Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
equs
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 24.03.2019]

Unread postby equs » 03 Apr 2019, 06:55

DaveHer wrote:
Jessen wrote:
DaveHer wrote:For those who are a fan of Morrowind. I created a mod that has two quests and over a hundred new meshes (created with blender, a free program). Here is the link. https://www.moddb.com/mods/enchanted-ho ... een-update
this isn't a Morrowind forum though...
I know that but there may be some people that are Morrowind fans and, MM6-8 Like me, that come to this site.
thank you mate, Personally I am a huge fan of both, MM6-8 and Morrowind. I always wished someone would create Might and Magic with the Morrowind engine, a project like rodril the great has done. Thanks for your mod, you should post it on nexus. Unfortunately I am done with morrowind now and switched to skyrim.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Apr 2019, 10:35

equs wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
Jessen wrote:
this isn't a Morrowind forum though...
I know that but there may be some people that are Morrowind fans and, MM6-8 Like me, that come to this site.
thank you mate, Personally I am a huge fan of both, MM6-8 and Morrowind. I always wished someone would create Might and Magic with the Morrowind engine, a project like rodril the great has done. Thanks for your mod, you should post it on nexus. Unfortunately I am done with morrowind now and switched to skyrim.
Thank You. The mod has been posted at the Nexus.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 04 Apr 2019, 15:22

Might have found minor bug. I think quality in Celeste armor shop and Castle Harmondale armor shop has been swapped. Getting crap items in Celeste, while highest tier plate armors in Castle Harmondale.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 04 Apr 2019, 19:13

the first chest in the temple of the snake (mm6, blackshire, middle of the lake) still has mm6 potion flasks in it Image the tiny dot between 1 and 2 in the square room, coords ~ x-2463 y 210)

the steaming cauldrons at the temple of baa (castle ironfist) still dont give +2 fire res
(yes, newest patch applied)

found something new at mm6:
when you are resting at an inn and you want to press "exit rest" (instead of waiting for the automated exit) you get an exit ... from the game (without any script errors - only a windows-error "program xy has encountered an error and must be closed"

is there a list of the whole potion making somewhere?
Last edited by justl on 05 Apr 2019, 04:56, edited 6 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 05 Apr 2019, 15:16

@Templayer

Can you please add a link to character editor for the mod. When I try to do it with mm8che getting errors.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Apr 2019, 16:40

qtish wrote:@Templayer

Can you please add a link to character editor for the mod. When I try to do it with mm8che getting errors.
I don't remember ever having one that could, the Merge is way too different for MM8che to work last time I checked, unless I forgot about something.
I just used the console to edit characters. "For each party member, add a GM level skill for each skill in the game" (<- code converted to words), and then a single line to add items that I wanted to test and printscreen for the tracker. You can do pretty much anything you want with the excellent console made by GrayFace. You might need some coding skills though, albeit very little.
Just go to GrayFace's page, he has tutorials for the console.
qtish wrote:Might have found minor bug. I think quality in Celeste armor shop and Castle Harmondale armor shop has been swapped. Getting crap items in Celeste, while highest tier plate armors in Castle Harmondale.
I think there were some changes, but my personal opinion was that the Harmondale shops should scale (like the shops in Castle Ironfist did in MM6!), and Celeste should pretty much have best stuff.
Added to the Bug Tracker, with my addition.
justl wrote:the first chest in the temple of the snake (mm6, blackshire, middle of the lake) still has mm6 potion flasks in it Image the tiny dot between 1 and 2 in the square room, coords ~ x-2463 y 210)

the steaming cauldrons at the temple of baa (castle ironfist) still dont give +2 fire res
(yes, newest patch applied)

found something new at mm6:
when you are resting at an inn and you want to press "exit rest" (instead of waiting for the automated exit) you get an exit ... from the game (without any script errors - only a windows-error "program xy has encountered an error and must be closed"

is there a list of the whole potion making somewhere?
Added to the Bug Tracker.
Check the potion suggestion on the Suggestions Tracker for the potion receipts, I think.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 05 Apr 2019, 19:37

Templayer wrote: Check the potion suggestion on the Suggestions Tracker for the potion receipts, I think.
nope receipes arent there ... only the potions themselves are announced - but no "how-to"
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Apr 2019, 20:07

I use MM8che for character editor for the mod, but I use all druids. druids are the equivalent of vampires in MM8 and therefore it works. Also if you mess with the inventory make sure that the character's inventory is either empty or has items that are MM8. I do not know the equivalent for the other characters. You will have to find out yourself through trial and error. When you go to MM8che a druid will be listed as a vampire. Do not mess with the picture. Even when it is blank. You can mess with every thing else. I hope this helps.
Last edited by DaveHer on 06 Apr 2019, 00:32, edited 3 times in total.

Belcanzor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Belcanzor » 06 Apr 2019, 00:40

After all these years! Thank you!

- How can I start with dark elf in mm6? What need to edit?
- What if I add 6 party members? Game crashes or just unbalance? What need to edit to add another (if not crash)?

EDIT: Already figure what to edit for allow any race. Just need a hint for add another party member.
Please?

Is the game experience divided by 3? How is balanced? Can I do low level quest in 3 continents? I m reading all the post here but is taking too long.
Last edited by Belcanzor on 06 Apr 2019, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 06 Apr 2019, 00:45

DaveHer wrote:

I use MM8che for character editor for the mod, but I use all druids. druids are the equivalent of vampires in MM8 and therefore it works. Also if you mess with the inventory make sure that the character's inventory is either empty or has items that are MM8. I do not know the equivalent for the other characters. You will have to find out yourself through trial and error. When you go to MM8che a druid will be listed as a vampire. Do not mess with the picture. Even when it is blank. You can mess with every thing else. I hope this helps.
Yep, that's what i do. There are certain classes that CAN be edited with MM8che, so long as they only have M&M 8 items in their inventory. Clerics are fine to edit. Dragons show up as Dark Elves in the editor if i remember correctly (how i created my Dragon main char early on in this mod). I once wrote down what class in the editor turns out to be which class in game, but i lost that paper.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Apr 2019, 09:37

Belcanzor wrote:After all these years! Thank you!

- How can I start with dark elf in mm6? What need to edit?
- What if I add 6 party members? Game crashes or just unbalance? What need to edit to add another (if not crash)?

EDIT: Already figure what to edit for allow any race. Just need a hint for add another party member.
Please?

Is the game experience divided by 3? How is balanced? Can I do low level quest in 3 continents? I m reading all the post here but is taking too long.
You can use the Character Creation Unlocker on the tracker to unlock any race / class combination on any continent, but I am not aware that it would be possible to have more than 5 characters.
You can have a few NPCs with you that won't fight, sure, but not more than 5 characters that you can actually play as.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Apr 2019, 09:42

@All about the editor for the MERGE:

Someone could code an editor that would work when the game runs - which would just open the console, execute the base code, and close the console.
I could code it myself, but I do not have time for it.

Maybe Rodril could do it (in a better way, though).
And I am sure GrayFace could create an universal editor for everything, since he is a MM GOD.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 06 Apr 2019, 11:10

hi,
in corlagons estate (castle ironfist) i find Image in every treasure chest.
what are they good for?
justl

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Apr 2019, 15:15

justl wrote:hi,
what are they good for?
justl
Something new and fancy. :tsup:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Apr 2019, 15:32

what are they good for?
justl
You will need one of them at the end of MM8. :)
Last edited by DaveHer on 06 Apr 2019, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 06 Apr 2019, 18:02

Templayer wrote:
what are they good for?
justl
Something new and fancy. :tsup:
my actual question should have been ... why is there nothing else in the chests except this?
(i somehow figured it might be for the plane between planes, but i thought it important to mention that too :) )
Last edited by justl on 06 Apr 2019, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

Belcanzor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Belcanzor » 06 Apr 2019, 19:33

Templayer: Thank you!

How can I add Echo mods into the merge?
Last edited by Belcanzor on 06 Apr 2019, 21:32, edited 2 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 07 Apr 2019, 08:09

Hello, patch link have been updated. Game now use new approach to show weather effects, visualy nothing had changed, but bugs caused by it should disappear now. Fixed couple of minor bugs (marked on tracker). Thank you.
justl wrote:my actual question should have been ... why is there nothing else in the chests except this?
These items used in "Saving Goobers" quest given by Verdant, i'll check why other items are not present.
Belcanzor wrote:How can I add Echo mods into the merge?
You will need MMArchive and TxtEdit from GrayFace's site to apply new textures/sprites ( https://grayface.github.io/mm/#MMArchive ). Monstrosity modling will require reediting maps.
Belcanzor wrote:Is the game experience divided by 3? How is balanced? Can I do low level quest in 3 continents? I m reading all the post here but is taking too long.
You can freely move between continents, special NPC will explain how at some point.

About character editing, i think, most convenient way is to use debug console, use reference manual to get start: https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ref/

@Xfing
You mentioned bolster issue with peasants (do you murder them often?), but what with other monsters, is it work well enough now?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 07 Apr 2019, 08:51

mm6: the mindblast scrolls seem to do something else - from the visual effect it seems to remove some condition on the character you choose (you cant choose enemys with it).

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Apr 2019, 10:19

justl wrote:mm6: the mindblast scrolls seem to do something else - from the visual effect it seems to remove some condition on the character you choose (you cant choose enemys with it).
Added to the Bug Tracker.

Also these bugs have been removed from the tracker. Please read the list, if you made any bug reports, because you might find your bug in there, and with Rodril's notes about it:

Code: Select all

reported by: Xfing » Nov 6 2018, 6:25
- I think the Dwarven Battleaxe (tier 4 MM8 1-hand axe) and the Steel Axe (its MM7 equivalent) should be switched in terms of their values. I just read the flavor text and it says the Jadamean Dark Dwarves are not as skilled as their Erathian counterparts, meaning the Steel Axe should plain and simple be superior.

Reported by: Phobos » Nov 22 2018, 13:49
The 50 reputation points from Troglodyte Slayer quest seem to go away permanently right after leaving Stone City.
FIXING NOT NEEDED - Rodril's note: Reputation belongs to map, so these points have not gone once you leave Stone city, they will come back when you return.

Reported by: Templayer » Dec 8 2018, 11:39
there are wayward transparency pixels on some of the paperdolls with armours (dwarf female shown)
(picture)

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 2 2019, 19:26
- Dagger Grand on my Vampire doesn't seem to be working - she only has 26-30 dmg with Foulfang, even though she's got GM Dagger at 40 and heaps of Might.
- "+ 10 Hit points restored south west of the main Sewer chamber" - appears in the Potion Recipes section of the notes rather than the Well section
- Promotion from Master Necromancer to Lich doesn't consume a Lich Jar.
- These potions get refused on second drink, but make the character go briefly through a "Poisoned" portrait, complete with a voice reaction. Weird, huh? 
- Potion of Doom: the HP, MP and AC components do not work. Everything else works beautifully.
RODRIL'S NOTE: HP, MP and AC do not have base value, they depend on other stats, so it is impossible to add them directly.
- Pure Resitance potions:
- Work nice, but don't prevent the character from drinking them. The "poison" sequence still executes when drunk a second time. 

Reported by:  Xfing » Feb 3 2019, 18:54
- Also, not all of the new black potions eradicate the character upon mixing them with something else. I tried mixing Divine Boost with some random white potion and my character just died rather than getting the skeleton treatment. That would also be something nice to sort out sometime.

Reported by: Mortis and Xfing » Feb 10 2019, 13:20 MOVED TO THE SUGGESTION TRACKER
This is hilarious the same way like monster with thousands of hp and huge damage from monster bolster, but without any additional experience bonus for killing it like it functions now. 
Speaking of - I went to the castle of air with my old save and something broke with air elementals' bolster, it didn't work at all. Same goes for the plane of air.
Bolster is a nice idea for keeping the game challenging, but I believe damage scaling needs to be finetuned. Going inside the Pit with no buff spells up has my level 200 5-man team dead in 6-7 seconds.
Monster damage should scale in a different proportion to the HP scaling than it does now, perhaps a slightly lower multiplier or something. Monsters with damage types impossible to mitigate via resistances one-shot low-hp classes, and character armor class of 200+ doesn't seem to do them much good when it comes to dodging physical blows. But dunno, maybe it's fine - the scaling os already definitely better than when it was when first implemented.
Btw a small suggestion - adjust Shared Life effects so that they affect unconscious characters. Right now they don't seem to - not sure about the spell itself, but Souldrinker's life redistribution or these bronze rings Verdant gives you definitely don't, and it would be nice if they did.
Templayer: I believe monster bolster should be bolstering experience as well. And I agree on the change proposed by Xfing for damage scaling (slightly lower multiplier + a different multiplier for non-mitigatable damage types).

RODRIL'S NOTE: this section should be moved to suggestion section. Purpose of bolster is preventing game to become walk in the park after completing one continent. Additional experience will transform bolster into vicious machine: higher level party got, faster they get new one, i don't like this.

Reported by: MagicIsMight » Feb 16 2019, 15:06
*Shops in Celeste are pretty poor. In MM7 Pit and Celeste have the best shops.
Usually you can find a black potion or two in the magic shop at least.

Reported by: Daedros » Feb 16 2019, 23:57 -> Feb 19 2019, 5:25
Does each T6/Artifact capable mob draw from the same pool of Artifacts? Or do certain T6 monsters have a different pool of Artifacts to pull from? I've been save scumming the loot on Dragons and Blood Titans in the Land of the Giants for about 2-3 hours now, and have yet to see Hands of the Master, Morgan, Ethric's Staff, or the Scholar's Cap show up. I didn't see Igraine pop up on them either, for that i had to save scum the loot on Wromthrax.
Tracker's maintainer note: That might be a bug.
Rodril's note: pool is same. Fixed.

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 23 2019, 9:24
Sometimes when right-clicking a monster to identify it, the monster portrait window just goes blank and stays that way for some time.

Reported by: Anerag » Mar 3 2019, 11:10 when using the february 19th version
Playing instruments
I miss playing the flute, harp, chime, etc. Hopefully there's no technical reason why this couldn't be reimplemented.
Continent appropriate arena
Currently, entering the arena in MM6 leads to the arena from MM7. Not a big problem and honestly I do like the MM7 arena. It could be nice to have the option though if possible.
Grand temple of eep entrance
Said dungeon has the wrong text on the entrance screen.
MM6 potion bottles
You can still find them in the temple of the snake in a chest.
Cycle of life ring
If unconcious and the ring brings HP above 0, the character stays unconcious.

Reported by: justl » Mar 26 2019, 19:55
- In the frozen highland@mm6 the game tends to crash when the following circumstances are active:
"End the Winter" quest is not completed (it should be snowing all time)
"Show weather effects" in the Controls is active
This could lead to a situation where it should be snowing, but it is either raining or not snowing/raining ("clear sky").
The game then goes like "MM6 has encountered an internal error and must close. An auto save will take place."
Well ... autosave won't take place, and you will lose progress.
Either the weather effects from the controls are disabled in this map, until the quest is complete - or (simpler way, but still buggy) you turn it of manually.
self reply: even when i have put the option weather effects out manually, the snow stops falling about after being 5 minutes in that map and i still get that error message then
please rate that bug from medium to high
Templayer: Uh…. rated high as <forum censorship>, I guess. xD

Reported by: qtish » Apr 4 2019, 15:22
Might have found minor bug. I think quality in Celeste armor shop and Castle Harmondale armor shop has been swapped. Getting crap items in Celeste, while highest tier plate armors in Castle Harmondale.
Templayer: I think there were some changes, but my personal opinion was that the Harmondale shops should scale (like the shops in Castle Ironfist did in MM6!), and Celeste should pretty much have best stuff.

Reported by: justl » Apr 4 2019, 19:13
the first chest in the temple of the snake (mm6, blackshire, middle of the lake) still has mm6 potion flasks in it the tiny dot between 1 and 2 in the square room, coords ~ x-2463 y 210)

Some questions were asked on some of the reports:

Code: Select all

Reported by: Daedros » Feb 16 2019, 23:57 -> Feb 19 2019, 5:25
Hirelings are taking gold from your winnings at the Arena, as well as the 100k Gold you find at the Obelisk "chest" in Evenmorn Islands. This can be quite a large chunk of gold they're taking. I have 4 Instructors for +60 Learning skill (which doesn't seem to be functioning correctly), so that right there is 28% of gold looted/won.
Rodril's note: I don't think it is bug, is not it condition of having NPC with you? They tell you in front, they'll take gold.
Templayer's note: What about the Learning skill +60 not working correctly?

Reported by: Klasiant » Feb 21 2019, 21:34
Noblebone Bow (with explosive impact) will not be repaired in any weapons store in Jadame. He simply assures me it isn't broken. (Goddamn salesmen) Might be that Antagarich or Enroth weaponsmiths might be more helpful, but I have not gotten around to visit any yet.
Rodril's note: as far as i know, it is original mechanic for "Relic" items: shopkeepers can not repair them, only characters with GM repair. Also you can just harden these items.
Templayer's note: Maybe a solution would be instead of the shopkeeper telling you that the item is fine for him to tell the player something like "I cannot repair an item this awesome, unfortunately." How it works now (telling you that a broken item isn't broken even though it is) is something I consider a bug. Even if it is a vanilla one.

Return to “Might and Magic”