Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GabrielleCelesta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby GabrielleCelesta » 29 May 2018, 15:47

Xfing wrote:As for Castle Darkmoor - yes, in original MM6 it did periodically cast Dispel Magic, removing all the buffs from the party. The green light effect like with the spell never appeared though, obviously, since it was introduced in MM7.
This is wrong. The dispel effect came from Maddening Eyes, but due to a bug it ignored line of sight so it pretty much dispelled you through walls everywhere in the castle, there was no such feature as auto-dispel.

The Fire archers in the guard towers around WhiteCap were indeed friendly to the player (unlike those that come from trapped well ambushes), in the Merge they are hostile and bombard you with fireballs for no apparent reason, which is rather frustrating.
Last edited by GabrielleCelesta on 29 May 2018, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 30 May 2018, 16:50

Ok, so the solution is to give Maddening Eyes dispel again. They have offensive spells instead at the moment.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 01 Jun 2018, 00:11

Patch link have been updated, just one important fix there, it is enough to download "Scripts" folder and "SFT.txt" from "Data\Tables" folder. In hardware mode game crashed because of new monster (what quiet ironically, if you remember "arena's cactus glitch"), also fixed issue with bolstering already bolstered monsters.
Reactors are vulnerable only for blasters, but only in Enrothian Hive, they should not appear anywhere else anymore (even in Arena). I have not change other points yet.

NotABroom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NotABroom » 03 Jun 2018, 09:56

Is it possible to deactivate the automatic increasing of enemy stats? Wanted to try and create myself a little mod.

@GabrielleCelesta
Fire Archers did attack you in the original MM6 by default.
Last edited by NotABroom on 03 Jun 2018, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Jun 2018, 11:34

NotABroom wrote:Is it possible to deactivate the automatic increasing of enemy stats? Wanted to try and create myself a little mod.

@GabrielleCelesta
Fire Archers did attack you in the original MM6 by default.
Just remove the "bolster monsters" option in the options menu.

BTW, the stuff inside the Breach is amazing, some of the best architecture ever put to the MM6-8 engine, if not the best! I'm super-impressed.

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mortis » 03 Jun 2018, 20:33

I found a bug.
Stephen in Murmurwoods promotes clerics/priests to priests of dark instead of priests of light/sun.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 04 Jun 2018, 14:23

Loving these new updates :) I noticed a couple of very small things:

- Passing a turn with B when holding a wand causes the hit-sound to appear. It should be silent.
- The bowl of fruit on Castle Harmondale's table is not pickable. It should transform into an apple on clicking.
- Bounty Hunts in Antagarich (possibly in Enroth too) don't add the counter in the characters' Awards section if it's not there already. It's only shown there after completing a hunt in Jadame.
- Lord Markham's Manor and Wromthrax's Cave don't show their specific texts upon entering, it just says 'Do you wish to leave Tatalia?' Is it possible to add the text when they don't display entrance pictures?
Last edited by Phobos on 05 Jun 2018, 08:03, edited 4 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Jun 2018, 14:47

Phobos wrote: - The bowl of fruit on Castle Harmondale's table is not pickable. It should transform into an apple on clicking.
Right! This is also true with all other bowls of fruit in both MM7 and MM8.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 08 Jun 2018, 08:21

Verdant's quest for the Metal Rod disappears from the log when I quit the game and reload the save. I brought the rod to her but she doesn't have the dialogue option for it anymore. :|
Last edited by Phobos on 08 Jun 2018, 13:22, edited 2 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 09 Jun 2018, 00:49

Hello, patch link have been updated. Clanker's laborathory now accessible even after Archiebald gets there, having wetsuit in inventory will grant player "water breathing" buff, "Saving Goobers" quest won't disappear again, fruit bowls will work now, and transition texts for some mm6/7 maps have been restored, mm6/7 bounty hunts will increase "monsters hunted" value and will correctly shown in "awards" section of character's sheet (in old savegames you have to complete at least one more bounty hunt to make it appear), fixed issue with Jadamean priest promotion, monsters will correctly cast Dispel now. Blaster have their factial min recover time at 5, but value shown in character's sheet won't be lower than 30 for now, also wands won't make hit sound after passing turn by "B" button, but i have not solved issue yet, it is temporary workaround, sounds still will appear, if player have club in hand. Thanks.
NotABroom wrote:Is it possible to deactivate the automatic increasing of enemy stats? Wanted to try and create myself a little mod.
Yes, deactivate it in "controls" section, or disable it by default in file "ExtraSettings.ini" in "Data" folder.
Xfing wrote:- Maybe you could bring back the Enrothian "High Priest" class, with access to both Light and Dark magic? Like we discussed before, these two schools do not overlap in the MM8 spellbook.
I missed this point. While Enroth have access to dark spells, noone class can get correct promotion to learn them. I've checked, it is true, Light and Dark magic do not overlap, but i'm not sure there should be classes with both of them due to opposition of these magics schools in mm7 and mm8. I'll think how to solve it.

I've got message about troubles with passing through storyline in The Breach (not technical ones, but confusing quest requirements), have you been able to finish it?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 09 Jun 2018, 03:33

GabrielleCelesta wrote:
Xfing wrote:As for Castle Darkmoor - yes, in original MM6 it did periodically cast Dispel Magic, removing all the buffs from the party. The green light effect like with the spell never appeared though, obviously, since it was introduced in MM7.
This is wrong. The dispel effect came from Maddening Eyes, but due to a bug it ignored line of sight so it pretty much dispelled you through walls everywhere in the castle, there was no such feature as auto-dispel.
Liches (weakest Lich)
Greater Liches (medium Lich)
Maddening Eyes (strongest Eye)

Those all cast Dispel Magic.

Source: http://www.angelfire.com/ns/mmloot/mm6/mm6mml.html
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

nevilspealer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nevilspealer » 09 Jun 2018, 18:16

My party's around level 154. I was clearing out Castle Lambent for fun, and I noticed a problem. The sorcerers had about 600 health, but were summoning liches with about 10000 health and the ability to one-shot my party with shrapmetal. Pretty sure the sorcerers shouldn't summon liches at all.

Then I started getting this error. I can't seem to get it to show up again, but it said something about a monster stats file, and trying to access the 67th column of a 66 column table or somesuch. I got the error multiple times.
Also, the little water bar that's supposed to lower next to the lever when you drain the water doesn't lower.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 09 Jun 2018, 18:53

Ouch. Fixed issue with liches (and many others summons), reapply latest update or just "AdaptiveMonsterStats.lua" from "...Scripts\General" folder and "Quest_CrossContinents.lua" from "...Scripts\Global" folder.

Velihras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Velihras » 09 Jun 2018, 20:24

got it myself :))
Last edited by Velihras on 09 Jun 2018, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Jun 2018, 22:58

Thanks for fixing that summoning glitch! It did occur one time to me too - druids summoning earth elementals in the Superior Temple of Baa - they too had thousands upon thousands of HP and did obscene amounts of damage. As for the breach - still working on it, and I do feel lost. I really like the scenery though :D

And thanks for all those fixes in this week's patch, Rodril, that's quite a lot of issues solved. Pardon me for asking, but have you taken care of those missing halberd stats too? This doesn't let me sleep at night :D

Oh, and about the breach. I can't find my fifth party member anywhere, where are they located? I've gotten the ones in ]Ogre Fortress, Castle Ironfist and Merchant House of Alvar Also, when trying to town portal or lloyd's beacon out of the breach, a game-ending error occurs. I think it should instead give a message saying you're not allowed to do it. Also, do the Cactus enemies need to be so freaking strong? Most have a negative HP, so they die in a single spell, but there are some who actually have over 32k hp, and those are deadly. The toughest monsters at my party level have around 5k hp, so this is super overkill IMO :P
Last edited by Xfing on 09 Jun 2018, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 10 Jun 2018, 08:14

Reapply latest update again. Bolstering cactuses have been fixed, town portal and lloyd at the Breach - too. You are not able to use Lloyd, but town portal should work. I think i've fixed halberds, will check it again a bit later. Thanks.
Spoiler: fifth party member is in tower-alike structure at south-west, unlike other party memebers, he presented as friendly monster - he don't sit in any house. To proceed in quest - start to open doors of houses, some of them won't be locked. I'll change this aspect to be more clear.
Last edited by Rodril on 10 Jun 2018, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 Jun 2018, 08:59

hi rodril,

another issue with the genie lamps:
according to https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/genie_lamps.txt they should give the stats mentioned there (http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm7/magiclamps.shtml , http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/recovere ... lamps.html and other sites also have this table).
my party is in 1st week of may there and got completly randoms -> skill pts, xp pts, int, pers, items
is it intended from your side to be them completly random or is it an error in the system?

best regards,
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Jun 2018, 09:05

Yeah, the "Old Halberd, "Halberd" and "Common Halberd" still have their unmoddeed stats, the rest are fine. I also suggest swapping the names of the Halberd and Common halberd, as "Common" implies worse.

BTW, the interface when the Runaway Chaos asks you riddles can get screwy sometimes, complete with another cursor appearing and dragging your view upwards constantly. It requires restarting the game to sort out. BTW, I found him in one house before having answered all riddles correctly, and he still joined me, kinda weird. I probably still have to answer the remaining ones before he grants me my "wish", though.
justl wrote:hi rodril,

another issue with the genie lamps:
according to https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/genie_lamps.txt they should give the stats mentioned there (http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm7/magiclamps.shtml , http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/recovere ... lamps.html and other sites also have this table).
my party is in 1st week of may there and got completly randoms -> skill pts, xp pts, int, pers, items
is it intended from your side to be them completly random or is it an error in the system?

best regards,
justl
I believe this was intentional, so the genie lamps have a different functionality than Decks of Fate. Those still grant bonuses based on the time of the year and week.

EDIT: I did manage to beat the questline, the castle having changed and all. I take it the basement now has infinite levels for killing monsters? The problem is - this latest update completely messed up my characters' experience values, bringing them into trillions, and it says I require an obscene amount of exp to level up higher. Can this be fixed?
Last edited by Xfing on 10 Jun 2018, 11:21, edited 3 times in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 10 Jun 2018, 12:43

An issue has emerged: when performing an unarmed attack or skipping a turn while unarmed, the debug console appears.
Last edited by Phobos on 10 Jun 2018, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 10 Jun 2018, 16:51

Xfing wrote:the interface when the Runaway Chaos asks you riddles can get screwy sometimes, complete with another cursor appearing and dragging your view upwards constantly.
It is temporary MouseLook. Use backspace to toggle it (probably you've used it while typed answer for riddle), or disable it by renaming "MouseLookTmp.lua" to "MouseLookTmp.lua.off" in "...Scripts\General" folder.
Xfing wrote:I take it the basement now has infinite levels for killing monsters?
Yes. Maze becomes bigger, monsters - stronger, treasures - better.
Xfing wrote:and it says I require an obscene amount of exp to level up higher.
Probably it is consequence of killing glitched cactuses (I really should not make monster inspired by bug, ha ha). I'll look how to recount exp. You can try to do it manually via debug console: open it with ctrl+f1, type "Party[0].Experience = *recounted value*" without quotes, use 1,2,3,4 instead of 0 for other characters, press ctrl+enter to execute it.
Phobos wrote:An issue has emerged: when performing an unarmed attack or skipping a turn while unarmed, the debug console appears.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2esjihi79wbgx ... s.lua?dl=0 - reload MiscTweaks.lua and put it into "...Scripts\General" folder.
justl wrote:another issue with the genie lamps:
It was intentionally, i wanted to make them differ from taro cards.

Return to “Might and Magic”