Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kliff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Kliff » 29 Oct 2018, 12:26

Small issue we've found with the Character Starts table - it's not indexed. While I can maybe figure out which number applies to which class, the same can't easily be said of the races or portraits.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Oct 2018, 18:19

Kliff wrote:Small issue we've found with the Character Starts table - it's not indexed. While I can maybe figure out which number applies to which class, the same can't easily be said of the races or portraits.
Also it doesn't seem to be made for "technical" races, such as the Lich race (not class), and the Zombie race. Should be there for people to unlock these to their hearts content. :P
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Kinthalas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kinthalas » 29 Oct 2018, 20:05

So after a quick review of the posts in my absence I noticed that Rodril said he fixed the Monk final promotion quest. I went back to the Temple of Baa and returned to Hume but I am still not receiving credit for the quest. I even advanced the time to where the High priest re-spawned, killed him again, then returned with still no success. Should it have fixed the issue retroactively or am I pretty much in need of a fresh game at this point?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Oct 2018, 20:25

Kinthalas wrote:So after a quick review of the posts in my absence I noticed that Rodril said he fixed the Monk final promotion quest. I went back to the Temple of Baa and returned to Hume but I am still not receiving credit for the quest. I even advanced the time to where the High priest re-spawned, killed him again, then returned with still no success. Should it have fixed the issue retroactively or am I pretty much in need of a fresh game at this point?
You do not need to start from scratch with things like these. Rodril or GrayFace will provide console code blocks (not just some command cheats, no ... actual blocks of code!) that will fix it. I've seen him provide it for numerous quest bugs. It has Qbits and such inside. And that is as far as I remember. He could even provide you with a code that would trigger that dialogue immediately, but I presume he will choose "just" some dialogue option unlock or something. (because that is simpler, I think..)

Kinthalas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kinthalas » 29 Oct 2018, 20:36

Thanks for the quick response, and I apologize if I'm coming off rather impatient, I just really want to get back to playing and this monk thing is really aggravating me. Just wondering what I need to do to get it working again. Admittedly, I did use an editor to save some time, I just hope that didn't completely screw up my game.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 29 Oct 2018, 21:25

Kinthalas wrote:Thanks for the quick response, and I apologize if I'm coming off rather impatient, I just really want to get back to playing and this monk thing is really aggravating me. Just wondering what I need to do to get it working again. Admittedly, I did use an editor to save some time, I just hope that didn't completely screw up my game.
Be careful of what editors you use. MM8che.exe can mess up your character class if you use it to edit your char with this merge. Only certain classes are safe to edit with it, and even then, their inventory has to be completely free of M&M 6/7 items.

Yaknchuk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yaknchuk » 29 Oct 2018, 23:12

Kliff wrote:Small issue we've found with the Character Starts table - it's not indexed. While I can maybe figure out which number applies to which class, the same can't easily be said of the races or portraits.
I believe this is what you are looking for? It opens all portraits including lich and the dragons. but the dragons are only in Jadame.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l250voboohhbc ... s.zip?dl=0
I have never used Dropbox before and just made a account to share this with the community.
So my apologies if I messed up and the link doesn't work. :D

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 30 Oct 2018, 03:30

@Rodril
Still not seeing any chests within the Breach after training for 2 years in game. Will the chests only appear for a new playthrough?
Btw, does the Basement of the Breach have a higher chance to spawn tougher creatures the deeper you go in it? Or is it just random what it spawns?
Last edited by Daedros on 30 Oct 2018, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.

spawnsen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spawnsen » 30 Oct 2018, 11:02

First of all: Great Work!

The interaction between GM staff and GM unarmed still does not seem to work properly. While adding skill points to GM unarmed now increases attack and dmg accordingly even while wearing a staff, the same doesn't apply to gear with +unarmed. If I equip my monk with the "Hands of the Maker" artifact or any other equiptment with "of the fist", the attack rating increases but the damage rating stays the same. If I unequip the staff, the +dmg rating is added accordingly.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Oct 2018, 18:12

Yaknchuk wrote:
I believe this is what you are looking for? It opens all portraits including lich and the dragons. but the dragons are only in Jadame.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l250voboohhbc ... s.zip?dl=0
I have never used Dropbox before and just made a account to share this with the community.
So my apologies if I messed up and the link doesn't work. :D
Here's a full character race and class unlock, except for Liches (I think, I have no way of testing it at the moment) and racial + promoted classes. Choose Slow download.

https://www.ulozto.net/!QwGJCxCS9r5w/mm ... thalas-rar
Daedros wrote:@Rodril
Still not seeing any chests within the Breach after training for 2 years in game. Will the chests only appear for a new playthrough?
Btw, does the Basement of the Breach have a higher chance to spawn tougher creatures the deeper you go in it? Or is it just random what it spawns?
Well, if the Breach is set to be a player storage location, then it doesn't respawn and you will have to wait until Rodril or GrayFace give you the code to put into the console to respawn it manually. Or something among those lines.
spawnsen wrote:First of all: Great Work!

The interaction between GM staff and GM unarmed still does not seem to work properly. While adding skill points to GM unarmed now increases attack and dmg accordingly even while wearing a staff, the same doesn't apply to gear with +unarmed. If I equip my monk with the "Hands of the Maker" artifact or any other equiptment with "of the fist", the attack rating increases but the damage rating stays the same. If I unequip the staff, the +dmg rating is added accordingly.
Added to the bug tracker.
Last edited by Templayer on 30 Oct 2018, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 30 Oct 2018, 21:02

Templayer wrote:
Daedros wrote:@Rodril
Well, if the Breach is set to be a player storage location, then it doesn't respawn and you will have to wait until Rodril or GrayFace give you the code to put into the console to respawn it manually. Or something among those lines.
Yeah, that's what i was thinking.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 31 Oct 2018, 14:03

Sooo, do you think that guy from Youtube could be contacted for some repaints? His were really quite spectacular.

spawnsen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spawnsen » 01 Nov 2018, 17:01

Encountered a few more minor bugs:

- The ArcoMage Chest in MM7 no longer contains the 4 predetermined items but random artifacts. The items from the chest (at least Elven Chain Mail) can now be obtained as loot from Dragons/Titans though. Havent seen any items from the ArcoMage Chest from MM8 as loot yet, so they seem to be unaffected. Obelisk Chest in MM7 is working fine as well.

- Not sure if this is a bug or intentional but you can stack Hirelings from MM6 and MM7. An instructor from MM6 and one from MM7 give +30 to learning (at least its shown as +30) whereas the boni of 2 instructors from the same Might and Magic dont stack.

- If I restart the game, the names and appreances of my Hirelings have changed. Not really a bug issue since they keep their "jobs" (e.g. being a instructor) but its a bit confusing.

- Items in shops are not changing randomly through reloading. They dont even change by saving & reloading before entering the map the shop is located in. (I think this one had already been reported but I couldnt find it in the bug tracker)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Nov 2018, 08:03

spawnsen wrote:Encountered a few more minor bugs:

- The ArcoMage Chest in MM7 no longer contains the 4 predetermined items but random artifacts. The items from the chest (at least Elven Chain Mail) can now be obtained as loot from Dragons/Titans though. Havent seen any items from the ArcoMage Chest from MM8 as loot yet, so they seem to be unaffected. Obelisk Chest in MM7 is working fine as well.

- Not sure if this is a bug or intentional but you can stack Hirelings from MM6 and MM7. An instructor from MM6 and one from MM7 give +30 to learning (at least its shown as +30) whereas the boni of 2 instructors from the same Might and Magic dont stack.

- If I restart the game, the names and appreances of my Hirelings have changed. Not really a bug issue since they keep their "jobs" (e.g. being a instructor) but its a bit confusing.

- Items in shops are not changing randomly through reloading. They dont even change by saving & reloading before entering the map the shop is located in. (I think this one had already been reported but I couldnt find it in the bug tracker)
I will add these except for the last one. I believe this was already reported, but Rodril explained how the random generation works. I think. Nah, I will add it to the tracker just in case it is an actual bug, let's let Rodril determine that.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 02 Nov 2018, 08:40

spawnsen wrote: - Not sure if this is a bug or intentional but you can stack Hirelings from MM6 and MM7. An instructor from MM6 and one from MM7 give +30 to learning (at least its shown as +30) whereas the boni of 2 instructors from the same Might and Magic dont stack.
Actually, i just tested that, and Hirelings from the same continent DO stack. I have 3 Instructors, for +45 Learning skill, lmao. Wish i had known about this earlier.

Speaking of leveling, Jadame lacks a Training Hall that will level you indefinitely. Shadowspire is the highest on Jadame, and stops at Lvl 200. The Training Hall at Paradise Valley (M&M6), and the Training Hall at Thunderfist Mountain (M&M7), have no level limit when training.
Last edited by Daedros on 02 Nov 2018, 08:48, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Nov 2018, 09:38

Daedros wrote:
spawnsen wrote: - Not sure if this is a bug or intentional but you can stack Hirelings from MM6 and MM7. An instructor from MM6 and one from MM7 give +30 to learning (at least its shown as +30) whereas the boni of 2 instructors from the same Might and Magic dont stack.
Actually, i just tested that, and Hirelings from the same continent DO stack. I have 3 Instructors, for +45 Learning skill, lmao. Wish i had known about this earlier.

Speaking of leveling, Jadame lacks a Training Hall that will level you indefinitely. Shadowspire is the highest on Jadame, and stops at Lvl 200. The Training Hall at Paradise Valley (M&M6), and the Training Hall at Thunderfist Mountain (M&M7), have no level limit when training.
I will keep that in the bug tracker, because if they do not stack for one of you and do for another, there might be a bug somewhere.

Infinite training spot for Jadame will be added to the Suggestions tracker.

spawnsen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spawnsen » 02 Nov 2018, 10:42

Templayer wrote:
Daedros wrote:
I will keep that in the bug tracker, because if they do not stack for one of you and do for another, there might be a bug somewhere.
I just checked it and you're correct; Hirelingss from the same continent do stack as well. I just assumed otherwise it since Im sure that you you could not stack them in MM7.

I wish I had known earlier that you can have 3 Hirelings now. Im fairly certain the max number in MM7 was 2 but the more the merrier.

Also, we should have a way of seeing the gold stashed in the bank. In MM7 this was done by mousing over the gold iirc.
Last edited by spawnsen on 02 Nov 2018, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Nov 2018, 11:24

spawnsen wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Daedros wrote: Actually, i just tested that, and Hirelings from the same continent DO stack. I have 3 Instructors, for +45 Learning skill, lmao. Wish i had known about this earlier.
I just checked it and you're correct; Hirelingss from the same continent do stack as well. I just assumed otherwise it since Im sure that you you could not stack them in MM7.

I wish I had known earlier that you can have 3 Hirelings now. Im fairly certain the max number in MM7 was 2 but the more the merrier.

Also, we should have a way of seeing the gold stashed in the bank. In MM7 this was done by mousing over the gold iirc.
In both MM6 and MM7 you could have 2 hirelings, but it was possible to hire quest hirelings (like prince Nicalai and the damsel in distress) over the limit of 2.
I will remove it from the bug tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Nov 2018, 11:35

@Xfing

I'll post it here too, for posterity:

Hve you checked my suggestions for the item naming duplicates and such for your item subtiering? It's on the tracker, in the form of annotations.

AllVladin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AllVladin » 02 Nov 2018, 12:46

Hi there,

First of all, BIG THANKS Rodril and the rest of you guys for all the hard work. This brought back the memories of my childhood.

I have two questions though:

1) I am a bit confused about the class/skill setup right now. All the characters seems to have "red" GM skill options when created (doesnt matter on which region). For instance if i create sorcerer in Altagrich, he will have master air magic yellow and GM air magic red (until promoted to lich/archm). Or knight in Enroth will have white sword skill up to master and GM red until promoted (It should be yellow). For instance the GM in body building for knights is a big issue (because in VII it was up to GM when promoted, in VIII up to M nontheless). The same counts for Meditation of Liches (It could go up to M in VII but up to GM in VIII - in both cases shows as "red" in the begining - confusing). It makes hard character planning - even my unpromoted enroth thief has disarm trap GM red (should be yellow). Is there at least some xls class/skill table for current settings? I remember there were for original games..
edit - even the teachers dont show the dialog "/NAME/ has to be promoted to /NAME OF PROMOTED CLASS/ before being able to learn grandmastery in /SKILL/"

2) Second confusion I have about the Dark/Light magic and the promotion of sorcerers/clerics.
a) If I start sorcerer in Enroth, he should be able to learn both after promotion in Blackshire up to M? Then GM one of them in VII depending on the path? And then if i choose Dark will my cleric GM light magic in VIII? (So both will have M, and each one of them one GM)
b) If I start necro in Jadame he will promote to wizard in VII with M dark magic allready known and then after Light path chosen he will GM Light magic? So he will have both M Dark and GM Light? - sounds like the deadlies combo
c) If I make priest of the dark in VII and GM Dark will he be able to GM Light in Jadame then? Guess no..
d) If I make Altagrich sorcerer, then promote him to wizard in Enroth, then to Necro in jadame, then back to Wizard in Altagrich (should work), and then to Archmage in Enroth will he get 4x stat boost for promotions and ability to M Dark (Necro era) and GM white (ArchM era)?
This stuff is too confusing, i need more data :-D
The question is, what is the most efficient way to promote clerics/sorcerers to get all the skill options awailable ;)

Thank you very much in advance and once more a big thanks!

ALL

Return to “Might and Magic”