Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Daedros
Scout
Scout

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Daedros » 13 May 2018, 08:38

Waffel wrote: This potion is Alchemy Expert potion resulting as a product of mixing two red potions. Due to its great healing power the effect duration is only 2 hours of game time. This potion grants Regeneration buff which overlays any other Regeneration buff and heals 1+(Potion Power)/2 HP per 5 minutes of game time.

In the same fashion the black potions may be made [Elemental Elixir of Protection that adds 40 points to every elemental resistance for 6 hours and requires any two white potions of the same element (Fire etc.) to be mixed].

For these potions I've used MM6 sprites while testing so it might be a good use for the unused graphical content. But I feel nostalgic for MM7 potion bottles.

Here is the link for the [ITEMS, rnditems, POTION, POTNOTES, Potion settings] and script files which I use now (compatible with the latest MM678 update). https://puu.sh/AkVmF/c79f89a8b5.zip
I wouldn't mind seeing black Rejuvenation potions permanently restore 5 years of age, making you younger. The "Fountain of Youth" in M&M 6 only restores you to your true age, reversing the unnatural aging caused by Divine Intervention or Ghost attacks. It doesn't allow you to become more youthful than your natural age.
Last edited by Daedros on 13 May 2018, 08:42, edited 2 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 May 2018, 09:56

Speaking of which, there's still a bug that Grayface hasn't taken care of in MM7 - the Sacrifice spell doesn't restore your age like it says it should. This is irrelevant, since the spell doesn't even exist in MM8, but I thought I would throw this out there.

I'd personally be wary of making such dramatic changes to the potion system (or any serious gameplay changes for that matter), but that's just me.

BTW, speaking of Bugs that Grayface hasn't fixed yet - there's still that bug where you get Archibald's cinematic every time you exit Colony Zod after the first time you rescue Roland.

Also, what do you think Clanker's Lab is made to be still accessible after Archibald is exiled there? His dialogue suggests you should be able to enter. This could be solved via the same solution as for example entering the temples of the light or the dark - one icon for dialogue with the guy, and one for entering the place proper.

Oh, and I've noticed that obelisks #3 and #4 of Jadame don't work for me. Clicking them simply doesn't do anything, as though they had been clicked already. I've read that it might actually not prevent the completion of the obelisk quest, but it still needs to be fixed.
Last edited by Xfing on 13 May 2018, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 13 May 2018, 14:15

Xfing wrote:Also, what do you think Clanker's Lab is made to be still accessible after Archibald is exiled there? His dialogue suggests you should be able to enter. This could be solved via the same solution as for example entering the temples of the light or the dark - one icon for dialogue with the guy, and one for entering the place proper.
in the original mm7 it was still accessible after exiling archibald (icon upperhand was him talkin, icon downhand was to enter the lab)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 May 2018, 15:12

justl wrote:
Xfing wrote:Also, what do you think Clanker's Lab is made to be still accessible after Archibald is exiled there? His dialogue suggests you should be able to enter. This could be solved via the same solution as for example entering the temples of the light or the dark - one icon for dialogue with the guy, and one for entering the place proper.
in the original mm7 it was still accessible after exiling archibald (icon upperhand was him talkin, icon downhand was to enter the lab)
I never had any other icon than Archibald's when at the lab actually. Can't enter it once he's there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Mind providing a screenshot?

BTW I've noticed some minor issues again:
- Composite Bow and Elven Warbow are still at 400 and 450 gold in value. They should be upped to 500 and 550 to bring them in line with the other bows.
- When trading stalt-laced ore in Erathia, I've gotten an Elderaxe. I don't think stalt should give artifacts/relics. It should only give lots of as-of-now T6 items (top quality weapon within its class), as well as T5 weapons with top-tier enchantments. I can see that it does just that, but artifacts should be excluded from the pool.
- That said, I've gotten a Scepter of Kings from random loot too. In vanilla MM8 the artifacts found in the Vault of Time as well as the Arcomage reward chest (Glomenthal) could never be found randomly. This should be fixed. Other MM8 artifacts from pre-placed positions such as Snake or the Ring of Planes never appear anywhere else randomly, so they work as intended.
Last edited by Xfing on 13 May 2018, 15:16, edited 2 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 13 May 2018, 17:58

in tatalia i found an mm6 or mm7 style plate armor lying around in the southeastern corner of the map (where the small patch of trolls is near markhams villa)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 May 2018, 18:45

justl wrote:in tatalia i found an mm6 or mm7 style plate armor lying around in the southeastern corner of the map (where the small patch of trolls is near markhams villa)
Yeah, that one doesn't have a paperdoll sprite yet, but it's still findable. These sprites may come someday, let's hope Rodril finds a way (or someone else to do it).

Bug: The Elderaxe cannot be used by Minotaurs, originally the only class supposed to be able to use it.

Also, what do you think of making the Plane of Water inflict drowning damage on everyone? Compared to MM7, where you need a wetsuit to navigate underwater depths, in MM8 it's been pretty much handwaved and it's possible to navigate the Plane of Water with no protection whatsoever. I think that's stupid - drowning damage would be a great reason to have everyone drink Water Breathing potions, which could offer protection for the trip. Alternatively, the party could make use of wetsuits too.
Last edited by Xfing on 13 May 2018, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 May 2018, 19:48

Oh, and sorry for double posting, but Lord Kilburn's shield still doesn't appear for me in the chest that it should be in in Blackshire. I can't progress the story if I can't find the shield :(

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 14 May 2018, 01:24

Xfing wrote:Other MM8 artifacts from pre-placed positions such as Snake or the Ring of Planes never appear anywhere else randomly, so they work as intended.
The only pre-placed Artifact that i've seen that can also appear randomly once, is the Noblebone Bow. When starting a new game in Jadame, i would save at the boat in Daggerwound before going to Ravenshore, and i would make a bee-line straight for the Artifact Tree in Ravenshore. If it didn't contain the Noblebone Bow, i would reload the Daggerwound save, and try again. Rinse and repeat. Otherwise known as "save scumming". The Noblebone Bow is just too powerful to pass up, especially that early.
Xfing wrote: Bug: The Elderaxe cannot be used by Minotaurs, originally the only class supposed to be able to use it.
That happens when you try to equip a Class specific weapon to a character that is inside the Adventurer's Inn. Put the character in your party, then equip them with the class specific weapon.
Xfing wrote:Oh, and sorry for double posting, but Lord Kilburn's shield still doesn't appear for me in the chest that it should be in in Blackshire. I can't progress the story if I can't find the shield :(
It appeared for me.
Last edited by Daedros on 14 May 2018, 01:27, edited 2 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 14 May 2018, 05:22

Yeah well it doesn't appear for me, even after Blackshire respawns. No idea why, but it would seem there's nothing I can do. Don't feel like atarting another save though, is there some way to cheat for the item or give it to myself?

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 14 May 2018, 06:56

Do not write in the awards, after the job killing monster in "Town Hall".

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 14 May 2018, 16:37

Hello. Reapply latest update, issues with unarmed attacks and Kilburn's shield (open chest again and visit Enroth Oracle with "Lost it" topic) should be fixed. I will write more later.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 15 May 2018, 20:13

Hey Rodril, it seems that with your latest update some of the weapon values reverted to previous ones. I'm talking primarily about bows and those tridents you missed the first time around.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 17 May 2018, 08:57

I finally got around to starting it, now, noob question here, how do i hire people? I started in enroth, i made one character (didnt seem to have a choice to make more or am i missing something?) now im just trying to figure out how to get more characters
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 17 May 2018, 09:45

the beavers1 wrote:I finally got around to starting it, now, noob question here, how do i hire people? I started in enroth, i made one character (didnt seem to have a choice to make more or am i missing something?) now im just trying to figure out how to get more characters
You can make up to 5 characters during character creation by pressing the + symbol on the bottom left of the screen. Other than that, you'd have to find hirelings at Inns or Training Halls, which is a random chance.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 17 May 2018, 18:41

Daedros wrote:
the beavershttps://www.facebook.com/adultsideoftumblr/photos/a.1760535970880388.1073741828.1760530737547578/2021195168147799/?type=3&theater#1 wrote:I finally got around to starting it, now, noob question here, how do i hire people? I started in enroth, i made one character (didnt seem to have a choice to make more or am i missing something?) now im just trying to figure out how to get more characters
You can make up to 5 characters during character creation by pressing the + symbol on the bottom left of the screen. Other than that, you'd have to find hirelings at Inns or Training Halls, which is a random chance.
Thanks alot!

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 17 May 2018, 18:44

Actually I've never encountered a hireling at an inn, and I've been playing a lot. Only training centers for me

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 17 May 2018, 20:13

So, enjoying the game much, however i found some strange issues.
First, the guards in the tower (the archers) are attacking me.
Secondly, There was one Random cuisinart in new sorpigal over the bridge by the temple with the queen spider.
third, I cant seem to find ID item, i have a paladin, a cleric, and an archer. Can neither of them learn it?
Also, i noticed there is acromage in enroth, is there some kind of reward for beating all taverns like in the other lands?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 18 May 2018, 04:36

the beavers1 wrote:So, enjoying the game much, however i found some strange issues.
First, the guards in the tower (the archers) are attacking me.
Yeah, I wonder why that is too.
Secondly, There was one Random cuisinart in new sorpigal over the bridge by the temple with the queen spider.
I think that's part of Rodril's new mechanic that makes monsters from the bounty hunt immediately available for killing. I know that it happens in Tularean Forest on Antagarich and likely in some land in Jadame too. Was it a good design decision? Not sure, but it does make getting all the bounty quests much less of a hassle.
third, I cant seem to find ID item, i have a paladin, a cleric, and an archer. Can neither of them learn it?
Apparently yeah, none of these classes learn it. No idea why NWC didn't give this skill to Archers though. Dark Elves can get Master with it.
Also, i noticed there is acromage in enroth, is there some kind of reward for beating all taverns like in the other lands?
I've noticed that too. Haven't seen a quest giver for Enroth arcomage championship, but it's possible Rodril may be intending to implement such a quest in the future. No idea what the rewards would be, though :p

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 18 May 2018, 08:16

I think that's part of Rodril's new mechanic that makes monsters from the bounty hunt immediately available for killing. I know that it happens in Tularean Forest on Antagarich and likely in some land in Jadame too. Was it a good design decision? Not sure, but it does make getting all the bounty quests much less of a hassle.
Huh, I was not aware that was a feature, really cool! Which means Ive got some money to collect...
I wonder if there is a way to add generated bosses with the bounty system he has in place, that'd be really cool. Also I would like to see some way to utilize all the now kinda useless houses since we cant hire anymore. Maybe adding more quests? Or add traders like for horseshoes for gold, or trading in 2 artifacts for another artifact ect.

edit: was the cuinsart i killed possibly part of another towns bounty? how does it work? also any chance the bank can accumulate interest? I know that was something of a mod in the past.
Last edited by the beavers1 on 18 May 2018, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 18 May 2018, 11:17

I think bounties are separate for each continent, but consistent within single continents, not really sure though. MM8's regular hirelings still appear normally, so their houses are not really useless :p

Return to “Might and Magic”