Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2018, 14:25

I have an somewhat interesting idea - what about being able to select the character background image on character creation? Or on the fly?
Or even better - it changing dynamically depending on what map you are (and going to default if an error occurs). For example - The minotaur's visual background seems to be supposed to be the vicinity of Balthazar's Lair. So inside and around it, every character would have it's background visually switched to that of the minotaurs in MM8. :devious:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

fortego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fortego » 29 Sep 2018, 18:02

I started the game in MM7, got a letter to meet someone in empty tower above Clanker's laboratory in Tularean Forest. But when I came there, i found nothing. How should i start the dialog with NPC there? Or should i clear Clanker's laboratory first?
Last edited by fortego on 29 Sep 2018, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 30 Sep 2018, 00:08

fortego wrote:I started the game in MM7, got a letter to meet someone in empty tower above Clanker's laboratory in Tularean Forest. But when I came there, i found nothing. How should i start the dialog with NPC there? Or should i clear Clanker's laboratory first?
It's not the tower above the laboratory, it's the one on the other island. No need to clear the lab. I recommend learning the Town Portal spell first :)

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 30 Sep 2018, 01:45

Hello, patch link have been updated. No idea why I have not thought about "dismiss" button in adventurer's inn, now it is there and allows to easily manage hirelings, thanks. Note, if you'll "dismiss forever" original mm8 characters, they won't come back too, their spots will be taken by random hirelings, so it is the way to get more than 8 random ones.
MM6-alike base for reputation and Beg/Threat/Bribe system have been added. Town halls do not allow to pay fine for now, - temples are only way to clear sins at the moment. Reputation system can be tweaked in new txt table - "Continent settings.txt" as well as saturation and softness values.
Extra water frames and new armors have been added and their effects are rescripted (though, I've combined woman's variation of chainmails and Hareck's leather with mm8 pants, dark elf paperdolls looked weird otherwise), thanks.
I like new plate armors: two more with leg parts for minotaur.
Phobos wrote:Or should i clear Clanker's laboratory first?
It should be inside secondary tower (southern one).
Templayer wrote:I have an somewhat interesting idea - what about being able to select the character background image on character creation?
Some of these backgrounds have shadows according to original paperdolls. It should be possible with current tools, but i don't like graphic tweaks much.
GavinMagnus wrote:Thanks for that, but what should i do if i want a new party, but dead body in the Adventurers Inn don't disappear after YEARS?someone broken? where i can find roster.txt and delete it?
It won't disappear if total value of items it contain more than 15000 gold. I hope it will be solved now.
nixodrius wrote:Still having a blast with the merge, although while doing my MM7 questline I have encountered a problem. When trying to pick up Judge Sleen from Inn... he seems to have personality disorder - he acts like an npc from Jadame (Poudlin Deerhunter to be precise) and mumbles about his/her family precious druidic circlet. This sadly prevents me from picking dark side. Is there any way (console command etc.) to force him into following me? Or should I just wait till this get fixed?
Could you send me your savegame? Do you use any localization? It is strange, i could not reproduce this bug. Try to do following:
1. Start conversation with disordered Sleen.
2. Open debug console with ctrl+f1 and execute this code with ctrl+enter:

Code: Select all

cNPC = Game.NPC[GetCurrentNPC()]
oNPC = Game.NPCDataTxt[GetCurrentNPC()]
for k,v in oNPC.Events do
cNPC.Events[k] = v
end
3. Exit conversation and enter it again.
If it won't work, try to remove localization files, if you use them, and repeat steps again.
Kinthalas wrote:However I have run into a bug that I was hoping you'd be ale to help me with. I started a new game in the MM7 world just because I love the Monk class. However, when I killed the High Priest of Baa for the Monk Master promotion quest., Bartholomew Hue doesn't seem to recognize the task completion and consequently won't promote my Monk.
Are you sure this monster is dead? Try to enter Temple of Baa and exit it again, if it won't work, send me savegame file, please. I've checked this quest, but qbit was set correctly upon leaving Temple.
FfuzzyLogik wrote:I made (from images on the web) some new look for MM6 artifacts, are you intrested by them to rework them ? Notice I used your tool to "finish" them for colours. But I'm not sure the ones are online are the "finished ones" (re-edited by your tool to have nice colours in game).
I replaced them (for they are at "good position") when I've done this if you need coordonates I may find them...
Pictures looks very nice, but i'd like to keep original, or maybe adjust a bit original ones to more fit mm8 paperdolls. I could take rings - have something in mind, but don't know if it will come to realization.

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 30 Sep 2018, 07:51

Rodril wrote:MM6-alike base for reputation and Beg/Threat/Bribe system have been added. Town halls do not allow to pay fine for now, - temples are only way to clear sins at the moment. Reputation system can be tweaked in new txt table - "Continent settings.txt" as well as saturation and softness values.
Now it is possible to return the skill of theft?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2018, 07:55

Rodril wrote:HNo idea why I have not thought about "dismiss" button in adventurer's inn, now it is there and allows to easily manage hirelings, thanks. Note, if you'll "dismiss forever" original mm8 characters, they won't come back too, their spots will be taken by random hirelings, so it is the way to get more than 8 random ones.
Quest-related NPCs from MM8 shouldn't be dismissable, for obvious reasons. Just a note, in case they are now. :hug:
Last edited by Templayer on 30 Sep 2018, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2018, 08:00

"Double post by a mistake"
Last edited by Templayer on 30 Sep 2018, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

dominatorek1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dominatorek1 » 30 Sep 2018, 16:50

Hello guys can u find a mm8 merge mod a character editor save editor or something i cant find i need some cheats for gold please guys.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Sep 2018, 17:09

dominatorek1 wrote:Hello guys can u find a mm8 merge mod a character editor save editor or something i cant find i need some cheats for gold please guys.
Press Ctrl+F1, paste this script and press Ctrl+Enter:

Party.Gold = 20000
Change 20000 to whatever value you need.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

dominatorek1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dominatorek1 » 30 Sep 2018, 17:24

What do i need to do this do i need a tool or in game ?

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 30 Sep 2018, 17:26

in game

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Sep 2018, 18:02

GrayFace wrote:
dominatorek1 wrote:Hello guys can u find a mm8 merge mod a character editor save editor or something i cant find i need some cheats for gold please guys.
Press Ctrl+F1, paste this script and press Ctrl+Enter:

Party.Gold = 20000
Change 20000 to whatever value you need.
Or just get to the Tree in Alvar that gives out infinite white potions.
And sell them.
Infinite white potions = infinite gold.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Sep 2018, 19:13

Holy cow, you really did a better-than-expected job with creating MM8 paperdoll variants for Hareck's Leather! I'll check what other types of armor you've covered.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm beat. The Noble Plate Armor isn't among the tweaked armors, and the chainmails you referred to must be some uniques that I still don't have, since regular chains from MM7 (even fixed spawns) are not obtainable as of yet. So yeah, assuming you meant unique chains from MM6 or 7. A list would be convenient to have :D

But seeing as how your edits of Hareck's Leather were super capable, I'm convinced that bringing the rest of the unique and even regular armors to this game is just a matter of time. And that's going to be glorious :D

(btw when that happens I can come up with adjusted stats for them to keep them all different, like I did for the weapons)

Two minor suggestions:
1) After copying the files of this latest update to the folder, I couldn't run MM8, it gave me an error. Setting it to Win XP compatibility mode seems to have fixed it.
2) Could you set the leg covering for the female paperdoll to something different for Hareck's Leather? The caravaner's leather legs look a bit too... poor for that armor. If I may suggest something, I'd use the Erudine Chainmail's plain black leather covering. If that's not a lot of trouble of course!
Last edited by Xfing on 30 Sep 2018, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.

Strobe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Strobe » 02 Oct 2018, 09:44

Hello!

I haven't tested a lot of things yet, but i started to play with Jadame due to more options in classes.
When will be added the other classes? How will the promotions with Priests and Clerics work?
Also, i hired some npcs, none of them have the effects right now. And i think the bar of hirelings could be more up a bit.
All artifacts and relics will be in their own continent, or they could be obtainable everywhere?

Anyways, this is a fantastic project. Im studying the mm8 item modification video, and i'll help if i get the time and skills for it.
This project is the best thing happened to M&M in a long time, thanks Rodril!
Last edited by Strobe on 02 Oct 2018, 09:56, edited 2 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Oct 2018, 10:07

Strobe wrote:Hello!
When will be added the other classes? How will the promotions with Priests and Clerics work?
All the classes from all the games are obtainable now, but their availability is restricted by continent, i.e. you'll never be able to start as a Monk on Jadame for example. There are also no promoters there. There is a chance of meeting Antagarich-exclusive classes on Jadame and Enroth in training centers or taverns, though.

The only thing that this game doesn't have right now are dwarves, due to the necessity of creating new paperdolls for them, along with items to match them. Tons of work, obviously.
All artifacts and relics will be in their own continent, or they could be obtainable everywhere?
From my playthrough a couple of updates ago I could tell that Jadame will first try to choose from its native pool, but you can get artifacts and relics from the other games in Jadame too.

Strobe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Strobe » 02 Oct 2018, 14:29

Oh, i forgot that there is an update in the first post. Now it works fine, i have all the classes. Happiness. :)

One thing that i don't know anybody else mentioned, but WASD controlling is not working. Only arrows.
I just started 2 days ago gog MM7 with greyface patch, and the mouselook and wasd is working properly. I have only mouselook in MMMerge.
Is it a bug or just unfinished?

edit: Ok, i got both working changing in the ini file. :)
Last edited by Strobe on 02 Oct 2018, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

dominatorek1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dominatorek1 » 02 Oct 2018, 14:41

Guys u need to add dwarsf or gnomes from mm7 there are two females and two males i think i need to have all characters pls.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Oct 2018, 15:22

dominatorek1 wrote:Guys u need to add dwarsf or gnomes from mm7 there are two females and two males i think i need to have all characters pls.
AND zombies from MM7!

Even though not that many people know about this "easter egg race".
Last edited by Templayer on 02 Oct 2018, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Oct 2018, 21:44

Yes, zombies are kind of wasted, whole characters just for an easter egg. What would be really cool is to turn them into an actual new race. Who's got ideas for skills and promotions? I guess they should go to MM7 or MM8 continent, with the latter being easier, because it's 1 promotion quest instead of 3. Unused stonehenge in Murmurwoods could be the target of it.
Last edited by GrayFace on 02 Oct 2018, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 03 Oct 2018, 00:50

Hello, patch link have been updated. I've noticed some bugs which lead to crash or constant pop of debug console, if you've encountered any of these - apply update. Also few new profession-effects have been rescripted.
kristal wrote:Now it is possible to return the skill of theft?
In theory - yes, party can be punished now, even by permission to enter shop for certain time, but it is not implemented yet, I have not thought much about it.
Templayer wrote:Or just get to the Tree in Alvar that gives out infinite white potions.
It is not an option anymore, i'm sure it was bug (according to game scripts) and removed this. Tree will give just one potion now.
Xfing wrote:Could you set the leg covering for the female paperdoll to something different for Hareck's Leather? The caravaner's leather legs look a bit too... poor for that armor. If I may suggest something, I'd use the Erudine Chainmail's plain black leather covering. If that's not a lot of trouble of course!
Yes, definitely, erudine chainmail looks and fits a lot better, i've changed it. These conversions were made by Grayface, i'm not sure i'll ever have enough patience for such painstaking work.
Strobe wrote:When will be added the other classes? How will the promotions with Priests and Clerics work?
As an option you can start as Peasant, and promote main character to any class with very small race-based restrictions.
dominatorek1 wrote:Guys u need to add dwarsf or gnomes from mm7 there are two females and two males i think i need to have all characters pls.
I'm afraid, it won't happen in nearest future, dwarf have another type of paperdoll not covered by any existing, so literally all armor pictures have to be repainted for them.
Speaking of zombies, i have no idea how they can fit in might and magic lore as independent race, are not they were always supposed to be just necromancer's semi-brainless slaves?

Return to “Might and Magic”