Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Butcer » 29 Sep 2019, 14:28

Rodril wrote:
Butcer wrote:Re applied the patch, still same. After overwriting with the file you posted and re applied greyface patch clicking fire expert on Isao Magistrus just crashes the game without giving me the error message it gave me before
Put this file into same folder: https://mega.nz/#!amJgEQIL!uSrZZ5Hyaimo ... tM7Yznfwss
Should be fixed now, thank you.
Its fixed :)

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 29 Sep 2019, 14:50

Was wrong about humans. Now they're really good sorcerers and necromancers for doing all the job alone. Great work!

What's the difficulty of promoting necromancers to master necromancers? Is it possible to realise it on my own? Or at least to make my necromancer a master necromancer via some codes or save editior?
Templayer wrote:And you can edit classes too. I am going to transmute existing classes to different ones with different skills upon my LP. Archer -> Templar
I'd recomend to promote archers to snipers (Gelu was a sniper before choosing the dark path), and snipers to arcane knights and dreadfull knights, for example. Isn't Templars a kind of paladins?
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 29 Sep 2019, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2019, 17:33

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Well, the first one looks like a different point of view on the same dragon, just with more details.
Remember that the MM6 NPC an monster sprites were made from 3D models, and those were somewhat limited at the time. (still awesome enough, though! :D )

Awesome! SORCERER SUPREME! :D

Now that our one dedicated artist is working on item repaints, it might be worth to finally implement (and us to find bugs) in Sower's code for visually wearable gloves and gauntlets. :P
Hyea, with antlers for horns, more colors, a big tooth and whatnots, thus I don't know exactly if I should get that detailed like in Heroes III sprite or keeping it minimal like in MM6 one. What do you say? ^^;

Now imagine a Minotaur Lich with that hat. I'm sorry, but I'd DIE LAUGHING. :D :D :D

Not all items though, just MM6 hats and helmets (as I don't know if there are missing MM7 ones and I'm missing all MM6 crowns. (facepalms for days))and after said hats and helmets I'll go for the Gold Dragon, this yeah. ^^;
More details would be my choice. That is what the devs would do, given the ability and time restraints.
Please continue making hats for minotaurs. :D
You can always get the LOD files (those are basically not unlike zip or rar files), open then up via MMArchive / LODArchive, extract everything into a folder, and then manually sort through in Windows Explorer. :D (that is what I am doing to get resources) Since as you have said the Merge ones have bad palettes, you can still use the archiver on a vanilla lod archive, thus you get the proper ones. It's not that hard, but finding what you are looking for does take time.
Kaikhorus wrote:After rescuing the elemental lords and Escaton is destroyed, if you had a Loyd's Beacon placed in Escaton's Palace/Plane Between Planes etc. you can go and talk to him in his throne room still. One solution might be to lock his door once the MM8 questline is over? I'm sure it's tough to do anything about people going back if they had a beacon set.
I'm think this is in vanilla too, but I can't remember if I ever tried it out there.
I'll add that to the Bug Tracker.
Emjayen wrote: In fact, a good heuristic to identify a project that will fail is mention of such middle-ware (along with focus on superficial topics regarding pretty pictures, references to specific APIs and/or libraries) as this is characteristic of very amateur developers, frequently with no actual background in software engineering, let alone the very specialized domain of gamedev.
Heh. I thought I was the only one who thought that. Thus my facepalming at the "easy" part.
Projects like these take a lot of time and effort.
Kinox wrote:
Templayer wrote:See my response please.

Also if you just make a post here on the thread with a bug, or a suggestion, and say that you wish for it to be in the Suggestion Tracker, I will add it there myself.
Since it isn't a problem for me...

EDIT: So for example if you only want to report a single small bug or something like that, and don't want to let the Tracker load in the background for a few minutes while you do something else (for some reason. I do not know, I multitask to the maximum, so I have always a but-tload of things to do) just put it here in the thread and I will add it there myself.
If it is a suggestion and you DO want to have it in the Suggestion Tracker, mention it in the post, and I will add it there.

I feel very sad when people call my child slow. :S
I see.

Well, another problem I'm having is that editing (plainly, writing!) directly in the google doc takes much longer than in any other text editor I could be using; so thank you for the transferring activity you're doing here: I think It'll be relevant to my case.
I just wonder, I have DOZENS of bugs I've been collecting (before* and after the last update of MMMerge), if you don't mind I start writing them down here in the forum instead? It's a lot of stuff!! — I also happen to have some few new suggestions in the process of bug catching. So, do you mind, if I start doing all this stuff directly in this thread? 8|

I'm sorry for that, but don't forget it is OUR child; :D he/she needs help.

*those I'll have to review/retest before posting of course.
Google Docs works fine for me. I can write as fast as I can here on the forum. I do have a 40 Mbps (= 5 MB/s) upload speed though! :D
As long as you post those bugs in a single post and not split them into a bazillion posts, and inside that post the bugs and suggestions will be split, I am OK with that.
Jezebeth Noir wrote:Was wrong about humans. Now they're really good sorcerers and necromancers for doing all the job alone. Great work!

What's the difficulty of promoting necromancers to master necromancers? Is it possible to realise it on my own? Or at least to make my necromancer a master necromancer via some codes or save editior?
Templayer wrote:And you can edit classes too. I am going to transmute existing classes to different ones with different skills upon my LP. Archer -> Templar
I'd recomend to promote archers to snipers (Gelu was a sniper before choosing the dark path), and snipers to arcane knights and dreadfull knights, for example. Isn't Templars a kind of paladins?
You have no idea how happy you have made me by saying that. I am so glad that I've balanced humans properly!
For the Archers - promotions are going to go like this - Templar, High Templar, AchTemplar.
Similarly for other classes.
Templars are usually a kind of a paladin, yes, but in my head cannon - Cleric + Knight = Paladin; Sorcerer + Knight - Archery = Templar :D :D

@All
Multilingual new Lich and Zombie voiceset variations have been finished! Now I just have to render the video showcasing them and upload the packages.
Butcer wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Butcer wrote:How do i travel from enroth (mm6) to mm7 and mm8? I dont want hints , i want to know how to do it without any hassle or cryptic nonsense
Check the Tracker in my signature, there is a spoiler guide for that there.
i cant find it, just tell me please
As I have already told you, the Tracker is in my signature. That is the text added at the end of my every post. You should really read it before you start playing. It has a lot of useful information.
It is HERE :down: :down: :down:
Last edited by Templayer on 29 Sep 2019, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2019, 17:40

Butcer wrote:
raekuul wrote:I get that from time to time. I'm just in the habit now of always saving before talking to skill trainers, since it doesn't happen consistently.

Also, can you wrap your crash traceback in code tags please? It'll make it easier to read.
New to this forum sorry i dont know how to :S, been playing the mm merge im stunned of just how bugfree it has been. Only encountered one major bug and that is there was no evil crystal in temple of evil fist, been playing for hours i expected this to be alot buggier so yeah kudos for an awesome job.
Thanks! Added to the Bug Tracker.
I have been trying to tell people that the game is stable, because some people (based on the rather recent crash reports) think it is unstable and bug-ridden, which isn't true. And given how fast Rodril solves some crashes....

I will add you to the list of Bug Catchers in the Credits Section on the Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2019, 18:23

@All

If somebody reported a bug (perhaps one that was solved right away by Rodril and thus wasn't on the Bug Tracker, for example) and isn't in the Credits section of the Tracker, please tell me.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 29 Sep 2019, 19:00

Templayer wrote:More details would be my choice. That is what the devs would do, given the ability and time restraints.
Please continue making hats for minotaurs. :D
You can always get the LOD files (those are basically not unlike zip or rar files), open then up via MMArchive / LODArchive, extract everything into a folder, and then manually sort through in Windows Explorer. :D (that is what I am doing to get resources) Since as you have said the Merge ones have bad palettes, you can still use the archiver on a vanilla lod archive, thus you get the proper ones. It's not that hard, but finding what you are looking for does take time.

"bazillion"
Got it, Chief. After hats, helms and crowns ... detailed Gold Dragon! :devious: :devious:
Which I certainly will. Them bullheads do need SOME protection, right? (aside the obvious goofy stuff, that is ... :tongue: )
One, only crystals from the Merge you sent me are super messed up due to this thing (and GrayFace sent me proper ones a while back anyways ^^; ) and second, no worries, DaveHer sent me MM6 crowns. He did say that he'll take a crapload of time to make them eligible for the game, thus he suggests that first I do hats, helms and crowns, then do another project that will take a a heck of a long time and only after that continue on other stuff, thus yeah. Helms, hats and crowns first, then a Gold Dragon and after that ... Ancients know. And yes, sorry about that turn of events, Xfing, but such is the way with things. Importing items into the game isn't as easy as you imagine. ^^;

Nice number. :tongue: :D :D :D
Rodril wrote: :gong:
Do you wish me to take images of how would hats, helms and crowns I didn't make yet look like when positioned on their respectable paperdolls just so you can see how do I imagine their positions?
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 29 Sep 2019, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 29 Sep 2019, 19:05

Templayer wrote:@All
Multilingual new Lich and Zombie voiceset variations have been finished! Now I just have to render the video showcasing them and upload the packages.
I bloody hope they're fulfilling these 2 conditions:
-> they're for EVERY SINGLE LOCALIZATION of this mod
-> They're each grouped into their respective language folder AND their respectable race folder inside such language folders.

Don't wish anyone to get a headache from having to sort 9K+ voice files aside sorting them, assigning them to their numbers and portraits and all ... and that's without saying assigning Zombie ones to UNDEAD RACE as well. :| o-o

I believe in you both, Rodril and GrayFace.
Yes?

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 29 Sep 2019, 19:40

Templayer wrote:Google Docs works fine for me. I can write as fast as I can here on the forum. I do have a 40 Mbps (= 5 MB/s) upload speed though! :D
As long as you post those bugs in a single post and not split them into a bazillion posts, and inside that post the bugs and suggestions will be split, I am OK with that.
Way to go.
Sure, I can put the information this way. Thanks.
Now I need time for organization. XD But at some point I'll be posting here.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2019, 21:04

SpectralDragon wrote:
-> They're each grouped into their respective language folder AND their respectable race folder inside such language folders.

Don't wish anyone to get a headache from having to sort 9K+ voice files aside sorting them, assigning them to their numbers and portraits and all ... and that's without saying assigning Zombie ones to UNDEAD RACE as well. :| o-o

I believe in you both, Rodril and GrayFace.
Of course the files are carefully sorted. Unlike the LODs.
First it is Liches or Zombies.
Then a folder for each language in both,
then voiceset names for each language (Vampire Liches etc.).
Ghost Dragons are inside the Zombies folder (and inside language folders there), because that is what they are internally.

Localizations used: Spanish, Polish, German, Russian, French. Those are the ones I was able to get from the first post.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2019, 21:12

Kinox wrote:
Templayer wrote:Google Docs works fine for me. I can write as fast as I can here on the forum. I do have a 40 Mbps (= 5 MB/s) upload speed though! :D
Way to go.
Sure, I can put the information this way. Thanks.
Now I need time for organization. XD But at some point I'll be posting here.
Organize away! :D

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 29 Sep 2019, 21:18

BUGS

No voice sound
In the Training Hall of Daggerwound Island,
if try to buy basic Skill there and have no money, there is no voice sound — I don't remember this habit in MM8.

Simon Templar still in a hurry…
The bug I've originally identified in MM8 was fixed in Patch 2.4. But 'partially'.
Indeed, there is no more error message when when you enter in the Temple of the Snake in turn-base mode and Simon Templar appears;
also, now he has a speech when you say "NO" or when you say "YES" but the party is full.
However, any one of those speeches you cannot read properly: as they vanish instantaneously (as well as Simon Templar, who goes in a hurry to the Adventurer's Inn).

5th chat option is hidden in house(s)
Apparently, there is no space for a 5th chat option in Teachers' houses, as those Teachers now can also promote Peasants characters into new Classes.
It occurs that, when you have the Quest of the yellow fever epidemic active, for example, the house of Master Armsmaster at Daggerwound Island would need a 5th chat option in order to allow Become Ranger if you have a Peasant character in your party. This chat option will be unavailable and will vanish while you have that Quest active; before taking the Quest, and after completing the Quest, the chat option for the Ranger (re)appears.
I suspect this 5th chat option issue could affect anything in the game; must be watchful for a general fix maybe; revise the mechanics/UI of it.

Strange Training cost differences for Races and Classes?
From all characters at Level 1, Training to Level 2, I've noticed (at Daggerwound Island Training Hall) that certain Classes (e.g., Peasants, Knights) or certain combinations of Classes+Races (e.g., Elf Thief, Goblin Sorcerer, etc.) are, apparently, for no reason, 1 Level LESS expansive for Training than certain Classes (e.g., Vampire, Dark Elf, Minotaur, etc.) or than certain combinations (e.g., Dark Elf Priest, Minotaur Priest, Human Priest, Human Necromancer). I don't know what would be the normal price. I just think those differences are strange: as it is plausible that Peasants (and maybe Knights? of any race?) should be the only cheapest characters to train. I just don't get the logic; I think there is something wrong in the prices.

Missing voice
Dwarf Female with default squeaky voice apparently missing 1 of her daylight-hello-speeches.

Profecies of the Sun
The Quest Item is not disappearing when you complete the Quest at Murmurwoods. The NPC tells you he wants the book, but you keep it. This is wrong; it wasn't like that in MM8. Note: I had no Cleric nor Priest on my party — but that shouldn't happen anyways; it's a bug.

Cauri Blackthorne is lost!
The Promotion Quest can be terribly screwed up (maybe only after a Map Reset?) if you unstone her statue BUT cancel the chat (with Esc) before you Promote. She will eventually be in the Adventurer's Inn anyways, but even if you travel with her later on, no one will recognize you have found her. :canthear: There should be a proper solution for this issue sometime; it's vanilla stuff probably.

Diagonal walk glitch at Ogre Fortress's walls
Try to walk next to the external long walls of the Ogre Fortress, looking at about 45º towards them (pressing towards them) in Ravage Roaming. You'll see through the walls another set of walls as if you were inside and not outside. Very glitchy.

Cronos, wrong text
It says +100 HP, but actually it's givin +100 Endurance.
Last edited by Kinox on 29 Sep 2019, 21:23, edited 4 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2019, 21:20

Rodril wrote:*Requires a Czech translation for content that wasn't in vanilla, like the Breach*
What charset should I use? I need to use Czech-only symbols (diacritics). The one we (at the job) are all using is simply unicode - UTF8. So that we do not have to go though any hassle. If you want me to save the file in some other encoding, please tell me. Otherwise you will have to convert it yourself to whatever you need.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 29 Sep 2019, 22:57

SUGGESTIONS

Making Randomized Recruits go to the Adventurer's Inn
Can you make so that — as in MM8 mechanics, at least for how it works for most of its Recruits — whenever you tell "YES" to a Randomized Recruit to Join your Party and he/she replies that your Party is full (because it is), he/she goes nonethless to the Adventurer's Inn?

Retroactive and Cumulative/Accumulated bonuses of the pilgrimage Shrines in Enroth continent
I don't know how it is working now… But, what if the pilgrimage Shrines of MM6 (which are already Cumulative, year by year: i.e., let's say, Shrine of Might: +10 Mig in first pilgrimage, then +3 Mig for any future ones), were actually Retroactive, so that, if you happen to miss or skip the month of the year for it (or even many years of it), the time you succeed at pilgrimage, you get the current bonus plus all that you might have missed, Retroactively? For example, you started the game in Jadame, but you only arrived in January 1174 in the Shrine of Might of Enroth; 2 years of pilgrimage lost. But, isn't this a Time Travelling storyline? What if, when you do this first pilgrimage later, the bonus you get is +10+3+3 = +16 Might, instead of just +10 Might?

Reset Systems for Maps and Shops? VISITING EVENT × SCHEDULED
Remember the Town Hall in New Sorpigal? The clerk tells you that the resources for the shops arrive every Tuesdays. This was mostly never really true, as the Resetting system for the game engine works not like the Boats and Coaches (i.e., Scheduled), but by Visiting Event (the first time you open a shop on visiting it), or the first time you visit a Map Region, or a Dungeon Map. This "Visting Event" system for the Resets of Shops AND Maps made the game quite more complicated than necessary in my opinion; sometimes making the player having to note down specific information about his 'own-made Visiting Events' (both of Maps and Shops); also, this Visting Event mechanics implied that, in order to obtain the most profit of Shops and Maps, concerning Resets/Respawns, there was a logical way to focus the starting of the game in 'rushing around the world', to be 'there' (to generate Visiting Events) as soon as possible. It's funny of course how this affects gameplay for certain players (like me!); but it's also very annoying if you start to considering that, a simple feature like that, made the game a lot more exploitable even though complicated in some sense.
I don't know if anything has been changed about the systems of Resets of Maps/Dungeons and Shops. But as an experienced player, I'd strongly suggest an 'upgrade' from 'VISITING EVENT' systems to 'GENERALIZED SCHEDULED' systems. In order to compensate for this change (as it is also possible to exploit this system somehow anwyays), Resets (especially of Shops) could take a bit longer than usual, or even quite longer. The fact, anyways, is that it seems logical that a Shops receives its products scheduled by the logistics/trade time, and not 'YOUR TIME'!

Add in-game information about Random Recruits
I'm still not quite sure what governs the Random Recruits timings and availability; as I cannot find information anywhere (not in the Tracker, not in-game). As much as I know, those Random Recruits can appear (or even not appear) in certain Training Halls and Inns, probably whenever you enter the Map in the first time; and there seem to have a chance of a respawn that might take something like about 1 month; I'm not sure, but I think I've seen it.
It would be nice if there was some tips chats/messages/informations in the game talking about the reality of those Recruits.

Randomization of Recruits affected by already-took Portraits feature?
Wouldn't it be nice if the Randomizing Recruits NEVER used the Portraits of the Characters you've created already, or that have already Randomly spawned or already Recruited? Look, I've started a game with only one character in Enroth; then I was eager to see my Random Recruit who might have spawn at the Training Hall at New Sorpigal… I was so frustrated it was a character with the SAME PORTRAIT of my main character. I just gave up that game. :( Sad. Maybe one day this kind of thing could be avoided? (Yes! I am one of those 'traumatized' people, by MM8 Recruits with all same Portraits multiple times! :D )

Fix minor speech mechanics in houses? maybe one day…
There is something really annoying in this game engine, generally speaking, which is that, sometimes (or always?), even without selecting the portrait of a NPC in a house to chat with, certain of his/her chat options are actualised as if you have already talked to them, by just entering and leaving the building, and entering again. This happens very clearly with the Daggerwound Island Town Hall NPCs. It is a bit more subtle, but I think also happens with every single Teacher greeting speeches in the houses of Jadame. This is vanilla stuff of course; dumb 'AI'.

'Monster' characters HUE variation: minimally improving issue of Portraits (expected) repetitions
Is it possible to have, like, Lich Portrait hue variations, for minimal aesthetics differentiation between those monster characters which have very little original variation (e.g., Male/Female), despite the fact that the game (MM7 and especially MM8) allowed you to have multiple of those fellows in your Party?
Of course, Liches is just the most symbolic example! I think the same situation applies to Zombies, Trolls, Minotaurs and Dragons (but Dragons have benefited already from whole new Portraits [incredible new Portraits btw!] :applause:)
The idea of hue variation might be just a very crude alternative, in addition to other greater stuff.
Last edited by Kinox on 29 Sep 2019, 23:12, edited 8 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Sep 2019, 08:32

Let me say this again: humans with +1 to all misc skills are NOT balanced. Because of this there is no reason to play the following classes with any other race than human:

Thieves (GM Armsmaster, ID Item, Merchant, master Alchemy, Bodybuilding). You basically don't need another utility class for anything.

Sorcerers: (GM Alchemy, Meditation, Learning, ID Item, ID Monster), basically the MM8 Liches who have taken over everything Druids have to offer.

Paladin: GM Bodybuilding + Master Armsmaster = basically equals the combat proficiency of the Troll and/or Minotaur, while also outdoing Vampires at being casters thanks to Master Meditation.

Archer: Master in Bodybuilding, Meditation, Armsmaster, GM at Learning. No reason to play a dark elf over a human archer basically

The list goes on and on. Other races would require other meaningful buffs to even make playing these classes worthwhile, but there is nothing that can even remotely match a +1 level to misc skills across the board - considering that caster classes already have access to GM in magic as it is. I would rethink this, humans are not "balanced" now, they're "the only sane choice" for pretty much any class I can think of.

There should be one of two purposes for the racial skills adjustments, which i'm not sure can be reconciled.

One: encourage the player to think and make smart choices for race/class combos to min/max their character. This option was not that well received by Rodril as he was for example afraid that Minos with nerfed Leather would make slightly crappier Monks. According to this vision, this would be an acceptable concession - Minos are simply not cut out to be monks and that's it.

Two: Create slight variations in a manner that doesn't impact the core functionality of any class, but gives them distinct flavors, encouraging the player to try different combos. For example a human Knight has master in Mace, Axe and expert in dagger. He could get +1 to one of these skills based on race (like say, troll, dwarf, vampire respectively), maybe a small penalty to another to compensate. Humans could have +1 to Sword for instance, as it'd the knightly weapon of choice, benefitting paladins and thieves the most, but also the classes normally stuck at Expert. Slight bonuses like this - to one or two skills maximum - could encourage this kind of trying other races for certain classes. If designed well, this should make any race viable for any class. The expected exceptions will probably not be unlocked in the base game to try, like troll sorcs for example. That's not really something that would realistically happen.
Rodril wrote:ping
What do you think?
Last edited by Xfing on 30 Sep 2019, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 30 Sep 2019, 10:18

Xfing wrote:Let me say this again: humans with +1 to all misc skills are NOT balanced. Because of this there is no reason to play the following classes with any other race than human:
Isn't this a completely optional component that the end user has to install separately?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2019, 10:53

NEW VOICESETS FOR MULTILINGUAL LICH AND ZOMBIE VARIATIONS

Video showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_tRFErKdEM

Direct download: http://www.templayer.cz/storage/MMMerge ... player).7z
Ulož.to download: https://ulozto.net/file/oU9xbERCW73b/mm ... mplayer-7z

PS: It also contains one file for the Lich Remaster that I forgot to do in the original package (labelled as such to avoid confusion).

It's just a few files.

PPS: There are like 60 "rogue" SFK files there. I forgot to delete them - those are Sony Vegas wave visualization files, pretty much 2 kB per each. I am not reuploading that whole package to my server and ulož.to again. There is some easy commandline command to delete those I think (something like delete *.sfk in folder and subfolders).
Rodril wrote:"I cannot add the English Zombie and Lich variation voicesets into the Merge because we do not have multilingual equivalents."
Here you go. Also instead of manually indexing those, you could do this dynamically - (except for the Original Remasters) add _lich and _zombie to the files, and since they are otherwise called the same as their normal voices... so if a Minotaur gets turned into a Lich, he gets a voice set that has normal minotaur voice clip names + _lich at the end as a suffix. Or something like that.
Last edited by Templayer on 30 Sep 2019, 11:12, edited 4 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2019, 10:55

raekuul wrote:
Xfing wrote:Let me say this again: humans with +1 to all misc skills are NOT balanced. Because of this there is no reason to play the following classes with any other race than human:
Isn't this a completely optional component that the end user has to install separately?
Yeah, but this is Xfing we are talking about.
Not to even mention that anybody with notepad can easily change that. So it is more of a base template than anything.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2019, 11:33

Kinox wrote:BUGS

No voice sound
In the Training Hall of Daggerwound Island,
if try to buy basic Skill there and have no money, there is no voice sound — I don't remember this habit in MM8.

Simon Templar still in a hurry…
The bug I've originally identified in MM8 was fixed in Patch 2.4. But 'partially'.
Indeed, there is no more error message when when you enter in the Temple of the Snake in turn-base mode and Simon Templar appears;
also, now he has a speech when you say "NO" or when you say "YES" but the party is full.
However, any one of those speeches you cannot read properly: as they vanish instantaneously (as well as Simon Templar, who goes in a hurry to the Adventurer's Inn).

5th chat option is hidden in house(s)
Apparently, there is no space for a 5th chat option in Teachers' houses, as those Teachers now can also promote Peasants characters into new Classes.
It occurs that, when you have the Quest of the yellow fever epidemic active, for example, the house of Master Armsmaster at Daggerwound Island would need a 5th chat option in order to allow Become Ranger if you have a Peasant character in your party. This chat option will be unavailable and will vanish while you have that Quest active; before taking the Quest, and after completing the Quest, the chat option for the Ranger (re)appears.
I suspect this 5th chat option issue could affect anything in the game; must be watchful for a general fix maybe; revise the mechanics/UI of it.

Strange Training cost differences for Races and Classes?
From all characters at Level 1, Training to Level 2, I've noticed (at Daggerwound Island Training Hall) that certain Classes (e.g., Peasants, Knights) or certain combinations of Classes+Races (e.g., Elf Thief, Goblin Sorcerer, etc.) are, apparently, for no reason, 1 Level LESS expansive for Training than certain Classes (e.g., Vampire, Dark Elf, Minotaur, etc.) or than certain combinations (e.g., Dark Elf Priest, Minotaur Priest, Human Priest, Human Necromancer). I don't know what would be the normal price. I just think those differences are strange: as it is plausible that Peasants (and maybe Knights? of any race?) should be the only cheapest characters to train. I just don't get the logic; I think there is something wrong in the prices.

Missing voice
Dwarf Female with default squeaky voice apparently missing 1 of her daylight-hello-speeches.

Profecies of the Sun
The Quest Item is not disappearing when you complete the Quest at Murmurwoods. The NPC tells you he wants the book, but you keep it. This is wrong; it wasn't like that in MM8. Note: I had no Cleric nor Priest on my party — but that shouldn't happen anyways; it's a bug.

Cauri Blackthorne is lost!
The Promotion Quest can be terribly screwed up (maybe only after a Map Reset?) if you unstone her statue BUT cancel the chat (with Esc) before you Promote. She will eventually be in the Adventurer's Inn anyways, but even if you travel with her later on, no one will recognize you have found her. :canthear: There should be a proper solution for this issue sometime; it's vanilla stuff probably.

Diagonal walk glitch at Ogre Fortress's walls
Try to walk next to the external long walls of the Ogre Fortress, looking at about 45º towards them (pressing towards them) in Ravage Roaming. You'll see through the walls another set of walls as if you were inside and not outside. Very glitchy.

Cronos, wrong text
It says +100 HP, but actually it's givin +100 Endurance.
Kinox wrote:SUGGESTIONS

Making Randomized Recruits go to the Adventurer's Inn
Can you make so that — as in MM8 mechanics, at least for how it works for most of its Recruits — whenever you tell "YES" to a Randomized Recruit to Join your Party and he/she replies that your Party is full (because it is), he/she goes nonethless to the Adventurer's Inn?

Retroactive and Cumulative/Accumulated bonuses of the pilgrimage Shrines in Enroth continent
I don't know how it is working now… But, what if the pilgrimage Shrines of MM6 (which are already Cumulative, year by year: i.e., let's say, Shrine of Might: +10 Mig in first pilgrimage, then +3 Mig for any future ones), were actually Retroactive, so that, if you happen to miss or skip the month of the year for it (or even many years of it), the time you succeed at pilgrimage, you get the current bonus plus all that you might have missed, Retroactively? For example, you started the game in Jadame, but you only arrived in January 1174 in the Shrine of Might of Enroth; 2 years of pilgrimage lost. But, isn't this a Time Travelling storyline? What if, when you do this first pilgrimage later, the bonus you get is +10+3+3 = +16 Might, instead of just +10 Might?

Reset Systems for Maps and Shops? VISITING EVENT × SCHEDULED
Remember the Town Hall in New Sorpigal? The clerk tells you that the resources for the shops arrive every Tuesdays. This was mostly never really true, as the Resetting system for the game engine works not like the Boats and Coaches (i.e., Scheduled), but by Visiting Event (the first time you open a shop on visiting it), or the first time you visit a Map Region, or a Dungeon Map. This "Visting Event" system for the Resets of Shops AND Maps made the game quite more complicated than necessary in my opinion; sometimes making the player having to note down specific information about his 'own-made Visiting Events' (both of Maps and Shops); also, this Visting Event mechanics implied that, in order to obtain the most profit of Shops and Maps, concerning Resets/Respawns, there was a logical way to focus the starting of the game in 'rushing around the world', to be 'there' (to generate Visiting Events) as soon as possible. It's funny of course how this affects gameplay for certain players (like me!); but it's also very annoying if you start to considering that, a simple feature like that, made the game a lot more exploitable even though complicated in some sense.
I don't know if anything has been changed about the systems of Resets of Maps/Dungeons and Shops. But as an experienced player, I'd strongly suggest an 'upgrade' from 'VISITING EVENT' systems to 'GENERALIZED SCHEDULED' systems. In order to compensate for this change (as it is also possible to exploit this system somehow anwyays), Resets (especially of Shops) could take a bit longer than usual, or even quite longer. The fact, anyways, is that it seems logical that a Shops receives its products scheduled by the logistics/trade time, and not 'YOUR TIME'!

Add in-game information about Random Recruits
I'm still not quite sure what governs the Random Recruits timings and availability; as I cannot find information anywhere (not in the Tracker, not in-game). As much as I know, those Random Recruits can appear (or even not appear) in certain Training Halls and Inns, probably whenever you enter the Map in the first time; and there seem to have a chance of a respawn that might take something like about 1 month; I'm not sure, but I think I've seen it.
It would be nice if there was some tips chats/messages/informations in the game talking about the reality of those Recruits.

Randomization of Recruits affected by already-took Portraits feature?
Wouldn't it be nice if the Randomizing Recruits NEVER used the Portraits of the Characters you've created already, or that have already Randomly spawned or already Recruited? Look, I've started a game with only one character in Enroth; then I was eager to see my Random Recruit who might have spawn at the Training Hall at New Sorpigal… I was so frustrated it was a character with the SAME PORTRAIT of my main character. I just gave up that game. :( Sad. Maybe one day this kind of thing could be avoided? (Yes! I am one of those 'traumatized' people, by MM8 Recruits with all same Portraits multiple times! :D )

Fix minor speech mechanics in houses? maybe one day…
There is something really annoying in this game engine, generally speaking, which is that, sometimes (or always?), even without selecting the portrait of a NPC in a house to chat with, certain of his/her chat options are actualised as if you have already talked to them, by just entering and leaving the building, and entering again. This happens very clearly with the Daggerwound Island Town Hall NPCs. It is a bit more subtle, but I think also happens with every single Teacher greeting speeches in the houses of Jadame. This is vanilla stuff of course; dumb 'AI'.

'Monster' characters HUE variation: minimally improving issue of Portraits (expected) repetitions
Is it possible to have, like, Lich Portrait hue variations, for minimal aesthetics differentiation between those monster characters which have very little original variation (e.g., Male/Female), despite the fact that the game (MM7 and especially MM8) allowed you to have multiple of those fellows in your Party?
Of course, Liches is just the most symbolic example! I think the same situation applies to Zombies, Trolls, Minotaurs and Dragons (but Dragons have benefited already from whole new Portraits [incredible new Portraits btw!] :applause:)
The idea of hue variation might be just a very crude alternative, in addition to other greater stuff.
Added to the Bug Tracker and Suggestion Tracker respectively.

@All
Also it appears that GrayFace has written a comprehensive illustrated tutorial on Warping on the Tracker!
AND DIDN'T SAY A WORD OF THIS IN THE THREAD! :D :D

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2019, 11:36

SpectralDragon wrote:
Also, why are you asking a person with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder such a question? :D :D

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2019, 12:28

*Towards the end of sickness*
Normal people: *watch TV / Netflix and such*
Templayer: *edits 9000+ files in order for a few people to have a slighly more fun experience playing the Merge.*

:D :D :D

Return to “Might and Magic”