Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 5 2019, 21:51

Klasiant wrote:
Templayer wrote:Klasiant made a bug report straight on the Bug Tracker!


I don't think I can help out in any other capacity on this project, so I'll just keep plugging along.

Do you happen to have any insight into how perception works, Templayer? I've usually kept it to one character, and found moderate amounts of extra loot when picking up corpses, but now I'm running a silly party where so far all my dudes have expert perception (since not one of us can disarm an actual trap) and I've seen an insane increase in the amount of random crap I find from corpses. My best guess is that the bonuses from different characters is stacking for some reason, but I don't know for sure.

No, I don't. I know it shows you hidden buttons and such, and also gives you a chance to dodge traps when they are sprung. Also in MM8 perception was supposed to enable you to gain treasures from overworld objects, such as from a buoy, a small pillar in Shadowspire, etc. but those use Repair instead due to a dev overlook. They were quite screwed with the time schedule they had on MM8!

Let me check the Internets...

"Main use of Perception in MM VI is chance to avoid trap's damage, ability to loot from bone piles and ability to open door in one of Baa Temples which is mandatory for progress. It doesn't really help much to notice hidden switches and doors. And you don't really need more than 4 Expert in Perception to be able to loot all bone piles and open that one door in Temple."

"abbayarra: I may be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that perception level along with luck also influenced rewards from creatures killed. You can get better and more treasure from a character with a high perception."
"People in my land disassembled nearly entire game and they found nothing about perception influencing loot."

"In MM6, some objects only allow you to retrieve treasure from them with a certain level of Perception skill. Skull piles and Garbage mounds are the two that I know of. "

"in MM7 & MM8, I like when hidden passages glow red. Very helpful. :)"
"Everything she said. Not all treasure box are place in front of you in MM, you need to find them, and perception helps. "

"I had two characters with master perception but one of them also had disarm trap.
For testing purposes I used the one without disarm trap. I also used a character who did not have any perception or disarm trap skill.
The character with no skill always was damaged by the trap when she opened losing as many as 30 HP and as few as 15.
The character with perception skill only also lost as many hp as 30 on some occasions when opening the trap. He also went as low as losing only 3 hp, and some times lost none.
So having perception gives a chance to completely avoid damage and also can reduce the damage output. There is also a chance you will take maximum damage. "

"in MM6, the Perception skill is also required to pick up crystals, like the ones you can find in Snergle's Ironfist dungeon. Some crystals will say "useless crystal" when clicked on. These aren't lootable, and really are useless. Other crystals (depending on your selected character's perception skill) will either be picked up or don't do anything (not even give a message). So if a crystal doesn't give a message and you can't pick it up, it means your perception skill isn't high enough or you don't have the right character selected."

I'm 99,99% positive that Perception does not affect standard loot from browsing the internet.

Also it depends on Rodril's implementation and modification. The treasures in MM8 requiring Repair instead of Perception to get an item from them is a vanilla bug that I would like to see fixed, because it makes zero sense...
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 05 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Piottor » Mar 5 2019, 22:58

Hello, not sure if this was ever reported as a bug, or if it even is bug but in Enroth - Silver Cove in the Silver Helm Stronghold there is a ghost of Sir John Silver, I mistakenly closed the dialogue with him (faulty mouse I clicked on ghost but mouse doubleclicked and popup "talk" window closed) without clicking any "talk" text in there and he disappeared (there is only "distorted" wall where he is supposed to be), the "secret" passage is openable, but I have an Ankh from Blackames that is supposed to be delivered to Loreta Fleise, then to Anthony Stone but since I didnt "talk" to the ghost I didnt recieve the quest and the ghost no longer appears in Stronghold so I cant even get it...
Is there a way to obtain that task someway? Before you ask, yes I did save Melody in Mist already.

Also a question on alchemy, where should I look for Enroth expert/master/grandmaster trainers of alchemy? I started in Enroth and back in MM6 there wasnt an alchemy skill so no idea where to look, idk how to switch islands/worlds yet so there isnty possibility to just look for them in Erathia/Jadame...

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

User avatar
Daedros
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Apr 2018

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Daedros » Mar 6 2019, 1:50

Templayer wrote:Klasiant made a bug report straight on the Bug Tracker!

Reported by: Klasiant 14:18 05.03.2019
A chest by the obilisk in Erathia spawned three artifacts (Igraine, Elven Chainmail and Splitter) for my low-level (level 10) party. Seems a bit earlier than intended.

I approve! :)

I had the same thing happen. The chest next to the Obelisk in Erathia (where all the Griffins are) had 3 Artifacts in it (Staff of the Elements, Finality, and something else).

Klasiant wrote:
Templayer wrote:Klasiant made a bug report straight on the Bug Tracker!

Do you happen to have any insight into how perception works, Templayer? I've usually kept it to one character, and found moderate amounts of extra loot when picking up corpses, but now I'm running a silly party where so far all my dudes have expert perception (since not one of us can disarm an actual trap) and I've seen an insane increase in the amount of random crap I find from corpses. My best guess is that the bonuses from different characters is stacking for some reason, but I don't know for sure.

Perception doesn't affect the loot from corpses. It affects the ability to see "hidden" walls/traps in M&M7/8, and the ability to avoid/reduce damage from traps. I always eventually get my characters up to the max mastery of Perception that they can learn (Expert, Master, or GM) to reduce trap damage. The Vampire's "Levitate" ability is rather unique in that it allows you to avoid not only ground trap damage, but also Lava damage.

I also try to get my characters up to the max mastery level of Merchant that they can learn, for cheaper training prices as they level.

User avatar
Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 06 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Mozaki » Mar 6 2019, 3:21

Hello! :-)

I have a few questions to ask :-)

1: Are you planning to do a french version of the game?

2: When you pass a door, sometimes there's a bug that makes you see every torch of the dungeon. Does passing a door can crash the game? Is there a way to fix it?

3: Is that normal that the girl we're suposed to meet in Dragonsand comes to see us after a moment when you've never been to her? Like I've been to Dragonsand to get a "big boost" (trying not to spoil :p) and then cames back to Sorpigal. I was doing my quest and when I was about to enter the Hall of fire lord, the dialog just pop out. But I've never been to the pedestal.

4: Is that normal that the majority of the times when my character get hit, we sometimes see their face that they're getting hurt but we don't heard them.

5: I was speaking with citizens in Free Haven and, after maybe 10 person, a debug screen pop out. I tryied to close it, and it just keeps poping. So I pressed escape at the same times, saved the game, close, restart and then it never reappeared. Is there an issue with this? Just wanted to ask ;-)

By the way, sorry if I haven't read every post in this forum (there's like 93 pages... loll) and thank you for awnsering me :-)

Ps : The game is really great so far, keep on the fantastic work guys! :-D

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 6 2019, 12:50

Mozaki wrote:Hello! :-)

I have a few questions to ask :-)

1: Are you planning to do a french version of the game?

2: When you pass a door, sometimes there's a bug that makes you see every torch of the dungeon. Does passing a door can crash the game? Is there a way to fix it?

3: Is that normal that the girl we're suposed to meet in Dragonsand comes to see us after a moment when you've never been to her? Like I've been to Dragonsand to get a "big boost" (trying not to spoil :p) and then cames back to Sorpigal. I was doing my quest and when I was about to enter the Hall of fire lord, the dialog just pop out. But I've never been to the pedestal.

4: Is that normal that the majority of the times when my character get hit, we sometimes see their face that they're getting hurt but we don't heard them.

5: I was speaking with citizens in Free Haven and, after maybe 10 person, a debug screen pop out. I tryied to close it, and it just keeps poping. So I pressed escape at the same times, saved the game, close, restart and then it never reappeared. Is there an issue with this? Just wanted to ask ;-)

By the way, sorry if I haven't read every post in this forum (there's like 93 pages... loll) and thank you for awnsering me :-)

Ps : The game is really great so far, keep on the fantastic work guys! :-D


As far as I know, Rodril doesn't make the translations himself, but he implemented a way for anybody to translate the game easily. Some translations are in the first post.

The debug screen is there to catch an exception in the code. (instead of the now famous "An exception has occurred and the application needs to close" dialog) - when something bad happens with the code, the game will tell you what has happened by opening that debug console and writing down what happened where. You are supposed to copypaste what the debug window tells you and give it to us so we can fix it. After closing it, the game will try to continue running instead of hard crashing. Next time that happens, please tell us what was written in the debug window. That is what it is for in such a moment.

I will add those to the bug tracker.

The first post in this thread mentions MM6 doors being unstable in the Known bugs.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 6 2019, 12:54

Thanks Klasiant for more bug reports:

The fort in Harmondale keeps shooting even weeks after I have cleared the area of any and all goblins

If I enter a dungeon of any sort, murder a bunch of dudes and spam the space button to pick up corpses I will periodically loot other loose items throughout the dungeon. Examples: I kept looting potions in Castle Darkmoor in Mire of the Damned. I instantly aquired the arcomage deck when killing the first few troglodytes in the White Cliff Caves in Harmondale.

The Golem for the Wizard promotion quest takes a share of gold, but only from genie-lamps? No, it definitively happens randomly.



That second bug in particular seems to be quite big! I saw that once in a speedrun actually, but it had to be triggered somehow first in that!
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 6 2019, 12:55

Piottor wrote:Hello, not sure if this was ever reported as a bug, or if it even is bug but in Enroth - Silver Cove in the Silver Helm Stronghold there is a ghost of Sir John Silver, I mistakenly closed the dialogue with him (faulty mouse I clicked on ghost but mouse doubleclicked and popup "talk" window closed) without clicking any "talk" text in there and he disappeared (there is only "distorted" wall where he is supposed to be), the "secret" passage is openable, but I have an Ankh from Blackames that is supposed to be delivered to Loreta Fleise, then to Anthony Stone but since I didnt "talk" to the ghost I didnt recieve the quest and the ghost no longer appears in Stronghold so I cant even get it...
Is there a way to obtain that task someway? Before you ask, yes I did save Melody in Mist already.

Added to the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Klasiant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Feb 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Klasiant » Mar 6 2019, 13:33

Templayer wrote:I'm 99,99% positive that Perception does not affect standard loot from browsing the internet.


Daedros wrote:Perception doesn't affect the loot from corpses. It affects the ability to see "hidden" walls/traps in M&M7/8, and the ability to avoid/reduce damage from traps. I always eventually get my characters up to the max mastery of Perception that they can learn (Expert, Master, or GM) to reduce trap damage. The Vampire's "Levitate" ability is rather unique in that it allows you to avoid not only ground trap damage, but also Lava damage.


Are you two saying that my my idea that perception also increases random loot from picking up corpses is some sort of superstition I picked up when I had a poor grasp of english. I refuse to believe this is not the case :canthear:

But okay, I guess my extra loot is just coincidence then.

Mozaki wrote:2: When you pass a door, sometimes there's a bug that makes you see every torch of the dungeon. Does passing a door can crash the game? Is there a way to fix it?

3: Is that normal that the girl we're suposed to meet in Dragonsand comes to see us after a moment when you've never been to her? Like I've been to Dragonsand to get a "big boost" (trying not to spoil :p) and then cames back to Sorpigal. I was doing my quest and when I was about to enter the Hall of fire lord, the dialog just pop out. But I've never been to the pedestal.


I'm fairly sure I read somewhere in all this mess that #2 is a side-effect of loading the old maps into the MM8 engine. Something about the "seams" between rooms in the doorways being slightly misaligned so that if you hit them just right you'll see the map with only objects like torches, but not the meshes of the maps themselves (or something)

#3 is just the lady getting impatient after you not coming to see her after a while. She's like that. Happened to me in Antagarich (MM7) too. Found the letter, put it off while doing other stuff and eventually she found me in Avlee going "HEY YOU". Unsure if it's connected to actually going to Dragonsands though, she's in Tullerean Forest in Antagarich and I certainly went there before she eventually tracked me down. This is conjecture on my part, mind, I can't say I've actually asked anyone involved for a confirmation on this.

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 6 2019, 14:13

Klasiant wrote:
Templayer wrote:I'm 99,99% positive that Perception does not affect standard loot from browsing the internet.

Daedros wrote:Perception doesn't affect the loot from corpses. It affects the ability to see "hidden" walls/traps in M&M7/8, and the ability to avoid/reduce damage from traps. I always eventually get my characters up to the max mastery of Perception that they can learn (Expert, Master, or GM) to reduce trap damage. The Vampire's "Levitate" ability is rather unique in that it allows you to avoid not only ground trap damage, but also Lava damage.


Are you two saying that my my idea that perception also increases random loot from picking up corpses is some sort of superstition I picked up when I had a poor grasp of english. I refuse to believe this is not the case :canthear:

Affirmative.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 6 2019, 18:58

Some more reports by Klasiant today!

Reported by: Klasiant 06.03.2019
- This might be a feature and not a bug, but master Armsmaster: “Skill added to damage of all melee weapons” does not affect damage done by characters with the unarmed skill. Seems odd to me that monks get master armsmaster and should not get bonus damage from it when their best skill is unarmed. If this is a feature, should this be added to the suggestion tracker as well?
Templayer: Well, I always thought of Armsmaster as being Knowledge of Arms (i.e. weapons, not literal arms). But what the heck, I'm with you on this one, it sticks out as a sore thumb that they cannot use it with their best weapon skill. It can be literal for unarmed! :D
- The Nighon Tunnels have a LOT of issues of enemies clipping and getting stuck in the walls. Something about the angles in the geometry is putting them out of bounds.
- Travelling from the Barrow Downs to Bracada Desert overland (even on the road in the southwest) places you in the southwest of Bracada Desert, as opposed to on the road in the northeast where it’s supposed to.
- When stealing the portraits off the walls of the haunted mansion in the Barrow Downs and Castle Gryphonheart for the Tatalia quest, both the portrait of Archibald and the Angel go off just fine, while the Roland portrait leaves a lot of texture still on the wall. Graphical glitch, you still get the portraits and can turn the quest in.

@Klasiant - thanks for submitting stuff directly to the Bug Tracker! Could you also just then copypaste what you put there and put it into this thread as well? It will help the awareness of such a problem for Rodril and others. :hug:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Klasiant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Feb 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Klasiant » Mar 6 2019, 19:04

Templayer wrote:thanks for submitting stuff directly to the Bug Tracker! Could you also just then copypaste what you put there and put it into this thread as well? It will help the awareness of such a problem for Rodril and others. :hug:


Oh, sure. I was of the mind that I would report directly to the tracker for the purpose of not cluttering the thread unneccesarily. I'll make sure to post from now on.

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 6 2019, 20:18

Klasiant wrote:
Templayer wrote:thanks for submitting stuff directly to the Bug Tracker! Could you also just then copypaste what you put there and put it into this thread as well? It will help the awareness of such a problem for Rodril and others. :hug:


Oh, sure. I was of the mind that I would report directly to the tracker for the purpose of not cluttering the thread unneccesarily. I'll make sure to post from now on.

I do not consider reporting actual problems as cluttering! :rofl:
But formatting it for the Tracker and putting it there makes my job much easier. :devious:

@Rodril
What about making our own forum for the Merge?
This long thread is unreadable by now.
Having sections for the Merge such as bug reporting, asking general questions, etc. would help, I think. Just make sure it has the same smilies as this one! :jester:

"When something gets too big, divide it into smaller parts." - Me. :beheading:
Last edited by Templayer on Mar 6 2019, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Trollet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 Feb 2009

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 16.02.2019]

Postby Trollet » Mar 6 2019, 20:57

Templayer wrote:
FacelessMaster wrote:Bug Report

Seven's League Boots are currently not applicable to "of water magic" (let alone image problem)

https://imgur.com/a/cGlMDPB

Because they haven't been repainted to the new paperdolls. Where have you found them? That is important, because they shouldn't be spawning until someone repaints them.


Don't know if you ever got an answer to this but I just got them from Dragon loot in Dragonsand. And they will not equip.

Martin

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 16.02.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 6 2019, 22:23

Trollet wrote:
Templayer wrote:
FacelessMaster wrote:Bug Report

Seven's League Boots are currently not applicable to "of water magic" (let alone image problem)

https://imgur.com/a/cGlMDPB

Because they haven't been repainted to the new paperdolls. Where have you found them? That is important, because they shouldn't be spawning until someone repaints them.


Don't know if you ever got an answer to this but I just got them from Dragon loot in Dragonsand. And they will not equip.

Martin

I have added this to the original bug report.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 05 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Piottor » Mar 7 2019, 14:30

Hello I thought this is worth reporting, got 2 things:

1.) I found Golden Plate Armors (2 sets of em, some random enchantments on them) from corpses of Death Knights in Warlords Fortress (random loot when clicking corpses, got lots of plate armors, most of them from MM8 tho), which when I tried to wear were really off the doll, probably not repainted yet...I believe you should ensure theese armors wont drop at all if they are not yet ready :)

Also Lord Kilburns shield, when equiped doesnt show up on doll, I tend to use it from start as its fairly easy to find and equip (given fact that you know a trick how to deal with werewolves early on :) )...didnt think its very important to report as its Quest item that later disappears as you hand it over, but thought I will report it anyway :)

2.) The Artifact/Relic bow from MM6, Artemis is supposed to give a bonus lightning damage on strikes, but what really happens is that it occasionally also pushes back any mobs (friendly and enemy, friendlies dont take this as offense luckily), but whats worse even corpses, sometimes making certain corpses unrechable and thus unlootable...is this a feature or just a bug? :)

Anyhow keep up the good work :) This mod is amazing :)

User avatar
Templayer
Raider
Raider
Posts: 775
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Templayer » Mar 7 2019, 15:22

Piottor wrote:Hello I thought this is worth reporting, got 2 things:

1.) I found Golden Plate Armors (2 sets of em, some random enchantments on them) from corpses of Death Knights in Warlords Fortress (random loot when clicking corpses, got lots of plate armors, most of them from MM8 tho), which when I tried to wear were really off the doll, probably not repainted yet...I believe you should ensure theese armors wont drop at all if they are not yet ready :)

Also Lord Kilburns shield, when equiped doesnt show up on doll, I tend to use it from start as its fairly easy to find and equip (given fact that you know a trick how to deal with werewolves early on :) )...didnt think its very important to report as its Quest item that later disappears as you hand it over, but thought I will report it anyway :)

2.) The Artifact/Relic bow from MM6, Artemis is supposed to give a bonus lightning damage on strikes, but what really happens is that it occasionally also pushes back any mobs (friendly and enemy, friendlies dont take this as offense luckily), but whats worse even corpses, sometimes making certain corpses unrechable and thus unlootable...is this a feature or just a bug? :)

Anyhow keep up the good work :) This mod is amazing :)

The first two are bugs, and the second is an overlook, the third thing has been reported ... also did you know that if you have double arrow fire / hit an enemy with the blowback effect several times, he might skyrocket to the skies, never to be seen again? :D :D :D I suggested creating a relic wand and moving that effect there, calling it the Wand of Astrological Excursion. :D :D :D
(It's on the Suggestion Tracker, BTW!)

I'll add the first two paragraphs into the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

fireprince96
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 8
Joined: 02 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby fireprince96 » Mar 7 2019, 19:30

I came across a strange bug whenever I try training my party for expert, master, or grandmaster skills at misty island the debug console appears and will crash my game. currently the only way I found to prevent this is train one character exit out save and so forth to prevent the debug console from appearing and crashing my game, here is the script.

Update: no matter where I go to skill train for elemental magic the debug console appears and crashes my game.

...ld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360: attempt to index a nil value

stack traceback:
...ld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360: in function <...ld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:356>
[C]: in function 'pcall'
Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

arguments of '...ld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360':
d = (table: 0x08dac770)

local variables of '...ld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360':
PromotionName = "High Priest"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 4
(*temporary) = "attempt to index a nil value"

upvalues of '...ld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:360':
GetPromName = (function: 0x0b11dc90)
SkillToLearn = 13
NamesCache = (table: 0x0b11dc68)
Last edited by fireprince96 on Mar 7 2019, 23:50, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 05 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Piottor » Mar 8 2019, 2:03

Heya I thought Ill report todays findings in to provide feedback on this great mod :)

After todays "sweep" through Castle Kriegspiere there are few things worth mentioning, again not sure if they were reported before as bugs or if they even are considered a bug and not a feature :) Sweep was done at level 41 and 42 with combination of Hero (dual sword focus), Master Archer (spear dagger dual focus), High Priest (clerical and light magic focus), Master Wizard (fire, water, air and dark magic focus) and Champion (spear sword dual focus).

1.) Suggestion: Minotaurs were quite easy prey, but I believe that Minotaur Kings should recieve some buffing as their signature ability from MM6, Finger of Death, is no longer available. Minotaur Mages were way more challenging then Minotaur Kings in my opinion.

2.) Definetly a bug: A lot of items could be looted "from unknown location" by pressing space bar randomly on walls or corpses. Some walls didnt really act as walls in terms of looting either.

3.) Probably a bug: Only two out of four inner circles spawned monsters, if I remember my playthroughs of MM6 correctly, all four inner circle spawned a wave of enemies when first entered.

4.) Probably a bug: Every single chest inside of Castle Kriegspiere contained atleast one or more of special items, relic or artifact. There was Staff of Elements, Ethrics Staff, Elfbane (I doubt this should be in random loot at all as its Acromage MM7 reward), Harecks Leather, Staff of the Swamp, Berserkers Belt and more...around 10 "special" items were found in chests inside of this dungeon. Even if this easily could be featured as some sort of "reward" for one of endgame dungeons, I highly doubt so many special items should be included in one dungeon, on top of that as easy as Kriegspiere.

5.) Unfinished Feature / Bug: From one of the drakes I got random loot of MM6 Steel Plate Armor that didnt fit the doll, I guess it is in between of bug and unfinished feature atm, but hey money is money, trainers are greedy and armores will buy even stuff that doesnt fit the dolls :D

Outside of Kriegspiere, since the Update 3.3.2019 I had encountered a few crashes when talking to random expert/master/gm teachers on switching characters...usually after the skill was taught to one character and I switched to other it crashed...like when I wanted to train both Master Wizard and High Priest as experts in Light Magic I had to teach one, leave house, save, select other character, enter house and teach other...rinse and repeat for every other skills like bodybuilding etc. Forgot to copy and paste the console stuff to provide :(
Sometimes crashes happened when talking to random npcs on streets aswell...

Edit: Most of theese crashes happened in Free Haven and Silver Cove.

Keep up the good work :)
Last edited by Piottor on Mar 8 2019, 2:08, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 14
Joined: 06 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Mozaki » Mar 8 2019, 5:49

Heyy!!

Is it normal if I finished the quest of Anthony Stones, "retrive the calice, bring it to the temple in free haven and then return back to him", he promoted all my cleric to priest but the dialog about high priest didn't showed up. And I still have the quest in my quest log but when I click on the "Priest" dialog, he's saying that I've done it.

Either, It's true that I'm only lvl 35 but I have like around 30 in every resistance, around 70 in the seven statistics etc... My character are supposed to be strong but every monsters is dealing me a lot of damage (A Dwarft Lord in snergle cavern deals around 110 per hit, even if I'm master in the armor I'm wearing)

And to conclude, Where can I find the "Dimension Door" book spells that the Lady said? I find one in the inventory of a great druid in a training room but there might be some somewhere else no? Still looking for the portail in Dragonsand too, can I get a clue to that "dimension portal"? Only a clue not saying where it is exactly, I wanna search a little :p

thank you for your awnser and keep on the great work! It's wonderful :-D
Last edited by Mozaki on Mar 8 2019, 5:55, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 272
Joined: 18 Nov 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.03.2019]

Postby Rodril » Mar 8 2019, 7:58

Hello.
I'm having hard work week, maybe this week' update will be delayed.
Here is quickfixes for mentioned crashes during training skills, and for bug with excess loot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/11lov1e0i200h ... s.lua?dl=0 - put into "Scripts\General" folder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fhff38sv1gxl ... s.lua?dl=0 - put into "Scripts\Structs\After" folder
or just reapply latest update.

Mozaki wrote:Is it normal if I finished the quest of Anthony Stones, "retrive the calice, bring it to the temple in free haven and then return back to him", he promoted all my cleric to priest but the dialog about high priest didn't showed up. And I still have the quest in my quest log but when I click on the "Priest" dialog, he's saying that I've done it.

No, it is not. If possible, send me your savegame file.
Mozaki wrote:1: Are you planning to do a french version of the game?

I need french localization files to do it:
icons.lod from mm6, events.lod from mm7, EnglishT from mm8 - for text localization, sound lods and EnglishD.lod for auido localization.
Last edited by Rodril on Mar 8 2019, 8:25, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Animeman73 and 11 guests