Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 27 Sep 2018, 08:08

Hello, could anyone fills me with some hint for "metal rod" quest, I'm clueless here and keep wandering around. A step by step is warmly welcome.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 27 Sep 2018, 19:28

The Metal Rod is in the Dark Dwarf Compound in Alvar, in one of the chests near the booby trapped hallway. The quest text incorrectly refers to them as "Duergar", when Duergar is a term specific to Dungeons & Dragons, not exactly M&M.
Last edited by Daedros on 27 Sep 2018, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Sep 2018, 21:21

Smooth (14 frames) water: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rk9odnjlkcro ... 3.rar?dl=0
wavy water.bitmaps.lod is an alternative animation for MM8 water that I like more.
Last edited by GrayFace on 27 Sep 2018, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 28 Sep 2018, 02:55

Daedros wrote:The Metal Rod is in the Dark Dwarf Compound in Alvar, in one of the chests near the booby trapped hallway. The quest text incorrectly refers to them as "Duergar", when Duergar is a term specific to Dungeons & Dragons, not exactly M&M.
Hello, how do I access this area from MM6 continent? Totally clueless here ;)

alexseevdenis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexseevdenis » 28 Sep 2018, 03:34

Ojnly Alvar

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 28 Sep 2018, 03:47

alexseevdenis wrote:Ojnly Alvar
My gosh, then how do I teleport to that area?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 Sep 2018, 07:40

phamlongtuan wrote:
alexseevdenis wrote:Ojnly Alvar
My gosh, then how do I teleport to that area?
1. Use the Dimension Door spell by casting Town Gate in several special places. (the game gives you a hint if you are at them)
2. Use secret pathways between the continents (no prerequisites necessary, by that I mean magical ones, etc.)
3. Use a Dimension Door book scroll.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

nixodrius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nixodrius » 28 Sep 2018, 08:18

Still having a blast with the merge, although while doing my MM7 questline I have encountered a problem. When trying to pick up Judge Sleen from Inn... he seems to have personality disorder - he acts like an npc from Jadame (Poudlin Deerhunter to be precise) and mumbles about his/her family precious druidic circlet. This sadly prevents me from picking dark side. Is there any way (console command etc.) to force him into following me? Or should I just wait till this get fixed?

Keep doing your awesome job :)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Sep 2018, 08:50

I've updated the water link. I previously desaturated the MM7 one too much to compensate for bigger saturation in the Merge. I do seem to like bigger saturation for MM7, but don't like desaturated MM6 without a corresponding Value increase. I feel something like this works best:
S, V = 0.98, 1.01
Last edited by GrayFace on 28 Sep 2018, 08:53, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GavinMagnus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GavinMagnus » 28 Sep 2018, 19:30

How new party members are generated? And how i can delete non-used party members in
Adventure's tavern?

I noticed that sometimes dead characters (with the status dead) disappear from there, but not always.
And after 7-8 charasters is here, i cannot find a new party.

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mortis » 28 Sep 2018, 20:55

GrayFace wrote:The armor is ready! https://www.dropbox.com/s/f21lol3wz5tev ... 2.rar?dl=0
Too bad the Elven Chainmail is only usable by elves. I've made Troll/Minotaur versions before realizing that. Maybe there could be a quest to lift the magic that restricts it to elves only.
I've recolored relic versions of MM6 artifacts slightly.
In MiscTweaks.lua I've fixed jumping on nonflat structures. Should be fine now. Speed limits can be tweaked if they won't work somewhere.
Great job GrayFace! They look really nice. Now these armors need only rescricption to make their abilities working.
Last edited by Mortis on 28 Sep 2018, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2018, 07:38

Mortis wrote:
GrayFace wrote:The armor is ready! https://www.dropbox.com/s/f21lol3wz5tev ... 2.rar?dl=0
Too bad the Elven Chainmail is only usable by elves. I've made Troll/Minotaur versions before realizing that. Maybe there could be a quest to lift the magic that restricts it to elves only.
I've recolored relic versions of MM6 artifacts slightly.
In MiscTweaks.lua I've fixed jumping on nonflat structures. Should be fine now. Speed limits can be tweaked if they won't work somewhere.
Great job GrayFace! They look really nice. Now these armors need only rescricption to make their abilities working.
Could we get some pictures here with the new armour and the recolors?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2018, 07:39

GavinMagnus wrote:How new party members are generated? And how i can delete non-used party members in
Adventure's tavern?

I noticed that sometimes dead characters (with the status dead) disappear from there, but not always.
And after 7-8 charasters is here, i cannot find a new party.
Dead and some time has to pass, I think.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Sep 2018, 08:48

Here's the exact time:
Rodril wrote:
Daedros wrote:Is the list of available random hirelings generated only once, when you create a new game?
No, but maximum amount of random hirelings is 8. There are not enough room in roster.txt to make more, but unlike classic players, random ones are not permanent, they will disappear within three days, if you'll dismiss them in any unconcinious state, or if you won't hire them for year and total value of their items less than 15000 gold.
BTW, it would be best to have a Dismiss button in the Adventurers Inn, so that the process is controllable. New random hirelings can still take 1-3 days to be generated to prevent continual looting and dismissing of hirelings.
Last edited by GrayFace on 29 Sep 2018, 08:52, edited 3 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Sep 2018, 09:33

AdditionToMerge3 has been updated. I've updated water and 2 armors. Wavy water is the only option now because moving water outright doesn't work when there are 14 frames of it. If someone wants to try it anyway, I can upload.
Here are the screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

The recolored relics (in the inventory there are original-looking artifacts too for comparison):
Nothing radical, especially on chainmail's side. Still, it would be cool for people to have a "hey, they're slightly different!" moment.
Last edited by GrayFace on 29 Sep 2018, 09:49, edited 3 times in total.

GavinMagnus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GavinMagnus » 29 Sep 2018, 10:02

GrayFace wrote:Here's the exact time:
Rodril wrote:
Daedros wrote:Is the list of available random hirelings generated only once, when you create a new game?
No, but maximum amount of random hirelings is 8. There are not enough room in roster.txt to make more, but unlike classic players, random ones are not permanent, they will disappear within three days, if you'll dismiss them in any unconcinious state, or if you won't hire them for year and total value of their items less than 15000 gold.
BTW, it would be best to have a Dismiss button in the Adventurers Inn, so that the process is controllable. New random hirelings can still take 1-3 days to be generated to prevent continual looting and dismissing of hirelings.
Thanks for that, but what should i do if i want a new party, but dead body in the Adventurers Inn don't disappear after YEARS?
someone broken? where i can find roster.txt and delete it?
Last edited by GavinMagnus on 29 Sep 2018, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 29 Sep 2018, 11:45

Those armors look great! Fantastic work! I like the subtle differences in the golden plates, but the chainmails are perhaps a bit too similar to tell them apart. Maybe the red areas could be more different in color or the overall shade slightly darker?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Sep 2018, 13:34

There's bigger difference between chainmails in the game, but it's still pretty subtle.
GavinMagnus wrote:Thanks for that, but what should i do if i want a new party, but dead body in the Adventurers Inn don't disappear after YEARS?
someone broken? where i can find roster.txt and delete it?
This may or may not work depending on Rodril's implementation:
Hire only players you want to get rid of, press Ctrl+F1, paste this script and press Ctrl+Enter:

Code: Select all

for i = Party.Count - 1, 1, -1 do
	local k = Party.PlayersIndexes[i]
	evt.Sub("Players", i)
	Party.QBits[400 + k] = false
end
Then save game only if you're able to hire new random hirelings afterwards.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Sep 2018, 14:17

GrayFace wrote: Awesome images of armours
Holy crap, those are great! But the chainmail relic should be recolored by a different hue, otherwise it is next to impossible to tell the difference. I'm voting for green instead of red! :oex:

GavinMagnus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GavinMagnus » 29 Sep 2018, 14:22

GrayFace wrote:There's bigger difference between chainmails in the game, but it's still pretty subtle.

This may or may not work depending on Rodril's implementation:
Hire only players you want to get rid of, press Ctrl+F1, paste this script and press Ctrl+Enter
Then save game only if you're able to hire new random hirelings afterwards.
I do that, but deleted party-members back into advencures inn, after i coming back into free haven.
and i still cannot find new hirelings

Return to “Might and Magic”