Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 13 Jul 2019, 16:11

Templayer wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Like Roticet, he called you "temp", with the small starting letter. :devious: :devious: I'll only call you that if you're fine with it. ;) Bloody temp folders, arrrrghh!
I am fine with friends and Czech people calling me Temp. One Czech guy once tried saying "Templayer" and skipped the "m", and the resulting pronunciation was identical to that of "teplej", which is a sometimes derogatory term for a gay person. From that point onwards, all Czech people that cannot do proper English pronouncing can call me just "Temp". :D :D :D
Thanks ... and good Ancient Lords. :D
Yes?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 13 Jul 2019, 16:19

Templayer wrote: I am fine with friends and Czech people calling me Temp. One Czech guy once tried saying "Templayer" and skipped the "m", and the resulting pronunciation was identical to that of "teplej", which is a sometimes derogatory term for a gay person. From that point onwards, all Czech people that cannot do proper English pronouncing can call me just "Temp". :D :D :D
:D :D :D
SpectralDragon wrote: I actually called him (or her, just in case. I already had people be pissed off at me for "guessing" their gender wrong because masculine is also the gender-neutral pronoun! :disagree: :D :D Then what, mad people, should I then call you the same way Ashan Orcs call each other or what (since they HATE pronouns according to Ashan lore and yes, I actually checked that thanks to one gem of an Ashan-placed game called Dark Messiah)???) that because I couldn't remember the username in entirety, so I went with the short version of it I've found sensible. :D :D

"Trpe!" :D :D And no worries, even my AMERICAN friends call me Spectra nowadays, so I'm totally fine being called that. Much nicer one than being called any of my previous nicknames here on the Web, one of them being "Goldie". I was a much weirder person in the past there.

Like Roticet, he called you "temp", with the small starting letter. :devious: :devious: I'll only call you that if you're fine with it. ;) Bloody temp folders, arrrrghh!
To avoid confusion - I Sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter I am man :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Jul 2019, 17:25

Jezebeth Noir wrote:
Templayer wrote: Something like what Archibald is. He teaches GM in Dark Magic. Yet he is not a Liche. And he is not a priest of the dark either.
He is a Master Necromancer. :)
Btw he's warlock in Heroes 2. Does it means that druids should get a dark magic skill? :)
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/8144

Looks like XEL II from Horn of the Abyss crew thinks that Archibald is actually a dual-class (Master) Necromancer / Warlock.
Last edited by Templayer on 13 Jul 2019, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 13 Jul 2019, 17:26

Maslyonok wrote:To avoid confusion - I Sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter I am man :)
Ok, got it.

Lots of Ashan Orcs, at least in DM, seem to identify themselves as Attack Helicopters though, seeing how many times I saw them spin like Beyblades when they were falling to their deaths. :D :D :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 13 Jul 2019, 19:39, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Jul 2019, 19:12

SpectralDragon wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:To avoid confusion - I Sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter I am man :)
Ok, got it. I'm a she, but I'm totally fine being called a man as well because the Internet isn't too kind to females if they reveal themselves when it comes to gender, at least from my experiences. ^^; :D
Wait... for all those years.... YOU HAVE BEEN A GIRL THE ENTIRE TIME?
That's like the reverse of what happens on the internet. HAVE MY BABIES! :D :D :D :D

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 13 Jul 2019, 19:37

Templayer wrote: Wait... for all those years.... YOU HAVE BEEN A GIRL THE ENTIRE TIME?
That's like the reverse of what happens on the internet. HAVE MY BABIES! :D :D :D :D
I'm too stunned a little :D
SpectralDragon wrote: Ok, got it. I'm a she, but I'm totally fine being called a man as well because the Internet isn't too kind to females if they reveal themselves when it comes to gender, at least from my experiences. ^^; :D

Lots of Ashan Orcs, at least in DM, seem to identify themselves as Attack Helicopters though, seeing how many times I saw them spin like Beyblades when they were falling to their deaths. :D :D :D
Well, your fears are not completely groundless, I want to note :)
Mmm, Dark Messiah, llove it!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 13 Jul 2019, 19:45

Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote: Wait... for all those years.... YOU HAVE BEEN A GIRL THE ENTIRE TIME?
SpectralDragon wrote: Ok, got it.

Yeah and hey, aren't custom characters like Dracoliches, Minotaur Liches, Minotaur Zombies and whatnot considered "babies" by now? :D :D We did create them together after all with some help from Jamesx, me doing the graphics and you doing the voices, with Jamesx breathing them life. ;) ;) :D :D

As you can see here. :tongue: I've played enough FPS games to know this as well, thus generally I'm quiet about that and just let people drive their hardbass trains (which, btw, is an actual thing on YouTube :D :D), ha ha ha ha ha!
Ditto, still playing it each December and basically trying to discover just what sort of stuff you can do. Just last year I discovered that you can spare one of the bosses you have to fight to progress (not telling more because of spoiler reasons) and still progress,even though it's hard as FUUUUUU :D :D :D
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 13 Jul 2019, 19:57

Jezebeth Noir wrote: :gong:
Nice name!
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Jul 2019, 20:38

SpectralDragon wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Ok, got it.

Yeah and hey, aren't custom characters like Dracoliches, Minotaur Liches, Minotaur Zombies and whatnot considered "babies" by now? :D :D We did create them together after all with some help from Jamesx, me doing the graphics and you doing the voices, with Jamesx breathing them life. ;) ;) :D :D

As you can see here. :tongue: I've played enough FPS games to know this as well, thus generally I'm quiet about that and just let people drive their hardbass trains (which, btw, is an actual thing on YouTube :D :D), ha ha ha ha ha!
Jamesx was the doctor. :D :D :D

I do not play FPS games competitively now, only cooperatively. There are too many toxic FPS gaming communities that are full of children and imbeciles. Bleigh.
I still remember the Grand Cathedral level in Serious Sam Second Encounter Coop with my father. We set the amount of enemies to be 10x per additional player.
There were supposed to be hundreds of enemies. Instead, there were thousands. And no lag (direct actual LAN). It was awesome. :D

*Added "Bleigh" to Firefox Dictionary. :D :D

Too bad there aren't any really great first-person MMORPGs. Might and Magic 6-8 playstyle and gameplay would actually work on a principle, as long as dungeons are instanced. (and you are solo, of course). Imagine the capital of Krewlod (fully built Heroes 3 town)... and VISITING IT. *shivers*

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 13 Jul 2019, 21:10

Templayer wrote: I do not play FPS games competitively now, only cooperatively. There are too many toxic FPS gaming communities that are full of children and imbeciles. Bleigh.
I still remember the Grand Cathedral level in Serious Sam Second Encounter Coop with my father. We set the amount of enemies to be 10x per additional player.
There were supposed to be hundreds of enemies. Instead, there were thousands. And no lag (direct actual LAN). It was awesome. :D

Too bad there aren't any really great first-person MMORPGs. Might and Magic 6-8 playstyle and gameplay would actually work on a principle, as long as dungeons are instanced. (and you are solo, of course). Imagine the capital of Krewlod (fully built Heroes 3 town)... and VISITING IT. *shivers*
The Wizardry series are something like M&M, I think.
HoMM3 towns at M&M engine? Wow, that's would be great! great fantasy, though

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 14 Jul 2019, 07:46

Templayer wrote: Jamesx was the doctor. :D :D :D
Oh yes, too bad we had to bring out a Necromancer due to them being dead and whatnot at first ... and maybe either Halfgild/Vetrinus as well to turn them all lichy and nice. :D :D :D
Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote: I do not play FPS games competitively now, only cooperatively. There are too many toxic FPS gaming communities that are full of children and imbeciles. Bleigh.

Especially nowadays, thus I went out of them. Just too much for me. X~X That thousands-of-enemies count sounds both awesome and insane at the same time though, do you have a recording of that or something? :D

Believe me, I can imagine it and it's bloody majestic as all hell, especially when seeing the Thunderbird nest from the top level (3) of (Battle) Mage Guild in Krewlod and whatnot ... or maybe even finding rare trainers of Wyverns and Dragonflies at Tatalia (Fortress in HoMM3) that are the cause of why Trolls aren't invading them in MM7 :D :D ... and Deyja, oh my Lords, Deyja! Graveyards everywhere with an occasional tomb, estate and even a Hall of Darkness beside the Castle, with a Dragon Vault being hidden Ancients know where and just undead beings roaming around as both mobs and guards instead of just mere Goblins that we see in MM7. :D :D :D While in Tularean Forest and Avlee, we could potentially spot Dragon Cliffs at times, same in Nighon, only it's Dragon Caves instead with Beholders and Manticores and whatnot roaming around, ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Yes?

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 14 Jul 2019, 09:02

There's some bugs in russian localization:
* Characters don't receive awards in the character award list (with a few exceptions);
* When the judge or oracle returns or refuses to return lost items, he says that he agrees or disagrees to join our group;
* The chronicle tells us about the adventures of heroes from MM8, even if I started in Enroth or Erathia;
* The judges or oracles tips are not recorded at the journal.

Is there any of these bugs on the other languages? Could it be fixed?
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 14 Jul 2019, 09:18, edited 2 times in total.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 14 Jul 2019, 10:57

Jezebeth Noir wrote:There's some bugs in russian localization:
* Characters don't receive awards in the character award list (with a few exceptions);
* When the judge or oracle returns or refuses to return lost items, he says that he agrees or disagrees to join our group;
* The chronicle tells us about the adventures of heroes from MM8, even if I started in Enroth or Erathia;

Hmmm, can you attach screenshots, please? I'll try to fix it as I'm working at R. localization now

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Jul 2019, 11:15

Maslyonok wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 2+Wizardry

It would be great if some graphical restrictions were removed from the base engine, and additional graphical fidelity changes were introduced (like bloom, godrays,...)
So that we could make maps such as the Krewlod Capitol 1:1 if you were to stand at the "spot" that you can see the town from in Heroes. Then just to remake the whole planet of Enroth. And perhaps some MP capability. I would play it even if the players would be just paperdolls sliding along the ground, killing stuff. :D :D :D
As long as it is not just a WoW clone (like 99% MMORPGs) and principles are kept.

What I have noticed from M&M games (and a LOT of other games in general. Not Heroeses, though!) is that the towns are FLAT. There tends to be next to no verticality.
I'm personally from a CITY that is rather extremely vertical in some places, and most of it's "core", since it was build in a deep ravine. It will take me like 5 months to get to a camera in my budgeteering, but I'll show you afterwards what I mean!
SpectralDragon wrote: Especially nowadays, thus I went out of them. Just too much for me. X~X That thousands-of-enemies count sounds both awesome and insane at the same time though, do you have a recording of that or something? :D

Believe me, I can imagine it and it's bloody majestic as all hell, especially when seeing the Thunderbird nest from the top level (3) of (Battle) Mage Guild in Krewlod and whatnot ... or maybe even finding rare trainers of Wyverns and Dragonflies at Tatalia (Fortress in HoMM3) that are the cause of why Trolls aren't invading them in MM7 :D :D ... and Deyja, oh my Lords, Deyja! Graveyards everywhere with an occasional tomb, estate and even a Hall of Darkness beside the Castle, with a Dragon Vault being hidden Ancients know where and just undead beings roaming around as both mobs and guards instead of just mere Goblins that we see in MM7. :D :D :D While in Tularean Forest and Avlee, we could potentially spot Dragon Cliffs at times, same in Nighon, only it's Dragon Caves instead with Beholders and Manticores and whatnot roaming around, ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Nope, didn't record that back then. But we are going back to it, and we already recorded the First Encounter, available here: (I know you like the Czech voice-overed versions, so I am going to give you a Czech playlist) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... vYK3BjP6eT
(I don't remember if you have checked my NEW website at http://www.Templayer.cz ! It's easier to find series there than on youtube. I didn't change the "walls of text" so to speak, so they are still rather cringy. Maybe you wouldn't mind going through and identify the most cringy texts? :D :D (I mean you already watched hundreds of hours of my videos, so... :D ))
Jezebeth Noir wrote:There's some bugs in russian localization:

Added to the Bug Tracker.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 14 Jul 2019, 11:48

Checked some of your statements now and here's the result.
Jezebeth Noir wrote: * Characters don't receive awards in the character award list (with a few exceptions);
Here are my screenshots:
Maybe you should reinstall the game or try to install my updated localization?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 14 Jul 2019, 11:59

Templayer wrote: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 2+Wizardry

It would be great if some graphical restrictions were removed from the base engine, and additional graphical fidelity changes were introduced (like bloom, godrays,...)
So that we could make maps such as the Krewlod Capitol 1:1 if you were to stand at the "spot" that you can see the town from in Heroes. Then just to remake the whole planet of Enroth. And perhaps some MP capability. I would play it even if the players would be just paperdolls sliding along the ground, killing stuff. :D :D :D
As long as it is not just a WoW clone (like 99% MMORPGs) and principles are kept.

What I have noticed from M&M games (and a LOT of other games in general. Not Heroeses, though!) is that the towns are FLAT. There tends to be next to no verticality.
I'm personally from a CITY that is rather extremely vertical in some places, and most of it's "core", since it was build in a deep ravine. It will take me like 5 months to get to a camera in my budgeteering, but I'll show you afterwards what I mean!
What we are discussing now - it is a basis of a big project ... But the idea itself is cool, what can I say :)
I think I understand what kind of “verticality” you are talking about, there are cities built on mountainous or hilly terrain. But to create such cities in the game will be much more difficult, isn't it?
You used to play a lot in Wizardry, I see ;)

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 14 Jul 2019, 12:17

I've also noticed that seemingly randomly some NPCs in houses say that "Why would I join you?" blurb in completely unrelated topics. This is in English version so probably not a bug in Russian Localization as such. I'll try to post some reproductions if I can see it again and not just brainlessly keep clicking the dialogues.

Edit.
The same bug that causes end-game riddles to be not recognized most of the time seems to also affect choosing Path of Light/Dark in Enroth. It seems random if the dialogue option activates properly. Instead of promoting High Priest to Priest of Light it just goes back to the main 3 dialogue options and I can retry Path of Light and say Yes until it works. Curiously I didn't notice anything like this with Escaton.
Last edited by Thonkerton on 14 Jul 2019, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 14 Jul 2019, 13:53

Maslyonok wrote:Hmmm, can you attach screenshots, please? I'll try to fix it as I'm working at R. localization now
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 14 Jul 2019, 13:56

Maslyonok wrote:Checked some of your statements now and here's the result.
I use the localization from the first post link. Is there better one? Where i can find it?

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 14 Jul 2019, 14:24

Jezebeth Noir wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Checked some of your statements now and here's the result.
I use the localization from the first post link. Is there better one? Where i can find it?
MMMerge Tracker, find "Corrected Russian Localization Update", which I update occasionally.

Return to “Might and Magic”