Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 22 Sep 2019, 22:10

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:EDIT 2: Minotaur Zombies and Minotaur Liches have the same default voice. That is the voice for a zombie. I do not think Liches should have a Zombie voice set. :D (I hope my voicesets will get incorporated soon, SpectralDragon is itching to play and she won't until they are. ^_^ ). Dragons have it the other way around - both Dracoliches and Ghost Dragons use the base Lich voiceset.
I'm not sure about new voice sets yet. None of localiztion supports them.
Wait, localized versions of the game/mod also have custom voices of all characters? Dang, talk about Templayer having his work cut out for himself. But yeah, when it comes to new voice sets, I'm in their full support, even for as much of a simple reason as to make sure no Lich and Zombie sounds exactly the same. ^^; In which case, if you're undecided, then you can follow what Templayer said here, like the entire Undead subrace thing (getting the new voices thing into people's hands when it comes to choice, even if they're included):
Templayer wrote:Also a configuration switch would be nice.
CustomVoicesets
0 - only vanilla voicesets (i.e. all male Liches will get the same voice, no matter if human, minotaur or troll...)
1 - Fill in the gaps (new combinations that didn't exist before will have specific voicesets)
2 - Remasters as well (the original zombie and lich voicesets will have their remastered sets)

Default - 1.

Makes the most sense to me.
Thanks for all you do. :hug:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 22 Sep 2019, 22:20, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 22 Sep 2019, 22:36

Templayer wrote:
Rodril wrote:Uploaded a new version
I just recently found out that the Racial Skills are not learned at Character Creation. How do I make certain Racial Skills be learned to normal after the game starts?
No way without coding. But in current update racial skills can be learned directly from skill teachers.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Sep 2019, 05:59

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:I have a bug. When clicking on default while on the Character Creation while a Black Dragon is selected as a paperdoll, stepping on terrain sound effect is heard. If I use an arrow to select a different voices the game crashes:
Probably happens because of voices you did test. In new table, following update, there are 65 voices, you might have used more in "Character portraits.txt" in "DefVoice" column.
Also make sure, you have 10th line in "Character selection.txt" for undead race.
Templayer wrote:EDIT 2: Minotaur Zombies and Minotaur Liches have the same default voice. That is the voice for a zombie. I do not think Liches should have a Zombie voice set. :D (I hope my voicesets will get incorporated soon, SpectralDragon is itching to play and she won't until they are. ^_^ ). Dragons have it the other way around - both Dracoliches and Ghost Dragons use the base Lich voiceset.
I'm not sure about new voice sets yet. None of localiztion supports them.
Templayer wrote:EDIT 3: Trying to view stat screen of a Minotaur zombie got me an error:
EDIT 4: Minotaur Liche seems to be screwed up that he should. Look at the arms!
Quickfix incoming.
edit: links in the first post have been updated.
1. I did not test some new voices, I only applied the unlocker and Racial skills. Character portraits.txt wasn't changed. EDIT: Rechecked and I am correct, I didn't modify it, and it goes up to 65 if DefVoice. Yet in-game it gives the 70 index out of bounds for 65, i.e. there is a problem somewhere else. But since the default button causes various ambivalent sound effects to play, that might be a clue.
Tenth line for the undead race is of course inside the unlocker / character selection.txt, this was added months ago. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to report the issue about the Minotaur Lich and Minotaur Zombies having the same voiceset, now would I? :D :D (rechecked the structure to be sure, it looks fine)
2. Send me the localization sound files then, and I will make appropriate changes.
Last edited by Templayer on 23 Sep 2019, 06:41, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Sep 2019, 06:34

SpectralDragon wrote: Wait, localized versions of the game/mod also have custom voices of all characters? Dang, talk about Templayer having his work cut out for himself.
Nah, I already did all the work I think, I just have to apply my algorithms (made into sound filters) to different sound waves! :D
Unless it doesn't sound good and needs tweaking, then that will be a bother to do.
Also finding all the proper audio clips, unless they have the same names. I do not presume anything at this point. :D

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Sep 2019, 07:14

Templayer wrote:Nah, I already did all the work I think, I just have to apply my algorithms (made into sound filters) to different sound waves! :D
Unless it doesn't sound good and needs tweaking, then that will be a bother to do.
Also finding all the proper audio clips, unless they have the same names. I do not presume anything at this point. :D
Ok, thank the Ancients that you still have those algorithms memorized/saved in an archive textfiles ... and believe me, since those localized versions of voices can sound completely different from English ones (German Lich Male is really robust and almost robot-like while French Lich Male sounds almost like Voldemort O_O I played through the French localization of MM7 to know this, as you probably know from the screenshots of Benito I sent ya) I bet you'll need to change stuff here and there. :devious: Now you'll see what it means to modify playable characters, since I can imagine modifying their voices is like the audio version of modifying the paperdolls. :tongue: :tongue:
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Sep 2019, 07:38

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Rodril wrote:Uploaded a new version
I just recently found out that the Racial Skills are not learned at Character Creation. How do I make certain Racial Skills be learned to normal after the game starts?
No way without coding. But in current update racial skills can be learned directly from skill teachers.
You could make a fourth cell value. And a max expertise in skill as a fifth! :D

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 23 Sep 2019, 10:25

Templayer wrote:1. I did not test some new voices, I only applied the unlocker and Racial skills. Character portraits.txt wasn't changed. EDIT: Rechecked and I am correct, I didn't modify it, and it goes up to 65 if DefVoice. Yet in-game it gives the 70 index out of bounds for 65, i.e. there is a problem somewhere else. But since the default button causes various ambivalent sound effects to play, that might be a clue.
Tenth line for the undead race is of course inside the unlocker / character selection.txt, this was added months ago. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to report the issue about the Minotaur Lich and Minotaur Zombies having the same voiceset, now would I? :D :D (rechecked the structure to be sure, it looks fine)
I can not reproduce issue yet. Need some investigation. Apply new patch: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahawm042WjjzbTkHekj ... o?e=vCTjG1 , tell me what will happen.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Sep 2019, 13:04

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:1. I did not test some new voices, I only applied the unlocker and Racial skills. Character portraits.txt wasn't changed. EDIT: Rechecked and I am correct, I didn't modify it, and it goes up to 65 if DefVoice. Yet in-game it gives the 70 index out of bounds for 65, i.e. there is a problem somewhere else. But since the default button causes various ambivalent sound effects to play, that might be a clue.
I can not reproduce issue yet. Need some investigation. Apply new patch: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahawm042WjjzbTkHekj ... o?e=vCTjG1 , tell me what will happen.
Couldn't reproduce it with the new patch, until I tried it with the Dracoliche.

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:226: array index (66) out of bounds [0, 65]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:226: in function 'VoiceAvailable'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:241: in function <...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:240>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

arguments of 'VoiceAvailable':
	Voice = 66
	Player = (table: 0x106da7d0)

local variables of 'VoiceAvailable':
	Sex = 0
	Class = 10
	Portrait = (table: 0x13b7e178)
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x0504d598)
	(*temporary) = 1.1986889308246e-284
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
Others do not crash, but when clicking on "default" with the new characters (like the Black Dragon), miscellaneous audio tracks are heard. Wet stepping sounds for a Black Dragon and Minotaur Zombie, potion drinking sound for the Minotaur Lich and a ship creaking for Ghost Dragon (sometimes I have to click multiple times to trigger that sound). No ambivalent sound plays when clicking on the "default" voice button for Dracoliches (I clicked A LOT) though.
Lich dwarves produce no sound either when clicking on the Default button, but otherwise work when clicking on the arrows for voice.
Classic zombies work perfectly (triggers a zombie voice upon clicking defaut). Except for still having the Zombie status effect. I will check if their status screen crashes.

Update: Actually ONLY THE RIGHT ARROW crashes it for the Dracoliche. Looks like the "default" is ID 65, and when using the right arrow, it for some reasons tries to access ID 66 which isn't declared in the array instead of looping. There is a problem somewhere. :)

I made a Minotaur Zombie and unlike in the previous attempt, trying to get to the status screen didn't crash the game. It still has the status, even though I remember you saying character creation created zombies shouldn't have the zombie status.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Sep 2019, 14:19

Ok, pals, this one is super messed up. Should I continue? :scared:
Female Zombie Dwarf. She looks like this because I´m thinking she´ll use standard Zombie expressions. First attempt at bloody Warp Transforming.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 23 Sep 2019, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Sep 2019, 14:50

SpectralDragon wrote:Ok, pals, this one is super messed up. Should I continue? :scared:
Female Zombie Dwarf. She looks like this because I´m thinking she´ll use standard Zombie expressions. First attempt at bloody Warp Transforming.
Oh. Oh my. :D

Well, if the equipment sits, I would continue, it is not bad. Should be less sexy though. :D :D :D

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Sep 2019, 14:56

Templayer wrote:Oh. Oh my. :D

Well, if the equipment sits, I would continue, it is not bad. Should be less sexy though. :D :D :D
Believe me, I made absolutely sure that equipment sits on her as it would on any Dwarf in MMMerge :devious: ... and as for "sexy" bit, blame the game's female Dwarves themselves, they have really big bosoms compared to both other female characters and even their own body mass. :D :D :D Before working more on her I'll first make her all limbs though, so that then I can keep further edits consistent, including probably hollowing her chest up and add some more scars, he he. :devious:
And now you see why I don't wish to swamp Rodril with new characters, almost every time one is added in something breaks. :D :D
GrayFace wrote: :gong:
What do you think about her (female Dwarf Zombie)?
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 23 Sep 2019, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 23 Sep 2019, 16:24

Templayer wrote:Couldn't reproduce it with the new patch, until I tried it with the Dracoliche.
Fixed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahawm042Wjjzbjw_3ZH ... 4?e=KL4f7X
Templayer wrote:I made a Minotaur Zombie and unlike in the previous attempt, trying to get to the status screen didn't crash the game. It still has the status, even though I remember you saying character creation created zombies shouldn't have the zombie status.
You have to modify character unlocker for this: make race exeption for 10th for every continent in "Character selection.txt", make copies of every zombie portrait in "Character portraits.txt", but set their race as 6.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Sep 2019, 16:43

Rodril wrote: :gong:
Just a question, when it comes to localized audio, where should one search in order to find them (when localized versions of your mod are in)? Since Templayer asked you for audio from all localizations you're currently having in order to do his magic with customized voices and whatnots (and whenever or not those localized audio files have the same name as their English variants, only with added letter for each localization). ^^; I'll just add these specific parameters I got from watching both of his videos showcasing special Lich and Zombie voices (English variant):

-> Dragon (both variants)
-> Minotaur (both variants)
-> Troll (both variants)
-> Vampire (4 variants)
-> Zombie (both variants)
-> Lich (both variants)

As for Dwarf Zombies, I'll make sure that they're supposed to have default Zombie portraits and voices. There is a possibility that Male Dwarf Zombie might have a slightly altered portrait though, but no worries, I'll take care of that. And GrayFace if he wishes.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 23 Sep 2019, 16:47, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 23 Sep 2019, 17:04

Wowowow!
What's happened to the game since last update?
No light elves or dwarfs available at start, and if i install a Templayer's patch - game crashes as i right-click on any skill...

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 23 Sep 2019, 17:42

SpectralDragon wrote:Just a question, when it comes to localized audio, where should one search in order to find them (when localized versions of your mod are in)?
In file named "02 Loc**.EnglishD.lod", where ** is code of language.
Mirondor wrote:Wowowow!
No light elves or dwarfs available at start, and if i install a Templayer's patch - game crashes as i right-click on any skill...
Apply patch (link in the first post aswell): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahawm042Wjjzbjw_3ZH ... 4?e=KL4f7X

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Sep 2019, 17:58

Rodril wrote:In file named "02 Loc**.EnglishD.lod", where ** is code of language.
Thanks! I'll try my best to make sure that Templayer gets his bit done when it comes to creating customized audio files for uncommon Liches and Zombies for localized versions of your mod as well ... or at least ones that do have localized audio as well (as much as I know it's Spanish, German, French and Russian that have localized audio as well. Can be wrong though).
Templayer wrote: :gong:
Once you're done with more playtesting and Unlocker as well as Racial Skills program fixing, then go ahead and do that. I know it'll take a hella lot of time, but well, things need to be done in order to have your customized voices in this mod, even if it means downloading and then checking every localized version of the game as well that has localized voice files as well. ^^;
Yes?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 23 Sep 2019, 18:01

Mirondor wrote:Wowowow!
Apply patch (link in the first post aswell): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahawm042Wjjzbjw_3ZH ... 4?e=KL4f7X[/quote]

Patch applied and a character creating works well now, but still crushes as i right-click on the skills if i use Templayer's patch...

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 23 Sep 2019, 18:04

Mirondor wrote:[Patch applied and a character creating works well now, but still crushes as i right-click on the skills if i use Templayer's patch...
Await Templayer on that one if you ask me. Now it's his turn.
Yes?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 23 Sep 2019, 18:13

Mirondor wrote:Patch applied and a character creating works well now, but still crushes as i right-click on the skills if i use Templayer's patch...
What exactly patch do you use? Character unlocker only? Or racial skills table too?
If game gives any message upon crashing - post it here, otherwise send me "Errorlog.txt" from game folder.
Last edited by Rodril on 23 Sep 2019, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Sep 2019, 19:10

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:Couldn't reproduce it with the new patch, until I tried it with the Dracoliche.
Fixed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahawm042Wjjzbjw_3ZH ... 4?e=KL4f7X
Templayer wrote:I made a Minotaur Zombie and unlike in the previous attempt, trying to get to the status screen didn't crash the game. It still has the status, even though I remember you saying character creation created zombies shouldn't have the zombie status.
You have to modify character unlocker for this: make race exeption for 10th for every continent in "Character selection.txt", make copies of every zombie portrait in "Character portraits.txt", but set their race as 6.
Excellent. Haven't tried it yet, though.

The problem here is that if I do pack a modified Character portraits.txt with the Unlocker, and anything, AND I MEAN ANYTHING changes there in the base Merge, then the Unlocker is going to break stuff. It is fragile. I do not want to swamp you with optional content and such, but it would be better for you to make those zombie-undead copies yourself and pack them with the base Merge (while they are going to only be referenced from the context of the Unlocker). That way won't be fragile. That way stuff won't break easily. :D
.... pretty please? :sadeyes:

I'll start translating the Breach and Verdant lines soon, I swear! *gets ran over by a car*

Return to “Might and Magic”