Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Xfing » 21 Jun 2019, 08:39

Crusader_bin wrote:Listen to 2 or 3 tracks of Steel Panthers. *poof* Political correctness purged for good :D No more of this cancer :D
Edit: This is a thread about people that play a game from 1998. Not this generation anyway. :)
Well in Poland everyone's butthurt about "political correctness", and yet we have blasphemy laws - a woman is being sued for changing Virgin Mary's halo to rainbow-colored and putting up a few posters of it around Warsaw. Can't help but notice the hypocrisy 8| If anyone fights for free speech, it's either for everyone or for no one. If ppl are butthurt by the idea that some people's feelings are protected, they shouldn't act butthurt when their own are hurt. amirite or amirite?
Last edited by Xfing on 21 Jun 2019, 08:51, edited 2 times in total.

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 21 Jun 2019, 08:47

is there some way to become GM merchant in MM6 merge?

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 21 Jun 2019, 08:49

Xfing wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:Listen to 2 or 3 tracks of Steel Panthers. *poof* Political correctness purged for good :D No more of this cancer :D
Edit: This is a thread about people that play a game from 1998. Not this generation anyway. :)
Well in Poland everyone's ***** about "political correctness", and yet we have blasphemy laws - a woman is being sued for changing Virgin Mary's halo to rainbow-colored. Can't help but notice the hypocrisy 8| If anyone fights for free speech, it's either for everyone or for no one. If ppl are butthurt by the idea that some people's feelings are protected, they shouldn't act butthurt when their own are hurt. amirite or amirite?
We are getting off topic but you are right. I am also from Poland and I think sjw culture is not yet here. Half the political force still says that gays are evil etc, and abroad we are viewed as a fascist country because of that... Truth is, most people don't care either way. Better stop here though, these kinds of posts can lead to bad places lol
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 21 Jun 2019, 09:53

Much better, for the sake of all of us!

Sorry, had to showcase this one, I´m insanely proud of it. :D :D
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 21 Jun 2019, 10:02

alekssandros wrote:is there some way to become GM merchant in MM6 merge?
Rodril mentioned that most if not all Master teachers on Enroth also did GM teaching. If not, just skip to another continent and get your lesson there. Ravenshore has the Merchant GM for example, very easy and safe to access.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Jun 2019, 11:29

Xfing wrote:
Rodril mentioned that most if not all Master teachers on Enroth also did GM teaching. If not, just skip to another continent and get your lesson there. Ravenshore has the Merchant GM for example, very easy and safe to access.
The trainer you are looking for is in Silver Cove. :)
David

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 21 Jun 2019, 12:16

DaveHer wrote:
Xfing wrote:
The trainer you are looking for is in Silver Cove. :)
David
I know that M instructors gives GM promotion. The problem is that all classes from MM6 have GM merchan in red (blocked). Is supossed that Cerics from MM7 can become GM Merchant (well that says the manual)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 21 Jun 2019, 12:37

alekssandros wrote:
I know that M instructors gives GM promotion. The problem is that all classes from MM6 have GM merchan in red (blocked). Is supossed that Cerics from MM7 can become GM Merchant (well that says the manual)
Ohhh, right. The problem is that there is only one cleric class in the merge, they're not separated by continents. And clerics were nerfed in MM8 to master, and GM only goes to Dark Elves. Guess that's because some people could see this as promoting harmful stereotypes (or exposing unpretty reality, depending on where you stand) about the greediness and business-oriented attitude of priests :D

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 21 Jun 2019, 12:42

Just a question for all of you, how many dragon variants as PCs do you pals wish to see in this mod/base game of just MM8 even counting off undead ones? Since currently we still have just 2.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Jun 2019, 12:47

SpectralDragon wrote:Much better, for the sake of all of us!

Sorry, had to showcase this one, I´m insanely proud of it. :D :D
Excellent!

Also I had a lot of stuff written here, but upon submitting I got an error, losing everything. Oh how I love this forum!
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 21 Jun 2019, 13:03

SpectralDragon wrote:Just a question for all of you, how many dragon variants as PCs do you pals wish to see in this mod/base game of just MM8 even counting off undead ones? Since currently we still have just 2.
I'd be happy to see a fully functional Black, and the Ghost for the Zombie condition in base game.

The dracolich I'd prefer to be restricted to the unlocker, because yeah.

More than that, I dunno - they'd each require separate voice files I guess.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 21 Jun 2019, 13:07

Xfing wrote:I'd be happy to see a fully functional Black, and the Ghost for the Zombie condition in base game.

The dracolich I'd prefer to be restricted to the unlocker, because yeah.

More than that, I dunno - they'd each require separate voice files I guess.
Dracolich is actually meant to be for the Unlocker, so it's all well ... and yeah, even though I have no problem hearing the Black one having the same voice the Red one has, since that voice fits for both variants. For Azure, Rust and Faerie Dragons though ... yeaaaah.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Jun 2019, 13:09

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:Here's what is actually inside that .ico file:
EDIT: IMGUR screwed with the files, making absolute transparency black and partial transparency white, which looked terrible. Fixed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
That would be a nice icon, but resampling you used blurred it to death.
I was drowsy and couldn't see very well. I used Lanczos this time. Here's a V2 V3. I forgot about the biggest image in the V2 version, so here's a V3
ImageImageImageImageImage

Direct download: http://www.templayer.cz/storage/Might%2 ... n%20V3.ico
Ulož.to: https://www.ulozto.net/!TS5RUCTMfhut/mi ... con-v3-ico
Last edited by Templayer on 21 Jun 2019, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Jun 2019, 13:11

Xfing wrote: The dracolich I'd prefer to be restricted to the unlocker, because yeah.
The Dracolich IS restricted to the unlocker. How else would you create it? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jun 2019, 13:41

So, do we rely solely on Templayer to collect all suggestions and ready graphics in the tracker or do we split the topic into, say, "graphics, lore, some offtopic" and "announcements and support"? I think it's time to do the split.
Xfing wrote:Well in Poland everyone's butthurt about "political correctness", and yet we have blasphemy laws - a woman is being sued for changing Virgin Mary's halo to rainbow-colored and putting up a few posters of it around Warsaw. Can't help but notice the hypocrisy 8|
Not to mention the absolute barbarism of abortion ban.
Xfing wrote:Guess that's because some people could see this as promoting harmful stereotypes (or exposing unpretty reality, depending on where you stand) about the greediness and business-oriented attitude of priests :D
I think it does make sense to have only 1 GM class in such a skill. The only skills that come to mind that can be GM'ed by multiple classes are Light and Dark in MM7.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Jun 2019, 13:55

GrayFace wrote:So, do we rely solely on Templayer to collect all suggestions and ready graphics in the tracker or do we split the topic into, say, "graphics, lore, some offtopic" and "announcements and support"? I think it's time to do the split.
I would prefer a whole new website and a whole new forum, which would then be split to various sections and subsections. Graphics should have its own thread, bug reporting should have a standalone thread, Rodril's announcements --//-- etc.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 21 Jun 2019, 14:07

Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:So, do we rely solely on Templayer to collect all suggestions and ready graphics in the tracker or do we split the topic into, say, "graphics, lore, some offtopic" and "announcements and support"? I think it's time to do the split.
I would prefer a whole new website and a whole new forum, which would then be split to various sections and subsections. Graphics should have its own thread, bug reporting should have a standalone thread, Rodril's announcements --//-- etc.
Can't we just set up Nexus thing, it has posts and topics? I don't like reddit, but that's a thing as well.
I could create a website of it's own if you guys want, I think that this mod deserves it. But I'd rather someone else update the news section and moderate the forums in that case. I can create the thing, but won't have the time to manage it daily.
Or just stay here :)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 21 Jun 2019, 14:11

Crusader_bin wrote:Can't we just set up Nexus thing, it has posts and topics? I don't like reddit, but that's a thing as well.
I could create a website of it's own if you guys want, I think that this mod deserves it. But I'd rather someone else update the news section and moderate the forums in that case. I can create the thing, but won't have the time to manage it daily.
Or just stay here :)
If those new stuff will be on either Nexus or Reddit, then sadly I ain't coming there because I especially cannot be bothered making accounts there as well. But we'll, seeing how filled this forum is, I fully support this mod having its own website.
Yes?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jun 2019, 14:34

Crusader_bin wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Can't we just set up Nexus thing, it has posts and topics? I don't like reddit, but that's a thing as well.
Never heard of Nexus. Reddit is its own thing. It would be a different community. It can attract those who don't want to create an account here, but all that splitting of community... I also think a forum is a more "at home" place.
I don't see any reason at all for a website with a separate forum (a website wouldn't hurt for sure, but not forum). A subforum here? Yes, maybe. But I'd start with a thread for discussions and in-progress graphics and see how it goes.
Last edited by GrayFace on 21 Jun 2019, 14:41, edited 7 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 21 Jun 2019, 14:55

GrayFace wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
Templayer wrote: I would prefer a whole new website and a whole new forum, which would then be split to various sections and subsections. Graphics should have its own thread, bug reporting should have a standalone thread, Rodril's announcements --//-- etc.
Never heard of Nexus. Reddit is its own thing. It would be a different community. It can attract those who don't want to create an account here, but all that splitting of community... I also think a forum is a more "at home" place.
I don't see any reason at all for a website with a separate forum (a website wouldn't hurt for sure, but not forum). A subforum here? Yes, maybe. But I'd start with a thread for discussions and in-progress graphics and see how it goes.
I meant here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmagicviii/mods/

Like the first of the mods there has posts and forums enabled.

Might not be to your liking, but adding the merge there would probably boost it's popularity I think? If that's what you want that is :) Not my decision to make I feel.

Return to “Might and Magic”