Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 15:57

Rodril wrote:Game files link have been updated.
I'm still struggling with Czech localization, only 8 files left to localize, but i won't finish it today, sorry.
Changelog:
1. Fixed flickering of monsters inside high populated dungeons.
2. Now monsters will cast spirit lash properly (before they did hit only first character, even if he was dead).
3. Power cure casted by monster will heal nearby monsters of same group aswell.
4. Adventurer's Inn in The Breach will allow to hire character left in any world.
5. Black dragon paperdoll have been imported into game, used as default for baby dragon of warlock's promotion quest.
6. Vampire, Dark elf and Dragon base level racial skills can be learned from skill teachers now.
7. Racial Skills.txt table have been extended, now it allow to make class-race combos and support three-way effects (check table for examples).
8. New text table "Bolster - formulas" allow to edit formulas, which used to boost monsters' stats, also it supports custom formulas for monster kinds.
9. Bunch of minor fixes (removed few invisible walls, disabled ability of boulders to leave blood stains, adjusted SP regen of meditation skill).

GrayFace wrote:Yes, update package is much more convenient. It should be easier to just copy whole Scripts, Data\Tables folders into it rather than only files that changed.

I have not tracked changes in .lods for this update, so i won't create separate patch package for this one, but for next one i will. Also I've included patch 2.4, but not 2.4.1. With latest i'm experiencing kind of double click upon toggling mouse look. Reproducable by casting townportal in The Breach: second click causes immediate selection of TP destination and loading screen. Have not look for reasons yet.

SpectralDragon wrote:Apologies for not being able to make Zombie Trolls game-portable. The Source files is all I have, you can find them together with custom Lich and Zombie voices in Content Implementation Queue of the Tracker. ^^;

I will do it myself, don't worry.

Wait. Shouldn't I be doing the Czech localization? Since I am... you know... Czech? :D
Czech is one of the hardest languages to translate to, and google translate doesn't work for it very well. (when compared with English<->Russian, the Czech<->English provides outright garbage results!)
Hmmm, jak bych vám jen mohl dokázat, že umím česky? Já jen nechci vidět, co z toho bude za paskvil, obecně už všude hraju bez češtin, protože ta kvalita překladu bývá místy tak mizerná, že člověk prostě o část hry přichází.

Can I reference and delete old bugs from the Bug Tracker now?

That Power Cure feature is cool! :D There was a potion that didn't quite work because it was cast on the entire party instead of only the character, since the spell in question didn't have a "solo" version. It's somewhere on the tracker.

Adventurer's Inn and Black Dragon - EXCELLENT.

I will have to check if the Racial Skills table doesn't break that little Racial Skills Mod I made.

Reakuul will love the bolster formulas, I think! (can't wait for a "mod" or "presets" from him).
Last edited by Templayer on Sep 22 2019, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Rodril
Demon
Demon
Posts: 313
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Rodril » Sep 22 2019, 16:15

Templayer wrote:This is not kindergarten.

But what is it then? Sitting here, playing games :)
Templayer wrote:Can I reference and delete old bugs from the Bug Tracker now?

Yes.
Templayer wrote:Wait. Shouldn't I be doing the Czech localization? Since I am... you know... Czech?

I don't translate it myself. I use files from localizated games, and reindexing it's data according to merge structure. Though i have database, it is not one-button process. Once base localization will be done, you could translate merge-specific texts and polish rest.
Templayer wrote:Reakuul will love the bolster formulas, I think! (can't wait for a "mod" or "presets" from him).

This is first version of table, any feedback/suggestions are acceptable.

User avatar
Xfing
Raider
Raider
Posts: 753
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Postby Xfing » Sep 22 2019, 17:34

Templayer wrote:
qtish wrote:I havent, was looking for mod, but thats a lot of pages with a lot of stuff, could have given direct link first time :)

It's a few lines UNDER THE UNLOCKER THAT YOU DID MANAGE TO FIND!

... so wait. You did know that you need the racial skills mod, you did look for it, but didn't find it, and you didn't say a thing even after I asked you if you have used the racial skills mod a second time? :|

I will never give you another direct link ever again. Next time, find it yourself, instead of ignoring my responses THREE times. This is not kindergarten.
(you could've found it by literally using the Find function - CTRL+F, just BTW).


Somehow I was sure you'd go all high-functioning sociopath on qtish for this last reply of his, wasn't disappointed :applause:
Last edited by Xfing on Sep 22 2019, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 484
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 22 2019, 18:14

Rodril wrote:I will do it myself, don't worry.

Thank you, you're literally relieved quite a problem for me with this one after Jamesx's disappearance. You're one of the best! :tsup: :hug: I wonder how will stuff go once GrayFace updates his patch with customized redone monsters that we (myself and GrayFace)'ve been doing for quite a bit both here and in his base MM8 Patch. :D

Speaking of stuff, what's the status of Undead subrace? Just interested there. :)
Xfing wrote:Somehow I was sure you (Templayer)'d go all high-functioning sociopath on qtish for this last reply of his, wasn't disappointed :applause:

No comment. Either way it'll be really interesting to see what can I do with Dragon Cave assets (planning to make some sprites in order to make Dragon Caves in games seem more ... filled, since I was always wondering why are Dragon Caves in both MM7 and MM8 so ... empty and yes, this also including a customized "hoard" chest with its own insides, kind of like the infamous "Rock" chest from New Sorpigal ^^; ) even if I still didn't get all gem assets (mainly MM6 overworld ones like the quartz spikes and fixed MM8 item ones because ones I got are super messed up). But oh well, I'll make something up when not being busy trying to figure out how to do Dwarf Zombie paperdolls. :D ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 22 2019, 18:20, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 484
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 22 2019, 18:18

Templayer wrote:There was a potion that didn't quite work because it was cast on the entire party instead of only the character, since the spell in question didn't have a "solo" version. It's somewhere on the tracker.

Do aerosols exist in Enroth? :D :D :D :D :D Because I'm pretty sure that potion wasn't a potion, but an aerosol. :D
Yes?

User avatar
Xfing
Raider
Raider
Posts: 753
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Xfing » Sep 22 2019, 18:43

SpectralDragon wrote:No comment.


Look, I know you guys like each other and all, but I think certain standards of conduct should be kept on the forums. Acting impatient and condescending towards people will only serve to create an impression of a hostile community. It's enough to just answer questions when someone asks them, there's no need to basically tell them they're stupid while you're at it. I don't think this kind of rudeness should be indulged and enabled. Hope you agree.

raekuul
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 70
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby raekuul » Sep 22 2019, 18:49

Rodril wrote:1. Fixed flickering of monsters inside high populated dungeons.
2. Now monsters will cast spirit lash properly (before they did hit only first character, even if he was dead).
3. Power cure casted by monster will heal nearby monsters of same group aswell.
4. Adventurer's Inn in The Breach will allow to hire character left in any world.
5. Black dragon paperdoll have been imported into game, used as default for baby dragon of warlock's promotion quest.
6. Vampire, Dark elf and Dragon base level racial skills can be learned from skill teachers now.
7. Racial Skills.txt table have been extended, now it allow to make class-race combos and support three-way effects (check table for examples).
8. New text table "Bolster - formulas" allow to edit formulas, which used to boost monsters' stats, also it supports custom formulas for monster kinds.
9. Bunch of minor fixes (removed few invisible walls, disabled ability of boulders to leave blood stains, adjusted SP regen of meditation skill).

1 is a godsend, thank you. Now I can go raid the Lair of the Wolf properly.
For those listening in on the Meditation thing, this is the current iteration

Code: Select all

   -- Add a bit of sp regeneration by meditation skill
   function events.RegenTick(Player)
      local Cond = Player:GetMainCondition()
      if Cond == 18 or Cond == 17 or Cond < 14 then
         local RegS, RegM = SplitSkill(Player:GetSkill(const.Skills.Meditation))
         if RegM > 0 then
            local FSP   = Player:GetFullSP()
            --local RegP   = 0.25*(2^(RegM-1))/100
            --Player.SP   = math.min(FSP, Player.SP + math.ceil(FSP*RegP))
            local Add = RegM + math.floor(RegS/10)
            Player.SP = math.min(FSP, Player.SP + Add)
         end
      end
   end
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 19:23

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:Wait. Shouldn't I be doing the Czech localization? Since I am... you know... Czech?

I don't translate it myself. I use files from localizated games, and reindexing it's data according to merge structure. Though i have database, it is not one-button process. Once base localization will be done, you could translate merge-specific texts and polish rest.

Excellent. Unfortunately I remember those not being the greatest of translations, because last time I checked when deciding if I should or shouldn't use Czech in-game I opted to use English and translate everything myself for my viewers. (I did translate the entire MM8 through CC subtitles on my channel, and I am going to do the same for MM6 after I am finished with Kotor 1) So that one will go with a correction as well. My uncle still has a 600 pages long Czech manual for MM6, though! That's a beast! :D

EDIT: I actually remembered one translation that I didn't like - Sweet Water was translated as Dobrá Voda (which is actually Good Water) instead of Sladká Voda. And there was quite the imbalance of some regional names being translated, while others were not. Mire of the Damned was translated properly (Močál Prokletých), but for example Blackshire stayed in English (would be either Černý Kraj in Czech or Černokraj in archaic Czech). Some were just altered - Eel Infested Waters became Úhoří Vody (skipping the "infested" part. Would be "Úhoři Zamořené Vody" if it was properly translated). I.e. the translation is all over the place - sometimes things get translated, sometimes they don't; sometimes words are thrown away, context included; sometimes words gets changed and the original meaning is lost;....

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:There was a potion that didn't quite work because it was cast on the entire party instead of only the character, since the spell in question didn't have a "solo" version. It's somewhere on the tracker.

Do aerosols exist in Enroth? :D :D :D :D :D Because I'm pretty sure that potion wasn't a potion, but an aerosol. :D

:D :D :D

@All
Also in the newest version Rodril changed the structure of the Racial Skills table, so I will have to update the Racial Skills modification and the tutorial for changing it. I would ask people that use my previous versions not to update to the newest Merge version for now.

I think I will make two versions this time - one "legacy" version that is for people that already started playing on the old Racial Skills version and are happy with it, and a new version that actually uses the new aspects the table structure now provides.
Last edited by Templayer on Sep 22 2019, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 484
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 22 2019, 19:36

Templayer wrote:Excellent. Unfortunately I remember those not being the greatest of translations, because last time I checked when deciding if I should or shouldn't use Czech in-game I opted to use English and translate everything myself for my viewers. (I did translate the entire MM8 through CC subtitles on my channel, and I am going to do the same for MM6 after I am finished with Kotor 1) So that one will go with a correction as well. My uncle still has a 600 pages long Czech manual for MM6, though! That's a beast! :D

:D :D :D

@All
Also in the newest version Rodril changed the structure of the Racial Skills table, so I will have to update the Racial Skills modification and the tutorial for changing it. I would ask people that use my previous versions not to update to the newest Merge version for now.

I think I will make two versions this time - one "legacy" version that is for people that already started playing on the old Racial Skills version and are happy with it, and a new version that actually uses the new aspects the table structure now provides.

Patience, pal. Let's await Rodril's completion of those Czech localized files and after they're all done, feel free to go bananas on them. :D :D Same with Undead subrace as well as Lich and Zombie voices (if you don't mind seeing if they're in the Merge already, that is. :P ), just gotta await 'em. They'll all come eventually like a Troll Lich and (hopefully) Zombie Dwarves. :devious:

And that's why I'm still awaiting a proper version/update of everything, since my plan is to start the Merge as Ghost Dragon (Undead subrace) with its own specific voice set and I'll await until that's possible. ;) :) I thank you all for the work on this gift from the Ancients! :hug: :hug:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 22 2019, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 19:49

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Excellent. Unfortunately I remember those not being the greatest of translations, because last time I checked when deciding if I should or shouldn't use Czech in-game I opted to use English and translate everything myself for my viewers. (I did translate the entire MM8 through CC subtitles on my channel, and I am going to do the same for MM6 after I am finished with Kotor 1) So that one will go with a correction as well. My uncle still has a 600 pages long Czech manual for MM6, though! That's a beast! :D

:D :D :D

@All
Also in the newest version Rodril changed the structure of the Racial Skills table, so I will have to update the Racial Skills modification and the tutorial for changing it. I would ask people that use my previous versions not to update to the newest Merge version for now.

I think I will make two versions this time - one "legacy" version that is for people that already started playing on the old Racial Skills version and are happy with it, and a new version that actually uses the new aspects the table structure now provides.

Patience, pal. Let's await Rodril's completion of those Czech localized files and after they're all done, feel free to go bananas on them. :D :D Same with Undead subrace as well as Lich and Zombie voices (if you don't mind seeing if they're in the Merge already, that is. :P ), just gotta await 'em. They'll all come eventually like a Troll Lich and (hopefully) Zombie Dwarves. :devious:

And that's why I'm still awaiting a proper version/update of everything, since my plan is to start the Merge as Ghost Dragon (Undead subrace) with its own specific voice set and I'll await until that's possible. ;) :) I thank you all for the work on this gift from the Ancients! :hug: :hug:

I already did partially go bananas on them, check the edit I made to the post you are quoting. :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 484
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 22 2019, 20:01

Templayer wrote:[I already did partially go bananas on them, check the edit I made to the post you are quoting. :D

... Good Lord. :D Props on you for that and yes, speaking of these incomplete translations, I can imagine that "Lost in Translation" effect was fully implied there before you came and started fixing these, thus all mistakes. Also, did you notice how some places, when translated, just lose all their "esthetic charm" even when said translations are correct? :D Sweet Water is a good example of that, as soon as I've read your and the game's Czech translation of it I started to LOL. Its translation just sounds so hilariously robust to me, I cannot even. English, I think you win on esthetics of that place name. :D :D

Speaking of Sweet Water, imagine starting as a Ghost Dragon (Undead subrace) there (MM6) and naming it "Ros". I'm sure you'd WISH to kill Q by this point, seeing how he has Horn of Ros aka your dragon character's horn. :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 22 2019, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 484
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 22 2019, 20:34

Xfing wrote:Look, I know you guys like each other and all, but I think certain standards of conduct should be kept on the forums. Acting impatient and condescending towards people will only serve to create an impression of a hostile community. It's enough to just answer questions when someone asks them, there's no need to basically tell them they're stupid while you're at it. I don't think this kind of rudeness should be indulged and enabled. Hope you agree.

Thus I said what I said there. When it comes to my stance, it's the same as yours, but honestly this is his (Templayer's) and your thing to mend, thus the only thing I can do here is quote this post, since I know you're blocked. Templayer, forgive me. ^^;
raekuul wrote: :gong:

Nice signature, is that for the Merge? :D
Yes?

raekuul
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 70
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby raekuul » Sep 22 2019, 20:39

Yeah. It was is still a common problem. I've updated it for the current patch situation, but the basic "error" that was causing the "I can't talk to anyone" thing is still caused by patching MM8 before installing the Merge Mod.

WRT 2.4.1, the "random loot in quest chests" patch shouldn't break the merge mod's compatibility with anything since it was (apparently) Gray's error in the first place and you don't actually need the Telelocator to finish The Breach... yet.
Last edited by raekuul on Sep 22 2019, 20:42, edited 3 times in total.
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 20:46

Rodril wrote:Uploaded a new version

I have a bug. When clicking on default while on the Character Creation while a Black Dragon is selected as a paperdoll, stepping on terrain sound effect is heard. If I use an arrow to select a different voices the game crashes:

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:220: array index (70) out of bounds [0, 65]

stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'error'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
   ...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:220: in function 'VoiceAvailable'
   ...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:235: in function <...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:234>
   [C]: in function 'pcall'
   Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

arguments of 'VoiceAvailable':
   Voice = 70
   Player = (table: 0x2107cde8)

local variables of 'VoiceAvailable':
   Sex = 0
   Class = 10
   (*temporary) = (table: 0x015bd718)
   (*temporary) = 1.0729105303782e-284
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

EDIT: actually it happens for all the custom characters, like Minotaur Zombie and Minotaur Liche, Dracoliche and Ghost Dragon,...

EDIT 2: Minotaur Zombies and Minotaur Liches have the same default voice. That is the voice for a zombie. I do not think Liches should have a Zombie voice set. :D (I hope my voicesets will get incorporated soon, SpectralDragon is itching to play and she won't until they are. ^_^ ). Dragons have it the other way around - both Dracoliches and Ghost Dragons use the base Lich voiceset.

EDIT 3: Trying to view stat screen of a Minotaur zombie got me an error:

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
... - The World of Enroth\Scripts\General\ZombiePlayers.lua:345: attempt to index global 't' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
   ... - The World of Enroth\Scripts\General\ZombiePlayers.lua: in function 'GetRace'
   ...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua:539: in function 'v'
   Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:68: in function <Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:63>

arguments of 'GetRace':
   (*temporary) = (table: 0x2ae12d80)

local variables of 'GetRace':
   (*temporary) = (table: 0x223cf498)
   (*temporary) = nil
   (*temporary) = nil
   (*temporary) = "attempt to index global 't' (a nil value)"

upvalues of 'GetRace':
   StdGetRace = (function: 0x05480ce0)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>


EDIT 4: Minotaur Liche seems to be screwed up that he should. Look at the arms!
Image
Last edited by Templayer on Sep 22 2019, 21:16, edited 4 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 484
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 22 2019, 21:04

Templayer wrote:I have a bug. When clicking on default while on the Character Creation while a Black Dragon is selected as a paperdoll, stepping on terrain sound effect is heard. If I use an arrow to select a different voices the game crashes:

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:220: array index (70) out of bounds [0, 65]

stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'error'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
   ...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:220: in function 'VoiceAvailable'
   ...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:235: in function <...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:234>
   [C]: in function 'pcall'
   Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

arguments of 'VoiceAvailable':
   Voice = 70
   Player = (table: 0x2107cde8)

local variables of 'VoiceAvailable':
   Sex = 0
   Class = 10
   (*temporary) = (table: 0x015bd718)
   (*temporary) = 1.0729105303782e-284
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

EDIT: actually it happens for all the custom characters, like Minotaur Zombie and Minotaur Liche, Dracoliche and Ghost Dragon,...

EDIT 2: Minotaur Zombies and Minotaur Liches have the same default voice. That is the voice for a zombie. I do not think Liches should have a Zombie voice set. :D (I hope my voicesets will get incorporated soon, SpectralDragon is itching to play and she won't until they are. ^_^ ). Dragons have it the other way around - both Dracoliches and Ghost Dragons use the base Lich voiceset.

Rodril wrote: :gong:

Just relying it forward and when it comes to voices, this is how I see them have:

Black Dragon - Same as Red Dragon
Uncommon Zombies (Mino, Ghost Dragon, incoming Troll) + Uncommon Undead (regular Zombies not included) subrace - Templayer's Custom Zombie voiceset
Uncommon Liches (Mino, Dracolich, potentially incoming Troll) - Templayer's Custom Lich voiceset

Both custom voicesets are in Content Implementation Queue and were tested to high Void for game compatibility. Again, apologies for bugging. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 22 2019, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 21:28

Rodril wrote:Uploaded a new version

I just recently found out that the Racial Skills are not learned at Character Creation. How do I make certain Racial Skills be learned to normal after the game starts?
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 21:33

SpectralDragon wrote:
Rodril wrote: :gong:

Just relying it forward and when it comes to voices, this is how I see them have:

Black Dragon - Same as Red Dragon
Uncommon Zombies (Mino, Ghost Dragon, incoming Troll) + Uncommon Undead (regular Zombies not included) subrace - Templayer's Custom Zombie voiceset
Uncommon Liches (Mino, Dracolich, potentially incoming Troll) - Templayer's Custom Lich voiceset

Both custom voicesets are in Content Implementation Queue and were tested to high Void for game compatibility. Again, apologies for bugging. ^^;

Also a configuration switch would be nice.
CustomVoicesets
0 - only vanilla voicesets (i.e. all male Liches will get the same voice, no matter if human, minotaur or troll...)
1 - Fill in the gaps (new combinations that didn't exist before will have specific voicesets)
2 - Remasters as well (the original zombie and lich voicesets will have their remastered sets)

Default - 1.

Makes the most sense to me.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 21:44

Here's a prototype of a new version of the Racial Skills mod. Also it looks like they are no longer learned at the game's start. :S

https://ulozto.net/file/lx0rXuLwpIZU/race-skills-txt

I did try to address some issues with the Racial skills. I finally forced myself to do it, now that Rodril revamped the table structure.
Dwarves were given expert repair (lore-based) and expert item identify, since they only had master axe and expert bow.
Since humans tend to be Jacks of all trades, and so they even are in the MM universe, and they had no Mastery or GM racially, I decided to simply give them a boost to all utility skills by +1. Quite a lot of people told me that they were hands-down the most underpowered in that little mod of mine. So now if there is an utility skill (like alchemy) that you can master class-wise, being a human will enable you to GM it. Good enough for you? :D
That means normal meditation, perception, regeneration, disarming, dodging, unarmed, identify monster, armsmaster, stealing, alchemy, identify item, merchant, repair. When the +1 max expertise boost is gained through a class that can already have these skills, it becomes adaptability at its finest (i.e. the human-specific trait).
Character Creation created zombies now get base regeneration at start. "Hold together, pal!" :D :D
The tutorial on the Tracker has also been updated. (so anybody can modify it by using the tutorial)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 976
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 22 2019, 21:48

And it is almost midnight over here, so I better go to sleep. :tired:
Last edited by Templayer on Sep 22 2019, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Rodril
Demon
Demon
Posts: 313
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Postby Rodril » Sep 22 2019, 22:05

Templayer wrote:I have a bug. When clicking on default while on the Character Creation while a Black Dragon is selected as a paperdoll, stepping on terrain sound effect is heard. If I use an arrow to select a different voices the game crashes:

Probably happens because of voices you did test. In new table, following update, there are 65 voices, you might have used more in "Character portraits.txt" in "DefVoice" column.
Also make sure, you have 10th line in "Character selection.txt" for undead race.
Templayer wrote:EDIT 2: Minotaur Zombies and Minotaur Liches have the same default voice. That is the voice for a zombie. I do not think Liches should have a Zombie voice set. :D (I hope my voicesets will get incorporated soon, SpectralDragon is itching to play and she won't until they are. ^_^ ). Dragons have it the other way around - both Dracoliches and Ghost Dragons use the base Lich voiceset.

I'm not sure about new voice sets yet. None of localiztion supports them.
Templayer wrote:EDIT 3: Trying to view stat screen of a Minotaur zombie got me an error:
EDIT 4: Minotaur Liche seems to be screwed up that he should. Look at the arms!

Quickfix incoming.
edit: links in the first post have been updated.
Last edited by Rodril on Sep 23 2019, 0:09, edited 2 times in total.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests