Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 20 2019, 17:08

Damn, how can I pull a wetsuit on a dragon? :D

User avatar
DaveHer
Scout
Scout
Posts: 199
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby DaveHer » Jul 20 2019, 18:02

Maslyonok wrote:Damn, how can I pull a wetsuit on a dragon? :D

This happen to me. I placed a wet suit in each of the player inventory. Then went into the ocean and the suit came on automatically. I do not know if this will still work. :) David

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 20 2019, 18:23

DaveHer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Damn, how can I pull a wetsuit on a dragon? :D

This happen to me. I placed a wet suit in each of the player inventory. Then went into the ocean and the suit came on automatically. I do not know if this will still work. :) David


It just works, thanks. :)
More about underwater suits:
Hands are not drown while holding weapon - Image
The quality of dwarf's underwater suit paperdoll is frustrating, I have to notice. =( Image

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1008
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 20 2019, 20:25

Maslyonok wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Damn, how can I pull a wetsuit on a dragon? :D

This happen to me. I placed a wet suit in each of the player inventory. Then went into the ocean and the suit came on automatically. I do not know if this will still work. :) David


It just works, thanks. :)
More about underwater suits:
Hands are not drown while holding weapon - Image
The quality of dwarf's underwater suit paperdoll is frustrating, I have to notice. =( Image

.... added to the Bug Tracker. :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

raekuul
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby raekuul » Jul 21 2019, 3:17

Just as a point of note as we're talking about those,
  1. The wetsuit blocks any and all equipment that isn't itself or a blaster in vanilla MM7, so if that is changed for Merge we'd need to create those "hands holding gear" assets for the wetsuits
  2. The transition from AvLee to The Shoals is supposed to be a one-day map border transition (ending all active spells), with the special addition of removing all non-party hirelings. As it is, The Lincoln is trivialized by the transition not ending Invisibility (though I don't know if that can be stopped without also shutting down the casting of magic in the Plane of Water).
Last edited by raekuul on Jul 21 2019, 3:21, edited 4 times in total.
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1008
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 21 2019, 8:07

raekuul wrote:Just as a point of note as we're talking about those,
  1. The wetsuit blocks any and all equipment that isn't itself or a blaster in vanilla MM7, so if that is changed for Merge we'd need to create those "hands holding gear" assets for the wetsuits
  2. The transition from AvLee to The Shoals is supposed to be a one-day map border transition (ending all active spells), with the special addition of removing all non-party hirelings. As it is, The Lincoln is trivialized by the transition not ending Invisibility (though I don't know if that can be stopped without also shutting down the casting of magic in the Plane of Water).

Added to the Bug Report.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 21 2019, 18:16

Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I have the same problem with and without localization (here's a screenshot where I removed the localization string and the text in English is still not fully displayed)
Image

Which is pretty bad, because information about how to get to The Breach just disappears.
This problem is solved by removing the division on paragraphs (continuous text), but it’s much more beautiful to see a text in paragraphs than a wall of text, right?
I would like to know if anyone has encountered this problem? (even if you are playing in the English version)
Ah, yes, this problem applies only to the texts from the LocalizeTables, apparently.
Last edited by Maslyonok on Jul 21 2019, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 43
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jul 22 2019, 2:59

is normal that the reputation re-start when u change from a continent to other many times or is a bug?

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1008
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 22 2019, 16:06

Maslyonok wrote:Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I have the same problem with and without localization (here's a screenshot where I removed the localization string and the text in English is still not fully displayed)
Image

Which is pretty bad, because information about how to get to The Breach just disappears.
This problem is solved by removing the division on paragraphs (continuous text), but it’s much more beautiful to see a text in paragraphs than a wall of text, right?
I would like to know if anyone has encountered this problem? (even if you are playing in the English version)
Ah, yes, this problem applies only to the texts from the LocalizeTables, apparently.

Added to the Bug Tracker.

alekssandros wrote:is normal that the reputation re-start when u change from a continent to other many times or is a bug?

It is a known bug - if you use Town Portal (or Dimension Door) while in turn-based your reputation resets.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 43
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jul 22 2019, 17:33

Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:is normal that the reputation re-start when u change from a continent to other many times or is a bug?

It is a known bug - if you use Town Portal (or Dimension Door) while in turn-based your reputation resets.


I wasnt in turn based mode :(

now I save it before transporting and I used lloys beacon

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1008
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 22 2019, 17:59

alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:is normal that the reputation re-start when u change from a continent to other many times or is a bug?

It is a known bug - if you use Town Portal (or Dimension Door) while in turn-based your reputation resets.


I wasnt in turn based mode :(

now I save it before transporting and I used lloys beacon

Oh. Are you sure? If you are, could you write down a detailed report for me to add to the Bug Tracker? We need to differentiate it from the turn-based one. :tsup:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 22 2019, 19:15

Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote:

It is a known bug - if you use Town Portal (or Dimension Door) while in turn-based your reputation resets.


I wasnt in turn based mode :(

now I save it before transporting and I used lloys beacon

Oh. Are you sure? If you are, could you write down a detailed report for me to add to the Bug Tracker? We need to differentiate it from the turn-based one. :tsup:


It will take more time to fix all these bugs than developing the whole mod. :D

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1008
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 22 2019, 19:24

Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:
I wasnt in turn based mode :(

now I save it before transporting and I used lloys beacon

Oh. Are you sure? If you are, could you write down a detailed report for me to add to the Bug Tracker? We need to differentiate it from the turn-based one. :tsup:


It will take more time to fix all these bugs than developing the whole mod. :D

Joke's on you! IT ALREADY DID. :D :D :D
(Rodril has been fixing bugs for years it feels like. And probably is.)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

nowy0000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby nowy0000 » Jul 23 2019, 11:17

Mod is awesome, good luck to finish work :-)
Last edited by nowy0000 on Jul 23 2019, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon
Posts: 1456
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Jul 23 2019, 13:26

majaj wrote:Hello, i get "Failed to load "fasm_Assemble" function from "ExeMods\MMExtension\FASM.dll"" when i try to run mm8.exe. I did first two steps from install guide: downloaded mm8 from gog and mod files (1,6 gb), and i copied them to mm8 folder. Please help.

Download https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ and copy all files into game folder WITHOUT overwriting.

Sinael wrote:Here's a question: is there any way to disable the texture filtering (make it nearest neighbour), without going into software mode?
Also is it possible to enable anisotropic filtering? The textures on the angled surfaces look really smudged so anisotropy would help with that.
Ideally I want something similar to Texture_nearest_mipmap_Linear+anisotropy 16 mode some quake sourceports have - makes textures look crisp up close, but use linearily filtered mipmaps+anisotropy on textures further away which results in a nice crisp look.

First, try enforcing anisotropic filtering through Nvidia Control Panel or something similar for AMD. Then reduce MipmapsCount value in mm8.ini to make things crisper. I haven't made the transition to a newer version of DirectX, so setting that from the game is impossible. Though, setting linear neighbor filtering should probably be possible.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1008
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 23 2019, 15:51

GrayFace wrote:
Sinael wrote:Here's a question: is there any way to disable the texture filtering (make it nearest neighbour), without going into software mode?
Also is it possible to enable anisotropic filtering? The textures on the angled surfaces look really smudged so anisotropy would help with that.
Ideally I want something similar to Texture_nearest_mipmap_Linear+anisotropy 16 mode some quake sourceports have - makes textures look crisp up close, but use linearily filtered mipmaps+anisotropy on textures further away which results in a nice crisp look.

First, try enforcing anisotropic filtering through Nvidia Control Panel or something similar for AMD. Then reduce MipmapsCount value in mm8.ini to make things crisper. I haven't made the transition to a newer version of DirectX, so setting that from the game is impossible. Though, setting linear neighbor filtering should probably be possible.

This prompted me to finally set the game properly (hardware settings), and enforce the game to use my Titan X. Supersampling antialiasing for the win!

Looks great. Too bad it is going to get rewritten (my game's settings, that is). If Rodril returns, that is.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 43
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jul 23 2019, 16:11

BUG REPORT:
After train in Misty Islands, TP to New Sorpigal. Make some skill up (mind, spirit and body). LB to Turulean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load unstil get a bounty over 3k) got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich but return to 103 when I am in Enroth. I assumed this like normal) easy hunted, claimed reward then LB to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am) go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental. After Killed I went to claim the reward. check the reputation counter and was 6 like in Antagarich and no 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repited all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest) The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug. I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after check reputation and didnt happens again the counter change.

User avatar
Templayer
Genie
Genie
Posts: 1008
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 23 2019, 18:07

alekssandros wrote:BUG REPORT:
After train in Misty Islands, TP to New Sorpigal. Make some skill up (mind, spirit and body). LB to Turulean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load unstil get a bounty over 3k) got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich but return to 103 when I am in Enroth. I assumed this like normal) easy hunted, claimed reward then LB to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am) go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental. After Killed I went to claim the reward. check the reputation counter and was 6 like in Antagarich and no 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repited all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest) The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug. I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after check reputation and didnt happens again the counter change.

Reputation is bound to continent, or to area in some cases.

Unfortunately I have great trouble reading what you have written. Are you russian by any chance? There are a few russians around here, so if you gave them a russian version, they could be able to translate it to English.

I'll put it into the Bug Tracker as it is now, but I would love "if post correct version"! :oex: :D :devious:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
justl
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 146
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby justl » Jul 23 2019, 19:41

Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:BUG REPORT:
1. trained in Misty Islands, Townportaled to New Sorpigal.
2. skilled some skills (mind, spirit and body).
3. portaled to Tularean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger.
4. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load until you get a bounty over 3k)
5. got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich (mm7), but return to 103 when I am in Enroth (mm6). I assumed this like normal)
6. hunted dwarve, claimed reward then portaled to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am)
7. go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental.
8. After Kill I went to claim the reward. checked the reputation counter and it was 6 like in Antagarich and not 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repeated all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest)
The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug.
I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after reputation-check and counter change didnt happen again.

Reputation is bound to continent, or to area in some cases.

Unfortunately I have great trouble reading what you have written. Are you russian by any chance? There are a few russians around here, so if you gave them a russian version, they could be able to translate it to English.

I'll put it into the Bug Tracker as it is now, but I would love "if post correct version"! :oex: :D :devious:


put his sentences a bit apart and numbered, if that helps
somewhere in the thread is the info from rodril, that reputation is mapbound even in mm6 (and not over whole enroth like in vanilla)
Last edited by justl on Jul 23 2019, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 23 2019, 19:47

Templayer wrote: There are a few russians around here

*reverence*


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests