Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Templayer
Golem
Golem
Posts: 616
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Templayer » Apr 11 2019, 14:45

Jessen wrote:
Templayer wrote:Cheat Engine / Character Editor (replacement for MM8CHE)
By: Jesse Noland
Cheat Engine Table: Being worked on by Jesse Noland (Jessen). Currently has most of the features you would find in the mm8che editor, with a few additional features, but is not fully de-bugged yet. It can also be used to put objects in the ‘mouse’ to place in inventory, or onto characters. If there were any other features to look for, please mention them. These may be cheats, but they can also be more refined testing tools too.


Hope this helps you guys out. You don't even have to technically save a game and open the save itself to use any of this, and you can just directly test items. Good for debugging and such.

Yeap. Back when I needed to get repaint graphics to put them onto the tracker I had to: 1. Cheat all the armour skills for everyone and 2. cheat the items. I had to use the console and a little bit of lua coding to do it. Your work is appreciated. Especially if it can do everything MM8CHE can. Do you know what I would be interested in, if it isn't already a part of it? Character visual look and voice changer. Currently race is bound to visuals, and as I have tested with vanilla MM7, I did make a zombie knight without it counting as a zombie, being a human instead. Same for example Vampires. Maybe someone would like to be of the Vampire race without having the few Vampire visuals (paperdolls and portraits), opting for Necromancer visuals instead. People could even make Liches that decided to be Vampires or Zombies instead of Skeletons. As it currently stands, visuals are bound to races.

equs wrote:Hi Guys, I have played the merge mod in the early stages of development and loved it. Thank you rodril for your absolutely amazing work.
I just wanted to propose a small idea for immersion in might and magic. If you get the blaster pistols and they gonna break, you can simply go to any weapon shop and repair them.... So that means any smith is able to repair extraterrestrial high tech weapons...???? If your charakters are able to repair these weapons on an advanced item repair levels it's okay. They were teached to handle those weapons and are able to fix them, but no smith should be able to do it. I would suggest that repairing of blaster weapons in a shop should be only possible in celeste or the pit. But thats just my own opinion, maybe someone will agree.

I fully agree, the Blaster type (Ancient Weapons skill) should behave like Relics do. (relics are not repairable by shopkeepers).
Added to the Suggestions Tracker.
Also it feels like yesterday when you were active in this thread and playing the Merge. Time passes so quickly.
Last edited by Templayer on Apr 11 2019, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Xfing
Golem
Golem
Posts: 637
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Xfing » Apr 11 2019, 15:51

If by "relics" you mean items priced 30000, then all shopkeepers are able to fix them in all three games, though they often charge a very hefty sum.

User avatar
justl
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 127
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby justl » Apr 11 2019, 20:34

mm6 warlords fortress (silver cove):

several chests in the small rooms at the beginning seem to be linked to each other.
Image the one at 5 and the rooms rightsided to it
how i noticed? i stuffed one of them with spare stuff from my inventory - and i keeps poping up in both rooms.

Jessen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 26 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Jessen » Apr 11 2019, 20:38

Templayer wrote:Yeap. Back when I needed to get repaint graphics to put them onto the tracker I had to: 1. Cheat all the armour skills for everyone and 2. cheat the items. I had to use the console and a little bit of lua coding to do it. Your work is appreciated. Especially if it can do everything MM8CHE can. Do you know what I would be interested in, if it isn't already a part of it? Character visual look and voice changer. Currently race is bound to visuals, and as I have tested with vanilla MM7, I did make a zombie knight without it counting as a zombie, being a human instead. Same for example Vampires. Maybe someone would like to be of the Vampire race without having the few Vampire visuals (paperdolls and portraits), opting for Necromancer visuals instead. People could even make Liches that decided to be Vampires or Zombies instead of Skeletons. As it currently stands, visuals are bound to races.


Thats in there! Check under a character's grouping and you'll find portrait and voice, among other things such as stats, spells, active spells ect. I don't have portraits and voices listed by name like I do items (I've got those in a dropdown list for ease of access) but you can fiddle with them.

User avatar
GrayFace
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1346
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Apr 12 2019, 9:55

Templayer wrote:I fully agree, the Blaster type (Ancient Weapons skill) should behave like Relics do. (relics are not repairable by shopkeepers).

I disagree. Every item should be repairable by shopkeepers, relics and blasters included.

Xfing wrote:If by "relics" you mean items priced 30000, then all shopkeepers are able to fix them in all three games, though they often charge a very hefty sum.

No, they weren't able to repair some special items, but I fixed it in version 2.1 of my patches (and didn't even make an option to disable the fix).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
equs
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby equs » Apr 12 2019, 11:26

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:I fully agree, the Blaster type (Ancient Weapons skill) should behave like Relics do. (relics are not repairable by shopkeepers).

I disagree. Every item should be repairable by shopkeepers, relics and blasters included.

Xfing wrote:If by "relics" you mean items priced 30000, then all shopkeepers are able to fix them in all three games, though they often charge a very hefty sum.

No, they weren't able to repair some special items, but I fixed it in version 2.1 of my patches (and didn't even make an option to disable the fix).


In my opinion Blaster weapons should be the only items that can only be repaired by characters themselves, and/or maybe a new option at the the leaders of the extraterrestrials (like Resurrectra, Tolberti, or those ones). It's completely illogical that anyone from this medieval world can repair them. :wall: :D

User avatar
Templayer
Golem
Golem
Posts: 616
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Templayer » Apr 12 2019, 16:09

Xfing wrote:If by "relics" you mean items priced 30000, then all shopkeepers are able to fix them in all three games, though they often charge a very hefty sum.

No. Try getting a Noblebone Bow fixed at the shopkeep's. EDIT: Read my response to GrayFace too. xD

justl wrote:mm6 warlords fortress (silver cove):

several chests in the small rooms at the beginning seem to be linked to each other.
Image the one at 5 and the rooms rightsided to it
how i noticed? i stuffed one of them with spare stuff from my inventory - and i keeps poping up in both rooms.

Added to the bug tracker.

Jessen wrote:
Templayer wrote:Yeap. Back when I needed to get repaint graphics to put them onto the tracker I had to: 1. Cheat all the armour skills for everyone and 2. cheat the items. I had to use the console and a little bit of lua coding to do it. Your work is appreciated. Especially if it can do everything MM8CHE can. Do you know what I would be interested in, if it isn't already a part of it? Character visual look and voice changer. Currently race is bound to visuals, and as I have tested with vanilla MM7, I did make a zombie knight without it counting as a zombie, being a human instead. Same for example Vampires. Maybe someone would like to be of the Vampire race without having the few Vampire visuals (paperdolls and portraits), opting for Necromancer visuals instead. People could even make Liches that decided to be Vampires or Zombies instead of Skeletons. As it currently stands, visuals are bound to races.


Thats in there! Check under a character's grouping and you'll find portrait and voice, among other things such as stats, spells, active spells ect. I don't have portraits and voices listed by name like I do items (I've got those in a dropdown list for ease of access) but you can fiddle with them.

Nice! Great job, then! I haven't tried it yet, since I am not actively playing due to the lack of time. The cheat engine will be useful for any future testing, or if we ever get anyone to create the repaints! :D

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:I fully agree, the Blaster type (Ancient Weapons skill) should behave like Relics do. (relics are not repairable by shopkeepers).

I disagree. Every item should be repairable by shopkeepers, relics and blasters included.

Xfing wrote:If by "relics" you mean items priced 30000, then all shopkeepers are able to fix them in all three games, though they often charge a very hefty sum.

No, they weren't able to repair some special items, but I fixed it in version 2.1 of my patches (and didn't even make an option to disable the fix).

CRUD! Let me take a guess.... Noblebone Bow was among them. -_- :D

equs wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:I fully agree, the Blaster type (Ancient Weapons skill) should behave like Relics do. (relics are not repairable by shopkeepers).

I disagree. Every item should be repairable by shopkeepers, relics and blasters included.

Xfing wrote:If by "relics" you mean items priced 30000, then all shopkeepers are able to fix them in all three games, though they often charge a very hefty sum.

No, they weren't able to repair some special items, but I fixed it in version 2.1 of my patches (and didn't even make an option to disable the fix).


In my opinion Blaster weapons should be the only items that can only be repaired by characters themselves, and/or maybe a new option at the the leaders of the extraterrestrials (like Resurrectra, Tolberti, or those ones). It's completely illogical that anyone from this medieval world can repair them. :wall: :D

Medieval times? Heck, if I were to give you a broken laser pistol or laser rifle IN MODERN TIMES, you wouldn't be able to fix it either! :D :D :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
justl
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 127
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby justl » Apr 12 2019, 19:06

Templayer wrote:
justl wrote:mm6 warlords fortress (silver cove):

several chests in the small rooms at the beginning seem to be linked to each other.
Image the one at 5 and the rooms rightsided to it
how i noticed? i stuffed one of them with spare stuff from my inventory - and i keeps poping up in both rooms.

Added to the bug tracker.

seems one chest is affected throughout the whole dungeon (its not one of a specific look/design) - which always shows the stuff from the first chest i stuffed stuff into (not only those 2 rooms down)

User avatar
GrayFace
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1346
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Apr 13 2019, 1:42

Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:No, they weren't able to repair some special items, but I fixed it in version 2.1 of my patches (and didn't even make an option to disable the fix).

CRUD! Let me take a guess.... Noblebone Bow was among them. -_- :D

Yes it was. Fun fact: blasters were not among them, they were repairable at shops before. Only now they can't buy blasters like they used to (for whole 1 gold!).
I see no reason why a repair trainer would train you to fix blasters either. I also can't imagine how characters manage to reforge their broken swords in the middle of a fight. :D

Here's the full list of items that weren't repairable at shops:

Code: Select all

MM7:
Hermes' Sandals
Cloak of the Sheep
Elfbane
Mind's Eye
Elven Chainmail
Forge Gauntlets
Hero's Belt
Lady's Escort
Clanker's Amulet
Lieutenant's Cutlass
Medusa's Mirror
Lady Carmine's Dagger
Villain's Blade
The Perfect Bow
The Perfect Bow
Shadow's Mask
Ghost Ring
Faerie Ring
Sun Cloak
Moon Cloak
Zokarr's Axe
Vampire's Cape
Minotaur's Axe
Grognard's Cutlass

MM8:
Mace of the Sun
Ebonest
Sword of Whistlebone
Axe of Balthazar
Noblebone Bow
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
DaveHer
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 85
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby DaveHer » Apr 13 2019, 2:49

@GrayFace,
Hi, I like the work you are doing for us fans of MM6-8. I am making some Quests for The Chaos Conspiracy mod and using the examples you give at the guild for MMExtention 2.2. the quests works fine, except for one little problem "KeepQuestItem = true" I do not want to keep quest item. I tried it with = false and I got and error message form the console. Something about the inventory. I tried other commands. Same thing about the inventory. There must be some command so as to not to keep the quest item. Also I use your script for Decompiling evt files. Some of the quests are in the globle.lua. I need to convert it back to Globle.evt. There must be a program or a Script to do this. Thanks. P.S. I felt that Sutter's Bay and Ellesia did not have enough Quests. I do not intend to upload the mod without the own's permission. What happen to the owner? I studied the console error and changes would have to be made to LocalizationAndQuests in Structs\After line 319 and EventsList in Core line 63, which will allow removal of items from inventories in MM6 and mm7. You example quests do work with mm6 except removing items from inventories.
Last edited by DaveHer on Apr 14 2019, 19:11, edited 2 times in total.
My Morrowind Mod link https://www.moddb.com/mods/enchanted-ho ... een-update
monstrosity compatible/MM678merge here is link https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmagicviii/mods/2

User avatar
Templayer
Golem
Golem
Posts: 616
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Templayer » Apr 13 2019, 9:29

justl wrote:
Templayer wrote:
justl wrote:mm6 warlords fortress (silver cove):

several chests in the small rooms at the beginning seem to be linked to each other.
Image the one at 5 and the rooms rightsided to it
how i noticed? i stuffed one of them with spare stuff from my inventory - and i keeps poping up in both rooms.

Added to the bug tracker.

seems one chest is affected throughout the whole dungeon (its not one of a specific look/design) - which always shows the stuff from the first chest i stuffed stuff into (not only those 2 rooms down)

Added to the Bug Tracker as an report addition.

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:No, they weren't able to repair some special items, but I fixed it in version 2.1 of my patches (and didn't even make an option to disable the fix).

CRUD! Let me take a guess.... Noblebone Bow was among them. -_- :D

Yes it was. Fun fact: blasters were not among them, they were repairable at shops before. Only now they can't buy blasters like they used to (for whole 1 gold!).
I see no reason why a repair trainer would train you to fix blasters either. I also can't imagine how characters manage to reforge their broken swords in the middle of a fight. :D

Here's the full list of items that weren't repairable at shops:

Code: Select all

MM7:
Hermes' Sandals
Cloak of the Sheep
Elfbane
Mind's Eye
Elven Chainmail
Forge Gauntlets
Hero's Belt
Lady's Escort
Clanker's Amulet
Lieutenant's Cutlass
Medusa's Mirror
Lady Carmine's Dagger
Villain's Blade
The Perfect Bow
The Perfect Bow
Shadow's Mask
Ghost Ring
Faerie Ring
Sun Cloak
Moon Cloak
Zokarr's Axe
Vampire's Cape
Minotaur's Axe
Grognard's Cutlass

MM8:
Mace of the Sun
Ebonest
Sword of Whistlebone
Axe of Balthazar
Noblebone Bow

FIGURES! :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Xfing
Golem
Golem
Posts: 637
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Xfing » Apr 13 2019, 11:08

Yeah, those were a completely different class of items. Most of them didn't have to be identified and weren't sellable either.

User avatar
justl
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 127
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby justl » Apr 13 2019, 12:27

hi,

mm6, ghariks forge:

the secret room in ghariks forge doesnt open like described in various english/german walkthroughs:
http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... html#ns_gf

walkthroughs/snippets:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/41 ... n/54090331
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm6/N ... html#ns_gs

justl

User avatar
equs
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby equs » Apr 15 2019, 8:21

Templayer wrote:Medieval times? Heck, if I were to give you a broken laser pistol or laser rifle IN MODERN TIMES, you wouldn't be able to fix it either! :D :D :D :D


Yes you're right, not even a smartphone or other technical devices could be fixed by enyone without knowledge (youtube tutorials, lol) and the right tools. :applause:

User avatar
equs
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby equs » Apr 15 2019, 8:26

GrayFace wrote:I see no reason why a repair trainer would train you to fix blasters either....


I meant that a character can repair a blaster gun only if he/she has the skill repairing on grandmaster and the blaster skill on grandmaster (like they were teached to handle a blaster and even repair it)

User avatar
Anubis
Conscript
Conscript
Posts: 212
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Location: Canada

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Anubis » Apr 15 2019, 9:17

Bug: In the room with Agar @ Agar's Laboratory, only the character in the first slot is able to interact with Agar's Cauldron/Agar's Pile of Skulls even if your other characters are selected. If not cursed, the cauldron/pile of skulls kills you. If cursed, the cauldron/pile of skulls grants you +50 intellect each time. I imagine not a lot people knew about this secret which is why this was overlooked. :)

User avatar
GrayFace
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1346
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Apr 15 2019, 9:49

DaveHer wrote:@GrayFace,

The chance that I'd spot a message in this topic normally aren't big, because I only read messages posted here in the periods when I'm active on the forum. These days I'm active, but https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/10423 is the dedicated topic for MMExtension questions.

DaveHer wrote:Some of the quests are in the globle.lua. I need to convert it back to Globle.evt. There must be a program or a Script to do this.

Nope. Why do you need .evt? There are 010Editor templates I made for EVT editing, but programming in Lua is much more convenient.

DaveHer wrote:I felt that Sutter's Bay and Ellesia did not have enough Quests. I do not intend to upload the mod without the own's permission. What happen to the owner?

Here's what I've found:
He retired to Panama some years ago.
We were a bit concerned that we'd not heard from him for so long, but he posted to let us know that he was happy, and reasonably fit and well. But he's not a regular visitor.

(c) http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/anyboard/posts/56721.html in 2015.
So, contacting him would be problematic. You should go with an implied permission instead. He definitely didn't object to Maestro making a mod based on his. The probable reason he didn't add more quests and the reason he had to slash the dark path quests is the global.evt size limit as well as event lines count limit. To avoid dealing with these limits you do need MMExtension.
[edit] Oh, for a moment I thought about Rev4 mod instead of TCC. In mm6 the same, but stricter limits exist, but I've no idea whether he's hit them with TCC or not.

DaveHer wrote:I studied the console error and changes would have to be made to LocalizationAndQuests in Structs\After line 319 and EventsList in Core line 63, which will allow removal of items from inventories in MM6 and mm7. You example quests do work with mm6 except removing items from inventories.

A full error log is needed. You're using MMExt version from my site, right?
Last edited by GrayFace on Apr 15 2019, 10:01, edited 4 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
GrayFace
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1346
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Apr 15 2019, 10:09

equs wrote:I meant that a character can repair a blaster gun only if he/she has the skill repairing on grandmaster and the blaster skill on grandmaster (like they were teached to handle a blaster and even repair it)

Hmm, Blaster skill instead of Repair then. Then shopkeepers not repairing blasters would be ok, because Blaster can be learned to GM by anybody, unlike Repair Item.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
DaveHer
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 85
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby DaveHer » Apr 15 2019, 10:18

GrayFace wrote:
DaveHer wrote:@GrayFace,

The chance that I'd spot a message in this topic normally aren't big, because I only read messages posted here in the periods when I'm active on the forum. These days I'm active, but https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/10423 is the dedicated topic for MMExtension questions.

DaveHer wrote:Some of the quests are in the globle.lua. I need to convert it back to Globle.evt. There must be a program or a Script to do this.

Nope. Why do you need .evt? There are 010Editor templates I made for EVT editing, but programming in Lua is much more convenient.

DaveHer wrote:I felt that Sutter's Bay and Ellesia did not have enough Quests. I do not intend to upload the mod without the own's permission. What happen to the owner?

Here's what I've found:
He retired to Panama some years ago.
We were a bit concerned that we'd not heard from him for so long, but he posted to let us know that he was happy, and reasonably fit and well. But he's not a regular visitor.

(c) http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/anyboard/posts/56721.html in 2015.
So, contacting him would be problematic. You should go with an implied permission instead. He definitely didn't object to Maestro making a mod based on his. The probable reason he didn't add more quests and the reason he had to slash the dark path quests is the global.evt size limit as well as event lines count limit. To avoid dealing with these limits you do need MMExtension.
[edit] Oh, for a moment I thought about Rev4 mod instead of TCC. In mm6 the same, but stricter limits exist, but I've no idea whether he's hit them with TCC or not.

DaveHer wrote:I studied the console error and changes would have to be made to LocalizationAndQuests in Structs\After line 319 and EventsList in Core line 63, which will allow removal of items from inventories in MM6 and mm7. You example quests do work with mm6 except removing items from inventories.

A full error log is needed. You're using MMExt version from my site, right?
Yes. Thanks for your reply and also decompiling Evt files with the script you have at that site seems to work only for MM8. I get an error messages when I try it with the others, MM6 & MM7. I will get the image for that console error as soon as possible. I use two types of formats for the quests, the lua (which is your example) and the EVT format (the one that go into the goble.evt). The lua is the one that cause the problem. :yes: How do I attack the image to the reply? I don't see a button to attach an image. Thanks. I did not know you had a forum for MMExtension. I used EVT format because I could not remove items from inventories. These 010Editor templates are at the MMExtion forum? If I leave the "KeepQuestItem = true, I don't get an error message and the quest is finished. Yes it is more convenient to use the lua format except for that error. You don't have to edit 5 files to make a quest.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on Apr 15 2019, 17:18, edited 3 times in total.
My Morrowind Mod link https://www.moddb.com/mods/enchanted-ho ... een-update
monstrosity compatible/MM678merge here is link https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmagicviii/mods/2

User avatar
Xfing
Golem
Golem
Posts: 637
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Postby Xfing » Apr 15 2019, 10:44

A little issue to report: I found a War Axe (MM6) in one of the chests in the Harmondale wilderness. It's the best Tier 3 axe. Not sure if it was ever possible for a treasure of that level to appear in these particular chests. I recall having a similar problem with finding a Regnan Cutlass from MM6 (also tier 3) on Emerald Island, and in one update this was mentioned to be fixed. Is this a new feature to add some excitement to the game (a small chance to find treasures beyond the chest's level), or something unintended?

Also, how are you holding up with the item name/flavor text alteration thing? This shouldn't be too much work, since all the name and text suggestions were provided in detail in the item change tracker.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests