Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 15 2019, 17:51

Is there a limit of artifacts that a group can have?

User avatar
Templayer
Druid
Druid
Posts: 855
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 15 2019, 18:28

Maslyonok wrote:Is there a limit of artifacts that a group can have?

That limit has been removed.
There is still a limit (I think) that certain artifacts should exist only once.

Which caused a problem with the artifact in question was in a dragon hoard and you sided with the dragons, or when stuff despawned.

I believe it was at least partially fixed, though.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 15 2019, 19:24

Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Is there a limit of artifacts that a group can have?

That limit has been removed.
There is still a limit (I think) that certain artifacts should exist only once.

Which caused a problem with the artifact in question was in a dragon hoard and you sided with the dragons, or when stuff despawned.

I believe it was at least partially fixed, though.

Great, thanks.

User avatar
Thonkerton
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Thonkerton » Jul 16 2019, 8:25

Jezebeth Noir wrote:I really like your idea about starting the game as a peasant, but for now it makes little sense: the normal classes obtains too quickly and easily. Don't you think that the knight or mage education should not be free to peasants? It should costs money, or completing some quest, or both. The applicant should also meet the requirements for level and base stats, and finally the class teachers shouldn't be easy to find. In addition, the education should take some time, a bit more time than a regular training in a training center. What do you think?

I would assume that the Peasant system is more of an abstraction to avoid having to populate towns with all the specific base classes to find. Also, the education does cost money, granted it's in training facilities when getting levels. From gameplay perspective, I don't see any worth in nerfing the Peasant recruiting system, it's not like you get any special benefit from obtaining level 1 characters. A more glaring "issue" is the Great "Peasants" you can find at training facilities for free and I believe they're always 5 or 10 levels higher than you with many masteries if you're high enough level, essentially giving you a character worth multiple hundreds of thousands gold coins when you account for the training and experties costs. At level 100 even a single level up can cost 10.000, then again at that point money isn't really an issue.

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 16 2019, 9:49

I've noticed one interesting bug: the regular golden plate is displayed incorrectly, as an artifact, Pellinore is displayed normally.
Аlthough they have the same sprites ...
Golden Plate
Pellinore
Last edited by Maslyonok on Jul 16 2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 16 2019, 10:22

Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Is there a limit of artifacts that a group can have?

That limit has been removed.
There is still a limit (I think) that certain artifacts should exist only once.

Which caused a problem with the artifact in question was in a dragon hoard and you sided with the dragons, or when stuff despawned.

I believe it was at least partially fixed, though.


About artifacts, I also noticed this thing: when you change pyramids for weapons / armor / etc. sometimes gives artifacts not related to the tent theme (for example, the Governor's Armor I got in the weapon's tent)

User avatar
Thonkerton
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Thonkerton » Jul 16 2019, 10:26

Maslyonok wrote:I've noticed one interesting bug: the regular golden plate is displayed incorrectly, as an artifact, Pellinore is displayed normally.
Аlthough they have the same sprites ...
Golden Plate
Pellinore

I think that's just a case of Merge not having all MM6 armor implemented yet. Even though Golden Armor and Pellinore (and few other artifacts) share the sprite, it probably isn't implemented from the same base item so they need to be added individually. I would assume that once the adjustments had been done for Pellinore, it'd be fairly simple to just copy the settings for Golden Armor. At any rate it is already in the tracker in few entries.
edit. Weirdly though I think most unadjusted sprites would not show the armor on at all and just show an X in the corner.
Last edited by Thonkerton on Jul 16 2019, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 16 2019, 12:51

Thonkerton wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:I've noticed one interesting bug: the regular golden plate is displayed incorrectly, as an artifact, Pellinore is displayed normally.
Аlthough they have the same sprites ...
Golden Plate
Pellinore

I think that's just a case of Merge not having all MM6 armor implemented yet. Even though Golden Armor and Pellinore (and few other artifacts) share the sprite, it probably isn't implemented from the same base item so they need to be added individually. I would assume that once the adjustments had been done for Pellinore, it'd be fairly simple to just copy the settings for Golden Armor. At any rate it is already in the tracker in few entries.
edit. Weirdly though I think most unadjusted sprites would not show the armor on at all and just show an X in the corner.


Yeah, I had the crossed circle half a year ago with some cloaks

sahinabi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby sahinabi » Jul 16 2019, 15:26

Hi there,

First of all, I just found this - great job. Couldn't wait to play it, literally :)

I'm trying to install this mod on my Mac. I have MM8 Gog version and installed GrayFace 2.3.1 without problems. But when I try to run this mod, I get this debug screen after the opening video:

Code: Select all

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000001 in 32-bit code (0x004527be).
Register dump:
 CS:001b SS:0023 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:1007 GS:000f
 EIP:004527be ESP:0033fc8c EBP:0033fca8 EFLAGS:00210202(  R- --  I   - - - )
 EAX:00000001 EBX:00000000 ECX:016a0138 EDX:04a7ef88
 ESI:04a7ef88 EDI:005e9530
Stack dump:
0x0033fc8c:  005efbc8 005e9530 00000000 00000005
0x0033fc9c:  005efba8 00000000 00000000 0033fcd4
0x0033fcac:  0045467d 00000001 00147048 00000000
0x0033fcbc:  000002fa 0000011e 0033fcb0 0033fea0
0x0033fccc:  004e6f4a ffffffff 0033fcf8 00464071
0x0033fcdc:  00000001 00147048 00000000 00000001
0200: sel=1007 base=7ffc0000 limit=00000fff 32-bit rw-
Backtrace:
=>0 0x004527be in mm8 (+0x527be) (0x0033fca8)
  1 0x0045467d in mm8 (+0x5467c) (0x0033fcd4)
  2 0x00464071 in mm8 (+0x64070) (0x0033fcf8)
  3 0x00460dfc in mm8 (+0x60dfb) (0x0033fe24)
  4 0x004dc90b in mm8 (+0xdc90a) (0x0033feb0)
  5 0x7b854b1c call_process_entry+0xb() in kernel32 (0x0033fec8)
  6 0x7b85a2c7 start_process+0x66() in kernel32 (0x0033ff08)
  7 0x7bc72cac call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0033ff28)
  8 0x7bc74f6a call_thread_func+0x89() in ntdll (0x0033ffa8)
  9 0x7bc72c72 call_thread_entry_point+0x11() in ntdll (0x0033ffc8)
  10 0x7bc46c0e start_process+0x1d() in ntdll (0x0033ffe8)
  11 0x4000758d wine_call_on_stack+0x1c() in libwine.1.0.dylib (0x00000000)
  12 0x400075bf wine_switch_to_stack+0x1e() in libwine.1.0.dylib (0xfeffef08)
  13 0x7bc4bb38 LdrInitializeThunk+0x257() in ntdll (0xfeffef58)
  14 0x7b85edac __wine_kernel_init+0x84b() in kernel32 (0xfefffef8)
  15 0x7bc4a6b9 __wine_process_init+0x268() in ntdll (0xfeffff88)
  16 0xa7d995f8 _pthread_body+0x88() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffa8)
  17 0xa7d9c7f7 _pthread_start+0x4d() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffc8)
  18 0xa7d987ce thread_start+0x21() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffec)
0x004527be: movb   0x0(%eax),%dl
Modules:
Module   Address         Debug info   Name (288 modules)
PE     400000- 101b000   Export          mm8
PE    32c0000- 34bf000   Deferred        mm8patch
PE   10000000-10025000   Deferred        smackw32
PE   21100000-2115e000   Deferred        mss32
PE   22100000-22114000   Deferred        mssa3d.m3d
PE   22300000-22311000   Deferred        mssds3ds.m3d
PE   22400000-22414000   Deferred        mssds3dh.m3d
PE   22500000-22514000   Deferred        msseax.m3d
PE   22600000-22616000   Deferred        mssfast.m3d
PE   26f00000-26f2a000   Deferred        mp3dec.asi
PE   30000000-30068000   Deferred        binkw32
PE   40001000-401b8000   Stabs           libwine.1.0.dylib
ELF   407c2000-407dc000   Deferred        version<elf>
  \-PE   407d0000-407da000   \               version
ELF   42082000-420fd000   Deferred        comdlg32<elf>
  \-PE   42090000-420e3000   \               comdlg32
ELF   42200000-42355000   Deferred        user32<elf>
  \-PE   42210000-4230c000   \               user32
ELF   42355000-4247b000   Deferred        gdi32<elf>
  \-PE   42360000-4240e000   \               gdi32
ELF   4247b000-424fe000   Deferred        advapi32<elf>
  \-PE   42480000-424e4000   \               advapi32
ELF   424fe000-42716000   Deferred        shell32<elf>
  \-PE   42500000-426d6000   \               shell32
ELF   42716000-427a0000   Deferred        shlwapi<elf>
  \-PE   42720000-42779000   \               shlwapi
ELF   427a0000-427e3000   Deferred        winspool<elf>
  \-PE   427b0000-427d9000   \               winspool
ELF   43000000-43110000   Deferred        comctl32<elf>
  \-PE   43010000-430e8000   \               comctl32
ELF   43110000-43199000   Deferred        ddraw<elf>
  \-PE   43120000-43176000   \               ddraw
ELF   43199000-4330d000   Deferred        wined3d<elf>
  \-PE   431a0000-432eb000   \               wined3d
ELF   4330d000-43361000   Deferred        winmm<elf>
  \-PE   43310000-43352000   \               winmm
ELF   43361000-433b6000   Deferred        dinput<elf>
  \-PE   43370000-433a1000   \               dinput
ELF   433b6000-43506000   Deferred        ole32<elf>
  \-PE   433c0000-434c0000   \               ole32
ELF   43506000-435a1000   Deferred        rpcrt4<elf>
  \-PE   43510000-4357c000   \               rpcrt4
PE   435a1000-43627000   Deferred        libfreetype.6.dylib
ELF   43627000-4364d000   Deferred        imm32<elf>
  \-PE   43630000-43647000   \               imm32
ELF   4364d000-436f8000   Deferred        winemac<elf>
  \-PE   43650000-436cd000   \               winemac
ELF   452e5000-45348000   Deferred        wineps<elf>
  \-PE   452f0000-45341000   \               wineps
ELF   454c8000-45608000   Deferred        oleaut32<elf>
  \-PE   454d0000-455b3000   \               oleaut32
PE   45bea000-45bf1000   Deferred        libobjc-trampolines.dylib
ELF   46761000-467c3000   Deferred        dsound<elf>
  \-PE   46770000-467a9000   \               dsound
ELF   467c3000-467f0000   Deferred        mmdevapi<elf>
  \-PE   467d0000-467e3000   \               mmdevapi
ELF   467f0000-4682a000   Deferred        winecoreaudio<elf>
  \-PE   46800000-46819000   \               winecoreaudio
PE   468ad000-468b7000   Deferred        applehdahalplugin
PE   49396000-4956b000   Deferred        glengine
PE   4956b000-4a72f000   Deferred        appleintelkblgraphicsgldriver
ELF   7a800000-7a930000   Deferred        opengl32<elf>
  \-PE   7a810000-7a8d9000   \               opengl32
ELF   7b800000-7b940000   Stabs           kernel32<elf>
  \-PE   7b810000-7b903000   \               kernel32
ELF   7bc00000-7bcfb000   Stabs           ntdll<elf>
  \-PE   7bc10000-7bcbd000   \               ntdll
ELF   7bf00000-7bf03000   Deferred        <wine-loader>
PE   9029f000-902a0000   Deferred        accelerate
PE   902a0000-902b6000   Deferred        libcginterfaces.dylib
PE   902b6000-90ba8000   Deferred        vimage
PE   90ba8000-90cc4000   Deferred        libblas.dylib
PE   90cc4000-90cfe000   Deferred        libbnns.dylib
PE   90cfe000-91051000   Deferred        liblapack.dylib
PE   91051000-91067000   Deferred        liblinearalgebra.dylib
PE   91067000-91080000   Deferred        libsparseblas.dylib
PE   91080000-91218000   Deferred        libvdsp.dylib
PE   91218000-913da000   Deferred        libvmisc.dylib
PE   913da000-913db000   Deferred        veclib
PE   9148e000-921d8000   Deferred        appkit
PE   92229000-9222a000   Deferred        applicationservices
PE   9222a000-92296000   Deferred        ats
PE   92298000-923b1000   Deferred        libfontparser.dylib
PE   923b1000-923f6000   Deferred        libfontregistry.dylib
PE   92442000-92474000   Deferred        libtruetypescaler.dylib
PE   924da000-924e0000   Deferred        colorsynclegacy
PE   92584000-925dd000   Deferred        hiservices
PE   925dd000-925ec000   Deferred        langanalysis
PE   925ec000-92641000   Deferred        printcore
PE   92641000-926dc000   Deferred        qd
PE   926dc000-926e9000   Deferred        speechsynthesis
PE   926e9000-9290c000   Deferred        audiotoolbox
PE   9290d000-9290e000   Deferred        audiounit
PE   92a3c000-92db7000   Deferred        cfnetwork
PE   92dcb000-92dcc000   Deferred        carbon
PE   92dcc000-92dd6000   Deferred        carbonsound
PE   92dd6000-92ddb000   Deferred        commonpanels
PE   92ddb000-9315e000   Deferred        hitoolbox
PE   9315e000-931af000   Deferred        htmlrendering
PE   931af000-931b3000   Deferred        help
PE   931b3000-931b9000   Deferred        imagecapture
PE   931b9000-93255000   Deferred        ink
PE   93255000-9328f000   Deferred        navigationservices
PE   9328f000-932aa000   Deferred        openscripting
PE   932aa000-932b0000   Deferred        print
PE   932b0000-932b3000   Deferred        securityhi
PE   932b3000-932ba000   Deferred        speechrecognition
PE   932c7000-9339b000   Deferred        colorsync
PE   9339b000-93423000   Deferred        coreaudio
PE   9347e000-93484000   Deferred        corebluetooth
PE   93484000-93783000   Deferred        coredata
PE   93783000-9378a000   Deferred        coredisplay
PE   9378a000-93bc2000   Deferred        corefoundation
PE   93bc3000-94277000   Deferred        coregraphics
PE   94278000-94527000   Deferred        coreimage
PE   945a0000-945f3000   Deferred        coremidi
PE   9475a000-9475b000   Deferred        coreservices
PE   9475b000-947d7000   Deferred        ae
PE   947d7000-94ab7000   Deferred        carboncore
PE   94ab7000-94b00000   Deferred        dictionaryservices
PE   94b00000-94b09000   Deferred        fsevents
PE   94b09000-94c65000   Deferred        launchservices
PE   94c65000-94d04000   Deferred        metadata
PE   94d04000-94d50000   Deferred        osservices
PE   94d50000-94dba000   Deferred        searchkit
PE   94dba000-94ddd000   Deferred        sharedfilelist
PE   94ddd000-94f37000   Deferred        coretext
PE   94f37000-94f75000   Deferred        corevideo
PE   94f75000-95002000   Deferred        corewlan
PE   950e5000-950ef000   Deferred        diskarbitration
PE   950fc000-950ff000   Deferred        forcefeedback
PE   950ff000-95465000   Deferred        foundation
PE   954a5000-954d5000   Deferred        gss
PE   95501000-95616000   Deferred        iobluetooth
PE   9567b000-95712000   Deferred        iokit
PE   95713000-95723000   Deferred        iosurface
PE   95776000-958ff000   Deferred        imageio
PE   958ff000-95904000   Deferred        libgif.dylib
PE   95904000-959ea000   Deferred        libjp2.dylib
PE   959ea000-95a10000   Deferred        libjpeg.dylib
PE   95a10000-95a37000   Deferred        libpng.dylib
PE   95a37000-95a3a000   Deferred        libradiance.dylib
PE   95a3a000-95a86000   Deferred        libtiff.dylib
PE   96267000-96281000   Deferred        kerberos
PE   969b5000-96a3d000   Deferred        metal
PE   96a3e000-96a4b000   Deferred        netfs
PE   98b0a000-98b13000   Deferred        libcldcpuengine.dylib
PE   98b13000-98b69000   Deferred        opencl
PE   98b69000-98b85000   Deferred        cfopendirectory
PE   98b85000-98b91000   Deferred        opendirectory
PE   99505000-99508000   Deferred        libcvmspluginsupport.dylib
PE   99508000-9950d000   Deferred        libcorefscache.dylib
PE   9950d000-99512000   Deferred        libcorevmclient.dylib
PE   99512000-9951b000   Deferred        libgfxshared.dylib
PE   9951b000-99528000   Deferred        libgl.dylib
PE   99528000-99563000   Deferred        libglimage.dylib
PE   99563000-996e2000   Deferred        libglprogrammability.dylib
PE   996e2000-99724000   Deferred        libglu.dylib
PE   9a0e5000-9a0f5000   Deferred        opengl
PE   9a0f5000-9a120000   Deferred        glrendererfloat
PE   9aca1000-9aee9000   Deferred        quartzcore
PE   9b381000-9b656000   Deferred        security
PE   9b656000-9b6c7000   Deferred        securityfoundation
PE   9b6ef000-9b6f4000   Deferred        servicemanagement
PE   9b827000-9b896000   Deferred        systemconfiguration
PE   9dd04000-9ddbb000   Deferred        apfs
PE   9e4cb000-9e4fa000   Deferred        apple80211
PE   9e4fb000-9e506000   Deferred        applefscompression
PE   9e602000-9e641000   Deferred        applejpeg
PE   9e788000-9e791000   Deferred        backgroundtaskmanagement
PE   9e791000-9e82b000   Deferred        backup
PE   9e966000-9e970000   Deferred        commonauth
PE   9eded000-9edff000   Deferred        coreemoji
PE   9ee69000-9eed1000   Deferred        corenlp
PE   9ef7c000-9efaf000   Deferred        coreservicesinternal
PE   9efaf000-9f037000   Deferred        coresymbolication
PE   9f037000-9f15b000   Deferred        coreui
PE   9f15b000-9f234000   Deferred        coreutils
PE   9f283000-9f2e0000   Deferred        corewifi
PE   9f2e0000-9f2f2000   Deferred        crashreportersupport
PE   9f35f000-9f36d000   Deferred        dfrfoundation
PE   9f3b0000-9f420000   Deferred        datadetectorscore
PE   9f420000-9f45e000   Deferred        debugsymbols
PE   9f45e000-9f5a2000   Deferred        desktopservicespriv
PE   9f8a8000-9fcc5000   Deferred        facecore
PE   a2b43000-a2b4e000   Deferred        libgpusupportmercury.dylib
PE   a37fe000-a3873000   Deferred        heimdal
PE   a3b32000-a3b3a000   Deferred        ioaccelerator
PE   a3b3a000-a3b54000   Deferred        iopresentment
PE   a3baf000-a3bd8000   Deferred        iconservices
PE   a3c0b000-a3ce5000   Deferred        languagemodeling
PE   a3ce5000-a3d20000   Deferred        lexicon
PE   a3d23000-a3d29000   Deferred        linguisticdata
PE   a3ebd000-a3ee4000   Deferred        metadatautilities
PE   a40e9000-a4115000   Deferred        multitouchsupport
PE   a41e4000-a41ef000   Deferred        netauth
PE   a4248000-a429a000   Deferred        otsvg
PE   a42e7000-a42f5000   Deferred        performanceanalysis
PE   a438a000-a43a7000   Deferred        protocolbuffer
PE   a4486000-a44a9000   Deferred        remoteviewservices
PE   a4553000-a4570000   Deferred        sharing
PE   a458f000-a4619000   Deferred        skylight
PE   a4648000-a4655000   Deferred        speechrecognitioncore
PE   a4951000-a49db000   Deferred        symbolication
PE   a4a2c000-a4a39000   Deferred        tcc
PE   a4a39000-a4a51000   Deferred        textureio
PE   a4a80000-a4a82000   Deferred        trustevaluationagent
PE   a4a82000-a4c08000   Deferred        uifoundation
PE   a4eac000-a4f7e000   Deferred        viewbridge
PE   a50f3000-a50f6000   Deferred        loginsupport
PE   a50f6000-a5108000   Deferred        login
PE   a51e6000-a521a000   Deferred        libcrfsuite.dylib
PE   a521a000-a5224000   Deferred        libchinesetokenizer.dylib
PE   a52ba000-a52bc000   Deferred        libdiagnosticmessagesclient.dyli
PE   a52ed000-a5556000   Deferred        libfosl_dynamic.dylib
PE   a555d000-a555e000   Deferred        libopenscriptingutil.dylib
PE   a5699000-a569b000   Deferred        libsystem.b.dylib
PE   a569b000-a569d000   Deferred        libthaitokenizer.dylib
PE   a56a9000-a56c0000   Deferred        libapple_nghttp2.dylib
PE   a56c0000-a56ec000   Deferred        libarchive.2.dylib
PE   a56ec000-a5836000   Deferred        libate.dylib
PE   a5839000-a583a000   Deferred        libauto.dylib
PE   a583a000-a584a000   Deferred        libbsm.0.dylib
PE   a584a000-a5858000   Deferred        libbz2.1.0.dylib
PE   a5858000-a58ad000   Deferred        libc++.1.dylib
PE   a58ad000-a58c1000   Deferred        libc++abi.dylib
PE   a58c1000-a58c2000   Deferred        libcharset.1.dylib
PE   a58c2000-a58d4000   Deferred        libcmph.dylib
PE   a58d4000-a58ea000   Deferred        libcompression.dylib
PE   a58ea000-a5900000   Deferred        libcoretls.dylib
PE   a5900000-a5902000   Deferred        libcoretls_cfhelpers.dylib
PE   a5a88000-a5c16000   Deferred        libcrypto.35.dylib
PE   a5f56000-a5fb0000   Deferred        libcups.2.dylib
PE   a60c2000-a60c3000   Deferred        libenergytrace.dylib
PE   a60c3000-a60da000   Deferred        libexpat.1.dylib
PE   a60f0000-a60f5000   Deferred        libgermantok.dylib
PE   a60f5000-a60fa000   Deferred        libheimdal-asn1.dylib
PE   a6124000-a6214000   Deferred        libiconv.2.dylib
PE   a6214000-a646f000   Deferred        libicucore.a.dylib
PE   a64b5000-a64b7000   Deferred        liblangid.dylib
PE   a64b7000-a64d0000   Deferred        liblzma.5.dylib
PE   a64e6000-a658e000   Deferred        libmecab.1.0.0.dylib
PE   a658e000-a678d000   Deferred        libmecabra.dylib
PE   a6955000-a6c97000   Deferred        libnetwork.dylib
PE   a6c97000-a740d000   Deferred        libobjc.a.dylib
PE   a7410000-a7415000   Deferred        libpam.2.dylib
PE   a7417000-a744b000   Deferred        libpcap.a.dylib
PE   a7488000-a74a1000   Deferred        libresolv.9.dylib
PE   a74ee000-a76bd000   Deferred        libsqlite3.dylib
PE   a7903000-a7907000   Deferred        libutil.dylib
PE   a7907000-a7915000   Deferred        libxar.1.dylib
PE   a7915000-a79f4000   Deferred        libxml2.2.dylib
PE   a79f4000-a7a1d000   Deferred        libxslt.1.dylib
PE   a7a1d000-a7a2d000   Deferred        libz.1.dylib
PE   a7a66000-a7a6b000   Deferred        libcache.dylib
PE   a7a6b000-a7a76000   Deferred        libcommoncrypto.dylib
PE   a7a76000-a7a7e000   Deferred        libcompiler_rt.dylib
PE   a7a7e000-a7a89000   Deferred        libcopyfile.dylib
PE   a7a89000-a7af1000   Deferred        libcorecrypto.dylib
PE   a7b5a000-a7b91000   Deferred        libdispatch.dylib
PE   a7b91000-a7bbf000   Deferred        libdyld.dylib
PE   a7bbf000-a7bc0000   Deferred        libkeymgr.dylib
PE   a7bc0000-a7bcd000   Deferred        libkxld.dylib
PE   a7bcd000-a7bce000   Deferred        liblaunch.dylib
PE   a7bce000-a7bd4000   Deferred        libmacho.dylib
PE   a7bd4000-a7bd7000   Deferred        libquarantine.dylib
PE   a7bd7000-a7bd9000   Deferred        libremovefile.dylib
PE   a7bd9000-a7bf1000   Deferred        libsystem_asl.dylib
PE   a7bf1000-a7bf2000   Deferred        libsystem_blocks.dylib
PE   a7bf2000-a7c7f000   Deferred        libsystem_c.dylib
PE   a7c7f000-a7c83000   Deferred        libsystem_configuration.dylib
PE   a7c83000-a7c87000   Deferred        libsystem_coreservices.dylib
PE   a7c87000-a7c8e000   Deferred        libsystem_darwin.dylib
PE   a7c8e000-a7c95000   Deferred        libsystem_dnssd.dylib
PE   a7c95000-a7ce5000   Deferred        libsystem_info.dylib
PE   a7ce5000-a7d0e000   Deferred        libsystem_kernel.dylib
PE   a7d0e000-a7d5e000   Deferred        libsystem_m.dylib
PE   a7d5e000-a7d7b000   Deferred        libsystem_malloc.dylib
PE   a7d7b000-a7d87000   Deferred        libsystem_networkextension.dylib
PE   a7d87000-a7d8e000   Deferred        libsystem_notify.dylib
PE   a7d8e000-a7d96000   Deferred        libsystem_platform.dylib
PE   a7d96000-a7da2000   Stabs           libsystem_pthread.dylib
PE   a7da2000-a7da6000   Deferred        libsystem_sandbox.dylib
PE   a7da6000-a7da9000   Deferred        libsystem_secinit.dylib
PE   a7da9000-a7db1000   Deferred        libsystem_symptoms.dylib
PE   a7db1000-a7dc6000   Deferred        libsystem_trace.dylib
PE   a7dc7000-a7dce000   Deferred        libunwind.dylib
PE   a7dce000-a7dfd000   Deferred        libxpc.dylib
Threads:
process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
00000008 (D) C:\GOG Games\Might and Magic 8\MM8.exe
   00000029    0
   00000027   15
   00000026   15
   00000024    0
   00000009    0 <==
0000000c services.exe
   0000001c    0
   0000001b    0
   00000012    0
   0000000e    0
   0000000d    0
00000010 winedevice.exe
   0000001a    0
   00000017    0
   00000016    0
   00000011    0
00000018 plugplay.exe
   0000001e    0
   0000001d    0
   00000019    0
0000001f explorer.exe
   00000023    0
   00000022    0
   00000021    0
   00000020    0
System information:
    Wine build: wine-CX15.3.1
    Platform: i386
    Version: Windows XP
    Host system: Darwin
    Host version: 18.5.0



Any suggestions?

Cheers

User avatar
Templayer
Druid
Druid
Posts: 855
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 16 2019, 16:06

Maslyonok wrote:I've noticed one interesting bug: the regular golden plate is displayed incorrectly, as an artifact, Pellinore is displayed normally.
Аlthough they have the same sprites ...
Golden Plate
Pellinore

Added to the Bug Tracker.

Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Is there a limit of artifacts that a group can have?

That limit has been removed.
There is still a limit (I think) that certain artifacts should exist only once.

Which caused a problem with the artifact in question was in a dragon hoard and you sided with the dragons, or when stuff despawned.

I believe it was at least partially fixed, though.


About artifacts, I also noticed this thing: when you change pyramids for weapons / armor / etc. sometimes gives artifacts not related to the tent theme (for example, the Governor's Armor I got in the weapon's tent)

Added to the Bug Tracker.

sahinabi wrote:Hi there,

First of all, I just found this - great job. Couldn't wait to play it, literally :)

I'm trying to install this mod on my Mac. I have MM8 Gog version and installed GrayFace 2.3.1 without problems. But when I try to run this mod, I get this debug screen after the opening video:

Code: Select all

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000001 in 32-bit code (0x004527be).
Register dump:
 CS:001b SS:0023 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:1007 GS:000f
 EIP:004527be ESP:0033fc8c EBP:0033fca8 EFLAGS:00210202(  R- --  I   - - - )
 EAX:00000001 EBX:00000000 ECX:016a0138 EDX:04a7ef88
 ESI:04a7ef88 EDI:005e9530
Stack dump:
0x0033fc8c:  005efbc8 005e9530 00000000 00000005
0x0033fc9c:  005efba8 00000000 00000000 0033fcd4
0x0033fcac:  0045467d 00000001 00147048 00000000
0x0033fcbc:  000002fa 0000011e 0033fcb0 0033fea0
0x0033fccc:  004e6f4a ffffffff 0033fcf8 00464071
0x0033fcdc:  00000001 00147048 00000000 00000001
0200: sel=1007 base=7ffc0000 limit=00000fff 32-bit rw-
Backtrace:
=>0 0x004527be in mm8 (+0x527be) (0x0033fca8)
  1 0x0045467d in mm8 (+0x5467c) (0x0033fcd4)
  2 0x00464071 in mm8 (+0x64070) (0x0033fcf8)
  3 0x00460dfc in mm8 (+0x60dfb) (0x0033fe24)
  4 0x004dc90b in mm8 (+0xdc90a) (0x0033feb0)
  5 0x7b854b1c call_process_entry+0xb() in kernel32 (0x0033fec8)
  6 0x7b85a2c7 start_process+0x66() in kernel32 (0x0033ff08)
  7 0x7bc72cac call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0033ff28)
  8 0x7bc74f6a call_thread_func+0x89() in ntdll (0x0033ffa8)
  9 0x7bc72c72 call_thread_entry_point+0x11() in ntdll (0x0033ffc8)
  10 0x7bc46c0e start_process+0x1d() in ntdll (0x0033ffe8)
  11 0x4000758d wine_call_on_stack+0x1c() in libwine.1.0.dylib (0x00000000)
  12 0x400075bf wine_switch_to_stack+0x1e() in libwine.1.0.dylib (0xfeffef08)
  13 0x7bc4bb38 LdrInitializeThunk+0x257() in ntdll (0xfeffef58)
  14 0x7b85edac __wine_kernel_init+0x84b() in kernel32 (0xfefffef8)
  15 0x7bc4a6b9 __wine_process_init+0x268() in ntdll (0xfeffff88)
  16 0xa7d995f8 _pthread_body+0x88() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffa8)
  17 0xa7d9c7f7 _pthread_start+0x4d() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffc8)
  18 0xa7d987ce thread_start+0x21() in libsystem_pthread.dylib (0xfeffffec)
0x004527be: movb   0x0(%eax),%dl
Modules:
Module   Address         Debug info   Name (288 modules)
PE     400000- 101b000   Export          mm8
PE    32c0000- 34bf000   Deferred        mm8patch
PE   10000000-10025000   Deferred        smackw32
PE   21100000-2115e000   Deferred        mss32
PE   22100000-22114000   Deferred        mssa3d.m3d
PE   22300000-22311000   Deferred        mssds3ds.m3d
PE   22400000-22414000   Deferred        mssds3dh.m3d
PE   22500000-22514000   Deferred        msseax.m3d
PE   22600000-22616000   Deferred        mssfast.m3d
PE   26f00000-26f2a000   Deferred        mp3dec.asi
PE   30000000-30068000   Deferred        binkw32
PE   40001000-401b8000   Stabs           libwine.1.0.dylib
ELF   407c2000-407dc000   Deferred        version<elf>
  \-PE   407d0000-407da000   \               version
ELF   42082000-420fd000   Deferred        comdlg32<elf>
  \-PE   42090000-420e3000   \               comdlg32
ELF   42200000-42355000   Deferred        user32<elf>
  \-PE   42210000-4230c000   \               user32
ELF   42355000-4247b000   Deferred        gdi32<elf>
  \-PE   42360000-4240e000   \               gdi32
ELF   4247b000-424fe000   Deferred        advapi32<elf>
  \-PE   42480000-424e4000   \               advapi32
ELF   424fe000-42716000   Deferred        shell32<elf>
  \-PE   42500000-426d6000   \               shell32
ELF   42716000-427a0000   Deferred        shlwapi<elf>
  \-PE   42720000-42779000   \               shlwapi
ELF   427a0000-427e3000   Deferred        winspool<elf>
  \-PE   427b0000-427d9000   \               winspool
ELF   43000000-43110000   Deferred        comctl32<elf>
  \-PE   43010000-430e8000   \               comctl32
ELF   43110000-43199000   Deferred        ddraw<elf>
  \-PE   43120000-43176000   \               ddraw
ELF   43199000-4330d000   Deferred        wined3d<elf>
  \-PE   431a0000-432eb000   \               wined3d
ELF   4330d000-43361000   Deferred        winmm<elf>
  \-PE   43310000-43352000   \               winmm
ELF   43361000-433b6000   Deferred        dinput<elf>
  \-PE   43370000-433a1000   \               dinput
ELF   433b6000-43506000   Deferred        ole32<elf>
  \-PE   433c0000-434c0000   \               ole32
ELF   43506000-435a1000   Deferred        rpcrt4<elf>
  \-PE   43510000-4357c000   \               rpcrt4
PE   435a1000-43627000   Deferred        libfreetype.6.dylib
ELF   43627000-4364d000   Deferred        imm32<elf>
  \-PE   43630000-43647000   \               imm32
ELF   4364d000-436f8000   Deferred        winemac<elf>
  \-PE   43650000-436cd000   \               winemac
ELF   452e5000-45348000   Deferred        wineps<elf>
  \-PE   452f0000-45341000   \               wineps
ELF   454c8000-45608000   Deferred        oleaut32<elf>
  \-PE   454d0000-455b3000   \               oleaut32
PE   45bea000-45bf1000   Deferred        libobjc-trampolines.dylib
ELF   46761000-467c3000   Deferred        dsound<elf>
  \-PE   46770000-467a9000   \               dsound
ELF   467c3000-467f0000   Deferred        mmdevapi<elf>
  \-PE   467d0000-467e3000   \               mmdevapi
ELF   467f0000-4682a000   Deferred        winecoreaudio<elf>
  \-PE   46800000-46819000   \               winecoreaudio
PE   468ad000-468b7000   Deferred        applehdahalplugin
PE   49396000-4956b000   Deferred        glengine
PE   4956b000-4a72f000   Deferred        appleintelkblgraphicsgldriver
ELF   7a800000-7a930000   Deferred        opengl32<elf>
  \-PE   7a810000-7a8d9000   \               opengl32
ELF   7b800000-7b940000   Stabs           kernel32<elf>
  \-PE   7b810000-7b903000   \               kernel32
ELF   7bc00000-7bcfb000   Stabs           ntdll<elf>
  \-PE   7bc10000-7bcbd000   \               ntdll
ELF   7bf00000-7bf03000   Deferred        <wine-loader>
PE   9029f000-902a0000   Deferred        accelerate
PE   902a0000-902b6000   Deferred        libcginterfaces.dylib
PE   902b6000-90ba8000   Deferred        vimage
PE   90ba8000-90cc4000   Deferred        libblas.dylib
PE   90cc4000-90cfe000   Deferred        libbnns.dylib
PE   90cfe000-91051000   Deferred        liblapack.dylib
PE   91051000-91067000   Deferred        liblinearalgebra.dylib
PE   91067000-91080000   Deferred        libsparseblas.dylib
PE   91080000-91218000   Deferred        libvdsp.dylib
PE   91218000-913da000   Deferred        libvmisc.dylib
PE   913da000-913db000   Deferred        veclib
PE   9148e000-921d8000   Deferred        appkit
PE   92229000-9222a000   Deferred        applicationservices
PE   9222a000-92296000   Deferred        ats
PE   92298000-923b1000   Deferred        libfontparser.dylib
PE   923b1000-923f6000   Deferred        libfontregistry.dylib
PE   92442000-92474000   Deferred        libtruetypescaler.dylib
PE   924da000-924e0000   Deferred        colorsynclegacy
PE   92584000-925dd000   Deferred        hiservices
PE   925dd000-925ec000   Deferred        langanalysis
PE   925ec000-92641000   Deferred        printcore
PE   92641000-926dc000   Deferred        qd
PE   926dc000-926e9000   Deferred        speechsynthesis
PE   926e9000-9290c000   Deferred        audiotoolbox
PE   9290d000-9290e000   Deferred        audiounit
PE   92a3c000-92db7000   Deferred        cfnetwork
PE   92dcb000-92dcc000   Deferred        carbon
PE   92dcc000-92dd6000   Deferred        carbonsound
PE   92dd6000-92ddb000   Deferred        commonpanels
PE   92ddb000-9315e000   Deferred        hitoolbox
PE   9315e000-931af000   Deferred        htmlrendering
PE   931af000-931b3000   Deferred        help
PE   931b3000-931b9000   Deferred        imagecapture
PE   931b9000-93255000   Deferred        ink
PE   93255000-9328f000   Deferred        navigationservices
PE   9328f000-932aa000   Deferred        openscripting
PE   932aa000-932b0000   Deferred        print
PE   932b0000-932b3000   Deferred        securityhi
PE   932b3000-932ba000   Deferred        speechrecognition
PE   932c7000-9339b000   Deferred        colorsync
PE   9339b000-93423000   Deferred        coreaudio
PE   9347e000-93484000   Deferred        corebluetooth
PE   93484000-93783000   Deferred        coredata
PE   93783000-9378a000   Deferred        coredisplay
PE   9378a000-93bc2000   Deferred        corefoundation
PE   93bc3000-94277000   Deferred        coregraphics
PE   94278000-94527000   Deferred        coreimage
PE   945a0000-945f3000   Deferred        coremidi
PE   9475a000-9475b000   Deferred        coreservices
PE   9475b000-947d7000   Deferred        ae
PE   947d7000-94ab7000   Deferred        carboncore
PE   94ab7000-94b00000   Deferred        dictionaryservices
PE   94b00000-94b09000   Deferred        fsevents
PE   94b09000-94c65000   Deferred        launchservices
PE   94c65000-94d04000   Deferred        metadata
PE   94d04000-94d50000   Deferred        osservices
PE   94d50000-94dba000   Deferred        searchkit
PE   94dba000-94ddd000   Deferred        sharedfilelist
PE   94ddd000-94f37000   Deferred        coretext
PE   94f37000-94f75000   Deferred        corevideo
PE   94f75000-95002000   Deferred        corewlan
PE   950e5000-950ef000   Deferred        diskarbitration
PE   950fc000-950ff000   Deferred        forcefeedback
PE   950ff000-95465000   Deferred        foundation
PE   954a5000-954d5000   Deferred        gss
PE   95501000-95616000   Deferred        iobluetooth
PE   9567b000-95712000   Deferred        iokit
PE   95713000-95723000   Deferred        iosurface
PE   95776000-958ff000   Deferred        imageio
PE   958ff000-95904000   Deferred        libgif.dylib
PE   95904000-959ea000   Deferred        libjp2.dylib
PE   959ea000-95a10000   Deferred        libjpeg.dylib
PE   95a10000-95a37000   Deferred        libpng.dylib
PE   95a37000-95a3a000   Deferred        libradiance.dylib
PE   95a3a000-95a86000   Deferred        libtiff.dylib
PE   96267000-96281000   Deferred        kerberos
PE   969b5000-96a3d000   Deferred        metal
PE   96a3e000-96a4b000   Deferred        netfs
PE   98b0a000-98b13000   Deferred        libcldcpuengine.dylib
PE   98b13000-98b69000   Deferred        opencl
PE   98b69000-98b85000   Deferred        cfopendirectory
PE   98b85000-98b91000   Deferred        opendirectory
PE   99505000-99508000   Deferred        libcvmspluginsupport.dylib
PE   99508000-9950d000   Deferred        libcorefscache.dylib
PE   9950d000-99512000   Deferred        libcorevmclient.dylib
PE   99512000-9951b000   Deferred        libgfxshared.dylib
PE   9951b000-99528000   Deferred        libgl.dylib
PE   99528000-99563000   Deferred        libglimage.dylib
PE   99563000-996e2000   Deferred        libglprogrammability.dylib
PE   996e2000-99724000   Deferred        libglu.dylib
PE   9a0e5000-9a0f5000   Deferred        opengl
PE   9a0f5000-9a120000   Deferred        glrendererfloat
PE   9aca1000-9aee9000   Deferred        quartzcore
PE   9b381000-9b656000   Deferred        security
PE   9b656000-9b6c7000   Deferred        securityfoundation
PE   9b6ef000-9b6f4000   Deferred        servicemanagement
PE   9b827000-9b896000   Deferred        systemconfiguration
PE   9dd04000-9ddbb000   Deferred        apfs
PE   9e4cb000-9e4fa000   Deferred        apple80211
PE   9e4fb000-9e506000   Deferred        applefscompression
PE   9e602000-9e641000   Deferred        applejpeg
PE   9e788000-9e791000   Deferred        backgroundtaskmanagement
PE   9e791000-9e82b000   Deferred        backup
PE   9e966000-9e970000   Deferred        commonauth
PE   9eded000-9edff000   Deferred        coreemoji
PE   9ee69000-9eed1000   Deferred        corenlp
PE   9ef7c000-9efaf000   Deferred        coreservicesinternal
PE   9efaf000-9f037000   Deferred        coresymbolication
PE   9f037000-9f15b000   Deferred        coreui
PE   9f15b000-9f234000   Deferred        coreutils
PE   9f283000-9f2e0000   Deferred        corewifi
PE   9f2e0000-9f2f2000   Deferred        crashreportersupport
PE   9f35f000-9f36d000   Deferred        dfrfoundation
PE   9f3b0000-9f420000   Deferred        datadetectorscore
PE   9f420000-9f45e000   Deferred        debugsymbols
PE   9f45e000-9f5a2000   Deferred        desktopservicespriv
PE   9f8a8000-9fcc5000   Deferred        facecore
PE   a2b43000-a2b4e000   Deferred        libgpusupportmercury.dylib
PE   a37fe000-a3873000   Deferred        heimdal
PE   a3b32000-a3b3a000   Deferred        ioaccelerator
PE   a3b3a000-a3b54000   Deferred        iopresentment
PE   a3baf000-a3bd8000   Deferred        iconservices
PE   a3c0b000-a3ce5000   Deferred        languagemodeling
PE   a3ce5000-a3d20000   Deferred        lexicon
PE   a3d23000-a3d29000   Deferred        linguisticdata
PE   a3ebd000-a3ee4000   Deferred        metadatautilities
PE   a40e9000-a4115000   Deferred        multitouchsupport
PE   a41e4000-a41ef000   Deferred        netauth
PE   a4248000-a429a000   Deferred        otsvg
PE   a42e7000-a42f5000   Deferred        performanceanalysis
PE   a438a000-a43a7000   Deferred        protocolbuffer
PE   a4486000-a44a9000   Deferred        remoteviewservices
PE   a4553000-a4570000   Deferred        sharing
PE   a458f000-a4619000   Deferred        skylight
PE   a4648000-a4655000   Deferred        speechrecognitioncore
PE   a4951000-a49db000   Deferred        symbolication
PE   a4a2c000-a4a39000   Deferred        tcc
PE   a4a39000-a4a51000   Deferred        textureio
PE   a4a80000-a4a82000   Deferred        trustevaluationagent
PE   a4a82000-a4c08000   Deferred        uifoundation
PE   a4eac000-a4f7e000   Deferred        viewbridge
PE   a50f3000-a50f6000   Deferred        loginsupport
PE   a50f6000-a5108000   Deferred        login
PE   a51e6000-a521a000   Deferred        libcrfsuite.dylib
PE   a521a000-a5224000   Deferred        libchinesetokenizer.dylib
PE   a52ba000-a52bc000   Deferred        libdiagnosticmessagesclient.dyli
PE   a52ed000-a5556000   Deferred        libfosl_dynamic.dylib
PE   a555d000-a555e000   Deferred        libopenscriptingutil.dylib
PE   a5699000-a569b000   Deferred        libsystem.b.dylib
PE   a569b000-a569d000   Deferred        libthaitokenizer.dylib
PE   a56a9000-a56c0000   Deferred        libapple_nghttp2.dylib
PE   a56c0000-a56ec000   Deferred        libarchive.2.dylib
PE   a56ec000-a5836000   Deferred        libate.dylib
PE   a5839000-a583a000   Deferred        libauto.dylib
PE   a583a000-a584a000   Deferred        libbsm.0.dylib
PE   a584a000-a5858000   Deferred        libbz2.1.0.dylib
PE   a5858000-a58ad000   Deferred        libc++.1.dylib
PE   a58ad000-a58c1000   Deferred        libc++abi.dylib
PE   a58c1000-a58c2000   Deferred        libcharset.1.dylib
PE   a58c2000-a58d4000   Deferred        libcmph.dylib
PE   a58d4000-a58ea000   Deferred        libcompression.dylib
PE   a58ea000-a5900000   Deferred        libcoretls.dylib
PE   a5900000-a5902000   Deferred        libcoretls_cfhelpers.dylib
PE   a5a88000-a5c16000   Deferred        libcrypto.35.dylib
PE   a5f56000-a5fb0000   Deferred        libcups.2.dylib
PE   a60c2000-a60c3000   Deferred        libenergytrace.dylib
PE   a60c3000-a60da000   Deferred        libexpat.1.dylib
PE   a60f0000-a60f5000   Deferred        libgermantok.dylib
PE   a60f5000-a60fa000   Deferred        libheimdal-asn1.dylib
PE   a6124000-a6214000   Deferred        libiconv.2.dylib
PE   a6214000-a646f000   Deferred        libicucore.a.dylib
PE   a64b5000-a64b7000   Deferred        liblangid.dylib
PE   a64b7000-a64d0000   Deferred        liblzma.5.dylib
PE   a64e6000-a658e000   Deferred        libmecab.1.0.0.dylib
PE   a658e000-a678d000   Deferred        libmecabra.dylib
PE   a6955000-a6c97000   Deferred        libnetwork.dylib
PE   a6c97000-a740d000   Deferred        libobjc.a.dylib
PE   a7410000-a7415000   Deferred        libpam.2.dylib
PE   a7417000-a744b000   Deferred        libpcap.a.dylib
PE   a7488000-a74a1000   Deferred        libresolv.9.dylib
PE   a74ee000-a76bd000   Deferred        libsqlite3.dylib
PE   a7903000-a7907000   Deferred        libutil.dylib
PE   a7907000-a7915000   Deferred        libxar.1.dylib
PE   a7915000-a79f4000   Deferred        libxml2.2.dylib
PE   a79f4000-a7a1d000   Deferred        libxslt.1.dylib
PE   a7a1d000-a7a2d000   Deferred        libz.1.dylib
PE   a7a66000-a7a6b000   Deferred        libcache.dylib
PE   a7a6b000-a7a76000   Deferred        libcommoncrypto.dylib
PE   a7a76000-a7a7e000   Deferred        libcompiler_rt.dylib
PE   a7a7e000-a7a89000   Deferred        libcopyfile.dylib
PE   a7a89000-a7af1000   Deferred        libcorecrypto.dylib
PE   a7b5a000-a7b91000   Deferred        libdispatch.dylib
PE   a7b91000-a7bbf000   Deferred        libdyld.dylib
PE   a7bbf000-a7bc0000   Deferred        libkeymgr.dylib
PE   a7bc0000-a7bcd000   Deferred        libkxld.dylib
PE   a7bcd000-a7bce000   Deferred        liblaunch.dylib
PE   a7bce000-a7bd4000   Deferred        libmacho.dylib
PE   a7bd4000-a7bd7000   Deferred        libquarantine.dylib
PE   a7bd7000-a7bd9000   Deferred        libremovefile.dylib
PE   a7bd9000-a7bf1000   Deferred        libsystem_asl.dylib
PE   a7bf1000-a7bf2000   Deferred        libsystem_blocks.dylib
PE   a7bf2000-a7c7f000   Deferred        libsystem_c.dylib
PE   a7c7f000-a7c83000   Deferred        libsystem_configuration.dylib
PE   a7c83000-a7c87000   Deferred        libsystem_coreservices.dylib
PE   a7c87000-a7c8e000   Deferred        libsystem_darwin.dylib
PE   a7c8e000-a7c95000   Deferred        libsystem_dnssd.dylib
PE   a7c95000-a7ce5000   Deferred        libsystem_info.dylib
PE   a7ce5000-a7d0e000   Deferred        libsystem_kernel.dylib
PE   a7d0e000-a7d5e000   Deferred        libsystem_m.dylib
PE   a7d5e000-a7d7b000   Deferred        libsystem_malloc.dylib
PE   a7d7b000-a7d87000   Deferred        libsystem_networkextension.dylib
PE   a7d87000-a7d8e000   Deferred        libsystem_notify.dylib
PE   a7d8e000-a7d96000   Deferred        libsystem_platform.dylib
PE   a7d96000-a7da2000   Stabs           libsystem_pthread.dylib
PE   a7da2000-a7da6000   Deferred        libsystem_sandbox.dylib
PE   a7da6000-a7da9000   Deferred        libsystem_secinit.dylib
PE   a7da9000-a7db1000   Deferred        libsystem_symptoms.dylib
PE   a7db1000-a7dc6000   Deferred        libsystem_trace.dylib
PE   a7dc7000-a7dce000   Deferred        libunwind.dylib
PE   a7dce000-a7dfd000   Deferred        libxpc.dylib
Threads:
process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
00000008 (D) C:\GOG Games\Might and Magic 8\MM8.exe
   00000029    0
   00000027   15
   00000026   15
   00000024    0
   00000009    0 <==
0000000c services.exe
   0000001c    0
   0000001b    0
   00000012    0
   0000000e    0
   0000000d    0
00000010 winedevice.exe
   0000001a    0
   00000017    0
   00000016    0
   00000011    0
00000018 plugplay.exe
   0000001e    0
   0000001d    0
   00000019    0
0000001f explorer.exe
   00000023    0
   00000022    0
   00000021    0
   00000020    0
System information:
    Wine build: wine-CX15.3.1
    Platform: i386
    Version: Windows XP
    Host system: Darwin
    Host version: 18.5.0



Any suggestions?

Cheers

Can't make head or tail from these. Seems more like a job for our Benevolent God.
GrayFace wrote:I am the Benevolent God

:D :D :D
(I love the ability to misquote people :D :D )
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 16 2019, 16:39

Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:About artifacts, I also noticed this thing: when you change pyramids for weapons / armor / etc. sometimes gives artifacts not related to the tent theme (for example, the Governor's Armor I got in the weapon's tent)


Added to the Bug Tracker.


In general, in each tent they give out the corresponding items, but artifacts are hand out, so to speak, out of turn.
i.e, that in the armory, that in the weaponry tent, both boots and rings and armor-weapons of relict class can be give out.

User avatar
Templayer
Druid
Druid
Posts: 855
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 16 2019, 17:02

Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:About artifacts, I also noticed this thing: when you change pyramids for weapons / armor / etc. sometimes gives artifacts not related to the tent theme (for example, the Governor's Armor I got in the weapon's tent)


Added to the Bug Tracker.


In general, in each tent they give out the corresponding items, but artifacts are hand out, so to speak, out of turn.
i.e, that in the armory, that in the weaponry tent, both boots and rings and armor-weapons of relict class can be give out.

Added to your original report.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

sahinabi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby sahinabi » Jul 16 2019, 17:35

Templayer wrote:Can't make head or tail from these. Seems more like a job for our Benevolent God.


Let our God hear our prayers, then :angel:

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 16 2019, 19:20

I was sitting, translating calmly, and then BAM. This string put me in a stupor. 8|
Comrades-Slavs (well, and not only), how to understand this sentence?

"Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go."

Maybe this is a proverb? Something about luck? Or maybe I'm just tired and can't understand simple things. :(

User avatar
Templayer
Druid
Druid
Posts: 855
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 16 2019, 19:34

Maslyonok wrote:I was sitting, translating calmly, and then BAM. This string put me in a stupor. 8|
Comrades-Slavs (well, and not only), how to understand this sentence?

"Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go."

Maybe this is a proverb? Something about luck? Or maybe I'm just tired and can't understand simple things. :(

Well, I believe that it is just plain wrong.

Keep in mind that the Merge strings were written by a non-native English speaker. At least I believe that.
Thus the English itself is in dire need of some correction.

Try giving us more than a single sentence so that we can get the context and perhaps deduce the meaning of the sentence given.

(English is my third language, by the way! :D :D :D )
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 16 2019, 20:09

Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:I was sitting, translating calmly, and then BAM. This string put me in a stupor. 8|
Comrades-Slavs (well, and not only), how to understand this sentence?

"Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go."

Maybe this is a proverb? Something about luck? Or maybe I'm just tired and can't understand simple things. :(

Well, I believe that it is just plain wrong.

Keep in mind that the Merge strings were written by a non-native English speaker. At least I believe that.
Thus the English itself is in dire need of some correction.

Try giving us more than a single sentence so that we can get the context and perhaps deduce the meaning of the sentence given.

(English is my third language, by the way! :D :D :D )



Oh, Is that so? Well, that explains something! :D It would be interesting to know whether is English is native for Rodril.
Tomorrow I'll throw here the whole piece, maybe this will clarify the matter.
(And for me, English is not the first lang., of course :) )

User avatar
Xfing
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 699
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Xfing » Jul 16 2019, 20:39

Maslyonok wrote:Oh, Is that so? Well, that explains something! :D It would be interesting to know whether is English is native for Rodril.


It clearly isn't, you can tell by how he writes his posts on this forum. That said, Verdant's dialogue was written by Echo, who does seem to be native, or at least passes for one pretty well.
Last edited by Xfing on Jul 16 2019, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Templayer
Druid
Druid
Posts: 855
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jul 16 2019, 20:52

Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:I was sitting, translating calmly, and then BAM. This string put me in a stupor. 8|
Comrades-Slavs (well, and not only), how to understand this sentence?

"Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go."

Maybe this is a proverb? Something about luck? Or maybe I'm just tired and can't understand simple things. :(

Well, I believe that it is just plain wrong.

Keep in mind that the Merge strings were written by a non-native English speaker. At least I believe that.
Thus the English itself is in dire need of some correction.

Try giving us more than a single sentence so that we can get the context and perhaps deduce the meaning of the sentence given.

(English is my third language, by the way! :D :D :D )



Oh, Is that so? Well, that explains something! :D It would be interesting to know whether is English is native for Rodril.
Tomorrow I'll throw here the whole piece, maybe this will clarify the matter.
(And for me, English is not the first lang., of course :) )

Also a lot of the fourth storyline stuff has been made by Echo.
Last edited by Templayer on Jul 16 2019, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Thonkerton
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 Jul 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Thonkerton » Jul 16 2019, 21:22

Maslyonok wrote:I was sitting, translating calmly, and then BAM. This string put me in a stupor. 8|
Comrades-Slavs (well, and not only), how to understand this sentence?

"Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go."

Maybe this is a proverb? Something about luck? Or maybe I'm just tired and can't understand simple things. :(

NPCText 2197 [insufficient] How often do you step in poop? I find that’s a good measure of how badly the world hates you. Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go. - Verdant
It's a failed attempt at imbuing the "other heroes" in the telelocator thing with Luck. "Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go." refers to how often the character steps in poop (is unlucky) and stepping on poop less than twice a day suggests improved luck for the character.
In other words
"Stepping on poop is a sign of bad luck, try again when you stop stepping on poop"
Last edited by Thonkerton on Jul 16 2019, 21:41, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Maslyonok
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 76
Joined: 18 Oct 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Maslyonok » Jul 17 2019, 7:29

Thonkerton wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:I was sitting, translating calmly, and then BAM. This string put me in a stupor. 8|
Comrades-Slavs (well, and not only), how to understand this sentence?

"Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go."

Maybe this is a proverb? Something about luck? Or maybe I'm just tired and can't understand simple things. :(

NPCText 2197 [insufficient] How often do you step in poop? I find that’s a good measure of how badly the world hates you. Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go. - Verdant
It's a failed attempt at imbuing the "other heroes" in the telelocator thing with Luck. "Once you get to less than twice a day give it another go." refers to how often the character steps in poop (is unlucky) and stepping on poop less than twice a day suggests improved luck for the character.
In other words
"Stepping on poop is a sign of bad luck, try again when you stop stepping on poop"


Woah, thanks.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests