Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
justl
Demon
Demon

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Unread postby justl » 03 May 2019, 05:34

DaveHer wrote:
justl wrote:
Rodril wrote:
Replace RemoveClassLimits.lua from "Scripts\Structs\After" folder with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d3w741sl2uaw ... s.lua?dl=0 , tell me if it works, please.
hi,
it works, but it says "you have to be promoted to <classname> (insert any class in here, text changes with class and teacher) to learn that skilllevel".
classname is actually always the class/promotion the character currently has (even if the skill is unlearnable by that class).
but at least no crashes anymore ... so - minor inconvinience with that text, i can live with that solution ;)

@templayer: you were right with the skullpiles of death needing gm of perception now - but the scrolls (t1 and t2?) you get out of them, are way to puny for gm perception skill (imho ...)

btw. anyone noticed that there is a significant imbalance with potion-ingridients? maybe its just bad luck for me, but i seem to find way more blue > red > yellow ones.

justl
For me, the same thing was happening when I tried to get expert or master training. Crash to desk top. I found out why. It was because I used the console to get extra money. When I used the console to get extra money in the original MM6 and it too started crashing when I tried to get expert and master training. So I stop using the console for that. Several page back some one put the script for doing that. Maybe there was something wrong with the script. I do not know.
David
got my money fair and square from looting corpses :) (so no cheating on money, but i got something over a million atm, maybe thats an issue?)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 03 May 2019, 08:00

kristal wrote:And one question: how on the Emerald Isle in the tavern to include an arcomage game.
Remove "7out01.lua" from "Scripts\Maps" folder.
justl wrote:it works, but it says "you have to be promoted to <classname> (insert any class in here, text changes with class and teacher) to learn that skilllevel".
classname is actually always the class/promotion the character currently has (even if the skill is unlearnable by that class).
but at least no crashes anymore ... so - minor inconvinience with that text, i can live with that solution ;)
Could you send me savegame, where you get this bug?
EQmonk wrote:Still got the Troll Knight Paint Doll Problem: Troll Knights don't show any Plate/Chain armor paint doll. I created a new game with the Character Creation Unlocker and Racial Skills. Troll Knights are able to equip Plate Armor, but it doesn't have a graphic at all for them unfortunately.
Reapply latest update, trolls have all armors except Supreme plate.

Liivvulonkulaas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Liivvulonkulaas » 03 May 2019, 14:18

I don't, hehe, tried to use it. I also don't know to to directly respond to people here. I did manage to give myself those horseshoes, but I'm wondering how to give characters skill levels normally not possible. Like changing 'unarmed' from novice to expert.
Last edited by Liivvulonkulaas on 03 May 2019, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 May 2019, 15:43

kristal wrote:Another mistake: In Erathia, where the obelisk and the griffins are, I found an artifact in a chest.
Added to the Bug Tracker.
EQmonk wrote: Still got the Troll Knight Paint Doll Problem: Troll Knights don't show any Plate/Chain armor paint doll. I created a new game with the Character Creation Unlocker and Racial Skills. Troll Knights are able to equip Plate Armor, but it doesn't have a graphic at all for them unfortunately.
Rodril forgot to add them in - they have been added in the newest patch I believe. Except for the Supreme Plate, that is.
justl wrote:
it works, but it says "you have to be promoted to <classname> (insert any class in here, text changes with class and teacher) to learn that skilllevel".

@templayer: you were right with the skullpiles of death needing gm of perception now - but the scrolls (t1 and t2?) you get out of them, are way to puny for gm perception skill (imho ...)
1. Added as an addition to the original report.
2. Maybe you could write that as a suggestion on the tracker? :devious:
DaveHer wrote: For me, the same thing was happening when I tried to get expert or master training. Crash to desk top. I found out why. It was because I used the console to get extra money. When I used the console to get extra money in the original MM6 and it too started crashing when I tried to get expert and master training. So I stop using the console for that. Several page back some one put the script for doing that. Maybe there was something wrong with the script. I do not know.
David
Added as an addition to the original report.
Liivvulonkulaas wrote:i also tried using mm8che to give one of my characters a couple of horseshoes but the next time I cast a spell the game crashes. I guess maybe the editor is not meant for a modded mm8 game.
No, it is not. There is a Cheat Engine made specifically for the Merge that allows you to do anything that the MM8CHE can do, and more. Given how complex Rodril made this mod, it is of no wonder. Check the tracker. The section is called Cheat Engine / Character Editor (replacement for MM8CHE)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 May 2019, 15:48

And once again the thread pages are filled so quickly that I don't even find out that there is a whole new page of posts
Liivvulonkulaas wrote:I don't, hehe, tried to use it. I also don't know to to directly respond to people here. I did manage to give myself those horseshoes, but I'm wondering how to give characters skill levels normally not possible. Like changing 'unarmed' from novice to expert.
In the upper right corner of every user's post is a quote button (with this symbol: " ) click on that. It will generate a response automatically. To respond to multiple people, open up multiple response tabs by opening that button in a new tab, write down your response underneath the quote, and then copy it out until you have all of them inside one "post a reply" tab. People WILL get notifications that someone replied to their post.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 03 May 2019, 17:11

Templayer wrote:
justl wrote:

1. Added as an addition to the original report.
2. Maybe you could write that as a suggestion on the tracker? :devious:
wasnt meant as a suggestion at my side, only as comment - the moment you have gm perception you likely have strong spells as well
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 03 May 2019, 18:43

Rodril wrote: Remove "7out01.lua" from "Scripts\Maps" folder.
Thank you!
It would be great to have on the continents were their Items in stores, in locations, in chests. Mixed items kill the atmosphere of the game.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 May 2019, 20:41

kristal wrote:
Rodril wrote: Remove "7out01.lua" from "Scripts\Maps" folder.
Thank you!
It would be great to have on the continents were their Items in stores, in locations, in chests. Mixed items kill the atmosphere of the game.
I strongly disagree.

I believe there should be an option for that so that people that wish to have pooled items depending on the continent could set it up like that.

ALSO you forgot ONE important thing. Armours from 6 and 7 aren't repainted!! Unless you want to play with the most basic Leather Armour for half the game until you got to the repainted artifacts and relics, of course. Until the armours are repainted, pooling items to continents makes no sense and would render the game nigh unplayable.

Zephez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zephez » 04 May 2019, 01:37

Rodril wrote:Are you sure, you've installed mod (1.7 gb) and not the update?
Ah! You are correct, I did have the update, not the actual mod.
Last edited by Zephez on 04 May 2019, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 May 2019, 12:38

I just found out that there was a Good Vampire Wizard in Heroes 2: https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Mandigal

Somebody here has said that there have never been good Vampires in MM lore. I guess they were WRONG. :D

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 05 May 2019, 04:01

Templayer wrote:I just found out that there was a Good Vampire Wizard in Heroes 2: https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Mandigal

Somebody here has said that there have never been good Vampires in MM lore. I guess they were WRONG. :D
Read the comments on that page. The person who listed Mandigal as a Vampire, was "guessing at their race", and listed him as a Vampire due to his skin color. Mandigal was part of the Wizards faction, which didn't have Vampires. The Necromancer faction was the one with Vampires, such as Ranloo, who was an obvious Vampire Necromancer. https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Ranloo
Last edited by Daedros on 05 May 2019, 04:04, edited 2 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 05 May 2019, 07:38

Rodril wrote:
Daedros wrote:Unicorn King isn't spawning on June 24th.
Have you visited all obelisks? He won't appear if you did not.
My bad, forgot about the Obelisk hidden in Dagger Wound Island's volcano. He used to show up regardless if you had all the Obelisks or not.

Since the latest update, i'm receiving a LOT of T1 junk from mobs that normally only drop gold, such as Dragon Hatchlings, Gorgons and Wyverns in Jadame.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 05 May 2019, 10:03

Hello, patch link have been updated.
Weather effects now will be displayed properly; fixed crash during learning skills for new classes; it won't be possible anymore to loot items in dungeons if they are too far away; workaround for Stone City crash added to the first post, also some tweaks have been done to fix it, though can not be sure if it is enough, since i can not reproduce it; couple of other minors (will mark them on tracker), thank you for reporting.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 05 May 2019, 11:06

hi,
castle darkmoor@mm6 (lich-home): problem with the steamy cauldrons (+2 fire) - wont give any character the treat
suggestion: disable them in mm6 overall?
justl

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 May 2019, 11:09

Daedros wrote:
Templayer wrote:I just found out that there was a Good Vampire Wizard in Heroes 2: https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Mandigal

Read the comments on that page. The person who listed Mandigal as a Vampire, was "guessing at their race", and listed him as a Vampire due to his skin color. Mandigal was part of the Wizards faction, which didn't have Vampires. The Necromancer faction was the one with Vampires, such as Ranloo, who was an obvious Vampire Necromancer. https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Ranloo
So I did write about it not being due to the skin colour but eye design, as all H2 Vampires share the same eye design, but this forum decided to throw away my post, and I am not writing that down again.
Daedros wrote:
Rodril wrote:
My bad, forgot about the Obelisk hidden in Dagger Wound Island's volcano. He used to show up regardless if you had all the Obelisks or not.

Since the latest update, i'm receiving a LOT of T1 junk from mobs that normally only drop gold, such as Dragon Hatchlings, Gorgons and Wyverns in Jadame.
1. I don't think so, on the newest GrayFace's patch with vanilla.
2. Added to the Bug Tracker.

Copy pasting this post into notepad just in case this forum decides to throw it away again.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 May 2019, 11:11

justl wrote:hi,
castle darkmoor@mm6 (lich-home): problem with the steamy cauldrons (+2 fire) - wont give any character the treat
suggestion: disable them in mm6 overall?
justl
Why disabling them? We aren't a modern day developer that throws away stuff like that when it is fixable.
Added to the bug tracker.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 May 2019, 11:13

Daedros wrote:
Rodril wrote:

This is something you can fix your self. Extra the text file call MONSTERS.txt from the EnglistT.Lod file. Look under treasure. 10d10 = money, 1sword = the weakest sword, 10% = chance that you will get the item. Edit the file and put it back into the EnglistT.Lod file. You will need the text editor from GrayFace site. Look at all the monsters treasure. :)
David

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2019, 11:38

Sorry, but where in game you have anything information about Mandigal's race? I don't remember anything about that.
Heroes from HoMM1-2 didn't have biography, gender or race discribed. You could guess what they are (a vampire, a zombie, a lich) but skin colour or eyes weren't any proof. For example Yog from HoMM1 was based on MM5's Yog, who simple was blue-skinned human barbarian with whole tribe of similar looking beings. Kastore was another blue-skinned hero (an elf from MM3). And another example was Tyro the Knight who was based on MM4's half-orc. And so on.
As for good vampires - you can play one in MM8 and there was Queen Kalindra in MM5, who was first cursed into vampirism and later cured.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 May 2019, 16:14

Avonu wrote:

Sorry, but where in game you have anything information about Mandigal's race? I don't remember anything about that.
Heroes from HoMM1-2 didn't have biography, gender or race discribed. You could guess what they are (a vampire, a zombie, a lich) but skin colour or eyes weren't any proof. For example Yog from HoMM1 was based on MM5's Yog, who simple was blue-skinned human barbarian with whole tribe of similar looking beings. Kastore was another blue-skinned hero (an elf from MM3). And another example was Tyro the Knight who was based on MM4's half-orc. And so on.
As for good vampires - you can play one in MM8 and there was Queen Kalindra in MM5, who was first cursed into vampirism and later cured.
Read my reply to another guy that said what you have said.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 05 May 2019, 16:28

hi,

mm6, dragonsand/paradise valley/hermits isle: when the character gets armour damaged by enemys the sound from drinking a bottle is playing - there is for sure a sound for "breaking things" in vanilla mm6.

justl

Return to “Might and Magic”