Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 26 Apr 2019, 15:42

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:Hmm, what would I ask you instead then? :D :D
NIGHT SKIES. :hoo: :yes: :applause: :up: :oex: :hug: :creative: :devious:
Yes, that's a good one. :) Added to the list.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 26 Apr 2019, 22:40

Templayer wrote: Taking a Vampire Necromancer to Lich WOULD (I'm quite sure, but I could be wrong, I don't have the time to play the game unfortunately. :( ) change both the CLASS and the RACE to Lich, thus you would get Lich's racial abilities instead (yeah, there are some!). Rodril declined my suggestion to make it possible to make zombie and vampire liches instead of skeleton liches, unfortunately. As seen by your example, I am not the only one who would do something like that... anyway, you won't loose those skills, only be unable to raise their expertise, so if you get to the highest expertise (GM, Mastery, expert,..) with your Vampire Necromancer BEFORE being promoted to Lich, you won't loose those! (again, I am pretty sure that is how that works, but I haven't tested it). So get as far as possible (i.e. GM in Vampire Ability skill, etc.) with a Necromancer and then get the promotion. Points should be able to be given to those skills as well. Only the ability to raise the expertise (master, GM,...) isn't retained. I think.
Yeah, i was thinking that a Lich with Mist Form would be incredibly powerful. The -40 AC from the Staff of Elements wouldn't be so bad then either. Plus they'd have a cheap self heal spell with Lifedrain.
A Troll Knight or Monk with GM Regeneration would be really powerful as well.

Edit: Just tested a party of Vampires in Mist Form with Blaster Rifles. Unfortunately, they can't deal damage with Blaster Rifles while in Mist Form :(
Wow, just noticed that Vampires don't even deal weapon enchantment damage while in Mist Form anymore. They used to. I used to be able to dual wield Foulfangs, and always deal 20 Poison Damage every attack that landed while in Mist Form.
Noblebone Bow still works while in Mist Form though. Will still damage the Vampire though if you fire it too close.
Last edited by Daedros on 26 Apr 2019, 22:57, edited 5 times in total.

vegetableharry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vegetableharry » 26 Apr 2019, 23:15

Hey guys, I'm a little confused. Can anyone helpe me? I still play Jadame (and haven't been to the other continents yet). Anyway I'm nearly through Jadame (I just entered the crystal). I haven't found the Grand Master spells of Light and dark. They don't appear in the guilds in Shadowspire or Murmurwoods. Is there another guild, where I can buy those spells? I haven't found another guild.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Apr 2019, 03:51

vegetableharry wrote:Hey guys, I'm a little confused. Can anyone helpe me? I still play Jadame (and haven't been to the other continents yet). Anyway I'm nearly through Jadame (I just entered the crystal). I haven't found the Grand Master spells of Light and dark. They don't appear in the guilds in Shadowspire or Murmurwoods. Is there another guild, where I can buy those spells? I haven't found another guild.
In the Original MM8, I would save the game before knocking at their door. If the book that I wanted did not appear. I would load the game again and knock on their door. Sometimes the second try got me the book. In the original MM8 books are placed randomly. I do not know if this is true for the Merge. If you have already entered the shop, then the same books will appear over and over again. This is why it is important to save the game before going in to the store. I do not know how many game days you have to wait before you can try that trick. :)
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 27 Apr 2019, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 27 Apr 2019, 07:18

DaveHer wrote:
vegetableharry wrote:Hey guys, I'm a little confused. Can anyone helpe me? I still play Jadame (and haven't been to the other continents yet). Anyway I'm nearly through Jadame (I just entered the crystal). I haven't found the Grand Master spells of Light and dark. They don't appear in the guilds in Shadowspire or Murmurwoods. Is there another guild, where I can buy those spells? I haven't found another guild.
In the Original MM8, I would save the game before knocking at their door. If the book that I wanted did not appear. I would load the game again and knock on their door. Sometimes the second try got me the book. In the original MM8 books are placed randomly. I do not know if this is true for the Merge. If you have already entered the shop, then the same books will appear over and over again. This is why it is important to save the game before going in to the store. I do not know how many game days you have to wait before you can try that trick. :)
David
These spells are not findable in any guild, you can only find them in your adventures. That's how it goes in the merge.

vegetableharry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vegetableharry » 27 Apr 2019, 07:55

DaveHer wrote:In the Original MM8, I would save the game before knocking at their door. If the book that I wanted did not appear. I would load the game again and knock on their door. Sometimes the second try got me the book. In the original MM8 books are placed randomly. I do not know if this is true for the Merge. If you have already entered the shop, then the same books will appear over and over again. This is why it is important to save the game before going in to the store. I do not know how many game days you have to wait before you can try that trick. :)
David
Thank you, of course I know this trick. But it didn't work. That's why I asked.
Xfing wrote:These spells are not findable in any guild, you can only find them in your adventures. That's how it goes in the merge.
Thank you, I assumed that it is something like hat, but I didn't found anything about it in this forum.
Would be good if there would be a list with such improtant differences to the main game.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Apr 2019, 08:20

vegetableharry wrote: Would be good if there would be a list with such improtant differences to the main game.
Agreed. There are questions that people ask over and over and over again in this thread, not knowing the differences. (I actually read every single post in this thread, BTW)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Apr 2019, 10:45

vegetableharry wrote:
DaveHer wrote:In the Original MM8, I would save the game before knocking at their door. If the book that I wanted did not appear. I would load the game again and knock on their door. Sometimes the second try got me the book. In the original MM8 books are placed randomly. I do not know if this is true for the Merge. If you have already entered the shop, then the same books will appear over and over again. This is why it is important to save the game before going in to the store. I do not know how many game days you have to wait before you can try that trick. :)
David
Thank you, of course I know this trick. But it didn't work. That's why I asked.
Xfing wrote:These spells are not findable in any guild, you can only find them in your adventures. That's how it goes in the merge.
Thank you, I assumed that it is something like hat, but I didn't found anything about it in this forum.
Would be good if there would be a list with such improtant differences to the main game.
There is one more thing you can try. Cheat. Use the cheat engine table to get the spells. Do you know how to use the cheat engine table?
David

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Apr 2019, 13:19

@All

By the way guys, if you start posting the main differences from the individual MM vanilla games and the Merge, I will collect whatever you post and put it into a nice section on the Tracker.

Something like a "Feature Tracker". Imagine a bullet point list, in which items are listed from the biggest changes, to the smaller changes.

Maybe two subsections - Main Features and Smaller Changes would do that trick. Because I am tired reading all the posts about not being able to buy specific spells etc.

I might also change the structure of the tracker a bit, so that some sections are featured more prominently (like the one with the Merge features), and putting some of the big ones FAR to the back (like the repaints). It would yield better results with the Index at the start too, instead of having whole pages about repaints being the first thing.
Last edited by Templayer on 27 Apr 2019, 13:20, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Apr 2019, 16:41

On the Tracker:

Reported by: Polyhedricus » Apr 27 2019, 10:20
Strange bug I encountered, if you have a Dragon in your first slot, and anyone else equips blasters, your dragon becomes unable to attack in turn-based mode. They show getting their turn soon, but after 2 blaster attacks their turn never comes up. Sometimes rarely (Seems based on Initiative order?) the dragon will still get to act.

By the way, good job on actually using the Tracker to write stuff down, Polyhedricus. The formatting is pretty much perfect, and you didn't damage the page breaking ending size-of-a-tab using special sign! Great job! The only thing I have to tell you is to also report it into the thread as well. :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Apr 2019, 17:25

@Templayer or Rodril

So don't ask "if it is possible"; ask "how to do it."
As per your quote, I am asking. MM6
1. What is the code for placing text in the awards page where the inventory is? I tried the following in different ways. Awards = 90, then edit the Awards.txt ( 90 was the next available slot in the awards.txt) and placed it back into the icon.lod. It did not work. Then tried Awards = “place an awards statement here.”, Did not work either. :( I used GrayFace examples to make 6 quests for “The Chaos Conspiracy” mod. They work quite well. Except that they do not give the awards when you finish the quest.:| One more line needs to be added to the examples so that the player gets the awards.

2. Where do I get the obj files to import into the editor? I would like to put things into the mod.

I placed these question, back in April 19, at that other forum where you found the misspelled GrayFace. He has not answered them yet. Maybe because of the misspelling (I do not know) of which I had no idea I had done until you brought it to my attention. I went back and corrected that mistake. Again Sorry GrayFace.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 27 Apr 2019, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Apr 2019, 20:04

DaveHer wrote:@Templayer or Rodril

1. What is the code for placing text in the awards page where the inventory is? I tried the following in different ways. Awards = 90, then edit the Awards.txt ( 90 was the next available slot in the awards.txt) and placed it back into the icon.lod. It did not work. Then tried Awards = “place an awards statement here.”, Did not work either. :( I used GrayFace examples to make 6 quests for “The Chaos Conspiracy” mod. They work quite well. Except that they do not give the awards when you finish the quest.:| One more line needs to be added to the examples so that the player gets the awards.

2. Where do I get the obj files to import into the editor? I would like to put things into the mod.

I placed these question, back in April 19, at that other forum where you found the misspelled GrayFace. He has not answered them yet. Maybe because of the misspelling (I do not know) of which I had no idea I had done until you brought it to my attention. I went back and corrected that mistake. Again Sorry GrayFace.
David
When I have typed for people to ask "how to do it" I didn't mean ASKING ME! :D :D :D :D

I'm spending 8-10 hours a day coding to make bread's end, so to speak, if I were to spent time coding for people in my free time, I wouldn't be doing anything else in my life! :P

Rodril and GrayFace are the people to ask for coding, I'm not very good at it anyway (at least not in LUA scripting and this project, it takes me quite the time and effort to read through the code).
And GrayFace should add that line to the examples! :P :D
GrayFace wrote: *false quote prodding to ensure a notification is issued due to the way this forum works* :D
And this is how you make sure GrayFace will get a notification about your question! B-) :leo:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Apr 2019, 22:25

Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote:@Templayer or Rodril

David
When I have typed for people to ask "how to do it" I didn't mean ASKING ME! :D :D :D :D

I'm spending 8-10 hours a day coding to make bread's end, so to speak, if I were to spent time coding for people in my free time, I wouldn't be doing anything else in my life! :P

Rodril and GrayFace are the people to ask for coding, I'm not very good at it anyway (at least not in LUA scripting and this project, it takes me quite the time and effort to read through the code).
And GrayFace should add that line to the examples! :P :D
GrayFace wrote: *false quote prodding to ensure a notification is issued due to the way this forum works* :D
And this is how you make sure GrayFace will get a notification about your question! B-) :leo:
Sorry, I thought you might know a little about Lua Quest making. Also I was hoping that Rodril would catch this post. I noticed that he hasn't done any posts for several pages. I am not sure what "false quote prodding" means.
David

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 28 Apr 2019, 00:35

Created a new save with the Character Creation Unlocker and Racial Skills. Troll Knights are able to equip Plate Armor, but it doesn't have a graphic at all for them unfortunately.
Btw, now that it requires the character to actually wear the Wetsuit (which requires Leather skill) to enter the Shoals to reach the Lincoln at the end of M&M 7, how exactly is a Dragon protagonist supposed to complete the M&M 7 quest line now? I completed this quest long ago on my Dragon protagonist save before wearing the Wetsuit was required, when you only needed to have it in your inventory for it to work.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 28 Apr 2019, 08:11

hi,

has anyone, by chance, already written down the new recipes?
if so would you kindly pm them privatly to me for some documentation?
(in the tracker there are only the finished products presented, but no way how to)
atm i dont have too much time to puzzle through the few recipes i have found already (and "5 of this and 3 of that" aint really helpful either)

thx
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 28 Apr 2019, 08:47

hermits island, supreme temple of baa:
Image up in the northeast corner the shrine of earth gives +10 to fire resistance instead of earth - the temples of baa seem to have it with fire somehow ....
Last edited by justl on 28 Apr 2019, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 Apr 2019, 09:06

DaveHer wrote: Sorry, I thought you might know a little about Lua Quest making. Also I was hoping that Rodril would catch this post. I noticed that he hasn't done any posts for several pages. I am not sure what "false quote prodding" means.
David
It's making a quote without actually quoting said person. The person will still get notified that someone replied to their post even though there was no original post by the recipient. :D :D
Daedros wrote:Created a new save with the Character Creation Unlocker and Racial Skills. Troll Knights are able to equip Plate Armor, but it doesn't have a graphic at all for them unfortunately.
Btw, now that it requires the character to actually wear the Wetsuit (which requires Leather skill) to enter the Shoals to reach the Lincoln at the end of M&M 7, how exactly is a Dragon protagonist supposed to complete the M&M 7 quest line now? I completed this quest long ago on my Dragon protagonist save before wearing the Wetsuit was required, when you only needed to have it in your inventory for it to work.
If you look at the Paint Tracker, all the MM8 plate armours were repainted to work with Trolls! So if they do not have graphics, then maybe Rodril forgot to put them in-game! Check page 21 of the Tracker. Added to the Bug Tracker.
The stuff with the dragon protagonist being essentially softlocked from finishing the MM7 timeline has been discussed here before. I do not remember the outcome, however.
justl wrote:hermits island, supreme temple of baa:
Image up in the northeast corner the shrine of earth gives +10 to fire resistance instead of earth - the temples of baa seem to have it with fire somehow ....
Added to the Bug Tracker.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 28 Apr 2019, 10:26

Hello. I've added quickfix for weather effects and troll's plate armors (yes, somehow i've forgot to add them), reapply latest update, please.
justl wrote:has anyone, by chance, already written down the new recipes?
You can search forum for Xfing's posts, where he describe it. Or open "Potion.txt" from EnglishT.lod with GrayFace's TxtEdit and look there.
Daedros wrote:how exactly is a Dragon protagonist supposed to complete the M&M 7 quest line now?
It is still enough to have wetsuit in your inventory, you have to wear it only to get waterwalk buff. Also you can dismiss dragon (even main character) in Adventurer's Inn and complete last chapter without him.
DaveHer wrote:1. What is the code for placing text in the awards page where the inventory is?
It is

Code: Select all

A = Game.CurrentPlayer -- or number between 0 and 4
B = 1 -- Index from Awards.txt from EnglishT.lod
Party[A].Awards[B] = true
Note, that max amount of game awards is 104 for mm8, it means you can not have more than 104 possible awards, that why "Quest" function does not allow to add award directly - they are not unlimited.
DaveHer wrote:2. Where do I get the obj files to import into the editor? I would like to put things into the mod.
You have to use 3d editing software for that. Open any 3d model and export it as "Wavefront obj file", at least thats how it works for Blender 3d. Note, that size of model should be big enough for MM engine, better export something from game and put it into scene to compare sizes.
vegetableharry wrote:I haven't found the Grand Master spells of Light and dark.
These should come from treasures. Also shops of Pit and Celeste will sell some.
Jezebeth Noir wrote:The second link doesn't work any more. Please, fix it.
Unfortunate, i don't have source of this translation, it was provided by Alexeevdenis. I'll remove that link for now. Use other localization, cross-continent quest is localized there too.
Last edited by Rodril on 28 Apr 2019, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Apr 2019, 03:07

@ Rodril
I want to thank you for your help. You are right about the limitation of the awards. The number of awards allowed for The Chaos Conspiracy (which the six quests were made for) is (I think) 89. The console would not allow index # 90 which is the next available index in the Awards.txt. I got an error message from the console.

I have made over 200 meshes for morrowind. I know the settings that have to be made in blender for exporting morrowind meshes. What I do not know is what setting, if any, to use for exporting to Wavefront files. I exported a map, from the game, of Castle Ironfist and imported it in to blender and got a tiny land mass. Would this be correct? In the import options there is a bottom "Clamp Scale" and it is set at 10.0. Do I need to change this?
David

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 29 Apr 2019, 05:58

DaveHer wrote:I exported a map, from the game, of Castle Ironfist and imported it in to blender and got a tiny land mass. Would this be correct?
MM models are quiet big compared to Blender measure system, setup camera to view them properly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6jf5zx2vw6ki ... a.png?dl=0
Not necessary to change any settings for import neither for export. I'm using default.

Return to “Might and Magic”