Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Jan 2019, 17:36

How long ago you have finished last storyline? She should connect you again after few weeks of game time and give new instructions.

jester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jester » 26 Jan 2019, 17:47

Rodril wrote:How long ago you have finished last storyline? She should connect you again after few weeks of game time and give new instructions.
Thank you, very mutch, now it's OK! :tsup:

Ezekiel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ezekiel » 26 Jan 2019, 18:22

Can someone please help? I get this message when starting the game and I can't start a new playthrough.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Jan 2019, 18:30

Make sure you have "House exits.txt" file in "...Data\Tables" folder, if you don't - redownload game files.

Ezekiel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ezekiel » 26 Jan 2019, 18:38

Rodril wrote:Make sure you have "House exits.txt" file in "...Data\Tables" folder, if you don't - redownload game files.
I have those files installed.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Jan 2019, 18:53

Check your files for "Read only" flag to be toggled off, make sure game is not installed in Program files folder and game path does not contain non english letters.

Ezekiel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ezekiel » 26 Jan 2019, 19:10

I checked a lot of files and all of them had the option "read only" toggled off, but I when I check the mm8 folder, the option is toggled on and I can't seem to change it. The same goes for all of the other folders in the mm8 folder. The option to "apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" doesn't seem to work.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Jan 2019, 19:26

Try to put this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8pxi87k5asii ... s.lua?dl=0 into "...Scripts\Sturcts\After" folder. Tell me if debug console will pop up again. I can not reproduce issue myself.

Ezekiel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ezekiel » 26 Jan 2019, 19:30

The exact same thing happens again.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Jan 2019, 19:35

Issue should have happen during installation, maybe reinstall in other root folder would help, i'll try to reproduce it myself and will write later.

Ezekiel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ezekiel » 26 Jan 2019, 19:37

Okay, imma try to reinstall everything, thanks for the quick responses.

Ezekiel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ezekiel » 26 Jan 2019, 20:02

Good news: Reinstalling worked! I also noticed that windows might've disabled/blocked some of the files that were downloaded because they were from another computer. Unblocking those files (the zip file(s)) might've helped.
Last edited by Ezekiel on 26 Jan 2019, 20:59, edited 3 times in total.

Ezekiel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ezekiel » 26 Jan 2019, 21:33

A few questions about the class and race system(s) and if they are working as intended for me:
-Every class is available when starting the game on Jadame. On the other two continents, a lot of classes and races are not available.
-When creating a party on Enroth, the sorcerer can't get to expert merchant level and can't gm ID item.
-On Enroth, elves and minotaurs are incredibly limited when it comes to classes. Elves can be neither knights nor paladins, minotaurs can't be paladins, sorcerers or archers.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 26 Jan 2019, 22:49

Dunno about that Dark Archmage thing, since there's still the Lich, and redundant but similarly named classes is what this merge was supposed to remove in the first place, not add new ones :( How about just making them regular Necromancers instead? If all the spells are erased, being demoted to master of Dark Magic (if that can even happen) wouldn't be such a price to pay, and would keep things lore friendly.

But in this case, if we're going to make a new class, I'd suggest calling it Master Sorcerer and letting them learn both Light and Dark, just like they used to in MM6. If you're afraid they're be too OP this way, cut both light and dark to Master level, while keeping the elemental classes at Grand. That way we could have the best of both worlds - gameplay and lore.

You could do the same with the remaining classes too. Bring back the "High Priest" class with similar limitations. I wouldn't really bother having a swap of Villains to Heroes and Snipers to Master Archers, since all they get is normal level, so no one would probably even bother. As for druids, they historically never got light or dark ,so no idea why you mentioned them in the first place :D

What do you think about such an idea?
Last edited by Xfing on 26 Jan 2019, 23:38, edited 2 times in total.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 27 Jan 2019, 00:16

I just ran through the Dark Dwarf Compound with the quest to get the Rod. The Rod didn't appear in any of the chests. I ran through three separate times, to see if it would appear, but it didn't. I did not have the quest for Balthazar's Axe, if that matters. The Axe appeared. I was able to console the Rod in.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 27 Jan 2019, 08:05

lightbringer23 wrote:I just ran through the Dark Dwarf Compound with the quest to get the Rod. The Rod didn't appear in any of the chests. I ran through three separate times, to see if it would appear, but it didn't. I did not have the quest for Balthazar's Axe, if that matters. The Axe appeared. I was able to console the Rod in.
Sometimes you have to open chest twice and throw some loot out, to see hidden items, probably rod was hidden.
Ezekiel wrote:A few questions about the class and race system(s) and if they are working as intended for me:
-Every class is available when starting the game on Jadame. On the other two continents, a lot of classes and races are not available.
-When creating a party on Enroth, the sorcerer can't get to expert merchant level and can't gm ID item.
-On Enroth, elves and minotaurs are incredibly limited when it comes to classes. Elves can be neither knights nor paladins, minotaurs can't be paladins, sorcerers or archers.
Minotaurs can not be sorcerers due to no according portrait of lich stance. You always can start as peasant and choose more classes by talking with skill teachers.
Xfing wrote:What do you think about such an idea?
I can not imagine how High Priest will fit into mm7/8 class system. Will it be exclusive class for Enroth? There was empty slot for Dark Archmage, in fact it is not new class, - just mirror of Archmage with dark magic instead of light, i could not swap lich and archmage because portrait and skills difference.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 27 Jan 2019, 13:41

Rodril wrote: I can not imagine how High Priest will fit into mm7/8 class system. Will it be exclusive class for Enroth? There was empty slot for Dark Archmage, in fact it is not new class, - just mirror of Archmage with dark magic instead of light, i could not swap lich and archmage because portrait and skills difference.
Yeah, it would only be accessible via a promotion on Enroth that dude that promotes priests normally. A priest that refuses to adhere to a specific path, so draws from both of them (but limited to Master) would be a cool idea IMO. You could make it so High Priests can still be promoted to any one path on Antagarich, but lose the opposing magic skill by doing that. If there is only one slot for adding a class, then this one would be perfect, since like I suggested, moving to the Dark Path could make someone just a Necromancer, after which they could freely be promoted to Liches for example.
Last edited by Xfing on 27 Jan 2019, 13:45, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Jan 2019, 18:15

jester wrote:Image

I'm sorry, but I stuck with last quest. I have only this message from Verdant, and no any new quest. Don't know what to do. ((

UPD

Oh, and I've found one more bug: can't place a statuette at Kriegspire's pedestal
Added to the Bug Tracker.

EDIT: Removed from the bug tracker (the picture with the first "bug") - I didn't know there was a whole another new page here. -_-
Last edited by Templayer on 27 Jan 2019, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Jan 2019, 18:34

@Rodril
BUG - it doesn't quite look like an installation error.

What I have now are three folders.
1. Vanilla game with GrayFace's patch. Working
2. One with MMExtension, MMEditor and Base Merge without the things from the patch link. Working.
3. If I copy the update files into the base Merge folder, the Merge will stop working

To reiterate - Vanilla + GrayFace's Patch + MMExtension + MMEditor + base Merge = working. Nice main menu with Verdant at her desk, everything. WORKS.
If I add the patch to the base merge folder rewritting existing, I get this when trying to run the Merge:

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...f Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\LocalizationAndQuests.lua:564: use of unknown global variable "TakeItemFromParty" after _KNOWNGLOBALS_F declaration

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSNoGlobals.lua:602: in function 'dofile'
	Scripts\Core\main.lua:484: in main chunk

arguments of 'dofile':
	fname = "H:\\Might and Magic MERGE - The World of Enroth\\Scripts\\Structs\\After\\LocalizationAndQuests.lua"

local variables of 'dofile':
	f = nil
	err = "...f Enroth\\Scripts\\Structs\\After\\LocalizationAndQuests.lua:564: use of unknown global variable \"TakeItemFromParty\" after _KNOWNGLOBALS_F declaration"

upvalues of 'dofile':
	loadfile = (function: 0x01725998)
	error = (function: builtin#19)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
The patch is causing the problems.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 27 Jan 2019, 18:43

Have you downloaded latest patch or using old one? I've just tried to apply newest patch to my copy and it did not cause anything.
Also latest patch already applied to main files.
Last edited by Rodril on 27 Jan 2019, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”