Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 2.02.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 03 Feb 2019, 16:27

Hello, patch link have been updated. Only bugfixes.
Dagger bug fixed, potion descriptions and behaivor fixed, Albert Newton's texts fixed, autonotes stays as they are for now. Few other minors too.

@Templayer, i'll look through suggestions a bit later.
@lightbringer23, all artifacts moved to 6th tier, but you can get each of them only once, "respawn" time is one year, then you can get those you sold/dropped etc.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 2.02.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Feb 2019, 17:52

Rodril wrote:Hello, patch link have been updated. Only bugfixes.
Dagger bug fixed, potion descriptions and behaivor fixed, Albert Newton's texts fixed, autonotes stays as they are for now. Few other minors too.

@Templayer, i'll look through suggestions a bit later.
@lightbringer23, all artifacts moved to 6th tier, but you can get each of them only once, "respawn" time is one year, then you can get those you sold/dropped etc.
YAAY!

Each time Rodril-senpai notices me my heart skips yonders! ^_^ :hug:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 3.02.2019]

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Feb 2019, 18:54

Soooo, I've noticed that while dagger grandmaster has been fixed, there appears to be something wrong about the samage calculation more in relation to the dagger. Foulfang after the balance changes should have a damage of 2d3 + 12, and it does display exactly that. But the vampire's damage is only 66-70, as compared to 13-15 unarmed. Subtracting the 40 damage boost from GM Dagger, we'd ordinarily have 26-30. But Foulfang's bonus should be 14-18 (2+12 - 6+12), while in realty it iself is 13-15. Seems like the actual formula for Foulfang's damage that the game is seeing is 2d2+11. And that is exactly reflected in the Attack Bonus - unarmed it's 15, but with Foulfang it's 66, so 15+40+11. Plz fix in the next wave of patches. Other weapons might require taking a look at in regards to their displayed and actual power for safety's sake too :

Also, not all of the new black potions eradicate the character upon mixing them with something else. I tried mixing Divine Boost with some random white potion and my character just died rather than getting the skeleton treatment. That would also be something nice to sort out sometime.
Last edited by Xfing on 03 Feb 2019, 18:58, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Feb 2019, 19:36

@Rodril
There is something wrong happening. I have a base merge (non-patched, a few weeks old version) that works. Fully. Tested.
Previously, the patch was screwing it.
So today I said to myself - since the thing I want to do (printscreen the repainted capes) has already been added to the base merge files, I will just download the whole base merge and simply overwrite mine, right?
Well, guess what. After overwriting files, the same error with locatization file pops up.
If I delete that folder and then put the base merge that is several weeks old, it works. Again.
If I use the newest version by overwriting the files, it stops working.

It's driving me bananas.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Feb 2019, 18:59

Xfing wrote:Soooo, I've noticed that while dagger grandmaster has been fixed, there appears to be something wrong about the samage calculation more in relation to the dagger. Foulfang after the balance changes should have a damage of 2d3 + 12, and it does display exactly that. But the vampire's damage is only 66-70, as compared to 13-15 unarmed. Subtracting the 40 damage boost from GM Dagger, we'd ordinarily have 26-30. But Foulfang's bonus should be 14-18 (2+12 - 6+12), while in realty it iself is 13-15. Seems like the actual formula for Foulfang's damage that the game is seeing is 2d2+11. And that is exactly reflected in the Attack Bonus - unarmed it's 15, but with Foulfang it's 66, so 15+40+11. Plz fix in the next wave of patches. Other weapons might require taking a look at in regards to their displayed and actual power for safety's sake too :

Also, not all of the new black potions eradicate the character upon mixing them with something else. I tried mixing Divine Boost with some random white potion and my character just died rather than getting the skeleton treatment. That would also be something nice to sort out sometime.
Added to the bug tracker.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 07 Feb 2019, 12:20

The amulet Morgan seems to give too many bonuses: The description says +20 spell points and of fire, air, water, and earth, but it actually gives +25 spell points instead of 20 and also +3 armor class

As far as I can tell, almost all the temples are offering meditation instead of merchant. The only exceptions seem to be Dagger Wound and New Sorpigal (maybe Emerald Isle too); they correctly give merchant at the beginning of the game. However, when I return to Dagger Wound later, it seems merchant has changed into meditation! I have no idea what's triggering this. Could it be made so that Merchant is a permanent part of all the temples' skill selection and Meditation is left to the magic guilds?
Last edited by Phobos on 07 Feb 2019, 14:04, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Feb 2019, 16:10

Phobos wrote:The amulet Morgan seems to give too many bonuses: The description says +20 spell points and of fire, air, water, and earth, but it actually gives +25 spell points instead of 20 and also +3 armor class

As far as I can tell, almost all the temples are offering meditation instead of merchant. The only exceptions seem to be Dagger Wound and New Sorpigal (maybe Emerald Isle too); they correctly give merchant at the beginning of the game. However, when I return to Dagger Wound later, it seems merchant has changed into meditation! I have no idea what's triggering this. Could it be made so that Merchant is a permanent part of all the temples' skill selection and Meditation is left to the magic guilds?
Added to the bug tracker.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 08 Feb 2019, 23:33

Found a little typo - the item type for potion recipes says "Potion Recpie".

In Polish we call this sort of thing a "Czech error", no idea why :D

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 9.02.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 09 Feb 2019, 09:47

Hello, patch link have been updated.
Some MM6/7 monsters will drop items upon death like mm8 ones; Enrothian Master teachers will offer teaching to grandmastery too; Armsmasters teachers added in Free Heaven; few minors. Thank you.
I left comments in "suggestions" section of tracker.

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mortis » 09 Feb 2019, 15:26

Hi, after last update there is once more problem with incorrect leather armor coordinates on troll models

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Feb 2019, 17:13

Xfing wrote:Found a little typo - the item type for potion recipes says "Potion Recpie".

In Polish we call this sort of thing a "Czech error", no idea why :D
Added to the Typo Tracker.

As a Czech I can say that I do this specific kind of error (switching two letters' position) basically each day. Someone should research this!
Mortis wrote:Hi, after last update there is once more problem with incorrect leather armor coordinates on troll models
Added to the Bug Tracker.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Feb 2019, 17:27

Templayer wrote: As a Czech I can say that I do this specific kind of error (switching two letters' position) basically each day. Someone should research this!
Totally. It's relly weird :D

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 09 Feb 2019, 17:40

Mortis wrote:Hi, after last update there is once more problem with incorrect leather armor coordinates on troll models
Could you send screenshot, please?

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mortis » 09 Feb 2019, 19:41

I will try to send it to you tomorrow, but you can easily check it yourself.
Just start new game with troll with leather skill. If you equip him only with leather without any weapon everything it is ok, but giving weapon causes problem. No matter if it is sword or mace or if you put armor first and then weapon. I checked that this problem occurs only with trolls, dwarfs work properly.
Last edited by Mortis on 09 Feb 2019, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Feb 2019, 21:16

Mortis wrote:I will try to send it to you tomorrow, but you can easily check it yourself.
Just start new game with troll with leather skill. If you equip him only with leather without any weapon everything it is ok, but giving weapon causes problem. No matter if it is sword or mace or if you put armor first and then weapon. I checked that this problem occurs only with trolls, dwarfs work properly.
Bug Tracker entry modified with additional information provided in this post.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 10 Feb 2019, 07:27

Mortis wrote:I will try to send it to you tomorrow, but you can easily check it yourself.
Updating icons.lod from main files should fix this issue ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lseq5umlq8oe ... s.lod?dl=0 - put it in "Data" folder, replacing existing), though i can not reproduce it for now.

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mortis » 10 Feb 2019, 08:40

Rodril wrote:
Updating icons.lod from main files should fix this issue ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lseq5umlq8oe ... s.lod?dl=0 - put it in "Data" folder, replacing existing), though i can not reproduce it for now.
New "icon" file helped, now it's working as it should, thank you Rodril :applause:

Templayer, you can delete this issue from bug tracker.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Daedros » 10 Feb 2019, 09:45

Rodril wrote:6. Skill bonus limit removed. Skill cap stays at 60, but items can raise skill level further.
And Pandora's Box was unleashed, lmao. No need to stop before pumping up to 60 in a skill now. Monks with 82% Dodge Chance from 60 Unarmed Skill+22 Item Bonus (12 Unarmed Ring+Hands of the Master) is hilarious. Light Magic at 90 (60+30) produces some crazy powerful buffs. Can get Lloyd's Beacon to last up to 630 Days now.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Feb 2019, 10:59

Mortis wrote:
Rodril wrote:
New "icon" file helped, now it's working as it should, thank you Rodril :applause:

Issue removed.
Daedros wrote:
Rodril wrote:6. Skill bonus limit removed. Skill cap stays at 60, but items can raise skill level further.
And Pandora's Box was unleashed, lmao. No need to stop before pumping up to 60 in a skill now. Monks with 82% Dodge Chance from 60 Unarmed Skill+22 Item Bonus (12 Unarmed Ring+Hands of the Master) is hilarious. Light Magic at 90 (60+30) produces some crazy powerful buffs. Can get Lloyd's Beacon to last up to 630 Days now.
YAAY! Sounds awesome! :D
Seriously though - at the point of being maxed out on skills, you should be godlike. 82% chance for dodge sounds like a proper percentage for a maxed out Monk. More than 90% however I would consider a bug. Overpowered? Sure. But at that point you are supposed to be.

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mortis » 10 Feb 2019, 11:13

Templayer wrote:
Mortis wrote:
Rodril wrote: Updating icons.lod from main files should fix this issue ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lseq5umlq8oe ... s.lod?dl=0 - put it in "Data" folder, replacing existing), though i can not reproduce it for now.

Issue removed.
Daedros wrote:
YAAY! Sounds awesome! :D
Seriously though - at the point of being maxed out on skills, you should be godlike. 82% chance for dodge sounds like a proper percentage for a maxed out Monk. More than 90% however I would consider a bug. Overpowered? Sure. But at that point you are supposed to be.
This is hilarious the same way like monster with thousands of hp and huge damage from monster bolster, but without any additional experience bonus for killing it like it functions now. I agree with Templayer, getting max base skill level needs from you to be very advance in gaming- many hours of playing and monsters slayed.
Besides, dodge skill gives a chance to avoid only missiles, not melee attacks.

Return to “Might and Magic”