Oh btw and sorry for asking, but last I checked the tracker, I didn't see my suggestion about adding all the colored inventory screens. Not saying it isn't there, just couldn't see it. Could you confirm if you've added it? Thanks.
EDIT: One little thing I've noticed when starting a new game: the Pirate Cutlass (2d4+6, 490 gold) appears on the Emerald Isle, for me it appeared both in a treasure crate and at the blacksmith's. Isn't it rather suspicious that a weapon of this quality would appear in those s h i t-tier locations? I think this cutlass may have a too low treasure level assigned by mistake.
EDIT 2: More stuff I've noticed when playing the game - mostly regarding item tiering and character balance, but also some odd observations here and there (edit3: actually it went and turned into a full-fledged suggestion tirade, lol):
- MM8's Club (cheapest one) is now called "Barbed club" as per my suggestion, but the second word does not start with a capital
- Jadamean Green Apples make the eating sound when consumed, but Erathian red ones just play the usual ding tune.
- Ullyses the bow is still 5d2+13 instead of 6d2+14.
- MM8's Trollish Claymore's value is 300 against the suggested 200, making it conflict with the MM7 Steel Broadsword.
- I think the Dwarven Battleaxe (tier 4 MM8 1-hand axe) and the Steel Axe (its MM7 equivalent) should be switched in terms of their values. I just read the flavor text and it says the Jadamean Dark Dwarves are not as skilled as their Erathian counterparts, meaning the Steel Axe should plain and simple be superior.
- Do weapons with the Elf Slaying property work on Dark Elves too? I think they should (Elfbane, Old Nick and the generic enchantment perhaps, if it even spawns)
- Is it possible to bring back all generic enchantments from MM6 and MM7 to appear in MM8 too? I'm not sure which ones are there already and which ones aren't, but most notably, there was "of Power" in MM6 that gave you an actual boost to levels while equipped, translating to more hp and mana. Not sure if all the "of <insert monster> slaying" varieties are present too - MM7 and MM8 had different and exclusive ones.
- Minotaurs should have at least Druids and definitely Sorcerers selectable as classes when creating characters. Minotaur sorcerers are prevalent in lore of both MM and HoMM. I do realize the biggest obstacle for minotaurs being sorcerers is the lack of a Mino-Lich portrait (and that's probably something we won't soon overcome, if at all), but letting them choose Druid would be a good second choice (Darkstorn the Warlock, anyone?). In fact, we could just handwave it just like MM7 itself did with dwarf liches and zombies becoming tall again and just have minos became regular humanoid male liches. Bit of a waste but oh well, there are always the Enroth promotions
- Is there a Supreme Plate minotaur sprite for when you choose a Minotaur Knight?
- Why don't we ever seem to see MM6-based characters as hirelings in training centers? (Ohhhhh right, they don't have house portraits. Well darn.)
- Seeing as how MM7 characters generally have more HP than MM8 characters, I think Clerics should be nerfed to have less hp in their final promotions in this merge. Clerics used to be next to the bottom of the pool after just Sorcerers when it comes to hp, and now they equal or even surpass Dark Elves/Vampires with only a bit of Body Building. This shouldn't be so and priests of the light and dark should have no more HP than Priests of the Sun had in MM8.
- Many boss monsters don't seem to get boosted alongside their weaker friends. Like the High Priest of Baa for example - dude stays at 180 hp no matter what.
- The grammar for the Peasant promotions at skill teachers could be fixed. Instead of "Become Class." I suggest just "Class", with no period at the end. Add "the" before the class name in the promotion dialogue, "path of the
Monk" for example.
- Thanks for implementing the MM6 gemstones! You never announce small but useful things like these, Rodril, and that's a shame
- What do you think about implementing some of MM8 monsters that never appeared outside of their single variety? For example there are only Blue tier Dark Elven Warriors and Minotaur Warriors in MM8, while their weaker and stronger equivalents can only appear in the Arena. Maybe it'd be nice to be able to encounter them somewhere else in all their varieties. Oh, there are also Manticores in MM7 that never got implemented, would be nice to have those too. If they appear in the Breach after the questline, that's a start at least.
- Make the 1st char in party dismissable too, as long as it's not the last character you have. That way you could rotate entire parties throughout your adventure if you so desire.
- Hume's Master promotion quest is still busted as of now.
That's it for now, thanks for everything so far!