spectraldragon did all the painting (of which she did a great Job) except four of the minotaur's helmets. I did helms 2-5 of the minotaur's and ported all of them into the merge. Here are the images. Image
David

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 Oct 2019, 09:51

Darn, these helmets sure could use a neural upscale for resolution :D

Excellent job on them btw, many thanks for that <3

Minos though... I would personally be for making them an option, turned off by default :P
Last edited by Xfing on 13 Oct 2019, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 13 Oct 2019, 14:36

Xfing wrote:Darn, these helmets sure could use a neural upscale for resolution :D

Excellent job on them btw, many thanks for that <3

Minos though... I would personally be for making them an option, turned off by default :P
I believe they are turn off by default and even if they were not and any one who does not like them just don't wear it. :D
Thanks for the complement.
David

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Oct 2019, 14:44

SpectralDragon wrote:
Xfing wrote:Not sure how to feel about minos being able to wear them tho, that's a bit of a reach :p
Just a bit, he's, but hey, gotta have use for these crowns even in late/end-game if you ask me. How many people did decide to keep a crown on their character/s instead of a helm at lategame/endgame if the crown isn't an artifact or a relic? ^^;
I did in MM7, because since all my party members were rulers of Harmondale, I wanted everybody to have a crown. :D
Figo wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Well, at least I don't use crowns on ones that can have all headgear on their head, since in my experiences of playing all games, both crowns and helms had the same enchantment pool. Only difference is that crowns have an artifact and a relic, in MM6 that is (since we have at least one artifact/relic helm in MM7 together with the relic crown + relic hat and in MM8, we have an artifact helm and crown all the same. Might be outdated knowledge here) ...
DaveHer wrote:@all
Speaking of crowns and hats, I never used them because they did not provide any armor protection just random enhancements. Where as helmets provide armor protection and random enhancements. So why wear a hat. Just to look pretty. Not in a game. But I fix that by going into the ITEMS.txt file and then I scrolled down to crowns and hats. Then I went over to the right to the two columns Mod 1 and Mod 2. Then put a number on each and you have armor protection for hat and crowns as well as random enhancements (You do not have to put a number on both). The game will add the two numbers and that’s the amount of armor protection you get. I Did this to all my MM games. Now I wear hat and crowns and get amor protection and look pretty too. :-D :D :oex: This is optional too.
David
Maybe instead of giving crowns and hats extra AC (anyway that hat could only provide protection from rain ;) ) increase their enchantment pool. That could give players some kind of choice to wear helmet with AC and lesser enchantment or crown with better enchantment.
Added to the Suggestion Tracker.
alekssandros wrote:Guys, I change PC and W7 to W10... Just finished to play perfectly and them I go in again and the Grafics changed I dont know why T_T

Before this was seen with the HD-UI

Now it sucks... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

link me to the solution please or tell me how is tagged
This link has an essey on Windows 10 from an Ex-employee of Microsoft and should be mandatory for anyone "upgrading" to Win10 (which in actuality is pretty much uninstalling the previous operating system without deleting files and installing a new one, using some of the files. Win10 has such a different core it shouldn't be considered as a newer version of Windows 7.... like most people think it is. The marketing expert behind that is a genius...)
Last edited by Templayer on 13 Oct 2019, 14:46, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Return to “Might and Magic”