Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 469
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 7 2019, 6:48

Templayer wrote: Just do what you wish to do. Then we will add it to the Merge as optional content. Simple as that.

Actually we can make that poll on my youtube channel - I think I can make a permanent pool there (well, my channel was created in 2007 (even though some parts of youtube think it has been started in 2009 due to historical data conversion) so let's hope it will last). So that each time you are finished with a character, you can take a look there what the community wishes for the most. :jester:

EDIT: Youtube's polling is cra-p. Only max 6 choices? WTF?

Only if YOU will link them here though because I'm not gonna anymore. Any optional content, from now on, goes directly to you/other people that like these and after that, well, you/they can do whatever you/they wish with them. I'll do them just for my own sake now because they've triggered enough drama as they did. :disagree:

Thanks, even if I fear that pool will be more of a nuisance than help. ^^; I don't wish to get harassed by impatient people, yaknow.
Yes?

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Sep 7 2019, 7:57

Templayer wrote:        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D


Seeing a Naga in game would be VERY cool! Just imagine: 6 weapons at one time! 8|

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 469
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 7 2019, 8:21

Maslyonok wrote:Seeing a Naga in game would be VERY cool! Just imagine: 6 weapons at one time! 8|

Too bad that making new races is beyond me. :( :(
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 946
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 7 2019, 9:13

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: Just do what you wish to do. Then we will add it to the Merge as optional content. Simple as that.

Actually we can make that poll on my youtube channel - I think I can make a permanent pool there (well, my channel was created in 2007 (even though some parts of youtube think it has been started in 2009 due to historical data conversion) so let's hope it will last). So that each time you are finished with a character, you can take a look there what the community wishes for the most. :jester:

EDIT: Youtube's polling is cra-p. Only max 6 choices? WTF?

Only if YOU will link them here though because I'm not gonna anymore. Any optional content, from now on, goes directly to you/other people that like these and after that, well, you/they can do whatever you/they wish with them. I'll do them just for my own sake now because they've triggered enough drama as they did. :disagree:

Thanks, even if I fear that pool will be more of a nuisance than help. ^^; I don't wish to get harassed by impatient people, yaknow.

I don't mind putting it into the thread myself. I have certain drama queens blocked here on the forum (had to create a custom UserScript for that, because for some reason this forum doesn't really enable users to block other users that bother them), so if anybody has a problem with people developing optional content for the Merge...
:beheading:

Harassed by impatient people through the poll? How? It is just a list that you can look up to see what people want the most. You were asking that here many times (for example you weren't sure if the Blood Dragon should be skeletal or fleshy, etc.). Now you don't have to ask, as you have the data. Or if you wish, you can just ask me and I can give you the info about what people want the most. Without annoyance of any kind.

@all
When I got to sleep I was unsure if I added Phoenixes into the poll, and the literally first thing I saw after awakening my PC was that someone voted for a Phoenix. :D :D

Maslyonok wrote:
Seeing a Naga in game would be VERY cool! Just imagine: 6 weapons at one time! 8|

Me too. I'll probably vote for it once Lizardmen are done. :P :D
I have an entire design somewhere I made like a year ago on how the multi-wielding should work code-wise.
And they are sentient enough to wear a bra! :D :D

SpectralDragon wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Seeing a Naga in game would be VERY cool! Just imagine: 6 weapons at one time! 8|

Too bad that making new races is beyond me. :( :(

But you made that Minotaur Lich. And Black Dragon.

Just use one of the base humanoids as a base and work from there. Add flappy ears, horns, snout, weird legs...
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 946
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 7 2019, 9:33

@All
I might add a Shameless Promotion Section to the Tracker where people that did something for the project could for example put advertisements on their other projects and things.

I spent over 2k hours working on the Merge and I have ZERO Patrons on Patreon! :D :D :D
(*awaiting cash influx*) :D :D :D :D

I even have sad violin music on my patreon video. :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 469
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 7 2019, 11:12

Templayer wrote:I don't mind putting it into the thread myself. I have certain drama queens blocked here on the forum (had to create a custom UserScript for that, because for some reason this forum doesn't really enable users to block other users that bother them), so if anybody has a problem with people developing optional content for the Merge...
:beheading:

Harassed by impatient people through the poll? How? It is just a list that you can look up to see what people want the most. You were asking that here many times (for example you weren't sure if the Blood Dragon should be skeletal or fleshy, etc.). Now you don't have to ask, as you have the data. Or if you wish, you can just ask me and I can give you the info about what people want the most. Without annoyance of any kind.

Well, I'm not the sort to deal with crud like that the same way you do, so there. :tired:

Not through the poll, through this very forum, private messages (which you see I keep open here just in case I need to deal with bad blood outside the forum in order to not turn it into the battlefield) and Ancients know what else. I have my own limits after all, yaknow, and like I've said already, in the end I'm still just a lone single artist in here after all that might or might not die in the next year. If I need to deal with more than 1 character and, especially, characters belonging to new races, then help me and I'm asking that of all people seeing this forum thread. Remember how did the Dracolich and Ghost Dragon come into existence in the 1st place!

Templayer wrote:But you made that Minotaur Lich. And Black Dragon.

Just use one of the base humanoids as a base and work from there. Add flappy ears, horns, snout, weird legs...

Like I've said before, I was only able to do these because I never really changed their baseline/blank slate. Minotaur Lich was relatively easy to do because he still follows the same shape a regular Minotaur does and Black Dragon is just the glorified recolored Red Dragon in the same vein Minotaur Zombie is to a regular Minotaur. Creating new races like Nagas and Lizardmen requires whole new body shapes as well as functions that are, in the same vein, just as old as pre-existing ones in order to comply nicely with the game and that's something that is absolutely beyond me because I need to pay attention to how weaponry, armors and apparel would sit on them (with that, I also mean on how the living Ancients can I even create 6 bloody functioning arms and hands without paperdoll collision issues??) as well as make it look good enough to be used in the game itself and not making it look jarringly out of place. That's essentially asking me to jump in front of the train and expecting me to stop it. :wall:

I'm terribly sorry I need to go like this at you, but some anvils need to be dropped and making new races that need moving arms and legs (Nagas, Lizardmen, Golems and I can count more) on their own is a line I will NOT cross because I CANNOT cross it in the 1st place. I have spoken.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 7 2019, 11:23, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

Rodril
Demon
Demon
Posts: 313
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Rodril » Sep 7 2019, 12:05

Hello.
SpectralDragon wrote:I'm terribly sorry I need to go like this at you, but some anvils need to be dropped and making new races that need moving arms and legs (Nagas, Lizardmen, Golems and I can count more) on their own is a line I will NOT cross because I CANNOT cross it in the 1st place. I have spoken.

Maslyonok wrote:Seeing a Naga in game would be VERY cool! Just imagine: 6 weapons at one time! 8|

Engine won't support this type of paperdoll without major overhauling anyway. We are stick to humanoid with at least two arms in predefined pose. Even legless portrait will recuire modifying all armor pictures. If you really want to add nagas, think about their paperdoll as about dragon one: they will have portrait, but won't be able to wear anything except rings, amulets and gloves.
Also, as i know, lizardmen have been already created for another mod, which seems abandoned now: https://www.moddb.com/mods/might-and-ma ... s#imagebox
You may try to contact authors for assets, but i'm not sure MMMerge needs unoriginal races.

Right now i am inspecting bug list and thinking about zombies... There's game aspect reported as bug: player started with zombie character complain about unability to heal him ususal way. I won't make zombies healable even if player starts game with one, i don't see logic behind it: if you've chosen to play zombie, be ready for consequences. But i agree, that it is issue. I'm going to make start-zombies revivable: upon revive game will pick random race-according portrait for them. What do you think about it?
Last edited by Rodril on Sep 7 2019, 12:07, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 469
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 7 2019, 13:02

Rodril wrote:Engine won't support this type of paperdoll without major overhauling anyway. We are stick to humanoid with at least two arms in predefined pose. Even legless portrait will recuire modifying all armor pictures. If you really want to add nagas, think about their paperdoll as about dragon one: they will have portrait, but won't be able to wear anything except rings, amulets and gloves.
Also, as i know, lizardmen have been already created for another mod, which seems abandoned now: https://www.moddb.com/mods/might-and-ma ... s#imagebox
You may try to contact authors for assets, but i'm not sure MMMerge needs unoriginal races.

Right now i am inspecting bug list and thinking about zombies... There's game aspect reported as bug: player started with zombie character complain about unability to heal him ususal way. I won't make zombies healable even if player starts game with one, i don't see logic behind it: if you've chosen to play zombie, be ready for consequences. But i agree, that it is issue. I'm going to make start-zombies revivable: upon revive game will pick random race-according portrait for them. What do you think about it?

Thank you! :hug: That's exactly what I've been trying to say to Templayer: only new races I could make without getting a whole mountain of new work are ones that work like Dragons and even then I need help in designing good paperdoll and expression assets, thus I generally stay with predefined ones like Minotaurs and whatnot. It's much easier to edit pre-existing ones than create new ones after all, especially when it comes to creating them from scratch because I'm a trash artist on my own.

Oh yeah, Unlocker-created Zombies still displaying "Zombie" condition instead of "Good" (thus causing said Zombies to be unable to be healed fully). I'd be too glad to try recreate the infamous Permanent Zombie glitch/bug from MM7 in their case, but if that's impossible, then I'd stick with you. No shame in adding extra challenge in keeping your Zombies really zombified all the time and even better, if there would be extra characters added like the Black Dragon, then we could give people the possibility of getting them by reviving said Unlocker-created Zombies. :D :D I like that idea very much.
I still remember another layer to this and it's basically the aspect of Zombies not changing their portraits at all if they get turned into Liches. I don't know if that would be possible, but it certainly would be interesting.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 7 2019, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 946
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 7 2019, 13:16

Rodril wrote:Right now i am inspecting bug list and thinking about zombies... There's game aspect reported as bug: player started with zombie character complain about unability to heal him ususal way. I won't make zombies healable even if player starts game with one, i don't see logic behind it: if you've chosen to play zombie, be ready for consequences. But i agree, that it is issue. I'm going to make start-zombies revivable: upon revive game will pick random race-according portrait for them. What do you think about it?

I am against it. If a player used the Unlocker to start the game with a zombie, then they want to keep it a zombie for sure. So changing it to a random race goes against that quite a bit.

The solution is easy - for zombies created at the Character Creation, just remove the Zombie status for them.
Instead of the status incurring statistic detriments, use the table that defines stats such as strength and intelligence for starting the game with a character. (that way the player will even be able to see proper stats during zombie creation, and be able to redistribute them)
Even though halving the healing amounts might be good too I guess. Maybe that should be made into a racial thing, instead of a status effect one. (if that is indeed the case)

SpectralDragon wrote:That's exactly what I've been trying to say to Templayer: only new races I could make without getting a whole mountain of new work are ones that work like Dragons and even then I need help in designing good paperdoll and expression assets, thus I generally stay with predefined ones like Minotaurs and whatnot. It's much easier to edit pre-existing ones than create new ones after all, especially when it comes to creating them from scratch because I'm a trash artist on my own.

1. And yet Sawyer created a script that enables the paperdoll to wear gloves and gauntlets visually. If that can be done, then multi-wielding can be done too, I believe.
2. Also you are constantly having problems with confidence. Also if you wish I can try making / creating the base for the races, not unlike we did with Jamesx on the Dracolich.

Image
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Shinshila
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Shinshila » Sep 7 2019, 13:47

How to make interface like on screenshot ?

Image

Rodril
Demon
Demon
Posts: 313
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Rodril » Sep 7 2019, 14:27

Shinshila wrote:How to make interface like on screenshot ?

Remove "UI.txt" from "Data" folder.
Templayer wrote:The solution is easy - for zombies created at the Character Creation, just remove the Zombie status for them.

That's what i don't want to do. Having same portrait for zombie and not-a-zombie condition crashes my mind.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 469
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 7 2019, 14:38

Templayer wrote:And yet Sawyer created a script that enables the paperdoll to wear gloves and gauntlets visually. If that can be done, then multi-wielding can be done too, I believe.

Also you are constantly having problems with confidence. Also if you wish I can try making / creating the base for the races, not unlike we did with Jamesx on the Dracolich.

Even with multi-yielding done there is still a huge problem with redoing proper weapon and armor sprites encompassing this as well as how the Void can we make it look convincing on a paperdoll space we have. Almost all of Dracolich's wings got clipped out by the paperdoll "frame" after all, that's how narrow it is, and thus I consider making convincing multi-yielding visuals impossible. :disagree:

I know my own limits very well and what you suggest is clearly beyond my skill because I know very well that my artistic style doesn't fit the game at all if I'd do stuff from scratch, so sorry, those things ain't gonna happen, no matter what. I'm not gonna repeat it again.

As for Lizardmen there, well, if you can get the assets from Echo of Destruction mod first like Rodril said, then I might do something with them. :devious: But until then, my definite answer is NO to ALL of them. :tsdown:

Rodril wrote:That's what I don't want to do. Having same portrait for zombie and not-a-zombie condition crashes my mind.

Hmmmm ... is it possible to make it an Unlocker-only choice/option (whenever said starter Zombies get Zombie condition or not)? That way you enable people to decide for themselves instead of you (and let's not forget, that's for starter Zombies only. Ones that become Zombies during the actual game still remain like you designed them to be). Just trying to solve this. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 7 2019, 14:46, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 946
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 7 2019, 14:58

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:The solution is easy - for zombies created at the Character Creation, just remove the Zombie status for them.

That's what i don't want to do. Having same portrait for zombie and not-a-zombie condition crashes my mind.

They will still be zombies, but instead of being status zombies, they will be entire papersheet zombies. I.e. not a modification of a previous state, but the base state of being.

SpectralDragon wrote:
Rodril wrote:That's what I don't want to do. Having same portrait for zombie and not-a-zombie condition crashes my mind.

Hmmmm ... is it possible to make it an Unlocker-only choice/option (whenever said starter Zombies get Zombie condition or not)? That way you enable people to decide for themselves instead of you. Just trying to solve this. ^^;

Yes, easily. A single line in a configuration file. The one that the Merge is lacking at the moment. -_-

Also I am sure it is possible for Naga to be created. It would need to be a dragon type, and the equipping part would basically need to be made completely in the LUA. The weapons themselves would have to use the verticality of the paperdoll itself to fit. (but given how aggressively the nagas are constantly swinging, it is not hard to imagine two weapons in the lower part, two in the middle part, and two in the upper part of the paperdoll)

And I think I can make the Lizardman paperdoll base rather easily. Their legs and heads appear not to be supporting of their respective equipment... too bad there isn't a paperdoll type that does that too... oh wait *LOOKS AT MINOTAUR*. So if I were to mount the rather decent res Lizardman render head on top of a minotaur, change the minotaur colour hue, and make the muscles less pronounced without exceeding the limits, then all equipment that goes onto minotaurs should fit this new Lizardman base as well. Things are far away from impossible. That way I could give you the same base as when I gave you the Dracolich. With the exception of portraits. But even there I have some ideas. For example the speaking animation could just have a moving tongue in their case. Sssssuch insssolensse.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 469
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 7 2019, 15:15

Templayer wrote:I think I can make the Lizardman paperdoll base rather easily. Their legs and heads appear not to be supporting of their respective equipment... too bad there isn't a paperdoll type that does that too... oh wait *LOOKS AT MINOTAUR*. So if I were to mount the rather decent res Lizardman render head on top of a minotaur, change the minotaur colour hue, and make the muscles less pronounced without exceeding the limits, then all equipment that goes onto minotaurs should fit this new Lizardman base as well. Things are far away from impossible. That way I could give you the same base as when I gave you the Dracolich. With the exception of portraits. But even there I have some ideas. For example the speaking animation could just have a moving tongue in their case. Sssssuch insssolensse.

You do know Lizardmen of MM franchise (MM6, MM8) aren't having digitigrade legs?
That alone is the sole reason I'd try get Echo of Destruction ones as basis.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 7 2019, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 946
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 7 2019, 18:38

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:I think I can make the Lizardman paperdoll base rather easily. Their legs and heads appear not to be supporting of their respective equipment... too bad there isn't a paperdoll type that does that too... oh wait *LOOKS AT MINOTAUR*. So if I were to mount the rather decent res Lizardman render head on top of a minotaur, change the minotaur colour hue, and make the muscles less pronounced without exceeding the limits, then all equipment that goes onto minotaurs should fit this new Lizardman base as well. Things are far away from impossible. That way I could give you the same base as when I gave you the Dracolich. With the exception of portraits. But even there I have some ideas. For example the speaking animation could just have a moving tongue in their case. Sssssuch insssolensse.

You do know Lizardmen of MM franchise (MM6, MM8) aren't having digitigrade legs?
That alone is the sole reason I'd try get Echo of Destruction ones as basis.

And you do know that the Minotaur legs have no equipment for them, thus can be completely changed into lizard like legs? (except for the thighs, of course, but the lower half of the legs can be modified)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Xfing
Raider
Raider
Posts: 753
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Xfing » Sep 7 2019, 21:09

Rodril wrote:Right now i am inspecting bug list and thinking about zombies... There's game aspect reported as bug: player started with zombie character complain about unability to heal him ususal way. I won't make zombies healable even if player starts game with one, i don't see logic behind it: if you've chosen to play zombie, be ready for consequences.


Weird, but I expressed the very same sentiment a few pages back. Zombies are probably the most complicated adverse condition in the game and the cool look does come at a price (unless the glitch is exploited, then you keep the look but not the adverse stats or lack of healing). I also always felt that the severe stat penalties a Zombie gets would be discouragement enough from wanting to have your chars be them permanently, and them being completely worthless as spellcasters, but apparently there is interest in having that happen. I'll stick to the heavy-consequence zombies meant to be a last resort in a pinch, until healing at a temple can be accessed.

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 15
Joined: 25 Feb 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Mirondor » Sep 7 2019, 21:45

Templayer wrote:        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D


Wow! Can we vote for all of them?...
I voted for angel, but lizardman would be also severely cool!

User avatar
Jezebeth Noir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 38
Joined: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Jezebeth Noir » Sep 8 2019, 5:48

I voted for nagas, but I also want medusas and halflings.
Sorry for my english, I'm just learning. :embarrased:

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 469
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Sep 8 2019, 7:10

Xfing wrote:Weird, but I expressed the very same sentiment a few pages back. Zombies are probably the most complicated adverse condition in the game and the cool look does come at a price (unless the glitch is exploited, then you keep the look but not the adverse stats or lack of healing). I also always felt that the severe stat penalties a Zombie gets would be discouragement enough from wanting to have your chars be them permanently, and them being completely worthless as spellcasters, but apparently there is interest in having that happen. I'll stick to the heavy-consequence zombies meant to be a last resort in a pinch, until healing at a temple can be accessed.

Thus I suggested this when it comes to entire Zombie thing:
SpectralDragon wrote:Hmmmm ... is it possible to make it an Unlocker-only choice/option (whenever said starter Zombies get Zombie condition or not)? That way you enable people to decide for themselves instead of you (Rodril). Just trying to solve this. ^^;

Entire Zombie-without-Zombie-condition choice would be put into hands of individual people instead of Rodril/other coders via this and it´d be a setting that can be accessed via Unlocker only (like entire Zombie-as-a-startup-character in the 1st place, as I think that you cannot have one as a startup in the base game itself in any way, shape or form, only via Unlocker) while all other Zombies, be it hirelings or the consequence of raising-gone-wrong (aka healing at evil-aligned Temples like ones in Deyja, Nighon, Shadowspire, The Pit and maybe even random Temple Baa ones that are dotted all around Enroth (MM6). Just an example, one is in Mire of the Damned), are ones that are just like how you wish, with Zombie condition as well.
Templayer wrote:And you do know that the Minotaur legs have no equipment for them, thus can be completely changed into lizard like legs? (except for the thighs, of course, but the lower half of the legs can be modified)

Who says you/others cannot code regular human paperdolls into not being able to wear stuff like this at any time (and since Lizardmen would be a completely new race, that´s pretty much how would stuff go, not to even mention they´re not bovine-like at all)? :devious: That aside, I˙m done with this stupid bickering. Until anything is done, my statement is NO to ALL other races with movable arms! :tsdown:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Sep 8 2019, 9:05, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
Vampire
Vampire
Posts: 946
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Postby Templayer » Sep 8 2019, 9:49

Mirondor wrote:
Templayer wrote:        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D


Wow! Can we vote for all of them?...
I voted for angel, but lizardman would be also severely cool!

Jezebeth Noir wrote:I voted for nagas, but I also want medusas and halflings.


I think that if I remove a choice (once it is done), you will be able to choose another.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests