Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
majaj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby majaj » 23 Jul 2019, 21:27

Maslyonok wrote:Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I have the same problem with and without localization (here's a screenshot where I removed the localization string and the text in English is still not fully displayed)

Which is pretty bad, because information about how to get to The Breach just disappears.
This problem is solved by removing the division on paragraphs (continuous text), but it’s much more beautiful to see a text in paragraphs than a wall of text, right?
I would like to know if anyone has encountered this problem? (even if you are playing in the English version)
Ah, yes, this problem applies only to the texts from the LocalizeTables, apparently.
Same problem here. Finally i started to play from MM7, and i am unable to speak with Lord Markham or a judge, becouse they don't respond. I assume that is caused by localization which i am not using at all.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 24 Jul 2019, 10:16

What class among MM7 classes can GM merchant? According to different sites, its Priest of Light/Dark, but tested, they cannot.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 24 Jul 2019, 10:19

qtish wrote:What class among MM7 classes can GM merchant? According to different sites, its Priest of Light/Dark, but tested, they cannot.
A few of the MM7 Classes' Grandmasteries are shuffled around to account for Cauri Blackthorn the MM8 classes. Priest of Light/Dark are based on the MM8 Priest, which could not learn GM Merchant.
majaj wrote:Same problem here. Finally i started to play from MM7, and i am unable to speak with Lord Markham or a judge, becouse they don't respond. I assume that is caused by localization which i am not using at all.
The instructions for installing Merge have steps 4 and 5 inverted. You'll need to:
  1. Install MM8 from GOG or Disk
  2. Copy mod files into MM8 folder, replacing existing
  3. MMExtension does its best and is now preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready
  4. Apply latest update for the Merge Mod
  5. Install newest Grayface Patch
Last edited by raekuul on 24 Jul 2019, 10:22, edited 2 times in total.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 24 Jul 2019, 10:46

So, anything can be done, so that Dark Elf is not the only class that can GM merchant, that one of the MM7 classes could, maybe useless Druid at least.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 24 Jul 2019, 11:58

qtish wrote:So, anything can be done, so that Dark Elf is not the only class that can GM merchant, that one of the MM7 classes could, maybe useless Druid at least.
You can use MMExtension and other editors could do that. Kinda feeling like modding my own game so Paladins etc aren't useless and Dark Elf isn't so cheese

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 24 Jul 2019, 12:37

justl wrote:
alekssandros wrote:BUG REPORT:
1. trained in Misty Islands, Townportaled to New Sorpigal.
2. skilled some skills (mind, spirit and body).
3. portaled to Tularean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger.
4. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load until you get a bounty over 3k)
5. got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich (mm7), but return to 103 when I am in Enroth (mm6). I assumed this like normal)
6. hunted dwarve, claimed reward then portaled to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am)
7. go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental.
8. After Kill I went to claim the reward. checked the reputation counter and it was 6 like in Antagarich and not 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repeated all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest)
The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug.
I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after reputation-check and counter change didnt happen again.
put his sentences a bit apart and numbered, if that helps
somewhere in the thread is the info from rodril, that reputation is mapbound even in mm6 (and not over whole enroth like in vanilla)
Thanx justl for that and sorry for my english
Templayer wrote: Unfortunately I have great trouble reading what you have written. Are you russian by any chance? There are a few russians around here, so if you gave them a russian version, they could be able to translate it to English.

I'll put it into the Bug Tracker as it is now, but I would love "if post correct version"! :oex: :D :devious:
I love Russia but I am not a ruski, I'm a spanish speaker from Argentina n_n PERDÓN n_n!

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 24 Jul 2019, 12:47

qtish wrote:So, anything can be done, so that Dark Elf is not the only class that can GM merchant, that one of the MM7 classes could, maybe useless Druid at least.
edit "Class Skills.txt" in data/TABLES with "TxtEdit.exe" (I download it from Grayface's site) and modified the class u want

I did it with Paladin and priests

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Jul 2019, 13:57

raekuul wrote:During Hardware Mode, upon attempting to Town Portal into The Breach so that I can complete the quest regarding Runaway Chaos, I receive a popup with the message "HiScreen16::LoadTexture - D3Drend -> CreateTexture() failed:0", followed by either a hang or a crash to desktop.
I can make a patch build that would help find the problem.
justl wrote:somewhere in the thread is the info from rodril, that reputation is mapbound even in mm6 (and not over whole enroth like in vanilla)
Internally. Rodril's script makes it uniform across the MM6 continent.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Jul 2019, 15:06

Templayer wrote:Image
I never even imagined so many partitions :-D
Templayer wrote:We are talking about someone taking the mod over by autumn.
We'll see. I'd probably take it.
Templayer wrote:And then make a new website (a dynamic one... I payed a good buck for an offline program that can do just that)
There are all sorts of free options too. Github has Jekyll and I made my own solution in Lua just for fun.
Templayer wrote:with a forum.
No. That doesn't give a single benefit, except a better forum engine.
SpectralDragon wrote:That aside, well ... you asked for it, you get it!

Even as a prototype (any suggestions?) this thing scares me to no avail because it˙s obvious it shouldn´t be like this. Revenant Troll! :scared:
Reminds me of a stone golem/demon from Warcraft 3. Looks very cool, but too desaturated for a zombie.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Jul 2019, 16:23

sahinabi wrote:I'm trying to install this mod on my Mac. I have MM8 Gog version and installed GrayFace 2.3.1 without problems. But when I try to run this mod, I get this debug screen after the opening video:

Code: Select all

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000001 in 32-bit code (0x004527be).
Register dump:
 CS:001b SS:0023 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:1007 GS:000f
 EIP:004527be ESP:0033fc8c EBP:0033fca8 EFLAGS:00210202(  R- --  I   - - - )
 EAX:00000001 EBX:00000000 ECX:016a0138 EDX:04a7ef88
 ESI:04a7ef88 EDI:005e9530
Stack dump:
0x0033fc8c:  005efbc8 005e9530 00000000 00000005
0x0033fc9c:  005efba8 00000000 00000000 0033fcd4
0x0033fcac:  0045467d 00000001 00147048 00000000
0x0033fcbc:  000002fa 0000011e 0033fcb0 0033fea0
0x0033fccc:  004e6f4a ffffffff 0033fcf8 00464071
0x0033fcdc:  00000001 00147048 00000000 00000001
0200: sel=1007 base=7ffc0000 limit=00000fff 32-bit rw-
Backtrace:
=>0 0x004527be in mm8 (+0x527be) (0x0033fca8)
  1 0x0045467d in mm8 (+0x5467c) (0x0033fcd4)
  2 0x00464071 in mm8 (+0x64070) (0x0033fcf8)
  3 0x00460dfc in mm8 (+0x60dfb) (0x0033fe24)
  4 0x004dc90b in mm8 (+0xdc90a) (0x0033feb0)
  5 0x7b854b1c call_process_entry+0xb() in kernel32 (0x0033fec8)
  6 0x7b85a2c7 start_process+0x66() in kernel32 (0x0033ff08)
  7 0x7bc72cac call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0033ff28)
  8 0x7bc74f6a call_thread_func+0x89() in ntdll (0x0033ffa8)
  9 0x7bc72c72 call_thread_entry_point+0x11() in ntdll (0x0033ffc8)
  10 0x7bc46c0e start_process+0x1d() in ntdll (0x0033ffe8)
  11 0x4000758d wine_call_on_stack+0x1c() in libwine.1.0.dylib (0x00000000)
  12 0x400075bf wine_switch_to_stack+0x1e() in libwine.1.0.dylib (0xfeffef08)
  13 0x7bc4bb38 LdrInitializeThunk+0x257() in ntdll (0xfeffef58)
  14 0x7b85edac __wine_kernel_init+0x84b() in kernel32 (0xfefffef8)
  15 0x7bc4a6b9 __wine_process_init+0x268() in ntdll (0xfeffff88)
  16 0xa7d995f8 _pthread_body+0x88() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffa8)
  17 0xa7d9c7f7 _pthread_start+0x4d() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffc8)
  18 0xa7d987ce thread_start+0x21() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffec)
0x004527be: movb	0x0(%eax),%dl
That's weird. It loads empty placemon.txt. Check that you don't have it in DataFiles folder. What's your order of installation?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 24 Jul 2019, 17:39

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:Image
I never even imagined so many partitions :-D
Templayer wrote:We are talking about someone taking the mod over by autumn.
We'll see. I'd probably take it.
Templayer wrote:And then make a new website (a dynamic one... I payed a good buck for an offline program that can do just that)
There are all sorts of free options too. Github has Jekyll and I made my own solution in Lua just for fun.
Templayer wrote:with a forum.
No. That doesn't give a single benefit, except a better forum engine.
SpectralDragon wrote:That aside, well ... you asked for it, you get it!

Even as a prototype (any suggestions?) this thing scares me to no avail because it˙s obvious it shouldn´t be like this. Revenant Troll! :scared:
Reminds me of a stone golem/demon from Warcraft 3. Looks very cool, but too desaturated for a zombie.
Yeah, Windows developers didn't quite consider that someone could do that. I need more partitions, but I do not have any letters free. And what you see there are just HDD and SSD partitions, not external non HDD ones and removable ones (my triple-layer bluray burner, a crapton of virtual drives, SD card, two partitions on one drive that is connected directly to the router and set as network drives,....).

You know if it was anyone else trying to take over the project, I would be like "let's see who makes the better fork!", but since it is you, oh great lord and savior, I have to humbly bow (and prepare my plans for assassination :D :D :D ). I could compile a things that I would like to see, like for example an mergeOptions configuration file. For example the black dragon Antagarich NPC portrait switch -> you have said that SpectralDragon's portrait is of too low quality to be used as the Antagarich Familiar dragon NPC portrait. I disagree with that statement, and it would bring us great joy if there was a switch for it in an mergeOptions configuration file. It should be pretty much trivial to do, but if I were to do it, we would risk it being fragile as far as updates go. What would not be that trivial would be an actual installer with choices, that would also be great! Like "I am a purist, do not add optional content to the game" :tsdown: and "I played the M&M games to death, and I wish to have all the additional content I can.", which in turn would determine default values for the config file. Together with the choice to have the Merge version of the MM6 modded world (forgot the name, too lazy to check, the one DaveHer is working on porting). An installer would also reduce the amount of new posts on this thread by A LOT.

Github sure is nice for project managing, but visual-wise, it is not great. Also it is very impersonal.

Having a a whole forum instead of a single thread would bring many benefits. You do not know that, since you are not the one maintaining the tracker. A standalone bug reporting thread would do wonders for my sanity!

Also it makes sense for the zombie to be so desaturated since it has half-turned to stone, if you have read the previous discussion on that matter (trolls can turn to stone on death, sunrise etc. in phantastical books and works. GDSpectra mentioned Tolkien's works). And I love the crackled look with my previous sentence, since it makes such an unique zombie.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 24 Jul 2019, 17:51

justl wrote:
Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:BUG REPORT:
1. trained in Misty Islands, Townportaled to New Sorpigal.
2. skilled some skills (mind, spirit and body).
3. portaled to Tularean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger.
4. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load until you get a bounty over 3k)
5. got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich (mm7), but return to 103 when I am in Enroth (mm6). I assumed this like normal)
6. hunted dwarve, claimed reward then portaled to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am)
7. go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental.
8. After Kill I went to claim the reward. checked the reputation counter and it was 6 like in Antagarich and not 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repeated all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest)
The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug.
I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after reputation-check and counter change didnt happen again.
Reputation is bound to continent, or to area in some cases.

Unfortunately I have great trouble reading what you have written. Are you russian by any chance? There are a few russians around here, so if you gave them a russian version, they could be able to translate it to English.

I'll put it into the Bug Tracker as it is now, but I would love "if post correct version"! :oex: :D :devious:
put his sentences a bit apart and numbered, if that helps
somewhere in the thread is the info from rodril, that reputation is mapbound even in mm6 (and not over whole enroth like in vanilla)
Still not readable by me. :D
I'll switch it up in the Bug Tracker though.
majaj wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I have the same problem with and without localization (here's a screenshot where I removed the localization string and the text in English is still not fully displayed)

Which is pretty bad, because information about how to get to The Breach just disappears.
This problem is solved by removing the division on paragraphs (continuous text), but it’s much more beautiful to see a text in paragraphs than a wall of text, right?
I would like to know if anyone has encountered this problem? (even if you are playing in the English version)
Ah, yes, this problem applies only to the texts from the LocalizeTables, apparently.
Same problem here. Finally i started to play from MM7, and i am unable to speak with Lord Markham or a judge, becouse they don't respond. I assume that is caused by localization which i am not using at all.
No, it is NOT the same problem (the original one is only visual, it has no effect on functionality), that is an entirely different problem. Also your problem has been here before several times and in each case was caused by a bad installation.
Thonkerton wrote:
You can use MMExtension and other editors could do that. Kinda feeling like modding my own game so Paladins etc aren't useless and Dark Elf isn't so cheese
There are txt files that you can freely edit. I have done some heavily modifications for my personal eventual playthrough (turning archers to Templars, Thieves to Pirates (non-regnan), Druids to Shamans and Sorcerers to Spellswords)
alekssandros wrote: I love Russia but I am not a ruski, I'm a spanish speaker from Argentina n_n PERDÓN n_n!
FUUUU**! :scared: :wall: :D :D :D
Do we have someone who is spanish around here? :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Jul 2019, 19:28

Templayer wrote:You know if it was anyone else trying to take over the project, I would be like "let's see who makes the better fork!", but since it is you, oh great lord and savior, I have to humbly bow (and prepare my plans for assassination :D :D :D ). I could compile a things that I would like to see, like for example an mergeOptions configuration file.
Good idea.
Templayer wrote:For example the black dragon Antagarich NPC portrait switch -> you have said that SpectralDragon's portrait is of too low quality to be used as the Antagarich Familiar dragon NPC portrait. I disagree with that statement, and it would bring us great joy if there was a switch for it in an mergeOptions configuration file.
Yes, either that or a separate download in the 1st post. Same with character unlocker.
Templayer wrote:It should be pretty much trivial to do, but if I were to do it, we would risk it being fragile as far as updates go. What would not be that trivial would be an actual installer with choices, that would also be great! Like "I am a purist, do not add optional content to the game" :tsdown: and "I played the M&M games to death, and I wish to have all the additional content I can.", which in turn would determine default values for the config file.
Gotta think about it. It (executable) shouldn't contain any files within itself, for sure. It may have 2 purposes: act as an installer that copies files to game folder and as a setup utility later on, resting in the game folder. Also, I still want to have it possible to copy files manually, just so it's easy to compare them between versions.
Templayer wrote:Together with the choice to have the Merge version of the MM6 modded world (forgot the name, too lazy to check, the one DaveHer is working on porting).
He's working on TCC. Gotta figure out how to incorporate it best.
Templayer wrote:Having a a whole forum instead of a single thread would bring many benefits. You do not know that, since you are not the one maintaining the tracker. A standalone bug reporting thread would do wonders for my sanity!
I'm comparing a standalone forum to a subforum within Celestial Heavens, like WoG and Equilibris have.
Templayer wrote:Also it makes sense for the zombie to be so desaturated since it has half-turned to stone, if you have read the previous discussion on that matter (trolls can turn to stone on death, sunrise etc. in phantastical books and works. GDSpectra mentioned Tolkien's works). And I love the crackled look with my previous sentence, since it makes such an unique zombie.
Yes, now I have, it makes sense, I've seen that in King's Bounty :) I like it too. Here's a slight tone change:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 24 Jul 2019, 20:35

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:You know if it was anyone else trying to take over the project, I would be like "let's see who makes the better fork!", but since it is you, oh great lord and savior, I have to humbly bow (and prepare my plans for assassination :D :D :D ). I could compile a things that I would like to see, like for example an mergeOptions configuration file.
Good idea.
Templayer wrote:For example the black dragon Antagarich NPC portrait switch -> you have said that SpectralDragon's portrait is of too low quality to be used as the Antagarich Familiar dragon NPC portrait. I disagree with that statement, and it would bring us great joy if there was a switch for it in an mergeOptions configuration file.
Yes, either that or a separate download in the 1st post. Same with character unlocker.
Templayer wrote:It should be pretty much trivial to do, but if I were to do it, we would risk it being fragile as far as updates go. What would not be that trivial would be an actual installer with choices, that would also be great! Like "I am a purist, do not add optional content to the game" :tsdown: and "I played the M&M games to death, and I wish to have all the additional content I can.", which in turn would determine default values for the config file.
Gotta think about it. It (executable) shouldn't contain any files within itself, for sure. It may have 2 purposes: act as an installer that copies files to game folder and as a setup utility later on, resting in the game folder. Also, I still want to have it possible to copy files manually, just so it's easy to compare them between versions.
Templayer wrote:Together with the choice to have the Merge version of the MM6 modded world (forgot the name, too lazy to check, the one DaveHer is working on porting).
Templayer wrote:Having a a whole forum instead of a single thread would bring many benefits. You do not know that, since you are not the one maintaining the tracker. A standalone bug reporting thread would do wonders for my sanity!
I'm comparing a standalone forum to a subforum within Celestial Heavens, like WoG and Equilibris have.
Templayer wrote:Also it makes sense for the zombie to be so desaturated since it has half-turned to stone, if you have read the previous discussion on that matter (trolls can turn to stone on death, sunrise etc. in phantastical books and works. GDSpectra mentioned Tolkien's works). And I love the crackled look with my previous sentence, since it makes such an unique zombie.
Yes, now I have, it makes sense, I've seen that in King's Bounty :) I like it too.
I'm so glad that you agree on many of those points!

Yeah, the unlocker should be an option in the mergeOptions configuration file. If 1 (or true, depends on implementation), the merge should use a different txt table for character creation.

I agree that the files should NOT be inside an installer exe file, but copy-able manually. The installer should however be there to ensure proper installation (moving of files in this case) and configuration, if the user desires so. Should localization files be included with that? Hmm. It would bubble up the size of the compressed package (a "rar" or "7z" or such that contains the Merge files and the installer). Maybe two versions of the package - one that is minimalistic (no optional content / localization files, no merge version of TCC) and one that is for people with decent connection speed (with everything mentioned). Hmm... I am only giving you options, the decision is yours, but an installer has been long overdue to simplify the whole process. It should be - install game, install merge, configure, play.

Just to make sure that GDSpectra knows about what you have said about the Troll after getting to know about the partial petrification.
SpectralDragon wrote:

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 24 Jul 2019, 22:17

Used the tranlator now xD I have a serious problem with irregular verbs xD.
The BUG is the point 8 (just happens one time at the momment)

BUG REPORT:
1. I trained in Misty Islands, then Townportaled to New Sorpigal.
2. I skilled up some skills (mind, spirit and body).
3. Then Lloyd's Beacon to Tularean Forest. I skilled up ID Monster and dagger.
4. I went to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load until you get a bounty over 3k)
5. I got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I am to Antagarich (mm7), but returning to 103 when I am back in Enroth (mm6). I assumed this like normal)
6. I hunted the dwarf, claimed reward then Lloyd's Beacon to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am)
7. I went to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. I got a 4k bounty in the first try for an earth elemental.
8. After I Killed hiim I went to claim the reward. checked the reputation counter and it was 6 like in Antagarich and not 105 how is suposed must be in Enroth

PS:I hope this can help. I think using the "quick save / load" trick may be affecting the game and generating the error. I DO NOT HAVE PROOFS. Just a theory.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Jul 2019, 03:20

alekssandros wrote:I think using the "quick save / load" trick may be affecting the game and generating the error. I DO NOT HAVE PROOFS. Just a theory.
What trick?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 25 Jul 2019, 03:35

Yes. Look in the table folder for Class Skills. M is for master, and G is for GrandMaster. You can assign grandmaster skill to any of the character's skills. You must use GrayFace Text Editor.
David. :)
Last edited by DaveHer on 25 Jul 2019, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Jul 2019, 05:22

GrayFace wrote:
alekssandros wrote:I think using the "quick save / load" trick may be affecting the game and generating the error. I DO NOT HAVE PROOFS. Just a theory.
What trick?
He probably means how he quick-loaded until there was a bounty that he wanted.
DaveHer wrote:
Yes. Look in the table folder for Class Skills. M is for master, and G is for GrandMaster. You can assign grandmaster skill to any of the character's skills. You must use GrayFace Text Editor.
David. :)
Nah, I did edit the txt tables in notepad. It's doable, albeit hardcore. :D :D

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Jul 2019, 16:17

alekssandros wrote:Used the tranlator now xD I have a serious problem with irregular verbs xD.
The BUG is the point 8 (just happens one time at the momment)

BUG REPORT:
1. I trained in Misty Islands, then Townportaled to New Sorpigal.
2. I skilled up some skills (mind, spirit and body).
3. Then Lloyd's Beacon to Tularean Forest. I skilled up ID Monster and dagger.
4. I went to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load until you get a bounty over 3k)
5. I got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I am to Antagarich (mm7), but returning to 103 when I am back in Enroth (mm6). I assumed this like normal)
6. I hunted the dwarf, claimed reward then Lloyd's Beacon to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am)
7. I went to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. I got a 4k bounty in the first try for an earth elemental.
8. After I Killed hiim I went to claim the reward. checked the reputation counter and it was 6 like in Antagarich and not 105 how is suposed must be in Enroth

PS:I hope this can help. I think using the "quick save / load" trick may be affecting the game and generating the error. I DO NOT HAVE PROOFS. Just a theory.
Updated the original bug report on the Tracker.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 25 Jul 2019, 17:28

Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Good idea.
Yes, now I have, it makes sense, I've seen that in King's Bounty :) I like it too.
I'm so glad that you agree on many of those points!

Yeah, the unlocker should be an option in the mergeOptions configuration file. If 1 (or true, depends on implementation), the merge should use a different txt table for character creation.

I agree that the files should NOT be inside an installer exe file, but copy-able manually. The installer should however be there to ensure proper installation (moving of files in this case) and configuration, if the user desires so. Should localization files be included with that? Hmm. It would bubble up the size of the compressed package (a "rar" or "7z" or such that contains the Merge files and the installer). Maybe two versions of the package - one that is minimalistic (no optional content / localization files, no merge version of TCC) and one that is for people with decent connection speed (with everything mentioned). Hmm... I am only giving you options, the decision is yours, but an installer has been long overdue to simplify the whole process. It should be - install game, install merge, configure, play.

Just to make sure that GDSpectra knows about what you have said about the Troll after getting to know about the partial petrification.
No worries, I've read the entire conversation and I'm liking those changes too, especially if GrayFace will indeed take over this mod if Rodril doesn't come back by autumn. I'm very much supporting the notion of one installer with multiple options, since I can also imagine that this'll make the mod look more professional, compressed and available for all branches of people from purists to ones like you are. ;)

Hilariously, I was also pretty displeased with that version of Troll Zombie, thus in those days I wasn't here, I came back and tweaked a bit more. However, GrayFace, any changes you make to the model PLEASE relay to me as well, so that they can be applied to portraits too, so that they don't look like out of place ... and unfortunately severe desaturation is not really an option for me because as you see in-game, we have Green and Blue Trolls ... and I honest to ANCIENTS don't wish to make 2 different Troll Zombie models because I personally see it as too much unecessary work and if I would try to add some color to the paperdoll then it'll be blatantly obvious it's supposed to be Green Troll only, so unfortunately I need to go border grayscale to compensate for both Trolls being Zombified into one model. :( :wall: :wall:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”