Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 31 May 2019, 19:19

Rodril wrote: Here is all files that character portraits consist of, ahould be good example:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6tocouou5po ... cyPWa?dl=0
Thank you! :tsup: :applause: I'll try my best to provide you changed portraits and the body for the Minotaur Lich, even if it might need a bit of work post-editing that I asked Jamesx to do once he replies, back ASAP. The second question about character portraits was mainly for Jamesx's Dracolich portraits, since they're very confusing for me due to being blank in source files and if Jamesx won't continue doing them, then I'll gladly change them myself as well as add a Ghost Dragon extra in order to not make Dragon Zombie condition be the same as Dragon Lich one. :tsup:

Also, dang that head anatomy. Just made my job easier, as this basically means I don't need to worry too much about how are teeth positioned on his skull, ha ha ha ha ha! :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 31 May 2019, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 31 May 2019, 19:44

Anerag wrote:How can I edit maps from 6 and 7 with the mod installed? Hitting alt+F1 and clicking internal map only lists maps from 8. I've also tried editing a map in 6 and 7 then moving the files over but that results in a crash.

There's also something wrong with compiling maps in 6 and I'd love if someone could reply to my post in the MMExtension thread.
When I was using the editor I was in MM6 editing a map and when I click on internal map I got MM6 maps only. I think you can only get the maps of the game you are in. And yes I to am having trouble with the compiler. In my case I can not start a new game when I go to the map I edited the game crashes to the desk top. But if I load a saved game that's in the map I edited it will load and all the changes I made are there. This is strange. :|
David

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 31 May 2019, 19:52

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:Dragon melee is already implemented in the Merge, isn't it?
No. There's possibilty to make it just by editing text tables, if you want, but i've decided to keep orignal dragon's cheaty behaivor.
Please do. Finding out that there are portrait sprites and sounds for Dragon's melee attacking is a proof that (probably due to severe time constraints) the programmer that wanted to override the standard ranged attack (which dragons cannot do, as they cannot equip bows and longbows) with the breath weapon, actually overrode both standard attacks.

The override should be kept on the ranged attack (as we can rather safely presume that it was supposed to be that way, because no other way makes sense if we want to use the features that are in-game), but lifted from melee attack.

Also I do not know how the numbers work on a melee attack, and I quite wonder what will happen if someone would make a Dragon Monk. So just testing that to see the numbers scale up might be prudent, just in case. (I mean GM unarmed with claws and bites? I can see people trying that out... :D :D :D ... and we don't want the game to crash, or do 9999 damage, or whatever else that might produce)

An option somewhere in a txt is enough, I can write info on that on the Features Tracker and the Optional Modifications Tracker. This will make both the purists happy, and the people that want the game to be as full and uncut as it can be. :)

BTW Was it you or GrayFace that tried removing the override and found the cut content? I don't remember.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 31.05.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 31 May 2019, 19:55

I support @Templayer fully on that one. Dragon melee should be both in Merge and in core/stock MM8 if possible.
Yes?

Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anerag » 31 May 2019, 20:34

DaveHer wrote:When I was using the editor I was in MM6 editing a map and when I click on internal map I got MM6 maps only. I think you can only get the maps of the game you are in.
Nope.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 31 May 2019, 21:06

Anerag wrote:How can I edit maps from 6 and 7 with the mod installed? Hitting alt+F1 and clicking internal map only lists maps from 8. I've also tried editing a map in 6 and 7 then moving the files over but that results in a crash.
There are three archives with maps in "Data" folder: "games.lod", "mm6.games.lod" and "mm7.games.lod" to have access to other maps you have to rename "games.lod" to "mm8.games.lod" and one you need to "games.lod". That's only way in current version of MMEditor.

Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anerag » 31 May 2019, 21:23

Rodril wrote:There are three archives with maps in "Data" folder: "games.lod", "mm6.games.lod" and "mm7.games.lod" to have access to other maps you have to rename "games.lod" to "mm8.games.lod" and one you need to "games.lod". That's only way in current version of MMEditor.
Thank you! I still wish it would just list all of them but oh well.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 31 May 2019, 22:06

Here's current version of the editor, it allows it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu6v9q2nhvwb2 ... g.rar?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1ch92ulz24bj ... l.rar?dl=1
As for MM6, I've checked that the crash happens, I'll look for the bug. [edit] fixed
Last edited by GrayFace on 31 May 2019, 22:42, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 01 Jun 2019, 00:42

@GrayFace
Thank you for the up date of the editor and hope you can fix that MM6 bug. Spray it with some thing. lol :D
Last edited by DaveHer on 01 Jun 2019, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 01 Jun 2019, 07:28

Wow, you guys sure work fast :D BTW, is it safe for the saves to update the game using 31.05 data, or is it new game each time an update hits?
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 08:12

Crusader_bin wrote:Wow, you guys sure work fast :D BTW, is it safe for the saves to update the game using 31.05 data, or is it new game each time an update hits?
Just wait until more paperdolls are added, this mod's gonna be the best. ;) :D :D
Yes?

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 01 Jun 2019, 08:44

. Oops
Last edited by Jamesx on 01 Jun 2019, 08:46, edited 2 times in total.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 01 Jun 2019, 08:46

SpectralDragon wrote: As per necessity to not make this even more complicated, I have 2 questions for you:

-> What is the standard resolution for paperdolls and portraits?
This info is needed in order to properly scale both down, so that you don't have even more work than you'd usually have.

-> Can you send me a sheet/textfile describing which expression do Dracolich portraits exhibit as per their code number (30-50+) you have them in the source files?
Needed in order to properly edit them if necessary, so that I don't muck this up ... and will be really nice for Minotaur Lich portraits as well, since them thing will need to be redrawn over different angles and so on. :D :P
Paperdoll size is different for each race. For dragons it's identical to background size 175x378 px. Because they doesn't have any weapons and armor, they just attached to their background. So you can merge his doll into this size as you wish
For minotaures doll size is 98x310 px and they have different bitmaps for hands. this bitmaps included to archive with their heads, I sended before
Here is the conditions of most important portraits. It's identical for all characters and races

Code: Select all

01 - normal
02 - cursed
03 - weakness
04 - sleeping
05 - scared
06 - drunked
07 - madness
08 - poisoned
09 - diseased
10 - paralysed
11 - fainting
12 - stoned
13 - 21 different emotions used for item identify and other animations
22 - 24  speaking (when leaving the dungeon with enemies for example)
25 - 29  head turn that means "No"
30 - 33  head turn that means "Yes"
34 - 36  trap dodging
37 - 39  taking damage
40 - 56  different animations, most of them I can't link to actions
Last edited by Jamesx on 01 Jun 2019, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 08:49

Jamesx wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: As per necessity to not make this even more complicated, I have 2 questions for you:

-> What is the standard resolution for paperdolls and portraits?
This info is needed in order to properly scale both down, so that you don't have even more work than you'd usually have.

-> Can you send me a sheet/textfile describing which expression do Dracolich portraits exhibit as per their code number (30-50+) you have them in the source files?
Needed in order to properly edit them if necessary, so that I don't muck this up ... and will be really nice for Minotaur Lich portraits as well, since them thing will need to be redrawn over different angles and so on. :D :P
Paperdoll size is different for each race. For dragons it's identical to background size 175x378 px. Because they doesn't have any weapons and armor, they just attached to their background. So you can merge his doll into this size as you wish
For minotaures doll size is 98x310 px and they have different bitmaps for hands. this bitmaps included to archive with their heads, I sended before
Here is the conditions of most important portraits

01 - normal
02 - cursed
03 - weakness
04 - sleeping
05 - scared
06 - drunked
07 - madness
08 - poisoned
09 - diseased
10 - paralysed
11 - fainting
12 - stoned
13 - 21 different emotions used for item identify and other animations
22 - 24  speaking (when leaving the dungeon with enemies for example)
25 - 29  head turn that means "No"
30 - 33  head turn that means "Yes"
34 - 36  trap dodging
37 - 39  taking damage
40 - 56  different animations, most of them I can't link to actions
Tons of thanks! Once I'm done with the redone version, I'll send it all back to you both with and without front legs, so that you can add your little additions to it as well before the entire thing gets sent to Rodril as an updated version of it all. It's a real honor working this collab with you, not even joking. :tsup: :hug:
Yes?

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 01 Jun 2019, 08:59

SpectralDragon wrote: Tons of thanks! Once I'm done with the redone version, I'll send it all back to you both with and without front legs, so that you can add your little additions to it as well before the entire thing gets sent to Rodril as an updated version of it all. It's a real honor working this collab with you, not even joking. :tsup: :hug:
Thank you, working with it is honor for me too, you a good painter I saw your deviant)) ;)
Last edited by Jamesx on 01 Jun 2019, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 09:10

Jamesx wrote: Thank you, working with it is honor for me too, you a good painter I saw your deviant)) ;)
Talk about a small world. :D That aside, you wish me to send redone stuff back in here or via contact?
Yes?

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 01 Jun 2019, 09:15

SpectralDragon wrote:
Jamesx wrote: Thank you, working with it is honor for me too, you a good painter I saw your deviant)) ;)
Talk about a small world. :D That aside, you wish me to send redone stuff back in here or via contact?
As you wish) I always check all at same time. thsis forum, e-mail, deviant, social etc. So, I think I'll see your post anyway :D
Last edited by Jamesx on 01 Jun 2019, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 09:18

Jamesx wrote: As you wish) I always check all at same time. thsis forum, e-mail, deviant, social etc. So, I think I'll see your post anyway :D
Got it, just as long as you can get this, since email contact has been kind of quiet. Kind of afraid I've messed up again. :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Jun 2019, 11:56

DaveHer wrote:@GrayFace
Thank you for the up date of the editor and hope you can fix that MM6 bug. Spray it with some thing. lol :D
GrayFace's patented "Bug-Be-Gone" bug spray!
:thinking:
SpectralDragon wrote: Tons of thanks! Once I'm done with the redone version, I'll send it all back to you both with and without front legs, so that you can add your little additions to it as well before the entire thing gets sent to Rodril as an updated version of it all. It's a real honor working this collab with you, not even joking. :tsup: :hug:
I don't remember you responding to me telling you to document every process that goes into it, so that we can later put it on the tracker.
Currently when someone asks me about sprite making and integrating it into the game etc., I have to say "I don't know, ask that person".
It would be nice if I could redirect people to an article on the tracker. The more information, the better, best with subsections and subsubsections...
Jamesx wrote:
Thank you, working with it is honor for me too, you a good painter I saw your deviant)) ;)
Awwww, artist love! :embarrased: :applause:

Also guys - after you are done with paperdolls (I WANT AN ENROTHIAN BLACK DRAGON PAPERDOLL FOR THE WARLOCK QUEST DRAGON FAMILIAR IN ANTAGARICH, GODDAMNIT :D :D :D )
you could try repainting armours? Currently only like 3/8 of armours are available for them not sitting on MM8 paperdolls.
And also after that is done, you could try creating new equipment? If the style sits, then it shouldn't be a problem for Xfing to get proper values for it and classify it into tiers, etc.
And if Rodril is against that because it wasn't in the game before - hey, we can make it an Optional Modification!

Possibilities are endless at this point. :)
Except for new code things, since there are way too many little bugs right now.

Also don't forget to send me pictures of each new paperdoll + base portrait variant so that I can present that on the Tracker. That means Lich variants, zombie ones,...

PPS for Spectral: I have been long since been saying that there should be Vampire variants as well. Those should be the easiest to do, since it would mean adding fangs, making the skin more pale and adding glowy eyes. Minotaur Vampires, Dragon Vampires, Dark Elf & Elf Vampires, Goblin Vampires. Troll Vampires, Dwarf Vampires.... I mean heck, if someone does it via the Unlocker, who are we to deny the possibility? :D :D :D

PPPS: The way those Vampire variants could work (rather easily) would be for them to be disabled by default (and as such only available by the unlocker), and when manually selected the race would be vampire (with any class) and if a specific race was selected with the Vampire class, the graphic would switch to that variant by default (so selecting Vampire as a class and then selecting the graphic, for example Minotaur, would produce Minotaur Vampire instead of "Vampire Vampire").

You know what that would mean? We could have a full party of various UNDEAD. EVIL POWER MAXIMUM!!! :D :D :D
(why not have like Human Skeleton Knight (i.e. death knight :P (I know it is wrong but choosing the Lich race with the Knight class is just too awesome, I finished the game like that once, it's on youtube :D )), Minotaur Lich, Ghost Dragon (class probably Dragon), Dwarf Vampire Priest and zombie paladin (i.e. blackguard in this case)? Or any other combination, the possibilities would be quite many in this case.)
THE SCOURGE OF ENROTH MOD. :D
Last edited by Templayer on 01 Jun 2019, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Jun 2019, 12:36

Rodril removed / fixed a shi tton of bugs from the Tracker! YAAY!

Reported by: Pixoala » May 28 2019, 20:02
I got a bug: I can't take this paint for a quest (MM7, Barrow downs)
Rodril: fixed 31.05.2019

Reported by: Lucius » May 12 2019
I have a suggestion of making not working Protection from Magic Potion to Regeneration(as per spell) But that feels better as White potion I think
Templayer: Since the Protection from Magic potion is not working, I am going to add that to the Bug Tracker instead. Also just fixing the Protection from Magic Potion might also be a solution… I know, how surprising, right?
Rodril: actually Protection from magic did work and still works, only issue: buff apllied to whole party, not just player who drunk potion.
Templayer: But was that fixed? Is it single character buff only now?

Reported by: Daedros » May 11 2019, 6:49
Hirelings are affecting the amount of gold you receive from selling trade items, breaking the purpose of trade items. For example, i buy a Forged Credit Voucher for 6,500 Gold. With no Hirelings, i sell that Forged Credit Voucher for 7,237 Gold, a profit of 737 Gold. However, with 3 Instructors (-21% Gold), i sell that same Forged Credit Voucher, for 5,710 Gold, a loss of 790 gold. Conversely, Bankers and Factors will increase the profit you make from trade items.
Hirelings really should not be affecting the value of trade items.
Hirelings taking gold out of your Trade Items and Arena winnings annoys me. The hirelings say they take from gold that you find, which suggests anything you loot from a corpse or chest. They say nothing about taking gold from your rewards or sales. In fact, if you sell something directly to a shop, they don't take gold from that, which suggests that they shouldn't be taking gold from your Trades either.
Templayer: Agreed.
Rodril: 31.05.2019: hirelings won't take gold from trade actions and quest rewards anymore.

Most NPCs walking about are spawning as nameless Peasants that can't be hired. Only a small handful have professions that can be hired. I haven't seen a hireable Peasant that can be turned into a party member of any class in a long time, even when my party isn't full.
Rodril: profession distrubition fixed. Party-member-peasants won't spawn if you already have 8 of them hired. Dismiss some from adventurer's Inn to get more.

Reported by: justl » May 6 2019, 16:07
artifact ulysses (mm7 artifact if im right) - should fire iceshards as projectile, instead does normal arrows
Rodril: 31.05.2019 - fixed.

Reported by: justl » May 1 2019, 18:50
some time, when i wanna update a skill with an expert/master i get this error message and the game quits:
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360: attempt to index a nil value

stack traceback:
    ...he Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360: in function <...he Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:356>
    [C]: in function 'pcall'
    Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
    Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

arguments of '...he Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360':
    d = (table: 0x131e7ca8)

local variables of '...he Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360':
    PromotionName = "High Priest"
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = 50
    (*temporary) = 3
    (*temporary) = "attempt to index a nil value"

upvalues of '...he Destroyer\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360':
    GetPromName = (function: 0x04acb3c8)
    SkillToLearn = 2
    NamesCache = (table: 0x04acb3a0)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
*after some fixing* it works, but it says "you have to be promoted to <classname> (insert any class in here, text changes with class and teacher) to learn that skilllevel".
classname is actually always the class/promotion the character currently has (even if the skill is unlearnable by that class).
but at least no crashes anymore ... so - minor inconvinience with that text, i can live with that solution ;)
DaveHer: For me, the same thing was happening when I tried to get expert or master training. Crash to desk top. I found out why. It was because I used the console to get extra money.  When I used the console to get extra money in the original MM6 and it too started crashing when I tried to get expert and master training.  So I stop using the console for that.  Several page back some one put the script for doing that.  Maybe there was something wrong with the script. I do not know.
Rodril: fixed in 31.05.2019

Reported by: justl » Apr 30 2019, 7:53
mm6: anyone noticed that the shield-master in blackshire doesnt give grandmaster also?

Reported by: Daedros » Apr 29 2019, 22:27
Supreme Plate doesn't have a graphic for Trolls. Kind of wierd, since Zeus and Pellinore do, both are Artifact/Relic Plates as well.

Completing quests in Jadame does not appear to be giving regional reputation.
Rodril: MM8 quests have not been designed to affect reputation, they don't do it, like they did not in original MM8.

Reported by: Polyhedricus » Apr 28, 2019, 21:21
I couldn’t figure out exactly why it happened, but the first three times I killed the Reactor in the Devil Hive, the walls did not lower. When I killed it slowly, it opened as normal. I think maybe killing it too fast might’ve bugged it out, or possibly killing it with Dragonfire.

Reported by: Daedros » Apr 28 2019, 0:35
Created a new save with the Character Creation Unlocker and Racial Skills. Troll Knights are able to equip Plate Armor, but it doesn't have a graphic at all for them unfortunately.
Templayer: If you look at the Paint Tracker, all the MM8 plate armours were repainted to work with Trolls! So if they do not have graphics, then maybe Rodril forgot to put them in-game! Check page 21 of the Tracker.

Reported by: tm317 » Apr 22 2019, 2:17
Also the snow is messed up in the newest version when playing MM8(didn't check the other ones). The screen just looks like someone turned the brightness up to 10, but no snow.

Return to “Might and Magic”