Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Mar 2019, 08:24

double
Last edited by Rodril on 08 Mar 2019, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

Vinevi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vinevi » 08 Mar 2019, 10:19

A few things regarding UI and how it works in VIII
Honestly adding new themes is pretty tricky at the moment and I'd say restrictive. There are 2 main things that make it harder than it should be:
1. The textures that are allowed to have transparency are hardcoded. Which is mind blowing even for the game released in 2000. So if there was a way to unlock transparency on all textures or at least being able to set flags manually would've been very nice and handy.
2. There is no way to offset UI elements (well, there is a hacky one to add empty space to the textures, but that only allows to shift the graphics to the right and bottom, since all the elements are anchored to the top left corner and even that is restrictive because not all textures support transparency).

So if we want to have custom interfaces and if we want them looking and working good we need to take care of these things. I see it like some txt file with exposed coordinates and flags (like for transparency) for the most UI elements in the game. I hope that is possible.

The UI of VIII in general is a weird mix of the old and new things which not necessarily work very good together. For instance the button placement is very inconsistent, VII started doing rectangular buttons which do not require any transparency (yay, very optimized and funny), then it shifted things around because UI became more adaptive than it was in VI and it worked alright at least for that game, then VIII comes out with all these things still here, but trying to get rid of the sidebar which ends up making a mess of everything (because the sidebar was handling all the adaptive stuff and had multiple functions).
Last edited by Vinevi on 08 Mar 2019, 10:37, edited 3 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Mar 2019, 10:29

Piottor wrote: After todays "sweep" through Castle Kriegspiere there are few things worth mentioning, again not sure if they were reported before as bugs or if they even are considered a bug and not a feature :) Sweep was done at level 41 and 42 with combination of Hero (dual sword focus), Master Archer (spear dagger dual focus), High Priest (clerical and light magic focus), Master Wizard (fire, water, air and dark magic focus) and Champion (spear sword dual focus).

1.) Suggestion: Minotaurs were quite easy prey, but I believe that Minotaur Kings should recieve some buffing as their signature ability from MM6, Finger of Death, is no longer available. Minotaur Mages were way more challenging then Minotaur Kings in my opinion.
Templayer's note: I'm considering this a bug since the situation was created by them having their main spell removed from the game and thus being nerfed.

2.) Definetly a bug: A lot of items could be looted "from unknown location" by pressing space bar randomly on walls or corpses. Some walls didnt really act as walls in terms of looting either.
Templayer's note: Already reported

3.) Probably a bug: Only two out of four inner circles spawned monsters, if I remember my playthroughs of MM6 correctly, all four inner circle spawned a wave of enemies when first entered.
Templayer's note: Definitely a bug, I literally played the Kriegspire castle in vanilla MM6 yesterday and all four of these trigger monsters. One triggered pure minotaurs, another Agar's monsters, another a combination of minotaurs and Agar's monsters, and the last one spilled out all three variations of drakes!

4.) Probably a bug: Every single chest inside of Castle Kriegspiere contained atleast one or more of special items, relic or artifact. There was Staff of Elements, Ethrics Staff, Elfbane (I doubt this should be in random loot at all as its Acromage MM7 reward), Harecks Leather, Staff of the Swamp, Berserkers Belt and more...around 10 "special" items were found in chests inside of this dungeon. Even if this easily could be featured as some sort of "reward" for one of endgame dungeons, I highly doubt so many special items should be included in one dungeon, on top of that as easy as Kriegspiere.

5.) Unfinished Feature / Bug: From one of the drakes I got random loot of MM6 Steel Plate Armor that didnt fit the doll, I guess it is in between of bug and unfinished feature atm, but hey money is money, trainers are greedy and armores will buy even stuff that doesnt fit the dolls :D
I just now realized that the Finger of Death isn't in MM8 and thus is gone. And that Rodril and GrayFace do not want to implement old spells, because they are "superfluous" (I was in opposition to that). Now I am a sad puppy. :S
Added to the Bug Tracker. Nice avatar, by the way. I kinda wish everyone would choose something, it would make my dyslexic life easier. :D
Mozaki wrote: Is it normal if I finished the quest of Anthony Stones, "retrive the calice, bring it to the temple in free haven and then return back to him", he promoted all my cleric to priest but the dialog about high priest didn't showed up. And I still have the quest in my quest log but when I click on the "Priest" dialog, he's saying that I've done it.

Either, It's true that I'm only lvl 35 but I have like around 30 in every resistance, around 70 in the seven statistics etc... My character are supposed to be strong but every monsters is dealing me a lot of damage (A Dwarft Lord in snergle cavern deals around 110 per hit, even if I'm master in the armor I'm wearing)
Added to the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Mar 2019, 10:32

Vinevi wrote:A few things regarding UI and how it works in VIII
Honestly adding new themes is pretty tricky at the moment and I'd say restrictive. There are 2 main things that make it harder than it should be:
1. The textures that are allowed to have transparency are hardcoded. Which is mind blowing even for the game released in 2000. So if there was a way to unlock transparency on all textures or at least being able to set flags manually would've been very nice and handy.
2. There is no way to offset UI elements (well, there is a hacky one to add empty space to the textures, but that only allows to shift the graphics to the right and bottom, since all the elements are anchored to the top left corner and even that is restrictive because not all textures support transparency).

So if we want to have custom interfaces and if we want them looking and working good we need to take care of these things. I see it like some txt file with exposed coordinates and flags (like for transparency) for the most UI elements in the game. I hope that is possible.

The UI of VIII in general is a weird mix of the old and new things which not necessarily work very good together. For instance the button placement is very inconsistent, VII started doing rectangular buttons which do not require any transparency (yay, very optimized and funny), then it shifted things around because UI became more adaptive than it was in VI and it worked alright at least for that game, then VIII comes out with all these things still here, but trying to get rid of the sidebar which ends up making a mess of everything (because the sidebar was handling all the adaptive stuff and had multiple functions).
Added to the Suggestion Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Mar 2019, 10:34

Rodril wrote:
Mozaki wrote:1: Are you planning to do a french version of the game?
I need french localization files to do it:
icons.lod from mm6, events.lod from mm7, EnglishT from mm8 - for text localization, sound lods and EnglishD.lod for auido localization.
You could make some base tutorial on how to make a translation for the game, and I could put it into the Tutorials Tracker.
Or even better, just resend this post of mine to all the people who made the translations that are already put in place. Some of them would be happy to colab on that I imagine, and it means no surplus work on your back!

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Mar 2019, 10:47

Templayer wrote:You could make some base tutorial on how to make a translation for the game, and I could put it into the Tutorials Tracker.
Or even better, just resend this post of mine to all the people who made the translations that are already put in place. Some of them would be happy to colab on that I imagine, and it means no surplus work on your back!
I have external database with all MM assets, which allow me to easily combine original files into localization lods. Existing localizations except spanish and second link of russian were made with it. I don't think it is user friendly enough to share. Usual way of localization would be quiet painstacking.
Last edited by Rodril on 08 Mar 2019, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Mar 2019, 17:02

Reported by: cuthalion » Jan 11 2019, 19:10
Playing with these settings did not help to start music cycle:
PlayMP3=1
MusicLoopsCount=10
Still, all .mp3 files I have in /music are played only once per area (load game helps to restart but...)
Templayer: That does happen to me for all the games in vanilla with GrayFace's patch (no matter if MP3 or RedBook music is used). But it might be time to solve that (if GrayFace is willing).
Rodril wrote:On the tracker:
solution is to convert all .mp3 to .wav . I would share music straight in wav, but game files won't fit into dropbox then.
Why are we using dropbox, again? :D
Also since dropbox screws files during compression, some of us have to use the zip file generated by you. What is stopping you from using 7z to make a really decently compressed package, in which wavs are going to be included?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Mar 2019, 17:22

Templayer wrote:Also since dropbox screws files during compression, some of us have to use the zip file generated by you. What is stopping you from using 7z to make a really decently compressed package, in which wavs are going to be included?
Since i'm forced to use packages now, i'm going to try it.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Mar 2019, 21:05

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:Also since dropbox screws files during compression, some of us have to use the zip file generated by you. What is stopping you from using 7z to make a really decently compressed package, in which wavs are going to be included?
Since i'm forced to use packages now, i'm going to try it.
Actually I gave it a bit of thinking (why there are three people me included for which DropBox generates corrupted zip files to download and no one else), and if I haven't mentioned it already...
... I'm using Firefox. And I haven't tried it on a different browser. Most people use Chrome.

... and I won't try it, I'm happy to have a working version and I do not want to break it if I am wrong! :D

@for people that do not know what I am talking about / haven't read the problem previously:
I've tried 7zip, Winrar and Windows' default zip implementation, in all of them the zip file DropBox prepared for me when clicking on download for Rodril's previous non-packaged Merge had truncated script files, which during compression lost some lines when compared with raw files, causing the Merge to crash on startup with pretty much compilation errors for these files. That is why we are moving to the Merge being pre-packaged from Rodril. :)

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 08 Mar 2019, 21:40

Templayer wrote: Actually I gave it a bit of thinking (why there are three people me included for which DropBox generates corrupted zip files to download and no one else), and if I haven't mentioned it already...
... I'm using Firefox. And I haven't tried it on a different browser. Most people use Chrome.

... and I won't try it, I'm happy to have a working version and I do not want to break it if I am wrong! :D
On-topic: You were not the only one, when I was first time downloading whole mod (around two or three weeks ago) I had to redownload it several times aswell, the startup where you pick up starting location never fired up and I was always forced to start in Jadame. Also I could only create only single character. I use only Chrome so I doubt it was related to Firefox only :) It worked correctly on fourth or fifth time, idk how it works now, and likewise Im not gonna test it since I am glad my version works :D

Off-topic: I was wondering, since I technically can swap "areas" (Enroth, Erathia, Jadame), I was wondering...do you recieve the main questline when you arrive in there (for example when Ill go to Erathia, will I get The Big Hunt contest on Emerald Island or am I considered a lord of Harmonadle already?) or there is some trick to it? Do you have to fully complete starting area main questline (Kreegan Reactor in Enroth for me) to have others areas main questlines available? I didnt yet tried world travel (I know how to already, since V. already told me how to do so), so Im asking before Ill go to Erathia... :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Mar 2019, 22:28

Piottor wrote: Off-topic: I was wondering, since I technically can swap "areas" (Enroth, Erathia, Jadame), I was wondering...do you recieve the main questline when you arrive in there (for example when Ill go to Erathia, will I get The Big Hunt contest on Emerald Island or am I considered a lord of Harmonadle already?) or there is some trick to it? Do you have to fully complete starting area main questline (Kreegan Reactor in Enroth for me) to have others areas main questlines available? I didnt yet tried world travel (I know how to already, since V. already told me how to do so), so Im asking before Ill go to Erathia... :)
If you go to Antagarich, you won't become the Lord of Harmondale immediately, but if you go to Erathia (which is a place in Antagarich... you might be a bit confused guessing from your original post, where you refer to Erathia as a continent you can go to... the continent is actually called Antagarich), you can get the Contest quest, set sail to Emerald Island and thus begin the questline.
For others - questlines start pretty much immediately. You can either finish one continent and then go to another, or (my preferred way) hop around them to your liking! There are actually hidden passageways that can take you between the continents without any other requirements. I know of one that is located on Dagger Wound Islands and can be accessed pretty much immediately in Jadame! :)

Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mozaki » 09 Mar 2019, 00:38

Rodril wrote: I need french localization files to do it:
icons.lod from mm6, events.lod from mm7, EnglishT from mm8 - for text localization, sound lods and EnglishD.lod for auido localization.
Here's the link for every mm in french ;-)
I juste put everything in the game folder into .rar. I wasen't sure of what you really needed so I put everything loll

Ps : Just to say, my mm6 french version is from the original cd. So it have somes "glitch" that aren't present in gog version. Like infinite xp, infinite gold, etc...

MM6 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/si1ufwkputa0j ... I.rar?dl=0

MM7 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/c78vgu8xrhe3w ... 7.rar?dl=0

MM8 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbnx7isdm2wv8 ... 8.rar?dl=0
Mozaki wrote:Is it normal if I finished the quest of Anthony Stones, "retrive the calice, bring it to the temple in free haven and then return back to him", he promoted all my cleric to priest but the dialog about high priest didn't showed up. And I still have the quest in my quest log but when I click on the "Priest" dialog, he's saying that I've done it.
Rodril wrote:No, it is not. If possible, send me your savegame file.
Here is my savefile ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6sdyfw0ncrxoe ... 0.dod?dl=0

If you need anything else, just let me know! ;-)
And thank you for everything you're doing :-)
Last edited by Mozaki on 09 Mar 2019, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 09 Mar 2019, 02:01

Templayer wrote: Antagarich... you might be a bit confused guessing from your original post, where you refer to Erathia as a continent you can go to...
I know Erathia is just one country in there :) I just always seem to forget how the continent is called :D better call it Erathia than come up with some random fanfiction name or do some sort of mutaname :D Thanks for info :)

I noticed a few bugs today in two higher Temple of Baa (way to ruin the mood, right? :D ), but they arent actually limited to just them:

Superior Temple of Baa: Definetly a bug, tho it happens everywhere where Grand Druid mobs spawn - they dont ruin your mana, I tested it for 2 hours ingame letting Grand Druid shoot at me at whim, she did all kinds of spells but in vanilla MM6 she also ruins (resets to 0) mana of characters sometimes when she attacks, she didnt. I killed many Grand Druids already, idk why I noticed only today.

Supreme Temple of Baa: Also definetly a bug and also can happen anywhere, It just happened for me here. I believe the special necklace/amulet Morgan should be part of MM6 Obelisk Puzzle "quest" instead of random loot. On side note I finished also Obelisk Puzzle to check out on it and it wasnt included so atleast it keeps balance :D There was only Guinevere and Igraine (I hope I spelled them right :D ), but Morgan should be included in the reward aswell...makes me wonder if MM7 Acromage will be missing Elfsbane aswell since I found it in Kriegspiere yesterday :D

One more bug, but that is probably(edit: definetly) linked to special bow Artemis, the pushback stuff I mentioned earlier...at Hermits Isle when the Sea Eels (all three versions of them) got pushed to the inland they could freely traverse the land, but couldnt get back to sea...

Also a loooot earlier I happened to clear out Corlagons Estate, back then I wasnt much into reporting stuff, but on the other note - why not?
So in Corlagons Estate, every single chest contained only Whisp Wrappings, to top it up they are unsellable to local Enroth vendors and I have no idea what to do with them. Maybe they are sellable in Jadame but I really dont remember since I played MM8 only once (as opposed to like 30x of MM6 and arond 10x of MM7)...this also happened around 2 weeks ago so if it got fixed in the meantime, I am terribly sorry for reporting it late :)
Last edited by Piottor on 09 Mar 2019, 02:06, edited 2 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 09.03.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 09 Mar 2019, 10:40

Patch link have been updated. Only bugfixing this time, I've left comments on tracker. Thank you.
If you encounter this:

Code: Select all

Emmanuel gone missing
Attempting to rescue him from the cage in the temple of the snake makes him disappear from the game. He's not in my party or the cage anymore. Quest giver says the quest is not finished.
Use debug console to fix savegame, ctrl+f1 to open it, ctrl+enter to execute:

Party.QBits[1227] = false
Click cage again after.

Klasiant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Klasiant » 09 Mar 2019, 12:23

Piottor wrote:Also a loooot earlier I happened to clear out Corlagons Estate, back then I wasnt much into reporting stuff, but on the other note - why not?
So in Corlagons Estate, every single chest contained only Whisp Wrappings, to top it up they are unsellable to local Enroth vendors and I have no idea what to do with them. Maybe they are sellable in Jadame but I really dont remember since I played MM8 only once (as opposed to like 30x of MM6 and arond 10x of MM7)...this also happened around 2 weeks ago so if it got fixed in the meantime, I am terribly sorry for reporting it late :)
Phoneposting from work, hence my recent abscence.

This is not a bug, it's a feature. Without spoiling it's connected with the new MMMerge plotline. Though I myself questioned the number of wrappings and the abscence of normal loot.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Mar 2019, 12:49

These bugs were fixed (holy sh*t Rodril... just ... holy sh*t) and removed from the tracker:

reported by: CERBOT » Nov 4 2018, 2:41
when I open a door in a dungeon, the creatures behind it will not attack me until I do that first (at least that's the case if I don't enter the room first). And only the ones that I've attacked will come after me.
Rodril's response: It is bug/feature of original engine, i'm not sure it should be tweaked anyhow.

reported by: Xfing » Nov 6 2018, 6:25
- One little thing I've noticed when starting a new game: the Pirate Cutlass (2d4+6, 490 gold) appears on the Emerald Isle, for me it appeared both in a treasure crate and at the blacksmith's. Isn't it rather suspicious that a weapon of this quality would appear in those s h i t-tier locations? I think this cutlass may have a too low treasure level assigned by mistake.
- MM8's Club (cheapest one) is now called "Barbed club" as per my suggestion, but the second word does not start with a capital
- MM8's Trollish Claymore's value is 300 against the suggested 200, making it conflict with the MM7 Steel Broadsword.
- Seeing as how MM7 characters generally have more HP than MM8 characters, I think Clerics should be nerfed to have less hp in their final promotions in this merge. Clerics used to be next to the bottom of the pool after just Sorcerers when it comes to hp, and now they equal or even surpass Dark Elves/Vampires with only a bit of Body Building. This shouldn't be so and priests of the light and dark should have no more HP than Priests of the Sun had in MM8.
- The grammar for the Peasant promotions at skill teachers could be fixed. Instead of "Become Class." I suggest just "Class", with no period at the end. Add "the" before the class name in the promotion dialogue, "path of the Monk" for example.

Reported by: panjaster » Dec 30 2018, 20:46
Another one, I'm not sure if this was done on purpose, but when you ask about bounty hunt, the monster that should be actually hunted will spawn somewhere in / near the town, tested in New Sorpigal and Silver Cove.
Templayer's response: I don't personally think the bounty hunted monsters should appear right INSIDE the town, because that makes no sense. But them appearing on the map or inside the dungeons on the map makes a lot of sense, even from a gameplay standpoint - if you are just starting the game, you won't be able to go to for example Castle Alamos to kill a monster... but maybe some upper limit should be in place based on your combined party level so that your progress in the game doesn't get blocked by a high level monster that you have no chance of killing. In the same way the Arena handles that.

Rodril's note: bounty hunt adjusted, so monsters won't be too much powerful for party.

Reported by: Templayer » Jan 2 2019, 18:07
I just found a visual bug: Besides the selected character portrait not being centered, the hand is glitching up.
*picture*

Reported by: by qtish » Jan 6 2019, 11:11
Ores seem not to create certain type of weapons: Bows, Staves, 2H axes. If bows I understand, made of wood, but 2H axes seems like unintended bug.
Make (TOP TIER ONLY - Templayer) potion stores sell top tier reagents. Verdant has very annoying quest, asking 3 phoenix feathers among many other stuff. Top tier reagents are not being sold in top tier potion shops. I just recently found out how amazing game alchemy is, where you can get stronger heroism effect from it.

Rodril's note: fixed, alchemy shops in the Pit, Celeste and Balthazar Lair will sell top tier reagents.

Reported by: cuthalion » Jan 9 2019, 9:49
Another issue I noticed: When I entered Temple of Baa (MM6 part), sound track there was different from classic MM6 version - my favourite Temple of Baa sound track. I looked through subfolder music/ and the track was there among other .mp3 tracks.
Question: Is it a known issue? And is there a simple solution? Like, renaming 2 files? I think renaming music files may cause other locations to get incorrect background music, and I wonder if this is something that should be fixed in 'code'? Like, assigning correct sound track file to correct location?
I renamed 49.mp3 to 50.mp3 and old 50.mp3 into new 49.mp3. (49 was music that actually played in Temple of Baa and 50 was music that should have been played). Now music - at least in Templa of Baa - plays correctly. I am not sure about all other places as I do not remember all of them by place - 20 years, after all…

Reported by: cuthalion » Jan 11 2019, 19:10
Quite often, when I enter a room in a Cavern or Keep, a bunch of monsters stare at me but do not attack even though the distance is definitely close. I stare at them.
Then I shoot one, he starts advancing, I kill him. Then I shoot second etc. It was especially notable in Silverhelm Outpost (Mist)  and Dragoons Keep (Free Haven), where a bunch of veterans become easy prey despite being deadly for my level.
Templayer: This has been reported before, and Rodril didn't know if he should fix it or not, since it is a vanilla bug. But recently I have played MM6 (vanilla, no mods) and there it works a different way for me - the enemies behind the opened door stare at me for a second or two, and then they all attack. I believe that should be the correct way to fix it and it should be fixed (i.e. turn what you are experiencing in Merge to what I am experiencing in MM6). It's quite hilarious sometimes. "SURPRISE!"
One more thing - a possible bug. At Dragonsand Oasis, some of the weapon types never appear in exchange for a pyramid: I made like 1000 test trades and never saw a 2handed axe or sword. Single handed weapons of all types come in plenty (including spears and halberds). I even got a pistol a couple of times but never a 2handed waepon. I wonder why. My minotaur misses a good axe badly.
Addon: Never a good staff for my mage either. Seems like 2handed-only weapons are ignored in algorithm.
Templayer: This was reported too, but for ORES (i.e. crafting NPCs in MM8). Also you probably shouldn't have gotten a pistol out of that! :D

Reported by: Hawklords » Jan 21 2019, 15:16
Hi, I keep getting a CTD whenever I try to enter the Tidewater Caverns, until then the game has run perfectly and is utterly wonderful! Here's a copy of the ErrorLog if that helps somehow:
Time: 22/01/2019 1:44:03 AM (21.01.2019 14:44:03 UTC)
Windows Version 6.2
Exception EAccessViolation in module mm8.exe at 0007024C.
Access violation at address 0047024C in module 'mm8.exe'. Read of address 31EC08AA.
Function Calls:
0047024C | D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 7024C
030F6111 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 6111
030F4DBF ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 4DBF
030F2A0E ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 2A0E
030F2AD1 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 2AD1
03320264 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 60264
76892DCA ? C:\WINDOWS\System32\win32u.dll + 2DCA
761392CF ? C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll + 292CF
0331F070 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 5F070
004712A6 | D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 712A6
0046A3EF | D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 6A3EF
0046A3D9 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 6A3D9
00461456 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 61456
00460C3E ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 60C3E
00461114 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 61114
00460F30 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 60F30
773AB503 ? C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll + 2B503
773F09AA ? C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll + 709AA
75EA4B34 ? C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll + 114B34
03315C33 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 55C33
032DBB67 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 1BB67
03315C4F ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 55C4F
033236AA ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 636AA
03321D5D ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 61D5D
004DC906 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + DC906
76C4FE07 ? C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL + 1FE07
773E662B ? C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll + 6662B
773E65F8 ? C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll + 665F8

Registers:

EAX = 318A4300
EBX = 00000000
ECX = FFFFF8B2
EDX = 0000004A
ESI = 00693728
EDI = 06BDA7C0
EBP = 0019FD10
ESP = 0019FC80

Stack Trace:

0019FC80: 00000011
0019FC84: 00693746
0019FC88: 00510001
0019FC8C: 0019FD30
0019FC90: 030F6116 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 6116
0019FC94: 032A01C0
0019FC98: 00000000
0019FC9C: 00000002
0019FCA0: 00000008
0019FCA4: 030F4DC4 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 4DC4
0019FCA8: 00000000
0019FCAC: 030F2A13 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 2A13
0019FCB0: 0019FD30
0019FCB4: 030F2AD6 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\ExeMods\MMExtension.dll + 2AD6
0019FCB8: 032A01C0
0019FCBC: FFFFFFFE
0019FCC0: 00000000
0019FCC4: 00000000
0019FCC8: 0051D338
0019FCCC: 033267F0
0019FCD0: 00000000
0019FCD4: 00EC1980
0019FCD8: 03320269 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 60269
0019FCDC: 76892DCC ? C:\WINDOWS\System32\win32u.dll + 2DCC
0019FCE0: 761392D4 ? C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll + 292D4
0019FCE4: 0019FCFC
0019FCE8: 0019FD08
0019FCEC: 0331F076 ? D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\MM8patch.dll + 5F076
0019FCF0: 0019FDAC
0019FCF4: 00000011
0019FCF8: 06BDA7C0
0019FCFC: 00000000
0019FD00: 0061C5CE
0019FD04: 00000000
0019FD08: 00000000
0019FD0C: 00000000
0019FD10: 0019FD34 | Last EBP
0019FD14: 004712AB | D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 712AB
0019FD18: 00FEB360
0019FD1C: 0051D338
0019FD20: 00000000
0019FD24: 00000005
0019FD28: 00000002
0019FD2C: 00000002
0019FD30: 00000011
0019FD34: 00EC1980 | Last EBP
0019FD38: 0046A3F4 | D:\GOG Games\3DO\Might and Magic VIII - Merge Mod\mm8.exe + 6A3F4
================================================================================

Rodril's note: could not reproduce this issue, and it never was reported again. Either fixed in previous patches, or reason was files corrupted by dropbox.

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 2 2019, 19:26
- The new potions' flavor text should omit "single use" - as that is not written in the Pure Might (and others) potions' flavor texts, for consistency.
- The Rejuvenation potion now doesn't work for some reason!
Now on to the potions themselves:
- Essence potions: The reducing part doesn't work right with some of them. My results listed below:
- Essence of Might - works OK
- Essence of Intellect - works OK
- Essence of Personality - works OK
- Essence of Endurance - reduces Accuracy by 5 instead of every other stat by 1
- Essence of Accuracy - reduces Endurance by 5 instead of Luck
- Essence of Speed - works OK
- Essence of Luck - Reduces every stat by 2 instead of reducing ACC by 5
- Those that work reduce the opposing stat by 5 like we agreed we'd be keeping, but the description text still suggests 15. Endurance doesn't work as intended right now, but it says 2 from every stat, and I assume we're intending 1 like in MM6. 2*6 is 12, as opposed to the 15 gained, so there is not much of a net benefit from drinking this potion (currently Luck).
- I realize that Luck, being the "odd one out" attribute as far as alchemy is concerned, but MM6 actually had the Endurance potion subtract from the other stats, not Luck. If we want to keep things as vanilla as can be, I'd opt for keeping faithful on this one.

Reported by: Phobos » Feb 3 2019, 8:56
Something I noticed: Hirelings that help you travel should have stackable bonuses like the original games. Now hiring an Explorer (1-day reduction to all travel) and a Sailor (2-day reduction to boat travel) results in only the higher bonus taking effect when traveling by boat.
Have Navigator hirelings been added? I haven't been able to find one, so I can't speed up boat travel by very much with the current selection

Rodril's note: Yes, they are.

Reported by: Phobos » Feb 7 2019, 12:20
As far as I can tell, almost all the temples are offering meditation instead of merchant. The only exceptions seem to be Dagger Wound and New Sorpigal (maybe Emerald Isle too); they correctly give merchant at the beginning of the game. However, when I return to Dagger Wound later, it seems merchant has changed into meditation! I have no idea what's triggering this. Could it be made so that Merchant is a permanent part of all the temples' skill selection and Meditation is left to the magic guilds?

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 11 2019, 15:21
- Bolster doesn't work in certain places still. Last time I reported the Plane of Air, today I noticed it's the same in the Lincoln.
- I found another Ring of Fusion and Staff of Elements just today, even though the artifacts/relics were supposed to be one-only until you no longer possess them. Perhaps a flag needs to be added to consider the items to be in your possession when they're in the inventories of characters in the Adventurer's Guild? I don't seem to have this sort of problem with MM6 or MM7 artifacts though - whenever I find artifacts from these games, they always seem to be ones that I'm still missing. The issue appears to only touch MM8 artifacts/relics.
EDIT 2: Scratch the above - I also found a Valeria, which I already had too, and it's from MM6.

Reported by: Daedros » Feb 16 2019, 23:57 -> Feb 19 2019, 5:25
Just looted a spell book for Sacrifice off of a Blood Titan. That probably shouldn't be possible, since the spell doesn't exist in the Spellbook anymore.
Rodril's note: In fact that was "Dark Grasp" book.
Most Temples on Antagarich do not train Merchant skill. Only temple i've found so far that does, is the "Temple of Stone" in Stone City.

Reported by: Daedros » Feb 20 2019, 21:36
Bracada Desert, Celeste and Castle Lambent being permanently hostile after stealing the Tapestry, even after a map reset, is preventing me from continuing the main questline. I just killed Xenofex, yet can't turn in the quest to Resurrectra due to the Throneroom in Castle Lambent being locked.

Rodril's note: Throne room acessible when hostile indicator is green, - just clear area out of hostile monsters; areas won't be hostile after respawn anymore.

Reported by: Phobos » Feb 21 2019, 22:35
"Mekorig's Hammer" has some wrong attributes. It doesn't give +75 Might or reduce Air Resistance by 50 like it should - instead, it raises Speed and Accuracy.
Xfing: I think all available uniques should be looked at. Many from MM6 and MM7 don't perform as advertised at all, granting either just part of the bonuses they say they grant, none of them, or completely different ones.

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 23 2019, 9:24
Higher level alchemy shops should have a chances of carrying level 4 or even level 5 reagents - currently I think they never do. Maybe not level 5 to preserve their scarcity, but making level 4 an option with a small percentage of appearing would definitely be nice! Also, I believe the new recipes aren't appearing at stores (not sure about random loot).

Rodril's note: shops of The Pit, Celeste and Balthazar Lair will do.

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 23 2019, 17:21
BTW, after reapplying the latest patch, I found two Splitters. In the same room - the Dragon Caves hoard. Something is still off with the artifacts.

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 23 2019, 19:16
Some bosses still don't get bolstered, such as Zog (still called that instead of Grognard it seems) who keeps 40 hp. Enrothian peasants from New Sorpigal do get bolstered, while otehr peasants don't seem to.

Reported by: Xfing » Feb 23 2019, 20:30
The Mega-Dragon doesn't scale with the bolster (as most bosses don't, I'm sure :P)

Reported by: Anerag » Mar 3 2019, 11:10 when using the february 19th version
Emmanuel gone missing
Attempting to rescue him from the cage in the temple of the snake makes him disappear from the game. He's not in my party or the cage anymore. Quest giver says the quest is not finished.

Rodril's note: fixed, to repair svagames, use console: "Party.QBits[1227] = false"

Reported by: Templayer 15:24 4.3. 2019
The Moon Cloak repaint seem to be broken on the Normal Male Paperdoll
*picture*

Reported by: Klasiant  05.03.2019
A chest by the obilisk in Erathia spawned three artifacts (Igraine, Elven Chainmail and Splitter) for my low-level (level 10) party. Seems a bit earlier than intended.

Reported by:  Mozaki » Mar 6 2019, 3:21
Is that normal that the girl we're suposed to meet in Dragonsand comes to see us after a moment when you've never been to her? Like I've been to Dragonsand to get a "big boost" (trying not to spoil :p) and then cames back to Sorpigal. I was doing my quest and when I was about to enter the Hall of fire lord, the dialog just pop out. But I've never been to the pedestal.

Reported by: Klasiant 06.03.2019
Travelling from the Barrow Downs to Bracada Desert overland (even on the road in the southwest) places you in the southwest of Bracada Desert, as opposed to on the road in the northeast where it’s supposed to.

Reported by: Piottor » Mar 7 2019, 14:30
Also Lord Kilburns shield, when equiped doesnt show up on doll, I tend to use it from start as its fairly easy to find and equip (given fact that you know a trick how to deal with werewolves early on  )...didnt think its very important to report as its Quest item that later disappears as you hand it over, but thought I will report it anyway 

Reported by: Mozaki » Mar 8 2019, 5:49
Is it normal if I finished the quest of Anthony Stones, "retrive the calice, bring it to the temple in free haven and then return back to him", he promoted all my cleric to priest but the dialog about high priest didn't showed up. And I still have the quest in my quest log but when I click on the "Priest" dialog, he's saying that I've done it.
Rodril's answer: No, it is not. If possible, send me your savegame file.

Rodril's note:  click "Priests" topic again to get "High priests" back.

Suggestions:

Armsmaster trainers in Enroth
By: Dess
Is there a way to add armsmaster trainers in Enroth somewhere? Similar to how Diplomacy got replaced by alchemy. The same is true to a lesser extent when it comes to ID monster, but it doesnt have as much impact on the viability of a class the way armsmaster is for knights. Maybe the Berserkers fury or Buccaneers, since most skills are learned from shops and temples instead.
Templayer: Could we rename Armsmaster to something that makes more sense? Since if you are for example an master of sword, then you are an armsmaster with a sword. Maybe armsmaster should be renamed to Knowledge of Arms or something like that, that would make more sense.

Rodril's note: done, next update. Both expert, master and grandmaster will be in Free Heaven.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Mar 2019, 12:54

Piottor wrote: I noticed a few bugs today in two higher Temple of Baa (way to ruin the mood, right? :D ), but they arent actually limited to just them:

Superior Temple of Baa: Definetly a bug, tho it happens everywhere where Grand Druid mobs spawn - they dont ruin your mana, I tested it for 2 hours ingame letting Grand Druid shoot at me at whim, she did all kinds of spells but in vanilla MM6 she also ruins (resets to 0) mana of characters sometimes when she attacks, she didnt. I killed many Grand Druids already, idk why I noticed only today.

Supreme Temple of Baa: Also definetly a bug and also can happen anywhere, It just happened for me here. I believe the special necklace/amulet Morgan should be part of MM6 Obelisk Puzzle "quest" instead of random loot. On side note I finished also Obelisk Puzzle to check out on it and it wasnt included so atleast it keeps balance :D There was only Guinevere and Igraine (I hope I spelled them right :D ), but Morgan should be included in the reward aswell...makes me wonder if MM7 Acromage will be missing Elfsbane aswell since I found it in Kriegspiere yesterday :D

One more bug, but that is probably(edit: definetly) linked to special bow Artemis, the pushback stuff I mentioned earlier...at Hermits Isle when the Sea Eels (all three versions of them) got pushed to the inland they could freely traverse the land, but couldnt get back to sea...
Klasiant wrote:
Piottor wrote:Also a loooot earlier I happened to clear out Corlagons Estate, back then I wasnt much into reporting stuff, but on the other note - why not?
This is not a bug, it's a feature. Without spoiling it's connected with the new MMMerge plotline. Though I myself questioned the number of wrappings and the abscence of normal loot.
I do consider that a bug, since the absence of the normal loot... Added to the Bug Tracker
Last edited by Templayer on 09 Mar 2019, 12:55, edited 2 times in total.

Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mozaki » 09 Mar 2019, 16:50

I have noticed that the minotaur "Lurch", the dwarf "Snergle" and the "Devil of Baa" (maybe others too) don't have their normal name. Instead of Lurch it's "Minotaur King", Snergle is "Dwarf Lord" and the Devil of Baa is "Devil Warrior". It might be a bug ;-)
Last edited by Mozaki on 09 Mar 2019, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 09 Mar 2019, 17:00

Mozaki wrote:I have noticed that the minotaur "Lurch", the dwarf "Snergle" and the "Devil of Baa" (maybe others too) don't have their normal name. Instead of Lurch it's "Minotaur King", Snergle is "Dwarf Lord" and the Devil of Baa is "Devil Warrior". It might be a bug ;-)
I can confirm this, forgot to check on Snergle, but I am possitive that there was no Devil of Baa nor Lurch in their respective Kriegspiere dungeons. Also there was just some random Lich King (or was it just Power Lich? I dont remember now :S ) instead of Agar in Agars Laboratory.

Mentioning Snergle, his axe (that you get as a special reward from quest that cannot be sold) doesnt fit the paper dolls, I used it today as "backup" weapon when my High Priests weapon got damaged and poor Champion that has repair was dead...

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Mar 2019, 17:01

Mozaki wrote:I have noticed that the minotaur "Lurch", the dwarf "Snergle" and the "Devil of Baa" (maybe others too) don't have their normal name. Instead of Lurch it's "Minotaur King", Snergle is "Dwarf Lord" and the Devil of Baa is "Devil Warrior". It might be a bug ;-)
Piottor wrote:
I can confirm this, forgot to check on Snergle, but I am possitive that there was no Devil of Baa nor Lurch in their respective Kriegspiere dungeons. Also there was just some random Lich King (or was it just Power Lich? I dont remember now :S ) instead of Agar in Agars Laboratory.

Mentioning Snergle, his axe (that you get as a special reward from quest that cannot be sold) doesnt fit the paper dolls, I used it today as "backup" weapon when my High Priests weapon got damaged and poor Champion that has repair was dead...
Last edited by Templayer on 09 Mar 2019, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”