Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 02 Dec 2018, 09:15

Yandex translator: Update Russian localization.

https://yadi.sk/d/WvK6i-Mvqzz0EQ

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Dec 2018, 14:09

Playing now I've just noticed that in Erathia there are no longer any hirelings, everyone's just a plain female "Peasant" with no other special properties. Same goes for Tatalia too, haven't checked the other lands.

Here's some more things I've noticed:

Hirelings when displayed in the Adventurer's Inn often have different names in their descriptions than they do in reality.

Merlin the MM6 unique staff says in the description that it gives extra 40 spell points, while in reality it gives +5 to Meditation.

Pls swap the stats of the Dwarven Battleaxe (MM8 tier 4) and the Steel Axe (MM7 tier 4)

Dwarves look quite good!

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Dec 2018, 14:59

Xfing wrote:Playing now I've just noticed that in Erathia there are no longer any hirelings, everyone's just a plain female "Peasant" with no other special properties. Same goes for Tatalia too, haven't checked the other lands.

Here's some more things I've noticed:

Hirelings when displayed in the Adventurer's Inn often have different names in their descriptions than they do in reality.

Merlin the MM6 unique staff says in the description that it gives extra 40 spell points, while in reality it gives +5 to Meditation.

Pls swap the stats of the Dwarven Battleaxe (MM8 tier 4) and the Steel Axe (MM7 tier 4)

Dwarves look quite good!
I wonder if it has anything to do with the dwarves being hireable now. Added to the bug tracker. Also - what about a reply to what I have written about the rain?
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Dec 2018, 21:23

Templayer wrote: I wonder if it has anything to do with the dwarves being hireable now. Added to the bug tracker. Also - what about a reply to what I have written about the rain?
Dunno man, I don't recall rain in vanilla MM6 either, so I think it must be new to this merge. I'll try to take a screenshot next time I play for an extended time.

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 03 Dec 2018, 09:41

Templayer wrote: I have played through MM8 SO MANY TIMES. I have never, ever, even ONCE seen rain. WTF! Can somebody give me a picture? How does it look like?!?
https://b.radikal.ru/b16/1812/a4/3a9e255d3e47.jpg

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Dec 2018, 11:05

alexseevdenis wrote:
Templayer wrote: I have played through MM8 SO MANY TIMES. I have never, ever, even ONCE seen rain. WTF! Can somebody give me a picture? How does it look like?!?
https://b.radikal.ru/b16/1812/a4/3a9e255d3e47.jpg
"The server at b.radikal.ru is taking too long to respond." error

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Dec 2018, 11:36

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 03 Dec 2018, 16:23

Cool! It would also be great to add a starry sky at night.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Dec 2018, 18:27

kristal wrote:Cool! It would also be great to add a starry sky at night.
Until you have written that, I have never thought about that. We already have some advanced visual stuffs like foggy days with grey skies, we might as well have a starry sky at night sometimes!
Xfing wrote:Image
That rain is kinda nice, but makes no sense - the sky is almost cloudless! I'm actually going to add this to the bug tracker! :D :D
Last edited by Templayer on 03 Dec 2018, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 04 Dec 2018, 18:34

Hello, patch link have been updated. Few minor, but important bugs:
erathian priest and thief promotions topics have been fixed; random hirelings will have normal condition, when you hire them first time; game title was set to all spots where it supposed to appear; artifact effects handler have been optimized.
Probably any updates won't happen for few next weeks, i will travel due to work purposes and won't have internet connection.
I've tried it, but stars do not glow at night. Sky is just texture and when everything around becomes dark, sky texture do the same, stars will look like grey pixels.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Dec 2018, 19:35

Rodril wrote:Hello, patch link have been updated. Few minor, but important bugs:
erathian priest and thief promotions topics have been fixed; random hirelings will have normal condition, when you hire them first time; game title was set to all spots where it supposed to appear; artifact effects handler have been optimized.
Probably any updates won't happen for few next weeks, i will travel due to work purposes and won't have internet connection.
I've tried it, but stars do not glow at night. Sky is just texture and when everything around becomes dark, sky texture do the same, stars will look like grey pixels.
Hmmm. What about some effects? A bunch of "star torches" beyond the movement boundaries of the party?

We should ask GrayFace about this. Being able to set a texture not to be affected by the darkness.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Dec 2018, 23:26

Just let it go man, at least for now :D

BTW Unannounced change: Wetsuits have been repainted and are wearable again! How cool is that?! They now have +4 armor and require Leather skill to wear/probably benefit from it/give recovery penalty if below Expert too. They work on Minotaurs too! The Troll sprite has a lot of sloppy blur on it though, so that one is probably a placeholder before a finer rendition is made.

Would be fun to have those sweet-ass character portraits they used to give, but I guess those are reserved for Shoals diving. I might go ahead and check that actually.
Last edited by Xfing on 04 Dec 2018, 23:44, edited 3 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 05 Dec 2018, 02:19

@Templayer - You can toggle the weather on/off in the mod. If it's a sunny day, just turn the weather off if it's raining =)

Wearing the wetsuits aren't required to dive into the Shoals, are they? I can see that being a problem if leather skill is required.

Also, what is Vori, exactly? I've seen that mentioned in BDJ's mod but I don't know any lore about that. Is it something from the "Heroes" games only? I don't recall it being mentioned at all in MMI-MMX.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 05 Dec 2018, 07:14

Anubis wrote: Wearing the wetsuits aren't required to dive into the Shoals, are they? I can see that being a problem if leather skill is required.
They should be. Also, leather being a problem? Any class can learn it at least up to Expert, it's hardly a problem at all. Unless you are bothered so much by not being able to take dragons with you there, lol
Also, what is Vori, exactly? I've seen that mentioned in BDJ's mod but I don't know any lore about that. Is it something from the "Heroes" games only? I don't recall it being mentioned at all in MMI-MMX.
It's an icy subcontinent to the northeast of Antagarich. Ad far as MM goes, "Vori Frost Giants" were mentioned multiple times in MM8.

Sslaxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sslaxx » 05 Dec 2018, 08:18

Also, if you're a liche or zombie, a wetsuit shouldn't exactly be required should it, being undead and all...

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Dec 2018, 09:06

Anubis wrote:@Templayer - You can toggle the weather on/off in the mod. If it's a sunny day, just turn the weather off if it's raining =)

Wearing the wetsuits aren't required to dive into the Shoals, are they? I can see that being a problem if leather skill is required.

That is not a solution.

Also Vori was mentioned multiple times in MM and Heroeses. My Heroes lore is hazy, but Gelu was an Vori elf or something like that. For the MM lore - check the Cheese quest in MM8.
I even remember reading (like ten years ago...) that there was a portal in MM7 or MM8 (can't remember which one) which should've taken you there, but was removed as Vori was cut during development.
Sslaxx wrote:Also, if you're a liche or zombie, a wetsuit shouldn't exactly be required should it, being undead and all...
SECONDED. Makes sense. :D
Last edited by Templayer on 05 Dec 2018, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 05 Dec 2018, 09:25

The wetsuits are also supposed to protect from the deep oceanic pressure, and I don't think liches are immune to being crushed by the weight of the waters.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Dec 2018, 14:36

Xfing wrote:The wetsuits are also supposed to protect from the deep oceanic pressure, and I don't think liches are immune to being crushed by the weight of the waters.
Crap. You're right.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Dec 2018, 22:00

Templayer wrote:We should ask GrayFace about this. Being able to set a texture not to be affected by the darkness.
I think it can be done by not applying lightmaps. Is sky texture drawn at night by default? Is the texture itself pitch black or is it the day texture with no light?
Last edited by GrayFace on 05 Dec 2018, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 05 Dec 2018, 22:08

Xfing wrote:
Anubis wrote: Wearing the wetsuits aren't required to dive into the Shoals, are they? I can see that being a problem if leather skill is required.
They should be. Also, leather being a problem? Any class can learn it at least up to Expert, it's hardly a problem at all. Unless you are bothered so much by not being able to take dragons with you there, lol
The problem arises if your main character is a Dragon...

Return to “Might and Magic”