Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kiruha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Kiruha » 08 Oct 2019, 14:13

candida wrote: As for relics, they have very little effect in higher levels, plus there is little difference between a two handed axe of the gods and amuck (but huge price difference).
Relics and artifacts are cool for mages - they stack with each other. I have a cleric with 10 in body magic - she has + 20 bonus from items and a Lich with 20 dark magic - he has + 40 bonus from items. For fighters, I think the most usable is the swift ones, they help characters to get to 30 recovery cap - important for some slow classes like clerics to be fast enought. Also swift artifacts is usable for low level bow users, because they recovery time is not so good. The swift artifacts or the swiftness are unique, because you can't get regural items with this effect and they are powerful because of that
Last edited by Kiruha on 08 Oct 2019, 14:20, edited 2 times in total.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 08 Oct 2019, 14:34

Is there some setting or method to limiting CPU usage of the game? Seems that it just always maxes out 1 thread for no apparent reason. I can only assume that there's no vsync or frame cap of any kind causing this but I can't be sure as Nvidia control panel nor Rivatuner was able to do anything (or I was inept at using the softwares). It's not really a big issue but the game clearly doesn't need a single thread maxed out all the time from i7 4790K to run perfectly fine

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Oct 2019, 15:06

Figo wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Well, at least I don't use crowns on ones that can have all headgear on their head, since in my experiences of playing all games, both crowns and helms had the same enchantment pool. Only difference is that crowns have an artifact and a relic, in MM6 that is (since we have at least one artifact/relic helm in MM7 together with the relic crown + relic hat and in MM8, we have an artifact helm and crown all the same. Might be outdated knowledge here) ...
DaveHer wrote:@all
Speaking of crowns and hats, I never used them because they did not provide any armor protection just random enhancements. Where as helmets provide armor protection and random enhancements. So why wear a hat. Just to look pretty. Not in a game. But I fix that by going into the ITEMS.txt file and then I scrolled down to crowns and hats. Then I went over to the right to the two columns Mod 1 and Mod 2. Then put a number on each and you have armor protection for hat and crowns as well as random enhancements (You do not have to put a number on both). The game will add the two numbers and that’s the amount of armor protection you get. I Did this to all my MM games. Now I wear hat and crowns and get amor protection and look pretty too. :-D :D :oex: This is optional too.
David
Maybe instead of giving crowns and hats extra AC (anyway that hat could only provide protection from rain ;) ) increase their enchantment pool. That could give players some kind of choice to wear helmet with AC and lesser enchantment or crown with better enchantment.
I am not planning on putting AC on crowns and hats. I made that post to show that if a player wants it, they can do it them self. Like I did. :)
David

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Oct 2019, 16:14

Patch link have been updated. Glitch with disappeared Roland have been fixed: https://mega.nz/#!GvIhXaQQ!eGRud8EceE6A ... un0dLd8uxE
Jezebeth Noir wrote:If there's no way to change the chronicle, depending upon the start continent, maybe it make sense to completely rewrite it, drawing on the new questline?
History tab is fixed in next update (20.10.2019).
candida wrote:2- Bolstering is not really bolstering. Giving a lizardman 267 hit points (or making peasants tougher have not really any effect) and keeping Titan at 617 HP doesn't make a difference at all.
Is it possible to enable it for high level creatures too?
If even increaseing bolster amount to 200% does not make it hard, try to edit bolster formulas in "Data\Tables\Bolster - formulas.txt".
Thonkerton wrote:Is there some setting or method to limiting CPU usage of the game?
I don't know. Never paid attention to that.
Kiruha wrote:Looks like Sharry is bugged and stuck in my hirelings - I can't get rid of her. Maybe somene has some ideas?
Send me your savegame, please.

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 08 Oct 2019, 17:30

DaveHer wrote:
candida wrote:
candida wrote:
Just hopped from Antagarich to Jadame via "high magic presence" area with level 61 characters (before colony zod, max skill point 10, unused approximately 200 points per character).

1- I think it would be better to cancel Lloyd s beacon between continents (or simply remove that spell entirely and replace it by something else?)
It makes Verdants quests and tips useless. There is no motivation to search for magic areas or collect dimension door scripts and it enables unlimited hopping, making the game ridiculously easy, especially in high levels. It's better to limit it or can it be bound with adverse effects (like Verdant says: mostly safe, but not always)? Like 1 per month (2nd would be a spell fail or some bad effect) might be also a good idea...

3rd option is disabling llyodd beacon without affecting low level spells for GM level, is it possible?
Yes just go into the Class Skills.txt file in the tables folder. "E=expert M=master G=grandmaster" replace the G with M. You must use GrayFace Text Editor. :) This option will affect all water spells.
David
My question was to change it WITHOUT affecting low level water magic spells
rodril wrote:

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Oct 2019, 20:18

candida wrote:My question was to change it WITHOUT affecting low level water magic spells
I can not answer right now, need to recheck reference manual. Probably it is possible to split lloyd beacons between continents, just not sure if it is easy enough to complete till next update.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Oct 2019, 22:39

candida wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
candida wrote:

3rd option is disabling llyodd beacon without affecting low level spells for GM level, is it possible?
Yes just go into the Class Skills.txt file in the tables folder. "E=expert M=master G=grandmaster" replace the G with M. You must use GrayFace Text Editor. :) This option will affect all water spells.
David
My question was to change it WITHOUT affecting low level water magic spells
rodril wrote:
I do not think that's possible. All water spell are connected to E,M, and GM. But GrayFace Or Rodril can answer that.
David

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 09 Oct 2019, 10:35

Possible to get MM9 Characters please :D ?
Some Dragon Armor ? :D

With this patched that was released yesterday is the Helmets/Crowns from MM6 in now ?

Thanks.

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 09 Oct 2019, 15:01

Guys, I change PC and W7 to W10... Just finished to play perfectly and them I go in again and the Grafics changed I dont know why T_T

Before this was seen with the HD-UI

Now it sucks... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

link me to the solution please or tell me how is tagged
Last edited by alekssandros on 09 Oct 2019, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Oct 2019, 15:14

UnknownHuman wrote:Possible to get MM9 Characters please :D ?

With this patched that was released yesterday is the Helmets/Crowns from MM6 in now ?

Thanks.
No you will have to active it. Find the file Character doll types.txt in the table folder. And place an "x" on number 2 (which is minotaurs) under helm to active it. :) All of the MM7 and MM8 hat, crowns, and helms for the minotaurs have not been done yet. For MM6, all hats and crowns have been made and the helms are almost finished. I do not think that they are in the patch.
David

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 09 Oct 2019, 15:29

alekssandros wrote:Guys, I change PC and W7 to W10... Just finished to play perfectly and them I go in again and the Grafics changed I dont know why T_T

You're running it with the software renderer instead of hardware rendering, you can change that by running mm8setup.exe
edit. Or the update to W10 messed up graphics drivers
Last edited by Thonkerton on 09 Oct 2019, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 09 Oct 2019, 15:42

Thonkerton wrote:
alekssandros wrote:Guys, I change PC and W7 to W10... Just finished to play perfectly and them I go in again and the Grafics changed I dont know why T_T

You're running it with the software renderer instead of hardware rendering, you can change that by running mm8setup.exe
When I change that the image just stretches but I cant get the UI looks like this again

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 09 Oct 2019, 15:43

DaveHer wrote:
UnknownHuman wrote:Possible to get MM9 Characters please :D ?

Thanks.
No you will have to active it. Find the file Character doll types.txt in the table folder. And place an "x" on number 2 (which is minotaurs) under helm to active it. :) All of the MM7 and MM8 hat, crowns, and helms for the minotaurs have not been done yet. For MM6, all hats and crowns have been made and the helms are almost finished. I do not think that they are in the patch.
David
Ok thanks for the answer, will wait for everything to be done :)...
Thanks for all work being done.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 09 Oct 2019, 15:44

Well this was unexpected. I don't know what exactly caused this, in the game I've finished 7 and 8 (just completed 7 and returning to train), few minutes ago I toggled on Bolster Monsters at 20% to add some challenge to 6 and try out the Bolster. Don't know what else might cause this behavior.

Figo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Figo » 09 Oct 2019, 17:08

alekssandros wrote:
Thonkerton wrote:
When I change that the image just stretches but I cant get the UI looks like this again
Which version of the GrayFace patch did You install? The newest one?
Also check the graphics options for Your new card (for new PC?) - something connected to stretching mode.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 09 Oct 2019, 17:28

Thonkerton wrote:Well this was unexpected. I don't know what exactly caused this, in the game I've finished 7 and 8 (just completed 7 and returning to train), few minutes ago I toggled on Bolster Monsters at 20% to add some challenge to 6 and try out the Bolster. Don't know what else might cause this behavior.
Was there a bounty hunt in Celeste for the Obsidian Gargoyle? Bounty hunts will cause the selected monster to spawn in the area for easier hunting.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 09 Oct 2019, 17:38

Phobos wrote:
Thonkerton wrote:Well this was unexpected. I don't know what exactly caused this, in the game I've finished 7 and 8 (just completed 7 and returning to train), few minutes ago I toggled on Bolster Monsters at 20% to add some challenge to 6 and try out the Bolster. Don't know what else might cause this behavior.
Was there a bounty hunt in Celeste for the Obsidian Gargoyle? Bounty hunts will cause the selected monster to spawn in the area for easier hunting.
There is no town hall or place to do bounty hunting in Celeste at least that I'm aware of, and if there is, I never did it in Celeste. I did bounty hunting elsewhere much much earlier but I don't recall any Gargoyles.

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 10 Oct 2019, 00:42

Figo wrote:
alekssandros wrote:
Thonkerton wrote: You're running it with the software renderer instead of hardware rendering, you can change that by running mm8setup.exe
Also check the graphics options for Your new card (for new PC?) - something connected to stretching mode.
I upgrade all the files. Merge, mergepatch and GFpatch and still get this

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 10 Oct 2019, 02:20

@Alekssandros

Change your MM8 program's compatibility mode to WinXP (Service Pack 3)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Oct 2019, 07:09

alekssandros wrote:
Figo wrote:
alekssandros wrote: When I change that the image just stretches but I cant get the UI looks like this again
I upgrade all the files. Merge, mergepatch and GFpatch and still get this
You need to run it as admin too.

Return to “Might and Magic”