Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Phobos
Demon
Demon

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Phobos » 11 Oct 2018, 10:12

Dhosmhea wrote:I swear I have been all over Enroth, and I just -cannot- find who teaches basic Merchant! None of the guilds that I expected worked - the Smugglers', Buccaneers', and Protection Services guilds all don't. Temples don't either, nor any shop, nor the mage guilds; I even checked the town halls!
The skill should be taught at Buccaneer's Lair but it seems to be completely gone from that place; I checked my game too. Try the temples in Sorpigal and Ironfist, that's where my characters learned it (overpriced in New Sorpigal at 1000 gold, 500 in Ironfist).

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Oct 2018, 11:08

Rodril, would it be possible to add topics for learning racial abilities, such as Vampire, Elf and Dragon to various NPCs?
Vampire Ability to Darkspire, Dragon Ability to the Garrote's Gorge and Elven Ability to Alvar and Tularean Forest?
And perhaps rename Dark Elf Ability just to Elf Ability? Maybe?

Because Dark Elf Ability could be made into... wait. WAIT. I just had an epiphany - what about renaming Dark Elf Ability to... wait for it... FEY ABILITY!
:D :D
This way there would be no problem in naming if the elves in Tularean Forest teach it, and it can be used by our current both fey races (Light Elves at Expert, because they should have the Charm and Boon spells too I think... but only with the racial skills mod of course, and Dark Elves at master / GM).

Also it would be good if the Racial Skills (with Axe on Minotaurs being in your mod in "vanilla" mod version) were learned at character creation.
Perhaps GrayFace can "hack" in a special window for them if they are defined for the currently selected race in the character creation, so the player would know he is getting those skills as surplus.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Dhosmhea
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dhosmhea » 11 Oct 2018, 19:45

Phobos wrote:Try the temples in Sorpigal and Ironfist, that's where my characters learned it (overpriced in New Sorpigal at 1000 gold, 500 in Ironfist).
No such luck, I'm afraid; all the temples in Enroth (at least as far as I've tested - New Sorpigal, Castle Ironfist, Mist, Blackshire, Frozen Highlands and Silver Cove) only teach Unarmed, Dodge, and Meditation.
Last edited by Dhosmhea on 11 Oct 2018, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 12 Oct 2018, 10:43

Dhosmhea wrote:Loading up a new game and opting to start in Erathia, on Emerald Island, I ran over to the healer's tent and sure enough, *they* teach Merchant... but it seems it's a lost art in Enroth! Either that or I've just managed to miss it. Help me out here, guys?
I had to fit both Meditation and Merchant to temples, but all slots for learn topics were already full. Now it works this way: if anyone can learn meditation, it shows meditation, otherwise - merchant. I'll fix it in next update. Current workaround is - learn meditation then learn merchant or reapply latest update and open "Learn" topic with character who have to learn it.
kristal wrote:I think that Race Skill.txt variety to the game. But where you can learn the skill of a Vampire, if the vampire - race.
All mentioned skills in "Race skills.txt" players will get at basic level upon character creation (or mercenary generation). Noone teaches dragon/vampire/dark elf abilities at the moment.
Templayer wrote:This way there would be no problem in naming if the elves in Tularean Forest teach it, and it can be used by our current both fey races (Light Elves at Expert, because they should have the Charm and Boon spells too I think... but only with the racial skills mod of course, and Dark Elves at master / GM).
It can be done by editing text tables in "EnglishT.lod" in "Data" folder. I would like to keep it's original form in merge. I can not understand why Dark elfs (meaning race, not class) having it at M/GM and erathian elfs just at E?

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 12 Oct 2018, 12:19

machine translation:
After updates there was a problem with blasters. if you hold down the " a " key, you can shoot a Blaster, a bow or do nothing at all. If you shoot the mouse sighting, always shoots a bow. tried install the mod again, as the localization (ru), not helped.
Last edited by alexseevdenis on 12 Oct 2018, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Oct 2018, 12:22

Rodril wrote: It can be done by editing text tables in "EnglishT.lod" in "Data" folder. I would like to keep it's original form in merge. I can not understand why Dark elfs (meaning race, not class) having it at M/GM and erathian elfs just at E?
Because Expert means Charm and Traveler's Boon, while Master and Grandmaster means Blind and Darkfire.

The Charm and Boon spells fit both Light and Dark elves, whereas Blind and Darkfire do not. And it is simpler than making a new spellschool of Light Elf Abilities. :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Oct 2018, 13:40

Added to the Task Tracker:

Spells from MM6 and MM7 that are not in MM8
Note: Some spells were renamed and slightly modified when compared between MM6/7 and MM8 - those are not included.
Also spells that were moved into another element were not included.

MM6
Fire - Flame Arrow, Fire Ring, Fire Blast
Air - Static Charge
Water - Cold Beam
Earth - Magic Arrow, Turn To Stone
Body - First Aid
Mind - Meditation, Precision, Feeblemind, Telekinesis
Spirit - Spirit Arrow, Healing Touch, Lucky Day, Guardian Angel
Light - Golden Touch, Create Food
Dark - Mass Curse, Moon Ray, Finger of Death, Dark Containment

MM7
Dark - Sacrifice

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 12 Oct 2018, 13:42

alexseevdenis wrote:machine translation:
After updates there was a problem with blasters. if you hold down the " a " key, you can shoot a Blaster, a bow or do nothing at all. If you shoot the mouse sighting, always shoots a bow. tried zanogo install the mod again, as the localization (ru), not helped.
Added to the bug tracker.

Dhosmhea
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dhosmhea » 13 Oct 2018, 03:27

Rodril wrote:I had to fit both Meditation and Merchant to temples, but all slots for learn topics were already full. Now it works this way: if anyone can learn meditation, it shows meditation, otherwise - merchant. I'll fix it in next update. Current workaround is - learn meditation then learn merchant or reapply latest update and open "Learn" topic with character who have to learn it.
Ahh, that explains it! Thank you so much for clearing up my confusion, and for putting so much effort into this merge ^.^

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 13 Oct 2018, 06:01

Machine translation:

ppp1234, from the forum, where it is distributing the game, made a translation into Russian language.

https://yadi.sk/i/b_HOK5nAiVlAHg

Although very similar to machine translation...
Last edited by alexseevdenis on 13 Oct 2018, 06:58, edited 2 times in total.

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 13 Oct 2018, 07:15

Rodril wrote:I had to fit both Meditation and Merchant to temples, but all slots for learn topics were already full. Now it works this way: if anyone can learn meditation, it shows meditation, otherwise - merchant.
The skill of meditation should be taught only in the magic Guild.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 13 Oct 2018, 10:24

Hello, patch link have been updated - only minor fixes this time. Blaster is fixed now.
alexseevdenis wrote:ppp1234, from the forum, where it is distributing the game, made a translation into Russian language.
https://yadi.sk/i/b_HOK5nAiVlAHgAlthough
very similar to machine translation...
Is it good enough to insert into current localization files?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Oct 2018, 10:33

Rodril wrote:Blaster is fixed now.
Removed from the bug tracker. What about the other reported bugs? Were some of them fixed?

Code: Select all

Reported by Strobe: 
- Heroic Sword (Two-Handed) right hand texture is buggy (which doesn't hold the sword)
- Hirelings don't take gold/percentage
- Travel with Stable to Tularean Forest is a bit too rare (it seemed more often in vanilla game imo)
- No wind and gate master hirelings (or maybe very-very rare)
- Citizens are not changing randomly through reloading the saved game, or travel (spending some time)
- Racial bonuses seem to be uncompleted
- About Arcomage deck: the player shouldn't get a deck before the mm7 quest, or as an alternative, it could be buyable in some inn's in all over the 3 continent
- Starting kit should be more randomized imo
- More accurate descriptions, mentioning all the classes in the stats (it only has the mm8 classes, bit confusing)
- Hirelings are too cheap to hire (all of them were only 200 gold, but im sure its just a placeholder value)

Reported by Mommyiamnotacow:
I play Merge with challenge "dead is dead" when i dismiss killed party members. And at some point (treveling to next mm part) i got a bug, 80% peasants have broken inventory. Thay dont have base loot, and the main problem they cant handl the items. With empty inventiry the character says "inventory is full". How can i fix this? Is there a console script to generate hired peasant to test?
(I have a game with 30.09 update. The game was fully reinstalled with first start script compilied, not just patched.)

Reported by dominatorek1:
I got bsod video scheduel internal error by playing mm8 and i cant still fix it i have up to date graphics card
everything is installed i dont know how to fix.
(editor's note and response: this sounds way more like a driver / card malfunction error, than a game error.
If you have another graphics card (I always have a backup, for the past 10 years, it seems), try switching it, if it continues, it wasn't the problem, if not, either there is something wrong with the driver, or the card itself is screwed. Also could very well be a RAM problem (especially if your graphics card doesn't have its own RAM, using system RAM instead). It could be anything at this point, try googling up the BSOD error and CHECK PC events (Control panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer, find the time the BSOD occured to see what was happening at that point))

Reported by fortego:
I get the list of all thirteen taverns, won everywhere (I excluded the tavern from the the list after i won), but can't finish the quest. (MM7)

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 13 Oct 2018, 11:02

One thing I just remembered: the rings in characters' starting items used to have quite a high chance of giving random bonuses to attributes ranging from 1 to 5. I haven't seen those bonuses in the merge.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Oct 2018, 11:20

Phobos wrote:One thing I just remembered: the rings in characters' starting items used to have quite a high chance of giving random bonuses to attributes ranging from 1 to 5. I haven't seen those bonuses in the merge.
Added to bug tracker.

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 13 Oct 2018, 12:27

Rodril wrote:Hello, patch link have been updated - only minor fixes this time. Blaster is fixed now.
alexseevdenis wrote:ppp1234, from the forum, where it is distributing the game, made a translation into Russian language.
https://yadi.sk/i/b_HOK5nAiVlAHgAlthough
very similar to machine translation...
Is it good enough to insert into current localization files?
No. The translation is too machine. I'll try to humanize him a little.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 Oct 2018, 17:10

Hey Rodril,

I see that you fixed Percival. Thanks for that!

As for the screwy sword textures: the Duelist Blade's has been fixed now.

The remaining swords I posted in that screenshot on page 48 still have those altered textures, though. Frankly, I don't have the faintest idea where these textures came from. Could someone with some knowledge about this say something?
Last edited by Xfing on 13 Oct 2018, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Oct 2018, 17:40

Xfing wrote: The remaining swords I posted in that screenshot on page 48 still have those altered textures, though. Frankly, I don't have the faintest idea where these textures came from. Could someone with some knowledge about this say something?
I totally hijacked Rodril's files on his harddrive while he wasn't looking and replaced those. Don't they look fabulous?!? :yes: :D :D :D :D :tongue:

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 Oct 2018, 17:47

Templayer wrote: I totally hijacked Rodril's files on his harddrive while he wasn't looking and replaced those. Don't they look fabulous?!? :yes: :D :D :D :D :tongue:
I'm serious though, they look like shit, are totally arbitrary and definitely not called for in any shape or form. So I'm curious if they were a prank or something...

Skjurru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skjurru » 13 Oct 2018, 21:41

First: I am currently playing through the merge for the first time, and it's AMAZING. Can't stress it enough. Kudos, Rodril.

Second: I would like to contribute. I've got zero skill in coding or texturing (I'm pretty sure they are prohibited skills for my race/class combo), but I'm pretty good at writing. Been doing it for a living for a while now.

So, is there any writing that needs to be done for new content? At the very least, the English on the random NPCs sometimes found in taverns and training halls is pretty broken – I could help fix that (Verdant's quest line is very nicely written, though!). I can do English and/or Russian, as required.
Last edited by Skjurru on 13 Oct 2018, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”